How would you compare him to the other Dragon Ball villains?

How would you compare him to the other Dragon Ball villains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4lIX8ciumXw
youtu.be/8sDmj0tQtag
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good concept but it was spoiled by having the anime turn him into a Sunday morning cartoon villain that can't handle a little teargas.

cute

Cell > Frieza > Zamasu > Buu

dead franchise.

saged.

not intimidating/10

a grand supreme kai was just something that buu ate one day

frieza is best to me, all the important things happened in that arc

He was the brightest of them, became the strongest of them by himself and the only way the MCs could beat him was by a Deus Ex Machina button.

He's the best.

Him and Frieza are the best.

>by himself
More like by over the top superspacedragon that can grant any wish you want.

Garlic Jr. tier

Frieza
Vegeta
Cell
Kid Buu
Super Buu
Zamasu

I really liked him. You got to see his motivations for becoming the antagonist and he is almost unstoppable. If only Goku didn't have the magic button that summons the one guy who was established in the previous arc to be the highest god, who is impossible to beat

youtu.be/4lIX8ciumXw

He is fuckable compared to the other villains.

>By himself
Albeit in a multidimensional level, he learnt about the wish-granting plot device and did what Frieza and the Saiyans and Pilaf Jr. didn't, he got his wishes granted.

He did it by himself, by using the tools he had at hand.

>he wouldn't fuck Freeza
Fucking pleb

I didn't think he was all that good all things considered.

Him and his forms are some of the few decent designs in Super. Great smug too, but absolutely fucking terrible writing, fights and just about everything else.

Super 17-tier of villain and arc in the end.

Neither Vegeta nor Frieza didn't have access to a magic exposition man he could bully into getting all the information he needed.

shit fanfic tier
just like the rest of DB Super

Zamasu won, the others didn't.

i thought it was stupid how they beat him, by basically just wishing the entire universe gone.

I'd go

Freiza > Vegita > Cell > Androids > Buu

This, to be honest.

Zamazu / Black are kind of comically similar to Xicor / West Kaioshin from DBAF.

Well, that's exactly why they failed. They weren't resourceful enough to remove what kept them apart from what they needed. Zamasu was. That's what made him uber-God and not one of the Goku's punch toys.

Frieza > Kid Buu > Zamasu > Cell

>They weren't resourceful enough to remove what kept them apart from what they needed. Zamasu was.

No, they just didn't have access to a magic exposition man. The only way for fridge or veggie to gather intelligence was by strong-arming the natives, which would naturally be quite reticient to give up that information, not to mention unlike the normal dragon balls, the Super ones are just floating in space unattended and unprotected for anyone to access.

Also worth noting that being a Kaioshin means you have free teleports to literally anywhere in the multiverse, and apparently anywhen. Kai Kai.

Taking all this into consideration, I think Zamasu, despite his partial success, may well be the most comically incompetent dragon ball villain ever. With all the shit at his disposal the only reasons he lost is he continually did very stupid things, and so did the writing to allow the heroes survival at times.

As villains:

1. Zamasu
2. Black
3. Frieza
4. Cell
5. Dabura
6. Raditz
7. Vegeta
8. Nappa
9. Super Buu
10. Beerus
11. Future Android Twins
12. King Cold
13. Zarbon
14. Captain Ginyu
15. Ginyu Force
16. Evil Buu
17. Majin Buu
18. #19 and Gero
19. Babidi
20. Saibaimans
21. Pilaf Gang
22. Garlic Jr.
23. Copy Vegeta

Zamasu literally needed Toribot to remove him from existence. Otherwise he might as well have won.

The only stupid thing he did was to get all sadistic and wanting to kill the last humans in person. But that's the thing with emotional beings, there's no way to get cleansed of irrationality because to want anything other than survival and gene spread is to open yourself to unreason. As the frankfurtians noticed in their Critic Theory, it doesn't matter how rational a system is, if it's thought by a mind capable of emotion, it won't be able to correct its inherent contradictions unless resistance makes it to. And the only beings strong enough to resist Zamasu just made him less rational, not the other way around, because they didn't have the strenght to make him listen and ponder.

At the Mirai timeline, we can all agree that Gods are dead.
Zamasu had to be deleted and Zeno, rescued.

Zamasu lost, because he wasn't able survive his own sentence, but he also won, as, accordingly to his judgement, at his own universe, ningens are no more. He sacrificed himself to the greater good.

