Feminist anime series

Post and discuss feminist anime series

Keijo!!! is feminist as fuck

This SJW shit

utena is sexist, oppressive, and promotes pedophilia

just look at how they're sexualizing these minors, who are therefore also OPPRESSED males

how

This is probably the most feminist anime I've seen. As in the theme is literally feminism.

Belladonna of Sadness.
Not a whole lot to say about it.

Is CLAMP feminist? They have female strong leads but this sex-robot that can't have sex because sex is evil seems pretty reactionary.

The only thing more cancerous than this thread is OP's brain tumor. Report and move on.

usually you have to write a longer post to make newfags angrily spam your thread, this thread will probably get

>implying Utena was not LITERALLY a feminist work

Seriously???

This thread is posted usually once or twice a month, usually with a lengthy dissertation in the OP, and gets between 15 and 80 replies before being deleted.

Threadly reminder to watch Princess Arete.

Japan with that century delayed feminism.

Feminist hasn't infected Japan so I doubt they're are many feminist anime series.

I clicked on this thread expecting lots of butthurt manbabies.

kind of disappointed actually

Depends on what kind of feminism you're talking about.

>manbabbies
I thought this board didn't have feminists though.

twitterfags left the board after their generals got moderated

>manbabies
projection: the post

>feminist anime
What did OP mean by this?

Sup Forums was a mistake, its posters are nothing but garbage

Ah Utena. Fond memories, even if I think Ikuhara is a massive weirdo.

Anyways storytime about Ikuni from /u/
Actually meeting the guy is an experience unto itself. I once went to see him at some weird Tokyo theater play in Golden Gai. The play was some sort of satire of Takarazuka that was created during the 60s by an avant-garde playwright. I went because I thought I read his name on a poster as some sort of guest performer or something... Needless to say, being 14, I didn't tell my parents where I was going off to at 8 pm in the evening. I was in Tokyo for vacation with family, and had been given permission to go walk around Tokyo. I was supposed to stay near Tokyo Disneyland but I never liked disney. I used some cash on me to get to Kabukicho.

I paid 1500 yen to go into this dingy underground bar/play stage. And lo, there he was dressed in a women's corset, frilly skirt (I think it's from Sailormoon?), high boots and carrying a bouquet of roses. He wasn't even in the goddamn play, he was there to watch it and do some sort of running commentary as it performed.

I was the youngest one there, I got a lot of attention because I was not only a young girl but I was dressed Canadian Maritime style. (jeans and flannel plaid shirt with a pink coat that's made for a Canadian autumn not Tokyo autumn, not very fashionable, you could sense the tourist in me). Stood out like a sore thumb. Luckily, being taller than the average Japanese (yeah for being 5'7"!) no one thought to question my age.

I knew he was weird, but actually experiencing his weirdness is another. I failed to get an autograph because of my limited Japanese and the play was apparently some sort of audience participation play thing. I was given a piece paper with words on it, I could only read a few lines but the ones I could read were nonsensical. The rest had kanji I had never seen before but formed words that I knew instinctively were not made for kids because they had a number of kanji elements that had 'evil' or 'atrocious' in it.

any case, I had been given the part of a fan who was supposed to fawn over the actress who was playing some sort of narcissistic, murderous Takarazuka otokoyaku who was harvesting the 'blood'? Tears? Damned if I know what it was, to attain youth or something like it.

I couldn't understand a damn thing, people stared at me waiting for me to perform. I struggled to explain that I wasn't actually here for the play and could barely speak/read Japanese but to see Ikuhara. But they declared they wouldn't let me off until I participated in the play in a concrete manner... being an idiot, and because I thought it would be entertaining, I ate the paper with my lines as my 'act'. Much to my surprise, they rolled with it goodnaturedly, Ikuhara seemed particularly pleased because he didn't expect some kid from Canada to come to this weirdo play and eat the script.

Good taste.

You want feminism in anime read Beautiful Fighting Girl by Saito Tamaki. I heard it's supposed to discuss anime and manga's paradoxical portrayal of women as strong and capable yet also eye candy. Or something like that.

>bumping a rec thread to post a book you haven't read
spoonfeeders everyone

>all-women cast as main characters
>discuss women topics like menstruation and identity
>main character is bisexual
>has both lesbians and homosexuals

Apparently this was a Feminist piece.

Touji is so out of place there.

Lucky brat.

I really would have loved to see him as an actual pilot in the series. He wouldn't have contributed anything to the story or characters, but he's so fun to watch.

I'm with you. Seen them both, and Taisho was certainly feminist.

It wasn't that sex was evil, it was a limitation on Hideki and Chii's relationship. A reality Hideki would have to face as a consequence of being with Chii.

Did I just waltz into bizzaro Sup Forums?

CLAMP is like Salon, with the encouragement of pedophilia acceptance.

