Why does Sup Forums hate harems...

Why does Sup Forums hate harems? I mean why would you hate a genre where 5 or more girls are chasing after your love and would be willing to share it with the other girls? Is there anything more fulfilling than this? I doubt it.

> chasing after your love

faggot MC isn't me

But we don't.

Because I'm not a fucking muslim

>Another thread where OP implies by wondering why does Sup Forums hates X when it's usually not true
Sup Forums is one person.

It's probably just a stealth Mai Ball thread. In which case - Mai Ball thread.
Rinka not quite best girl because Reika, Mitsu and Dute exist, but still a good girl.

This We hate the faggot MC, the retarded ways of why cute 10/10 girls lust to a faggot and that it's the same fucking battle harem every FUCKING TIME

>enjoying watching a bunch of girls go after someone elses cock

I wonder.

>b-but youre suppose to self-insert into the faggot mc

Yeah, fuck off.

>Stealth Mai Ball thread with a stealth loli in it.

The concept is idiotic. MC is usually almost a faggot with minimal redeeming qualities and the reason why the harem is after him is usually incomprehencible as well. The only realistic harem anime I've seen is Shokuheki no Souma where all the girl are whet for MC but he doesn't eve nregister that cause all he cares about is cooking.

Children like to think they are better and all grown up because they "hate" "childish things". This extends to adults as well, sadly.

However, fuck off you retard dumb fuck with your shit attempt to start another one of these dumb argument.

Stealth loli is a gloryhunting little shit who supports Bayern.

Monogamy is #1

Campione vol 19 summaries when?

But user you are a faggot

Harem actually used to be my favorite genre several years ago. But after years of watching the same motifs over and over again I came to dislike them. I'm sure the younger me would've enjoyed shows like High School DxD or Shinmai but now I just find them very boring. It feels like they copy paste the characters.
Of course sometimes an exceptional harem appears out of nowhere and reminds me of how fun harem anime can be.

>That illustration with Athena near the end
Oh man, I hope good old Athena is back to take her place as the rightful true heroine and best girl.

Harems are only good when the MC isn't a spineless faggot.

As nice as wish fulfillment is, it gets boring after a while, and the harem genre as a whole gets pretty contrived a lot of the time.

A harem series is a romance which can't have any conclusive romance until the series ends because the main point is competition over the protagonist. Furthermore, the protagonist exists to be a self-insert character, so you have a formula that obstructs the creation of interesting characters. In addition, since it's a romance, there's no reason to have an interesting setting or storyline. We're talking about non-hentai, too, so the best part of a harem (sex with lots of girls) is out.

As a result, the only way for a non-hentai harem to be good is to put a significant focus on non-harem elements, making it either a hybrid or a series that just happens to have harem elements as opposed to a pure harem.

But Sup Forums unanimously hate self inserting though.

This.

Nothing gets me to drop a show faster than a whining pussy MC who shits his pants when a female glances in his direction.

Sup Forums is tsundere for harem. Will tear it apart but eat it up all the same. Sometimes will even complain about a series not being harem so their favorite girl will get a shot.

Because for many people, it got boring after 20 years of rehashed cliches and tropes.

>what is self inserting

There's never a good reason why the guy won't jut fuck em all or choose the one he likes and starts dating her

REIKA A BEST

A BEST

What did she mean by this?

I like harem

because MCs are always shit, he's the main issue, not the girls nor the genre

>entire premise of the genre is fanservice of being around multiple of the opposite sex
>MC usually doesn't do anything with any of them because they want to keep the G-rating
>5 or so characters to keep up with and the difficulty of doing so
>most often they don't characterize any of them with a MC being asexual retard with the personality of cardboard and the harem not having characters going beyond their archetypes
>If there's actually romance MC is only really after one girl, the rest are just decoration
>main girl is probably a bubbly retard or a bitchy tsundere
>not much else going on in the series save the occasional scene where one of the harems cry for 5 mins and MC makes her feel better before ignoring her again
>The whole point of the series is the harem but most of the screentime is spent on the characterless MC. Might as well just remove him and make it an SoL

that being said I don't really mind harem desu

I generally like harem if it meets these four conditions:
1. Protagonist isn't a complete fucking faggot.
2. The girls are interesting and not Rieshit clones.
3. Number of girls is large enough to make up a harem but small enough to allow character development (ideally 4)
4. Animated by a good studio/drawn by a good mangaka.

Some harem I like: Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Saekano, Trinity Seven (exception to rule 3)

Rokujouma isn't really a harem. Just one girl really liking her husbando in 9+ different ways.

Why is it called Mai Ball?

Generic. Boring. You can always tell which girl is going to win right from the very start.

And most important of all, they never end in a harem.

Because I drain my balls watching it

Because it never uses the term correctly.
Harem denotes a man with multiple wives/concubines.
99% of the time it's just one girl.
I for one would LOVE an actual harem though

Because Mai plays with her balls at night.

Because it's Yors

Because Mai is gonna be getting some of those balls tonight.

user, that's bullshit.

Because the protagonists are manchild faggots who can't take a hint when sluts are literally throwing their pussy at his face.

Why is it called KissxSis?

Not from what I see in this thread.

It's sad when a literal mass crossover fanfic with an MC becoming a Kamen Rider kicking Jason Voorhes and fighting anime/vidya fighting characters with women as a prize is a better written harem than most.

The people who hate it are the moe and yurifaggot types

Most straight males like it

Reika is best girl.

It's the terrible writing that tries to justify it, the interactions are stilted and they don't go anywhere.
It's why wandering adventure harems, demon lord harems, lesbian harems, actually married harems and psuedo harems are generally more popular than a bunch of girls orbiting the MC.

Straight men like the concept, not always the execution. Applies to yuri as well, tbqh

Has there even been a mainstream harem series that actually concludes with a harem end?

Tenchi if you read the novels

Mainstream? No.

Many dislikes most harem MC. That's not the same thing as hating the concept of self-insert. You can't really enjoy anime and manga in general without the concept of self-inserting, whether it's onto the MC, the female lead, a heroine, or the cool bro, the cute loli, and so on.

We don't hate harems per se, we hate the typical self-insert spineless loser MC who is written in a way that he has never talked with a girl in his life before.

Also, the notion that girls flock to him just because "he's nice" when clearly it's not enough.
The next door neighbor might be a good looking nice guy millionaire multi-instrumentalist doctor batman and girls would still flock to the loser MC with below average looks for whatever reason there is.

Come to think of it, the doctor batman is most likely chasing female MCs in shoujo reverse harem.

Would you consider SZS mainstream?

Because beyond the immediate appeal of what you said most haremshit are boring, dull, and worthless. Why not just fap to something then watch an actual good show, as opposed to watching haremshit and getting neither?

posting best harem

I'm fine with a harem as long as there are cool male characters that the MC hangs out with as well.

Whenever I watch a show and it is just a harem plus maybe 1 or 2 undeveloped friend characters it sort of reminds me of those closet gay dudes in highschool that would hang out with a big group of girls, hook up with one or two of them, and then eventually come out as gay somewhere along the line.

Wait. What? This sounds like some Zetsubou shit; I only ever watched the anime.

If the MC fucks the haremettes during the story (not on-screen, per se, just during the actual story itself) it is a good harem.

You can see the problem now, I assume.

Sup Forums is no longer a board of Sup Forumsutists but a board of Ch/a/ds

Prove me wrong
Pro tip: You never will

>we
Go away, you're clearly new if you actually use this word.

Japan is so unaware of their obscene level of herbivore it's scary mixed with the fact they've moved from idealistic heroes that you want to be to 1 note heroes that you can relate or self insert yourself as.
Thus we get MCs who only relate to Japan's mentalities and thus anyone with a libido can't like your story.