Zamasu is infinitely superior to other villains except Cell who is slightly below him.

Except Goku stated in his sparring match with him that the Kais of his universe can't compare to him. Buu would be fodder to him.

Yes, because the tools and resources at his disposal were so ridiculous it was impossible for him to lose without savage amounts of plot armor and plot-induced stupidity.

His being emotional does not make him less of an idiot. Pretty much everything he did after getting his wishes was just hold the heroes' hands until they won.

Also, he was only successful in one timeline in one universe, as far as we know not even in his own.

The Kais of goku's universe are shitters without even proper names. That's not a great metric to judge.

Zamasu's actual powerlevel was as fluid as trunks' in full marysue mode, never mind Black's magic zenkai that activated whenever he was attacked.

Zamasu killed all the Gods in the multiverse, right? That's pretty grand in scale.

If they would hire a competent writer it would be revived and get rid of toei

Really? I thought he had killed every being in every universe but at the U7's Earth!

Present Zamasu sparred with SSJ2 Goku whereas Future Zamasu could fight with SSJB competitively. Which makes sense since as Goku pointed out he had a lot of room for growth.

They weren't very clear. Maybe he did. Either way, still only one timeline, not even his own half's. Hell, carrying out his own plan created an alternate timeline full of ningens anyway.

Non meme answer: Overall I think he was one of the better villains.

Definitely better than Buu. Better than Frieza or Cell? No. Those sagas had alot of world building and character development going on. Zamasu arc was just hitting the continue button after failing time and time again until Zeno hacked the game. It was the first villain we kinda see turn bad as opposed to just showing up inherently evil right off the bat, and from Zamasus point of view hes not the evil one

Not sure if it's the subtitles fault but he babbled on way too much about the whole injustice shit. I hope the dub translates it better.

Like I said, as fluid as trunks, who at one moment was getting shrekt by SS3, at another was putting up a fight against Rose who could wreck Blue.

Which kind of writer? Toei's got some of their storyboards from Tori himself and Toyotaro, so, there's that. If you mean the ones who write the dialogue and write the filler scenes, than I agree.

This arc could be the better of all DB's history if it weren't for the fact they made it convoluted, dragged at the wrong parts (wtf with the back and forth time machine travels when they could tell the story of Mirai Trunks vs. Dabura and Babidi?!) and compressed its best moments in two episodes.

Toei shits money and invests too little for it to be as wonderful as it could - or even for it to be great.

What we got was a good arc. I loved it in spite of its failings and I rate it at least as good as Cell's Saga, but I can see why not all of us fans loved it.

If I leave the other issues of this arc out he's by far the best villain in the series.

Except Zamasu's makes sense given he was a fighting genius. It wouldn't be strange for him to improve that much after being recruited by Black specially when several yearas passed. It makes way more sense than Frieza.

Toninjinka >>>>>>>>>>>>> Zamasu > Frieza > Buu > Cell
youtu.be/8sDmj0tQtag

It would make sense if he stayed good. He randomly went from fighting at blue's level, to getting beat up by trunks, then back up again.

But to be fair that entire fight had a completely, irreparably fucked sense of scale.

Sounds like the tfs dub.

So. He hads lots of tools and accomplished everything he wanted (except surviving, but a case can made as to his martyrdom as it was pointed before) in at least one timeline.

Weren't it for Zeno's interference, he would have taken other timelines as well, so, you gotta respect the guy for his prowess.

Frieza was nothing but a space pirate - and, even if he got immortal, he'd be sucker punched sometime and be nothing but an immortal prisoner to a stronger being (like Dabura or the Kais, for example - Shin was said to be able to destroy Frieza with one punch). Or, you know, he'd be just hakai'd by Beerus when he woke up.

If Cell got what he wanted, he'd have Earth destroyed and so what? He'd keep looking for stronger opponents at his universe only to discover he killed the strongest ones (as shown by them being the Beeru's chosen at the tournament) until the God of Destruction or a Shin hakai'd him. His drive for perfection was boring after he finally got it and his personality became as inane as (Evil/Super) Buu's.

Buu's a boring piece of shit - and even if he accomplished what he wanted, destroyed everything and be the same as a Zamasu to an universe, he'd never bee as cool as the Supreme God.

Drugs and sex (mostly) asides, TFS's dubs reminds me a lot of how DB used to be.

None of those villains, much less the Superme Kai, were even aware of Beerus' existence. But yeah all they wanted to do was destroy shit which is boring af, cept for Frieza I guess to an extent

Cell would have eventually faced Dabura or Shin, and by that point he was already stronger than either of them.

