/nng/ Net Neutrality General - First Edition

THE FINAL STEPS ARE HERE
battleforthenet.com

>What the fuck is a Net Neutrality?
youtube.com/watch?v=W3Qzjt67lDM

>G-Get out of here Plebbit!
This isn't just for Reddit, it's for all of us. Without Net Neutrality, our ISP's can be able to pay for what websites we visit or slow them down. This means no more Sup Forums if we payed for an ISP such as Comcast or Warner Cable. The law for Net Neutrality has been kept here for years now, and we shouldn't just stop now, or else we can't do what we normally do fast enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

freepress.net/sites/default/files/resources/internet-access-and-online-video-markets-are-thriving-in-title-II-era.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go hail your snoo jew you fucking retard

Anyone who doesn't support Net Neutrality is a dumb nigger. Without it, Sup Forums and all the other places we cherish will ultimately cease to exist.

We will have plenty of time to vilify each other once our common enemy is defeated.

put me in the screencap

Net neutrality is the government regulation of the internet. It is backed by Soros, Clinton, Shareblue, Progressives, etc.

They'll try to tell you that without it, ISPs could cut off conservatives, Sup Forums, etc. It's a lie.

If that was true, they'd be all for getting rid of it. The left would burn half the country to kill free speech.

They are TERRIFIED by this.

Good.

>Net neutrality is the government regulation of the internet. It is backed by Soros, Clinton, Shareblue, Progressives, etc.
Why does this matter? Why can you never think for yourself you dumb cunt?

>If that was true, they'd be all for getting rid of it. The left would burn half the country to kill free speech.

Maybe it's because ISPs would also target leftist websites you dumb cunt.

>Thinking that ISPs will shoot themselves in the foot by making a blatant power grab.
>Thinking there won't be a massive loss of customers by making popular services premium accessible only.
>but muh youtube and normiebook and 4chinz
aren't going to become premium services, youtube might get a premium version through your ISP for 1020p or higher videos. Reddit with it's millions of users and Sup Forums with its hourly 250k users aren't going to be magically shut down because of some special thought police regime.

Fuck off rabbi

>This jewgle astroturf again

Kill yourself corporate cocksucker

> "youtube might get a premium version through your ISP for 1020p or higher videos."
> Being okay with this

Is this the absolute state of Sup Forums? Being okay with mega-corps who'd charge money for something that used to be free?

What a fucking KEK.

Sage
Fuck you and your (((big government))) bullshit

Think about the fucking context of this image. It's very apt.

You commies sure do love your free shit.

Net Neutrality has all the wrong allies.
Since as a rule, leftists lie...

>communist flag is the first response
get fucked plebbit. i hope you're part of the premium package.

Serious question: What do you, as individuals, have to gain from repealing Net Neutrality legislation?

Gentlemen, it is a dark day in Kekistan...
WE MUST NOTIFY GLORIOUS LEADER TYRONE AT ONCE!

MODS DELETE THIS SHILL THREAD RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I HAVENT SEEN THIS MUCH SHILLING SINCE THE ELECTION

i dunno nothin except that reddit bad so this good

Here is the definitive redpill on Net Neurtality.

Did Sup Forums shut down for you before 2015? No? Then recognise these "net neutrality" regulations have nothing to do with the common definition of net neutrality. They are burdensome regulations imposed IN 2015 which prevent small & rural ISP's from servicing their own business costs. In other words, they fuck over investment into these companies, which slows the opening up of the internet to isolated areas. So if you don't live in a (((city))) and you're internet is slow, don't expect it to speed up any time soon. Thanks Onigger!

The reason nothing was different before 2015 is because these large cable companies are, and always have been, committed to net neutrality. While Soros and his big (((government))) allies will undoubtedly tell not not to trust Verizon and AT&T, the actual historical evidence suggests otherwise. So unless you a complete newfag, r/t_d refugee, you have nothing to worry about.

I counted 18 net neutrality threads

>Everyone posting in this thread supporting net neutrality is using a commie or UN flag

The Slav speaks the truth!
We canot destroy the plebs and normies if we’re a dead nation!

> People who aren't retards don't support retarded causes

Boy, really activated my almonds.

>Lapishit poster
c'mon man

i cant wait for some muslim fuck to take a bat to you
it amazes me liberals fall for this fucking garbage

STOP NET NEUTRALITY

I'll ask again: What do you, as the individual, have to gain from repealing Net Neutrality legislation?

lmao @ MAGAmen shills trying to convince everyone that ISPs have our best interests in mind. We should be cracking the FUCK down on ISP monopolies, not letting them run train on our internet traffic.

>ohhhh, repealing NN will let other ISPs finally compete!

Oh yeah motherfucker, NN is in place now and the ISPs are still killing off small ISPs. They already set up anti competes with each other so they carve up their own turf and consumers are absolutely FUCKED in finding alternatives.

>aww jeez NN kills free speech (somehow??????)

Consider that any of those websites that were shut down were for human garbage anyways. If you let the ISPs do what they want, it won't just be shithole extremist websites. Do you think Sup Forums would survive if some baby boomer executive cunt turns on the news and sees it in the news yet again and decides to pull the plug on it?

>oh gee the soros bucks are on display

Maybe you're just wrong and a moron

>shilling this hard
TOP LEL no one care PLEB get fucked only normie vermin use social media and those gay sites sage and reported for spam

this goes to show that persistence is all it takes to get whatever they want, just keep pushing for this shit until you get it your way.

What about when Netflix was throttled and they were told to pay extra to have their content allowed? What about how Comcast and AT&T are currently suing away competition?

>le investment in broadband is down meme
It's up 5% the 2 years following NN regulations being put in place compared to the 2 years prior. Source - freepress.net/sites/default/files/resources/internet-access-and-online-video-markets-are-thriving-in-title-II-era.pdf

The changes that NN was in response to were currently being put in place when NN was enforced. The only way to not have the regulation, and ensure NN is secured, is for the ISP market to open up, and for the current big players to stop buying out or suing away their competition (Google Fiber, local municipalities)

*whose

If you're gonna edit shit, at least edit it elegantly.

Not baiting, but honestly, why is treating all data equally a bad thing?

I want to stop Netflix from using 40% of all bandwidth to stream leftist propaganda for free.

Our reward is that justice has been done.

Jesus Christ, I'm an AnCap and even I don't think getting rid of net neutrality is a good idea.

Paid, not payed. Learn how to spell.

In the 1920s, when the telephone was first invented, there was a need a national telephone infrastructure. A corportation called AT&T had market share of over 50%. The govt at the time, thru back room deals, wrote regulation designed to give AT&T a monopoly in exchange for AT&T building a national telephone infrastructure. For the next 60 years AT&T was a monopoly on phone service in the USA. Some of the older anons will remember the Anti-Trust litigation agaisnt AT&T in the 80s.

We are at a similar point with internet infrastructure. We need a national high-speed network, but the cost of building such a thing with no gaurantee on a return of your investment means neighboorhoods like mine have really shitty internet. AT&T owns Uverse. AT&T recently bought DirecTV which owns HughsNet, the nations largest satellite internet provider. AT&T is in the process of buying TimeWarnerCable, which owns CNN along with a booming ISP division. When the aquisition goes through, AT&T will again have more than 50% market share. The point of the NN regulations is to give AT&T another govt sponsored monopoly in exchange for building a national internet infrastructure.

History is repeating itself and the millenials are too stupid to see it coming.

fpbp

Shills are really out on full force today.

Looking for proof that they're using the Internet for propaganda? Here you go.
They're so terrified of Sup Forums that they decided to infiltrate it.

Fuck that noise. Protect net neutrality.

> I'm gonna punch myself in the balls and eat my own shit! That'll trigger the libs!

So you stand to lose a good deal and gain nothing, yet you do it anyway because it might somehow make society better.

You literally have the mindset of a liberal.

Net neutrality is also supported by anti government, anti Clinton freedom fighters like Assange (to whom Trump owes the election to).
You bet libs are going to use this to censor alt right media "hate speech," even though they are "against" repealing NN
Look, they were able to shut down the daily stormer even with NN, just imagine the damage they can do without NN.
I trust Julian Assange more than corporate shill Republicans.

hang yourself kike

I fail to see how I currently have a "good deal".

What do you think you stand to gain from getting rid of net neutrality?

Assange advised caution. That's fair. This is still happening though and all the commie tantrums in the world aren't going to stop it.

>believing that Netflix has noteworthy content still

Verizon Vs FCC
Outlines current "Net Neutrality" is NOT Net Neutrality, but Obama's power grab to control the internet and influence. Stupid liberal faggots don't even bother to fucking research anything but see some garbage infograph and shit their faggot selves then parrot a lie like the cuck jew puppet they are

What does TDS have to do with NN? Their host pulled their service.

The real problem here:
>How do we get through to the willfully ignorant groups that still think net neutrality was Obama's attempt to own the internet (or some obviously far off BS)

if competition is kept healthy the price for using the internet will drop drastically

The fuck? How did this all spring up over the course of like a couple hours?

why are the majority of these propaganda bullshit videos narrated by some young sounding high school kid who just hit puberty. majority of that video is pure bullshit

Post a link to the regulations so I can read them like you did please.

When did you learn Yiddish?

they activated the botnets

True af, ISPs could be critizised for allowing visits to websites like stormfront, and in turn blacklist those websites from access

Almost like people actually care about something

>non-american saying this shit
fuck yourself you piece of shit liberal faggot

Think for yourself you fucking moron.

>What the fuck is a Net Neutrality?
FREEDOM

U frigin stupid kids

>commie tantrums

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

How much do you get paid to say dumb polarizing shit like this all day?

Corporations that work to undermine me won't be subsidized by ISPs to do it anymore.

Okay, sure, but it's damn near impossible to rack up 30k+ upvotes in like two goddamn hours. Clearly Reddit is gaming their own website, even if it is for a good reason (this time around).

clearly you dont know what freedom is

bots. it's soros

Go back to Yad Vashem kike

fuck yourself you throwback child beating jesus loving everyone else hating anarchist cognitive dissonance masturbating to the point of phimosis fat fucking neckbeard.

Reddit is way more popular than Sup Forums and Reddit users are autistically obsessed with this issue. It's possible that this could be fake, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were real.

Russian bots, clearly.

how is that anything but another way for them to control you?

t. leddit
lmao at worthless fucking parrots who dont even fucking read anything they champion
literally reading verizon vs fcc destroys this retarded shit butthurt about NN being removed

Reddit fucked with their algorithm around the time that The_Donald got popular as fuck, and suddenly you would see regularly posts with over 10k upvotes whereas before it was damn near unheard of to see anything about 7k or 8k. It doesn't really have anything to do with the popularity of Reddit over Sup Forums, everyone knows Reddit has a WAY larger userbase.

But it's still fucking impossible to get these upvote counts in such a short period of time without some serious fuckery of the system going on.

because the FCC controls the internet at the moment and their purpose is to regulate what is broadcasted to the public

with this legislation gone, the FTC will take over which regulates the companies broadcasting things to the public. once the FTC comes in, astroturfing is fucked.

Never said I was for NN. FYI I don't care because it isn't going to matter in 5 years.

I just can't stand shitbirds like you with the education of a fucking tree frog spouting off uneducated vitriol and polarizing speech for a JOB.

>leddit spacing
>im not for NN but
lmao
KYS shill

>6 posts by this ID

You sure are invested in turning public opinion against net neutrality. Almost like it's an occupation for you.

Not a shill. I work for a company that makes up and coming networking technologies - the big telcos will be all but gone in 15 years. They'll start feeling the pain in the next few years. Their demise will be apparent in 5. We're kicking the internet up a notch and many other companies are doing the same. No gov't can stop this and no telco can get in the way. The bandwidth needed is already in the public domain. The telcos will be begging gov't to buy back fiber lines in 10 years. Just watch.

ONLY GOVERNMENT SHILLS ARE PUSHING NET NEUTRALITY BECAUSE IT ALLOWS GOVERNMENT TO REGULATE THE INTERNET

What cancerous filth the OP is.

holy shit is this board full of deadbrain niggers corporate shills. The only """"legitimate"""" counterargument I've seen against NN is "netflix is shit lol, they should get fucked" and because le reddit is for it. Being a comcast whore must be great because you're just giving them more power and deeper pockets.

hi /r/all

This looks like an intentionally bad Hilldawg-style false-flag cartoon.

But it communicates the reality perfectly so I endorse it. And you're a stupid fuck if you don't agree with it at least partially.

If NN being repealed is such a bad thing then we should be for it since Kek is such a fan of chaos and nothing would cause more chaos then taking down the 'net and the chans causing all this autism to surge even moreso into the real world.

The chans are just one big albeit failing containment system for the weaponized autism

no idiot, we lose net neturality. we lose the places we go meet

>Sup Forums finally gets Trumpgret

Learn something from this experience, capitalist tools.

>leddit spacing
>again
its schlomo shillenstein working hard for netflix i see

IF YOU DON'T GIVE THE GOVERNMENT TOTAL CONTROL OF THE INTERNET ISPS WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY!

Holy shit is it really that bad?
This has to be astroturfing right?

The funny thing is that these people are actually supporting fascism-lite, while Sup Forums is (I hope) leaning towards the proper libertarian/ancap insight despite its fascist tendencies.

Typical ancap being a fucking retard as usual

I say we should try to get the FCC chairman to resign. Do whatever it takes to remove him as chairman.

only 2 post by ths ID
shills don't even try

I have traveled from the depths of hades to offer my assistance. If their was ever a time for the internet to unite this would be it. Godspeed fellow internet travelers.

is there a factual, logical refute to the 'what reddit says will happen' argument?

Reddit has reached peak butthurt. I almost want Pai to go through with the repeal and watch the whole site implode.

>Net neutrality is the government regulation of the internet.
Objectively false.

>It is backed by Soros, Clinton, Shareblue, Progressives, etc.
It's also backed by plenty of Republicans and conservatives. It's a non-partisan issue. If you are seriously basing your beliefs on "Liberal boogeymen want it therefore it's bad" instead of objective facts, you are a retard or a shill.

>Did Sup Forums shut down for you before 2015? No?

Yes it did you retard, Sup Forums was throttled multiple times in 2010 by multiple ISPs for bullshit reasons

Newfag GTFO

So if current ISPs become evil and do all the bad things you guys are saying, what happens when a new ISP comes along that is good and fair ?

Can you say the same thing for Jewtube or Jewflix ?

They get bought out