Is there a single genre more dead than Mecha?

Is there a single genre more dead than Mecha?
There hasn't been a great series in 7 years, most big productions these days are treated as jokes/trainwrecks from the get go, and the rampant CGshit even in stuff like UC Gundam just confirms that nobody really gives a fuck anymore.

>this negro has not watched thunderbolt

Young kids arent interested in super robots.
Its all about owning a lot of small creatures and make the fight, or cards.

Good animation and little else.
You could have mentioned Unicorn as well.

Well there's pic related that about to come out

>Cross ange

Actually Kuromukuro was really good. Very unexpected, especially coming from PA Works. Really iffy with the CG until I saw the fluid choreography it allowed.

Other than that, though...really sales genre, you're right. Really easy to see why it happened. As one of the most "traditional" genres, it's most prone to refusal to change and regurgitation of old, tired tropes and half-assed MSG-esque derivative shit.

Slice of life. I dunno what you mean by great, but there are at least some watchable mecha series in that time frame.

SoL is in a decline but there have been plenty good shows these last years, certainly more than mechas, come on.

MAJESTIC PRINCE

Fafner Exodus and Kuromukuro were probably the best mecha to come out in the last few years which had some effort behind them.

Mecha genre is just fine.

What would you consider good? I can think of K-On! and Nichijou, not much from the 00s. My Neighbours the Yamadas is good. I think I probably have higher sol standards and you higher mecha standards.

Your math is off. It's been 9 years since the last great mecha.

Shin Mazinger was in 2009.

You didn't like NNB?

Nah I thought it sucked. I know I'm in the minority though.

I thought the first Build Fighters was great, but it's one of those things you can't really tell someone to just watch immediately.

I loved build figters and I loved eventhough I have minimal gundam experience.
I am gonna rewatch it one day after I watched all the gundam shows before it.

Space operas are dead

>tfw niggas ain't paying no attention

Not when Yamato is a megahit.

What on earth could make you think that show was anything special?

Majestic piss is pretty much as planned as it gets though

For what it's worth though I do like the characters outside of tits-chan

It's called taste.

Too good for /m/. They don't understand.

I thought that was just a manga

I'm more into slice of life moeshit than torunament of the week battle shounen manga.

The Narration.

Do they really have to drag Getter's corpse out of the grave for this shit?

You aren't a young kid, or even japanese.

>good soundtrack
>cool setting
>GOOD MECHA DESIGN
>schweet animation

>Is there a single genre more dead than Mecha?
But mecha isn't dead and remains one of the most profitable genres of anime/manga. Just because YOU personally don't like THINGS, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

Anime and manga started with mecha and they will end with mecha.

>Is there a single genre more dead than Mecha?
No.

translate it weebs

>what is Soukyuu no Fafner Dead Aggressor: Exodus

Robots are old fashioned

Kids dont talk like that, dont they mean "for old farts"?

時代遅れ
Fuck off you dumb motherfucker

Rude weeb

it's more accurate to say that /m/ is dead

>old-fashioned
>behind the times
>out of date
Not even your dictionary agrees with you.

>Not even your dictionary agrees with you.
Old fashioned is the first entry. Fuck off you dumb motherfucker.

But it's not how kids talk. Any of those other definitions would have been just as good, as well as any other synonymous definition that's available in English.
Learn to translate, you dumb weeb.
Also learn to not spoonfeed because you want to show off.

Build Fighters was great you idiot

edgy shit Eva clone

>But it's not how kids talk
They don't say
behind the times
They don't say
out of date
They also don't say
時代遅れ
Because this isn't Japan

You are so mad and jealous about someone translating something for someone that you had to jump in with your absolutely pathetic shitposting about someone not translating something like you wanted it to be translated. You fucking pathetic beta cuck. Stop being so damn petty and get a goddamn life.

One thing's for sure, QP:Flapper kawaii uguu-moeblobs just look weird with hand-drawn mecha stuff.

>and jealous

lol

I'm going to watch V Gundam. Don't try to stop me.

Mecha has kind of migrated to just being the occasional Bandai Visual OVA series revival release and Super Robot Wars. Nobody else can do the genre right worth shit anymore or is even trying. Even Aniplex with all their hype mongering and marketing couldn't get it going with Aldnoah and literally every big name otaku bait in the industry thrown in there. And yeah precisely because the Aniplex and Lantis' that are making these garbage mecha series don't want to take the genre even remotely seriously anymore and just make seemingly bad shows on purpose we are where we are. It's like they're literally trying to sabotage the genre and turn as many people off of it with how it's being approached.

>You are so mad
Holy fuck but clearly not as mad as you.
>jealous
You got me. I really am upset that you have the rare ability to use rikaichan.

>I really am upset that you have the rare ability to use rikaichan

If he can use rikaichan on images, then I want that ability too

I forgot about those but yeah. You really just need to stay away from the Aniplex Hypebeast shit like Aldnoah, Valvrave, GC, Kabaneri (it's sort of mecha in a lot of regards) and you're already on a better track towards finding some half decent stuff. The Lantis yuri shit like Comet Lucifer and Regalia can also eat a dick too.

I can't think of a single hot blooded Super Robot show since Shin Mazinger is part of the problem too. Things like Gundam, Sidonia, Fafner and the like are kind of propping the real robot side of the genre up, but all the high profile ones of late have been the total cluster fucks with obligatory Sawano insert music that all just kind of blend together into a sea of shit and nonsensical plotting/tone.

What does /m/ even talk about?
They just circlejerk the same 5 shows over and over?

Comet Lucifer had nothing yuri-ish in it, Aniplex-fag.

gundam

Leave the mecha genre to me.