Dirty Pair. Two capable and sexually liberated teens take on dangerous jobs. That they leave catastrophe in their wake is beside the point.

dunno about that but I remember seeing that one anime (can't remember it's name) a high school guy turns out to be a demon king in some other dimension and some other whacked out stuff but regardless I still watched the damn thing and was too stupid to notice whatever the fuck was going on till some user described here that it was some fujoshit faggotry.

having a normal pilot would have been a little refreshing later on, he was a wasted character in that regard

It's quite literally the anime equivalent of something like Million Dollar Baby

i've heard that as well

>we don't need man, fuck the oppressive patriarchy
Name a more feminist anime than this.

>implying Sup Forums isn't a place to talk about actual feminism instead of third wave delusions

Vandread wasn't feminist? then again my mind could be blurry cause i haven't seen it in like 5 or 6 years

>all the girls on the ship depended on the male leads
Nope.

well, i remember it about males and females working together as equals or some shit like that, which in the end is what feminism is all about, maybe i should rewatch it

>I was in Tokyo for vacation with family, and had been given permission to go walk around Tokyo. I was supposed to stay near Tokyo Disneyland but I never liked disney.
What? Tokyo Disneyland isn't even in Tokyo prefecture

Thanks Hachiman.

Fujiko Mine and Michiko to Hatchin
Saiunkoku Monogatari

Turn-A Gundam
Gundam Reconguista in G
Victory Gundam
Mazinger Z, it promotes true equality

This guy had some serious transissues.

>>>/tumblr/

>Utena
>Feminist
Utena is literally Patriarchy the Anime

Just find anything by Go Nagai and you're good to go

Do we have real, badass female knights in history at all ?

It in not much feminist as it is Utopian one.

More liek "true form of Vivian James right now", rite?

It also happens to be complete trash. Probably not a coincidence.

Likk ka Likk is a great example.

That's a fantastic story.

so, in all seriousness, what was utena's moral? i felt it was something like "free yourself of social norms and live your life for yourself" given the ending

joan of arc is the first that comes to mind. There's also a famous warrior queen called Boudicca
and there might be countless others which aren't remembered

I feel like you're talking about Kyo Kara Maoh. It was probably my first fujoshi show but I didn't realize it because it's not that heavy on the homo.

Fuck you anno

Kemono no souja erin.

Sup Forums is a nice board

Non non biyori is stealthily feminist, it has girls doing their own things without tying them to men.

>SoL where girls act like preschoolers, are portrayed as asexual and are not made interact with any male
>feminist in any way, shape or form
A remember reading a japanese article about this, too bad I can't find it.

>the fat fuck and the cum dump
that's feminist alright

>Dagashia isnt the epitome of the independant female

I think they can be considered feminist.

If you want an Utena thread you should've just made one, faggot.

New Game

Its about a gaming company who only hires females

Its quite empowering

You're kidding, it was so blatantly made for men

I remember the seventh episode of NGE and how sexist the characters were in relation to each other. Like the Jet Alone dude was poking period jokes at Rits and Misato and how Shinji told her she's behaves not like a lady. Although this later was dismissed by Toji and Kensuke as they indicated such behavior as family-like and independent. Pretty cool episode tbqh. People usually don't pay much attention to it. 1-7 episodes are a great set up for tone change.

"a girl can make her own decisions and think for herself, her gender doesn't truly matter"

Shirobako. Female characters are the most competent while the males are either childish, incompetent or stubborn

>I remember the seventh episode of NGE and how sexist the characters were in relation to each other. Like the Jet Alone dude was poking period jokes at Rits and Misato
Sure, but that was the setup for them getting played and shown as incompetent by Ritsuko and Misato.

even if most characters were based on a single gimmick i still enjoyed it

The men are actual characters and don't look all the same.

this is what happens if you don't start with the greeks

Is Sailor Moon feminist?

Feminists and SJWs are on the way out after Trump got elected, so people don't really get outraged about them anymore.

i don't see it as such but depends on what you mean by "feminist". is ojamajo doremi feminist? is madoka feminist?

That's not how it works.
Liberals will become even more loud now, like during the Bush administration.

Loud and ineffective. Nobody can take feminists/SJWs seriously after their ultimate candidate failed against le orange clown man.

>le

Fuck off, reddit. Also why is this retarded thread still around?

le is a Sup Forums meme, nufriend

the people who report and ignore rec threads reported it and ignored it hours ago, but the people who post about fenisn kept bumping it

Sup Forums kiddies aren't triggered by blatant clickbait articles and by literally who twitter posts because they're "effective". The shitposting isn't going anywhere.

Alien 9. Obviously more about puberty, but considering the cast is all girls, it's feminist.

>joan of arc
Glorified cheerleader.

>Utena has three lesbians in it. One gets raped, the other gets seduced into sex twice and the last one is raped on a weekly basis, and prostituted out to multiple people.
femenist

Who are you quoting and why didn't you start with the Greeks?

>>Is X feminist?
It's pointless because the word feminism can mean anything now depends on person.

So anything with women as MCs is feminist?
Is Keion feminist?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA