Please Help Protect Net Neutrality

I call upon you of the proud nation of Kekistan, I have heard of your exploits, and I know you have the ability help protect the free internet. I know its asking a lot, but think about your favorite websites, like 4 Chan? The FCC's plan to remove net neutrality will ruin this site. This is one step closer to censorship and the destruction of freedom of speech, you won't be able to make threads anymore, everything you do on will outlawed. If you want to keep this place of free speech and your beautiful nation of Kekistan, you must use your weaponized autism against the FCC to keep your freedom...

so... what are you gonna do? The protection of your nation and of 4 Chan is in your hands, and now it's time to stop its destruction before it happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/blog/net-neutrality-strengthens-monopolies-invites-corruption
youtube.com/watch?v=ruhFmBrl4GM
youtube.com/watch?v=ek8NmpVBssA
youtube.com/watch?v=knAqM2Gsfi4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup
unvis.it/gizmodo.com/5466492/verizon-has-blocked-access-to-Sup
ntplx.net/
battleforthenet.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> I call upon you of the proud nation of Kekistan
Fuck off kikestannis
Also saged. Enough of these threads are floating around. Press f5 for fucks sake.

have fun having shit internet then, with your provider squeezing you out of your hard earned money

>Wonka memes in current year... on Sup Forums
>Kekistani flag
>"I call upon you of the proud nation of Kekistan"
You're not wrong about Net Neutrality, just holy shit are you cringey.

Fuck off retard, government regulations are the only thing that will fuck up your internet, and here you are advocating for them. mises.org/blog/net-neutrality-strengthens-monopolies-invites-corruption

>current year

memes transcend time and space, forever relevant and immortal

I'll give you a bump but you're going to have to figure this shit out on your own.

Net neutrality is a scam.

The Jew is offering you two traps. Don't take either.

The rabbis are out in full force what does it mean?

Your meme is stupid and your shit's all retarded.

The ONLY thing that matters is competition. Net neutrality will be used to regulate the internet. We have to get rid of regulated monopolies and anti-trust laws

> I call upon you the great nation of Kekistan
That's about it for you OP, go back to plebbit

We are getting rid of net neutrality not introducing it idiot

Yes, because it's definitely the consumer that's going to be targeted and has something to worry about, not the video companies like Netflix and YouTube, who you played right into the hands of.

the night of the change, you might fell a slight sting, thats just pride fucking with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=ruhFmBrl4GM

If getting rid of NN could be used to censor us or conservatives, the libs would be out campaigning for it.

Instead, you're terrified.

Good.

Lol fuck you liberal shitheads
Why don't you go ban more right wing thought from Reddit Netflix Twitter
We literally don't have a horse in the race anymore

i kinda wish they would leave it alone, but you know how they gotta fuck up everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=ek8NmpVBssA

Yeah, I mean why shouldn't we trust Comcast to provide cheap, reliable and honest service in the absence of any meaningful government oversight? Surely just coming up with better rules instead of eliminating what little exist would have no effect at all.

>sageworthy Reddit flag
King Nigger Obama was for net neutrality and that's all I need to know to oppose it.

They are literally Hitler

But user what if it was reverse psychology? What if they knew you'd want to do the opposite?

this.

Don't change what you want on such a flimsy pretext. Seize it, cuck.

See
>150411667

sorry cuckflix

>we need to stop those evil greedy corporations like comcast and google and cuckerberg and obama from ruining the internet
>by supporting the internet regulations they want

That pic makes no sense
If someone doesn't care about Net Neutrality, they aren't wishing the internet was slower, they don't care.
It should be
>oh, you don't care about net neutrality?
>tell me more about how you don't care the internet was slower
But also if he didn't care, then why would he talk more about it?
Reddit needs to end.

but honestly guys. was there a sign out front that said dead nigger storage?

youtube.com/watch?v=knAqM2Gsfi4

Have we considered the possibility that people on both the left AND right might suffer from this?

Internet is degenerate

Nope.

The left would burn down half the country to get free speech under their control. Nice try though.

Comcast wants the regulations gone fucko, that's the point.

After seeing all these threads here shilling for NN, I go over to Reddit and see nothing but more shilling for NN fucking everywhere. I think I'm comfy without it.

And apparently the right would shoot itself in the heart if they thought it'd make someone on the left frown.

>implement net neutrality to stop things like monopolies
>it doesnt

Literally just Reddit imitating their big brother Sup Forums again without knowing what or why. Net neutrality does fuck all, if anything it makes proposing better infrastructure even harder.