Is Drill Jill going legit? If so, this would be pretty cool for him considering he has been drawing getter doujins for quite some time now.

From what I see, they complain about which Gundam series sucks more. And they still argue if tokusatsu is shit or not.

>They just circlejerk the same 5 shows over and over?
That's literally Sup Forums every season with whatever flavor of MAL is airing.

You can't even discuss anything on /m/ without a thread getting inundated with autistic shitposting and boogeymanning.

/m/ is honestly a den of shitposters now, they regurgitate forced memes like spicposting and are currently under gundamragers reign of terro

infinite stratos was the best mecha show in the last decade

prove me wrong

Giant robots make no sense and Japan finally realized it.
Even as a kid I knew they were fucking dumb

>fantasy makes no sense
HOLY SHIT SOMEONE CALL /tg/

>FMP season 4
>Code Geass season 3
>More Thunderbolt
>more the origin
> build fighters season 1 ova
>toeizinger's return

2017 will be the year of robots

Nice strawman.
You know exactly what I meant. Magic is fine if it happens to exists, there is no reason to build a giant humanoid robot, its fucking retarded in all fronts

Sup Forums at least does change what it talks about endlessly each season.
/m/ is forever stuck hating all the Gundams

>the only things in fiction that doesn't make sense is magic or giant robots
You are a retard!

Oh you cant even read, never mind.

>my strawman argument against something I hate got called out for being full of holes so I'll just claim they can't read and run away
Loving
Every
Laugh

Most anime make no sense, that's not a reason to hate something.

Want to know to why its dead? It's all the same SHIT.

Every Mech starts out like some shit you've never seen before and then as more episodes go on it's the same cookie cutter shit where the MC powers up and destroys everyone.

Except most mecha setting actually explain why they have robots but then again you are a realismfag with no sense of imagination or fun, seriously what kind of loser watches anime for realism? Why not watch a a documentary tardy or go watch paint dry?

>All mecha are terrible especially whatever the newest Gundam one is

There you go, that's all you need to understand /m/s entire thought process on the genre. It's like the Sup Forums of mecha where the goal is to convey just how much you hate everything to do with popular video games and their culture. By comparison Sup Forums still has a way to go before it hits that level of full blown contrarianism and no fun allowed but it's getting close.

Also usually it's just been the same franchises for years more than anything, almost all of them Aniplex and Lantis/Bandai hype mongering stuff. Fate, Monogatari and GuP feel like the mainstays right now and then also at the moment Flip Flappers and Code Geass (there must be about 10 of them right now) are filing in the other slots for things like Madoka Magica because of seasonal circlejerk and historic reasons respectively. Despite having something like 100 slots for threads per board this usually doesn't leave much to work with for other stuff considering at least one or two is always taken up by a buyfag thread (also always centered around upcoming Aniplex/Bandai/Lantis stuff from the Daisuki Store) and "seiyuu thread" which again is about circlejerking the most popular Aniplex/Lantis favored seiyuu

>Want to know to why its dead?
It isn't dead.
>It's all the same SHIT.
This is blatantly false.
>!!vKeby4ZIHSI
Oh right.

Well, there was Aldnoah Zero
pffaaahahahahahahahaha

Who is the great Satan boogeyman there. For Sup Forums I know it's reddit and tumblr, for Sup Forums it seems to be literally every video game developer/publisher and news aggregate that apparently are all out to get them and ruin their lives and their shitty board cultures that seem to be based around being paranoid and mad all the time.

A/Z would actually be acceptable if they left it at S1 even though it was obvious he wasn't dead.

>every season almost 25% of anime is mecha related
>volumes of mecha manga printed each month
>random sperg on 4chin: MECHA IS DEEEEAAD

I'd like to think Gundam fans actually aren't as bad as /m/s militant shitposting makes them look. A lot of us are just quite hobbyists that stay out of that shit, watch the shows and build the occasional model we like. I know I do, I mean I've been following mecha for literally 2 decades now but I won't go anywhere near /m/ which seems specifically designed to ruin the genre and it's fanbases reputation, kind of like Sup Forums and MAL for late night anime fans.

Why is genre which is famous for producing the biggest train wrecks dying hmmmm

No we're all pretty much assholes. I've been on this site since around '07 and the only shitposting I've ever done has been there due to frustration with someone insisting SEED was any good.

Shin Great Mazinger is going to happen right?

>mfw Mazinger was my first mecha animu

>Actually Kuromukuro was really good
It wasn't. The show was a whole lotta nothing.

You mean the genre famous for making the majority of the most influential anime and manga ever

Kuromukuro was good.

You listed not one good thing in that post

Nobody who has seen Comet Lucifer could make that mistake when half the dialogue is just characters saying each other's names ad nauseum
>S-Sogo!
>Felia!
>Sogo!

>Majestic piss is pretty much as planned as it gets though
And? Biggest problem with most anime is that they go off the rails and become absolute shit. MJP knew what it was and excelled at is where so many mecha shows failed.

Yeah and that was quite a while ago, might as well refer to Ford as the kings of automobiles in today's world.

He made his own gender bent doujins already.

Kuromukuro is unremarkable as shit. While it doesn't go off the rails it suffers the same problem as Captain Earth in which it meanders so damn much with irrelevant shit to the point they have to rush the finale. There's also nothing about it that sticks out, it feels like P.A. Works just wanted to test their CG technology then make a good mecha anime.

It's like pokey men.

Mecha genre, ia curse the more grounded sane shows like buddy complex bomb, while the try hard shows such as aldnoah zero just turn into trainwrecks

>here hasn't been a great series in 7 years
Shin Mazinger
Majestic Prince
Gundam Build Fighters
Fafner Exodus

Kuromukuro was recent and great.