Reminder that Vegeta was the only reason Gohan won the Kamehameha struggle

Trunks was God level after sparring with Vegeta. It's obvious.

>Frieza and the Kais not aware of Beerus

Wut?

Frieza wanted to rule. Cell wanted to be perfect - and it's nice to think he'd get depressed after destroying Earth and reform. Zamasu wanted to clean existance of sinners. Buu was the only one who was only about destroying shit up.

-Motivation made no fucking sense
-Became an emotional bitch once he fused with Goku Black
-The most incompetent villain in the franchise

When you realize that he had everything in play you begin to think less of him as a threat when you realize how retarded he was. His "win" isn't even legit and if the manga is anything to go by it won't even matter.

Did you read the thread faggot? The heroes didn't even beat him

LITERALLY WHAT WAS EVEN HIS PLAN

TO KILL EVERYONE AND THEN LIVE IN AN EMPTY UNIVERSE FOREVER?

Kill all the mortals and live in a world with only plants and animals.

Kill all ningens, which refers to every sapient humanoid lifeform.

When will Super introduce a villain that isn't just a recolor of an existing character?

That sort of made sense back when he was all about the superiority of the gods, but then he killed all the gods too!

What would be the point? And would not new sapient organisms constantly evolve throughout the universe?

Hit was pretty cool, though more of a rival than a villain

>but then he killed all the gods too!
Because the gods were getting in his way.

Only the hakaishins could have stopped him, so why kill all the gods and not just the kaioshins?

Frieza > Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) = Cell > Buu = Zamasu > Every single DB villain > Golden Frieza = Beerus > Every other DBZ villain > Absolute Trash > Every GT villain

Counting GT because it exists.

And come to think of it, why didn't the gods of destruction start guarding their supreme kais when a bunch of supreme kais started getting killed?

Should have revived and body swapped with Perfect/10

I highly doubt that counts as himself. He had resources no one else had.

I never understood why or how Zamasu became Giygas. Nothing like this happened before.

Future Zamasu was getting his ass kicked left and right. His Immortality was the only thing keeping him in the game.

How did Zamasu gather the super dragon balls? Even if he knew where they were, how did he move them?

He wished himself immortal but Trunks destroyed his body. I guess that smoke shit was his spirit, still imbued with the power of his fused self.

Do you think both Trunks and both Mais get together for a big four way gangbang in futureland?

I thought he was only half immortal.

>The heroes didn't even beat him
Trunks beat him. Zeno wiped him from existence. If the manga follows the same bullshit from the anime it won't even matter since Trunks and Mai are the only characters still alive from that timneline.

That's why trunks was even able to destroy his body

Sure, why not?

Trunks destroyed his body and Zeno took care of the rest

Weird to think that not only are their 2 of each, but one trunks is incomprehensibly more powerful than the other

He, along with the arc itself, was good until around the halfway point where everything turned to shit.

If OG Future Trunks/Mai got with Neo Future Trunks/Mai would that classify as NTR or not?

Second to Frieza only.

this is worse than Jr. Garlic saga.

Good villain. Just good.

Not great...although his concept was great, just not executed as I wished they did.

In terms of ranking:
- Freeza
- Piccolo
- Vegeta
- Beerus
- Zamasu
- Cell
- Buu

If you count Future Zamasu and Alt Zamasu (Black) separately, I'd rank Black higher than Future Zamasu but lower than Beerus.

SMUG
M
U
G

Thanks user, that's another one I'll add to the collection.
smug DB faces are elder god tier

Why does everyone hate buu

Now they can both train together and become ridiculously strong.

Indeed I can't compare actual interesting villains like Frieza with a character that comes from a shit series like Super.

Everything bad about Cell multiplied by 10.
To be fair, I don't hate him and I think he has some good qualities of his own, but I can understand why people dislike him.

This arc became shit the moment Toriyama and Toei killed best mom in favor of shitty rehash character from DB.

Cell killed Goku, so he also won

>1. Zamasu
>2. Black
>3. Frieza
>7. Vegeta
Please, kill yourself. You are beyond salvation.

zero times ten is still zero

Maybe that was gero's plan from the start

Better.

>cell
>above anything

Bringing an old character back isn't rehashing, retard.

Why would I do it? Just cause I'm not a Jobberfag?

If anything, I'm a godfag, bitch!