Have you considered the possibility that repealing net neutrality means we return to the internet rules prior to 2014, meaning it won't make much difference, and that your fear mongering seems to hide an agenda. Why are you pimping for Soros?

>If getting rid of NN could be used to censor us or conservatives
It could though, without the regulations companies could easily remove us from the online landscape.

To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

so funny

i'm not convinced on this issue yet, but one thing is confusing me

if NN is eradicated, and like people say companies start forcing consumers to pay more or have shitty internet, how will these companies continue to operate with a pissed off consumer base?

seems to me NN shouldn't be the biggest issue so much as figuring out a way for people to have competition for a ISP should their current ISP do something shitty?

If I had any faith these fuckheads would actually come up with a better plan to fix everything I wouldn't care nearly so much, but when the guy in charge is literally negotiating a deal to relax regulations on his former bosses, I don't think they have our best interests at heart.

Oh you mean like that time Verizon, who the FCC head used to lobby for, was throttling Netflix and Youtube speeds to save a quick buck?

>how will these companies continue to operate with a pissed off consumer base?
What alternative does anyone have?

Killing net neutrality is great this forces mesh net development. All you fags crying are worthless useless plebs with no vision of a decentralized therefore nationalist future.

B-but nothing was censored before! Thats because Verizon wasnt able to openly be asses about doing it.
The FCC had a rule that got challenged in court by Verizon in 2010 that PREVENTED ISPs from THROTTLEING OR BLOCKING WEBSITES.
Verizon won the case, only on the margins that telecommunications services needed to be reclassified as a utility (Title II) in order for a rule like that to be upheld.
This led to the massive NN debate that got us the rules in 2015.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
Also:
Comcast Corp. v. FCC 2007
In 2007, Free Prenss, Public Knowledge, and the FCC filed a complaint against Comcast's Internet service. Several subscribers complained/(and)The Commission believed that Comcast had "significantly impeded consumers' ability to access the content and use the applications of their choice"--Comcast complied with this Order but petitioned for a review and PRESENTED SEVERAL OBJECTIONS-in 2008, Comcast amended their Acceptable Usage Policy and announced a new bandwidth-throttling plan.
ISPs have slowly over the years been eating away at laws that protect against throttling and them not being able to control what content you see.
You fools need to realize corporations only care about their own interest
In surveys by the American Customer Satisfaction Index, XFINITY has had the lowest customer satisfaction ranking of any company or government in the U.S. for year-XFINITY’s online forums are full of pages of customers complaining of throttling, especially on upstream speeds.
Time Warner Cable has come under fire for throttling YouTube videos, an issue they defended by explaining video buffering is “the way the Internet works.
Cox has a history of throttling their Internet during congested periods. In the past, they have also set usage limits on broadband accounts, granting more usage to customers who pay for upgraded service.
cabletv.com/blog/your-objective-guide-to-internet-throttling/

>The FCC's plan to remove net neutrality will ruin this site.

Proof you don't understand the core complaint of ISPs when it comes to Net Neutrality. They don't want to block Sup Forums, or turn the internet into a bunch of add-ons where you have to pay to visit specific websites. No one wants to do that. That's a scare tactic media companies have generated.

What ISPs want is the power to force jewtube, faceberg, Netflix and other bandwidth hogging services into sharing the infrastructure bill, since they're responsible for using so much of the infrastructure. All of these companies want to dump the expense of providing their services onto ISPs, which in turn makes your cable bill go up even if you don't use these services.

Now fuck off back to plebbit with the other hand-wringing faggots circle-jerking over muh neutrality and the evil poo chairman.

t.copy pasta from another NN slide thread

exactly, so the solution seems to be to ease regulations making it easier for new ISPs to start up and provide competition, and i'm not sure if NN creates competition

how much you need to open a basic web page, your talking about all that sophisticated video stuff. right?

>plebbit supports it
Dead giveaway that it's a bad idea

Then propose a better service, since one of the key reasons for net neutrality was to ensure they aren't possible.

Oh wait, net neutrality didn't stop it at all? It's almost as if it's a totally useless buzzword.

>They don't want to block Sup Forums,

pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup Forums_Stirs_Internet_Hornets_Nest.html

I never noticed, and that's my point. My other point is that if Obama and Soros support it, I don't, in any situation, ever. The left seems petrified by a repeal so it must be a good thing. The end.