Not a lot of experience with harems, but I like DxD. Characters develop. MC goes from beta to alpha. And author guaranteed a harem end even before a time travel side story confirmed at least 20 kids.

Not like anyone would want to do that desu.

>MC goes from beta to alpha
Yeah, sure.

What? It's the freaking definition of a harem.

He does. And he does it while being honest about being a pervert.

Because the MC is basically a blank slate for hopeless guys that can't get a girlfriend in real life, so they basically view him as themselves, enjoying the love he gets from their waifus. It's pathetic wish-fulfillment at its finest.

>It's pathetic wish-fulfillment at its finest.
And you're a filthy normalfag for saying that.

Daily remember that the universe exist because god wants to fuck Kotaro

If the series ended with a polygamous relationship then ok, otherwise it's a cocktease.

The ride never ends!

Same reason shoujo is shit, MC is usally a shit character, with no personality and totally undeserving of any atention he or she gets.

Even if by some miracle of the universe you get a good lead, then you get one dimensional love interests that only have a particular 'gimmick' to differentiate them from the other equally bland chars.

Or alternatively, people just like the mc and nobody else because bullshit waifu reasons.

Even if wishfullfilment was a bad thing, the problem is the blank slate MC.

What happened to the series of old where couples would just appear in a group over the course of the journey?

Or was that just Rave?

Harems start going to shit once the number of canadates goes beyond 5 or 6. Tu-love-ru has about 30 or so characters chasing after this one guy's dick and I think they've made a gender bender of him start to fall for him. The guy exists as a prize for the girls and vice versa for the guy with personalities and motivations not changing at all, the only change is new and exciting ways a you can spot a vagina shot and guessing which girl will have her pussy in MC's mouth in a couple of pages.

This is another case of neet elevens ruining it for the rest of us. We barely even get to see a goddamn kiss until a series finale because they throw fat neet tantrums about someone despoiling their precious waifus. It's really creepy and pathetic. I'm not asking for hentai, just at least SOME acknowledgement and use of physical attraction.

Actually doctor batman has a webcomic.

Get that cuck out of your image, your embarrassing us.

>Called Harem
>Not Harem Ending

There's the problem OP

Do you understand why blank slate MC exists? Protip : it's not normalfag pandering

Yes, of course.
That doesn't make good stories tough.

This is why we can't have nice things.

>That doesn't make good stories tough.
For you maybe. Have you ever think back and wonder why these blank slate MCs keep getting made? Maybe it's because the nips consider it a good story?

Because harem techniques are stale. Pleasing your target market is fine, but it's usually done so obviously that none of the characters or events feel real.

Give me a harem where the MC starts out with a harem, then slowly loses it over the course of the story to other cool dudes. But he's so dense that he never sees or cares.

Cuck.

Sasuga self-inserter.

>ntr harem
But from the perspective of the girls.
Allofmymoney

Your story is cuck fantasy no matter how you interpreted it.

He could end up with the most devoted one when his denseness finally wears off.

Fetishists will push their fetish anywhere.

If you self insert, or make a blank slate MC live those things one sidely, then yes.

But if the story is told from the perspective of the girls, and you actually read it as a human then no, you are mistaken user.

>this faggot think this NTRshit is good story
Good thing you don't write for anime and you never will.

Not that guy, but I like cute 2D girls and don't self-insert. So if girls leave the harem MC and find happiness with a good dude, the girl and I are both winners.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, interestingly, had a few couple side characters in harem type situations. It was mainly fighting manga, but side-girls would revolve around side-dudes. They didn't all fall for the MC, which was cool.

>he thinks adding different perspective = good story
1/10 see me after class.

Even if the MC ends up with the only girl who truly cares about him?

Harems by definition are always cuckold fantasies
You either assume yourself better than the MC and think you can cucc him, or fall for one of the girls that will lead to you being eternally cuccd by him

>willing to share it with the other girls