When did it go oh so horribly wrong...

When did it go oh so horribly wrong? How did it go from a shonen giant that rivaled One piece and Naruto at its peak to the pissed down turd by its end?

Kubo isn't that good of a story teller

>When did it go oh so horribly wrong?
According to whom?

Also why was the last thread deleted?

Because Kubo is a terrible writer. That's all there is to it. There was no real plot or story for the most part and a lot of shit didn't make sense at all. Like when people die they go to soul society but hey apparently you can be born as a soul to begin with and apparently you can have children with regular living humans. It made no fucking sense whatsoever.

Naruto had a somewhat consistent story at the very least.

Ichigo wasn't even the MC and barely a character.

For example even though Naruto was a very unlikable ninja jesus by the end, he changed as a character and had a distinct personality.

Ichigo was always the same guy with the same motivation and could even be ignored by the author for weeks or months.

A mixture of things being dragged out for way too long, characters being pushed to the wayside and their personalities essentially stripped completely from them, followed by an increasingly rushed plot and everything just collapsing in on itself.

Basically Kubo is a bad writer. He had enough ideas up to Soul Society and after that didn't know where to take things from there or how they would actually flow in a coherent manner and then when he introduced Fullbringers and eventually Nazis, the manga was basically in a rut and he was forced to try and speed it up and try and finish things, which just made all the actual final unique shit just a fucking mess of things.

Had he stuck with the Fashion Ghost Hunter and quirky personalities for awhile and then introduced Soul Society, followed by only a handful of Arrancar (while keeping the quirky personalities throughout), and then the Nazis, it probably would have flowed better for a longer period. Basically he should have just kept the quirky fashion ghost hunting and then Soul Society mainly.

One Piece and Naruto have consistence stories and generally flow rather well. With the exception to the Ninja War at the end of Naruto which drug on and some of the post time-skip arcs in One Piece (which is due to Editors making him take time off for his health which just makes it take even longer). They still flow rather well, even stuff like Shokugeki no Soma and Nisekoi flow way better despite being shenanigans of the week tier.

Kubo tries to work off the rule of cool. He wants to write smug assholes fighting and constantly one upping each other (I'm behind YOU now!). The problem is he's not creative, doesn't know how to do worldbuilding or real planning, and the manga never had a point in the first place. That's kind of why arcs and battles felt very samey after a while, and why a billion characters kept on being added each arc. After a character's introduction, they're pretty much done, they're not going to really change in any way, unless they become more bland and in the background.

Kubo doesn't really have the ability to make a long running manga. That's why it turned out the way it did. He stretched things out and repeated instead of actually telling a story.

>Kubo was a terrible writer

The beginning of the series up to Soul society arc was great writing for a shonen. I think it was the editors and too much corporate meddling that helped to ruin Bleach

Pre-soul-society stuff was nice, soul society was also very good, after that only good stuff was aizen and kubotwists
I suspect its mostly because in such big world-changing stories you are forced into world building, like in naruto or one piece or even berserk, and kubo clearly didnt give two fucks about it, the whole blank backgrounds stuff was not only visual but narrative too, it felt like everything was happening in vacuum

Ichigo one-shoting aizen was a colossal betrayal. I wanted a crazy ball busting fight goddamn it. Did the manga ever come back at least in the fights department? Or did the series really just blow its load early on with the fucking awesome fights?

It had a couple fights that were decent because of the uniqueness of the abilities, but nothing ever truly came back that wasn't just "My ability only exists because its a direct counter to the enemy's ability, which was a direct counter to mine or vastly overpowered that there was no way without a direct or asspull counter".

It was mostly just shits just going off the rails every 2-3 chapters with reveals and its the exact opposite of Mexico, instead of a boring slog, its a bullet train to nowhere.

Kubo would be better off with a short series 100-150 chapters at max, something short like Death Note basically, that way he can keep a nice compact story, keep his backgrounds instead of getting tired.

Because I'll give Kubo some things, he's good at designs. Not always, sometimes there is sameface and same designs (Kaein, Ichigo, Hisagi), but overall he's pretty decent at making character designs and their general look and he's good at making up some nice powers for people, he's just bad at utilizing them in a long term story.