Dear newfags, see this OP here? See the babble? See the lack of properly archived sources? See the plebbit break? See the presumption to command, the impatience for a (You)? See where I'm going with this?

>just create new physical infrastructure to carry your new service throughout the fucking country, not that hard

You shill kikes should be gassed.

Where's the argument Reddit?

>Proof you don't understand the core complaint of ISPs when it comes to Net Neutrality. They don't want to block Sup Forums, or turn the internet into a bunch of add-ons where you have to pay to visit specific websites. No one wants to do that. That's a scare tactic media companies have generated.

They have literally blocked Sup Forums and attempted to create pay-to-visit features

unvis.it/gizmodo.com/5466492/verizon-has-blocked-access-to-Sup Forums-but-what-are-they-gonna-do-about-it

You read your own fucking article you dumb leaf. It was a 12 hour block due to DDOS traffic.

why are all of these kekistani faggots so OVERLY fucking GAY?
Jesus Fucking Christ, quit being such faggoty ass cock suckers.

What would be required to start an ISP company?

You can't just piggy back on other people's infrastructure can you?

thats what they all probably do. there not laying any new lines.

No that's why there are these local monopolies

Yes you can. I worked at a smaller independent isp in CT called netplex.

Do you actually think that it's possible to start a new ISP to rival the establishment (who are fucking jews) while piggy backing on their architecture? If not, do you understand how much money you'd have to have to create new architecture?

>They don't want to block Sup Forums, or turn the internet into a bunch of add-ons where you have to pay to visit specific websites. No one wants to do that. That's a scare tactic media companies have generated.

>MADISON RIVER: In 2005, North Carolina ISP Madison River Communications blocked the voice-over-internet protocol (VOIP) service Vonage. Vonage filed a complaint with the FCC after receiving a slew of customer complaints. The FCC stepped in to sanction Madison River and prevent further blocking, but it lacks the authority to stop this kind of abuse today.

>COMCAST: In 2005, the nation’s largest ISP, Comcast, began secretly blocking peer-to-peer technologies that its customers were using over its network. Users of services like BitTorrent and Gnutella were unable to connect to these services. 2007 investigations from the Associated Press, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others confirmed that Comcast was indeed blocking or slowing file-sharing applications without disclosing this fact to its customers.

>AT&T: From 2007–2009, AT&T forced Apple to block Skype and other competing VOIP phone services on the iPhone. The wireless provider wanted to prevent iPhone users from using any application that would allow them to make calls on such “over-the-top” voice services. The Google Voice app received similar treatment from carriers like AT&T when it came on the scene in 2009.

>AT&T, SPRINT and VERIZON: From 2011–2013, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon blocked Google Wallet, a mobile-payment system that competed with a similar service called Isis, which all three companies had a stake in developing.

Yeah ISPs are totally trustworthy and don't have a history of fucking over the consumer for money and self-interest

what in the hell happened to Sup Forums? this is not what i remebered from this board

If something happens to the lines, who has to fix them?

We owned no infrastructure. Contracted with others in the state. Our servers were colocated in Hartford, we partnered with 5 of the backbone providers at the time.

fuck off and kys soros shill

Corporate shills and the newfags who believe them because "Hurr libruls and Reddit are supporting it, it must be bad"

Net neutrality isn't stopping that from happening with conservatives now. Nice try, schlomo. I supported net neutrality until you fuckers started shilling for google. Fuck it. I don't need the internet anyhow.

the lines are 6ft deep in hardened concrete n steel. just kiddin. kek

Owners do.

There are still small independent ISPs around the country.
ntplx.net/

I know this is a larp but please kys

They're literally backing a fucking Pajit to give the Jews MORE control.

I do wish the internet was slower. The world was much more magical back when it was.

>They have literally blocked Sup Forums and attempted to create pay-to-visit features

Is it blocked now? You're literally pointing to an outage from 7 years ago. And no proof of pay-to-visit, for any site.

ISPs have been going to service providers to get them to pay, or at worse, throttle connections to certain sites like Netflix or Jewtube which refuses to invest in infrastructure to help provide their content to customers. They want to dump all that onto ISPs, then get their customers to yell at ISPs for not spending more of their money to accomodate Netflix and Jewtube.

They *HAVE NOT* been blocking access to users or creating a paywall. That's bullshit. They won't do that because ISPs don't want to piss off customers.

