Awful rushed plot

The reason people get angry is because it promised a lot more

Characters were decent, music was great
Everything else? Not so much.
That fucking ending legitimately pissed me off, what the fuck

>God-tier marketing

No, it's normalfag trash

no that's naruto

Full of interesting characters who never get any back-story or development.

MC romance seemed tacked on. He and Kaede had 2 scenes alone together and she was unconscious in both. Yet, at the end, they're suddenly in love? Weak.

The spicy tofu graduation song was pretty cute, tho'.

This was my biggest gripe, they have a whole classroom of characters and only like 4 of them are ever fleshed out. Definitely a series that needed to be 26 episodes, even if most of it was just more SoL filler to give other characters backstory

season 2 when ?

2nd beat never ever

It needed to be longer, and not in a "oh I wish this had more" but in a "the show was rushed as fuck" way. They decided to introduce an interesting, large ensemble of characters and did nothing with almost all of them. Instead focusing on rushed romance subplot and nothing else.
The relationship between the blue haired guy and the pink haired loli was cute though.

Yuri introduced me to the love that is ZR

>The relationship between the blue haired guy and the pink haired loli was cute though.
it almost destroyed me

dumb rin poster

Made episodes like it was 2-cour, until they found out it was only going to be one. Then they had to animate the ending.

I like it, but it's just so much wasted potential.

agreed, but it still made me tear up

We used to like it well enough until reddit, mal and everyone else started praising it to high heaven and holding it up as one of the greatest anime of all time.

>When you don't like something because people you don't like like it

I liked it.
Just wish there was more focus on the side characters around the middle, felt like they were strapped for time so they skipped over some backstories. Couldn't watch it again though, seems like one of those 1 time only anime.

>We
When did you speak for everyone?

What the fuck was his problem?

I liked it. But not enough to call it great.

Fucking gaijins in my Nihonjin anime.

It was okay but the amount of normalfags that swarm to this anime pisses me off so much.

>Hey user you like anime don't you!??!?
>Have you seen Angel Beats OMG is sooo good!!!
>Ending is soo sad omg I cried so much ;'(

He was just 2 cool for you nerds

Sounds like you need to get chance and luck

Me/10 when i watched it 4 years ago.

I like to think that hanging around Sup Forums has given me some perspective, would still rate it better than "okay" though.

This sums it up perfectly
Could you imagine if they'd done this shit properly?

Marathoned this in one night with a friend back in college. Not going to lie, I would have cried if he had not been sitting next to me.

Its a decent show but like its been said countless times before; it needed to be longer to tell its story.

Purple Haruhi should have won.

Was it really rushed or was it planned to only do a few back stories on some characters? Sup Forums's definition of rushed is usually "I don't like it so it's rushed"

Despite its flaws it's still at least semi-unironically my favorite show. It's probably because my Waifu is in it and I watch it every Valentine's Day though.

For some reason I didn't like it after a certain point.

It was mediocre but it had great music.

This.

All I can remember is thinking it was god awful the entire time, but being impressed that it managed to make me cry despite loathing it.

It was honestly so mediocre that I forget what I hated about it in particular, but I'm pretty sure it was the cheap, generic characterization I took issue with. Nothing I hate more than cliche tragic backstories.

Oh boy, I sure was angry because some irrelevant side characters didnt get their stories explained. Fucking entitled hipster idiots.

Key, in a desperate search for more force drama, gave up on killing characters and instead decided to kill ALL characters before the story even began

10/10

Well, I mean, they are all dead. That was kind of a plot point.

Thanks man, you really got my joke good on you. Make Sup Forums's average IQ less than room temperature again!

>explaining the joke even further when everyone has surely gotten it by now
You've watched enough anime to have truly become a real Japanese MC. I'm truly envious of your ascension user.

It suffered from obvious problems that some people dont give a damn about, which leads to a large gap between the 'its great' and 'its shit' crowd. For example I judge series more by individual episodes than overarching plot so if it has 2-3 10/10 episodes it makes up for shitty pacing elsewhere. Therefor I liked it.

>explaining the joke

You didn't even notice there was a joke there, I had to point it out for you. No need to get upset about it or anything but you should kill yourself when you get the chance.

Ahh so there was a joke there, I see, I see, thank you MC-kun.

Basically this.

I liked the rocket chairs scene, though.

yuzuru onegai

jun maeda should not be allowed to do 1 cour anime