Kubo is a good artist and character designer, but a horrible writer. I wish he paired up with a decent writer and keeped himself to just drawing.

This. Even Naruto with all its flaws and all that garbage from the war arc is many many leagues above Bleach in terms of quality.

Gods yes! I love the style in bleach. Blending like late 90s punk in the real world and the ancient dream like glory world in the court guard squads's world was great and really neat and unique.

Its a shame what Bleach became. There are parts later in the story that I still liked, but it was a mess of missed opportunities and dropped balls sadly as it kept progressing.

In Hueco Mundo arc where Ichigo literally just fights villain after villain without a break and for some reason gets random power ups.

It had tension but honestly was so dumb because it made no sense how he won any fight. Just kept randomly getting stronger.

Up until then Bleach was actually still decent. It had a few highlights afterwards but it was all downhill from there.

This would be a little after the point I'm talking about: Specifically how Ichigo beats no. 6 barely, then has to fight no. 5 but can't keep up and is almost about to die, gets saved by Kenpaichi then fights no. 4 and somehow fucking wins while Orihimi is on the sidelines literally just crying the entire time and being cringe.

I think its just a by product of leaving a good portion of the background of your characters completely vague and then when you pay off those gaps theres just too much intrigue built up and i mean you are addicted to information but its never enough and then you are just left with a very simple good guy verse bad guy story like what we saw with dbz.

I love hunter x hunter's take. I really like how unorthodox it is compared to damn near every other shounen's show.

Even when there were backgrounds, a lot of it just felt empty sadly. Bleach lost a lot of its personality just all around I felt as it went on and everything felt bland.

>shonen giant that rivaled One piece and Naruto at its peak
This never happened.
One Piece is alone in its own popularity tier, especially in Japan, whereas Naruto is a household name globally.
Bleach was very popular but simply not at the same level with the other two.

Just look at this real life replica of Going Merry Go and think at whether any profit-oriented entity would go through the trouble to create something equivalent for Bleach, to understand the difference in popularity between Bleach and One Piece.

I love Aizen-sama.

I remember trying to watch bleach back in the day a not knowing what was going on I'd flip through the channels I'd just see ichigo running through hueco mundo fighting a no name every week reading some of the manga it just seems it never changed or expanded from its begining if he loses his powers he's gonna get em back if loses to the bady he'll get a power up. it seemed to me the only reason to read it was to see your favorite character get a chapter in of badassery before they get jobbed to somebody that'll be defeated by ichigo and friends. I didn't to much care for the whole halfbreed shit or the quincys but I did like the final arc it was enjoyable Ywach coming to the soul society man handling ichigo and burning the captain commander alive were enough for me to see it too the end. although the zero division was pretty inconsistent that was some the worst jobbing I ever seen how can they be the most hyped thing ever give ichigo and co. the tools to defeat the big threat and then not even be able touch said threats henchmen plus their powers sucked like oh my god a fucking paint brush real cool

didn't aizen practically create ichigo as far as his power goes did he really not expect to be defeated at all did he not know he was in a shoune

this is just about the exact point.

Some point around Hueco Mundo kubo stopped caring.

Its around the time all the captains show up in mexico for no reason, and for no reason are like 10x stronger than they were last arc. At that point all Kubo was doing was making characters fight one another till it got cancelled more or less.

Oddly enough they actually got that character development and power ups in the final arc.

I was considering watching the anime one more time but fuck man why did toei have to do it, it could of been so much better if literally anyone else got toei can't even give one piece and dragonball consistent animation how bad is WT's popularity in nippon

kek wrong thread

Right after they've stopped fighting Monster of the Week.

>tfw you're a 10/10 character stuck in this shitshow

I had another dream where I summoned Rukia, but sort of failed. She kept flickering in and out of existence, like something you would imagine in real life in front of you.

I guess I have to rehearse the correct way of summoning. I'm getting rusty.

Rukia f'taghn

Askin was best SR

F