This is no different than a hospital charging insurance companies $500k for a hospital visit, and then when the insurance company calls bullshit, they get their patients to complain to insurance companies. They aren't the problem in this case. The problem is the service provider dumping their costs on the intermediary (ISPs), and tricking dumb consumers into advocating for them because ISPs, like insurance companies, are already hated by the public for fucking them in other ways. But in this case, ISPs aren't trying to fuck us, service providers are trying to fuck ISPs, which will trickle down to fucking us.

I loved listening to my U.S. Robotics modem dialing in to the ISP. Listening to the beautiful sound of the handshake. You could tell what kind of connection you were going to have by just listening to it. Life was simpler then.

The stupid fucking NN regulations have only been in existence for a little over two years. I don't remember anything in particular about my internet being tiered in 2015, despite the fact that I had heard that it would become so for TEN FUCKING YEARS BEFORE THAT.

All the regs did was give ISPs more ability to bilk taxpayers out of cash for their pet projects, and the morons who are defending this are unwittingly defending the ability of ISPs to fuck them over even more.

You all fucking fail so hard I don't know what else to say. This was Obama shit, fuckwads. Did you not yet wake up from your fucking trance? EVERYTHING HE DID WAS SHIT.

Go here to call congress and let your voice be heard.

battleforthenet.com/

Fucknof sperg lord

who will then pass the cost on to us, you corporate cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw

I work for an ISP and get it for free. Going to be hilarious seeing the butthurt in the next few weeks.

Suck a fat dick I ain’t doing shit and don’t care about you

I'm sorry but I'm still having a really hard time feeling sympathy for the likes of Comcast and AT&T.

Meanwhile here I am in the armpit of the tech world in the USA. Fucking Savannah, GA waiting on a fucking fiber connection that may get here in 2027

Fuck the kikes. Let NN expire!

The fiber will be LONG cut before 2027

all this shit is fucking confusing yo

is NN good or bad?

You're giving the reigns to the kikes, how do you not understand this?

fuck you bitch we want the internet to die

>assuming we waste money on Netflix garbage
>Youtube is free a loss leader that nobody will ever pay for
Oh man, FUCK what will we do now that Netflix can't soak up 1/4 of the world's bandwidth and put the strain of their platform on the world's infrastructure.

>Yeah ISPs are totally trustworthy and don't have a history of fucking over the consumer for money and self-interest

The only problem with ISPs is that they're granted local monopolies or natural monopolies, so there's a lack of competition. That's not the issue here, and NN won't solve it. It doesn't even look to solve that.

The issue in this case is Google, Netflix and other enormous media companies trying to offload the costs of providing their services (bandwidth) onto ISPs to shoulder. ISPs have been trying to get these companies to partner with them to invest in things like peering servers to ensure their streaming content works well, but these companies don't want to pay.

What if a local factory was using all of a town's water. Who should pay to increase the water supply? Should the taxpayers pay to upgrade infrastructure to supply the factory? Or should the factory pay to upgrade the infrastructure? In your mind, the factory is the victim. They're unable to provide their products to consumers because the town won't upgrade the water infrastructure to accommodate them. The town won't implement "neutral" policies and treat every water consumer the exact same. So what if the factory consumers the amount of 1000 homes? They should be treated equally with you, who waters their lawn and flushes a toilet. Your attitude is "well the city government is fucked up" so you automatically side with the factory, who is trying to use your anger against the city, to help fuck over the city. But guess who will pay? You will. All you neturality faggots are urging the FCC to subsidize media company expenses by making sure ISPs can't target specific companies who consume the most bandwidth. So ISPs will upgrade, on your dime, not these companies. The money has to come from somewhere and it will come from you, you fucking idiots.

But hey...
>we did it reddit!

Open Source Society = Free and open society

Money does not belong in a free and open society. Imagination and the will to act freely are the two things our creator has gifted us with. Our imagination is redeemable and the way to heat and cool our homes (not cities) is found here
earthship.org

FUCKING PSYOP FAGGOT LEDDIT GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

This isn't a right/left political issue.
This is an Authoritarian/Libertarian issue.

>I call upon you of the proud nation of Kekistan
Not sure if trolling...
But this still is an ass move. Trump has pulled back in the past. We should make clear we don't support this.

they don't get it. these sheep just don't get it. For once get out of your LEFT RIGHT mentality and see reality right before your fucking eyes.

>If getting rid of oxygen could be used to kill us or conservatives, the libs would be out campaigning for it.
This is your average trumptard poster.
Please Good Korea nuke them.

Because neoliberalism has worked so great.
>Jobs to China
>Free frontiers
>Squeezing the white middle and working class
Dear god stop being retarded.