I know Haruhi seems to be a divisive series here for some reason...

I know Haruhi seems to be a divisive series here for some reason, but can we appreciate the fact that the animators in the main series didn't take shortcuts and drew simplified anime faces to convey certain emotional expressions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWB01IuMvzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll give you that if you are willing to admit Nagato was best girl.

Haruhi is not a divise series, the only reason you'd possibly think that if you're new and only see the hostility people get every time they try to discuss shows that have been discussed to death when they actually aired.

Haruhi is garbage.

It's not divisive.
Everyone agrees that haruhi is shit when they take out their nostalgia glasses.
>b-but muh endlessmeme8
only the film is good

Of course user. Don't you know what 雪 means?

Don't think I didn't see you in the other thread saying the same shit.

Wow 46,181,303

youtube.com/watch?v=WWB01IuMvzA

S1 was really fun and great though.
Live Alive is one of the best episode of the entire series.

Haruhi was literally a cultural phenomenon.
Now she's a relic of your youth, and childhood.

>WHAT
>PEOPLE DISCUSSING SHIT I'VE ALREADY DISCUSSED?
>THIS WIILL NOT STAND!

smug

It's the eyebrows

New people discussing shit that has been discussed over and over for years and thinking they have insights everyone else has missed all those times is annoying, yes.

That's not how you use greentext

>tfw no best goddess

Yeah I can see how it would be annoying that people talk about things when you project your own unjustified sense of superiority onto them.

This,
Even though this series didn't had as much impact as others especially when it aired the success it had was incredible.

I'm acknowledging the justified sense of superiority from a collective with years of experience over one dude who just watched some show.

I watched Haruhi when it came out. I have taken part in discussions about it starting then and at least as recently as when Yuki-chan came out.

Please take your unjustified sense of superiority and assumptions fuck yourself with them.

Why do you think I was talking about you then?

Haruhi makes the best silly faces

Probably because you opened this talking about how you think it's reasonable to give people crap for talking about shit you already talked about you fetus.

Well it is. And that doesn't really answer my question.

How did Kyoani go from Haruhi to the bottom of the barrel LNs they adapt, and fail to sell, now?

Like this one?

Not him, but that's not what he was implying at all. In fact, you were the one who implied that, what with your retarded misuse of greentext. And your bitching about "unjustified sense of superiority" is hilarious considering where the fuck you are, idiot. I'm surprised you last this long here if that behavior bothers you enough to write angry posts about it.

I thought they were selling pretty decently the last few years. Free! is massive western fujoshi bait which equals quite a lot of exported merchandise, and others mostly get cash cards because they're moe stuff. Violet Evergarden looks to be visual evidence that their animators are payed pretty handsomely these days.

You're really stupid please stop posting because we can't discuss things when your stupidity is so distracting

The only KyoAni anime that didn't sell was Phantom World.

Sure that's a classic

Amagi and KnK were also LN adaptions that sold poorly.

Great song and great sequence. Kyon is such a lovable idiot, always denying his feelings and then being awestruck by them.

They sold well enough.

Not really.

Deservingly so.

While PW wasn't a stellar hit, it did break 3k in its first volume IIRC. Averaged out at around 2k. For a low budget merchandising show, it did pretty well.

Could an anime original as big as Haruhi even happen again?

PW wasn't low budget, that was Amagi.

Are you implying Haruhi is an anime original?

Also it already did of sorts with Madoka or CG.

I mean stuff like Kill La Kill did with varying success (for, like, a year) and stuff like Phantom World tried within Haruhi's genre with little return, so it's unlikely.

>Haruhi
>anime original
what are you doing?

Even angry in her sleep

that's because she very expressive

>You'll never touch her sleeping face

Oh jesus I'm fucking retarded anons
I'll stop posting drunk

If it was anime original we'd probably have a S3 by now.

More people tuned in to watch Haruhi more than literally every other anime ever made.
I highly doubt it.

She's just got PBF

Thanks for confirming with quads you dick, now there's no chance.

That's only one metric. Many shows have outsold Haruhi.

I'm so hyped for the Disappearance stream. This is the best time of the year, I'm sure of it.

I'm rewatching Haruhi for the first time after years, and I can't believe how bad this episode was.

nice digits

>koizumi playing energy volleyball
>bad

Yeah that's easily the worst episode of S1

w-why don't I ever deserve to get my own thread?

faggot

Worst episode is the episode not narrated by Kyou

my wife

>tfw we will never see college Haruhi animated

Which one is that? Adventures of Asahina Mikuru?

It's terrible user.
Aside from how shit the CG is, how badly the fight is directed and how bad the whole scene looks, the episode is rushed to the point of absurdity, with Kyoan narrating facts that should have been shown and no time whatsoever for the story to breathe.

Is she your wife?

I love how they bothered making Nagato blink.

My waifu ofc

Kyon*

The one where he buys a heater I do believe. The last episode in chronological order.

Season 3 never.

Why do people think something is happening on the 18th? Date importance aside. The website always does its Disappearance thing. Is it just because of the 10th anniversary? Has anything been indicated? Are we doomed to live out this endless hype-disappointment loop every year?

Which is better:
short hair Haruhi
or long hair Haruhi?

remove ribbon

>Someday in the Rain
>worst

>S3 never

we're getting another CG and you talk about things coming "never"

Yet, how much a brand sold is one of the worst indicator of it's popularity.
Because, as said, Haruhi was a cultural phenomenon, if we take other series like One Piece it's obvious that they sold more.

CG s3 is quite unnecessary to be honest. People were waiting MUCH longer for FMP s3.

I loved it. It just didn't have Kyon narrating it. Therefore its the worst episode.

I mean FMP s4, but whatever, fumoffu doesn't really count.

>Disappearance stream
tell me more

hownew.ru

I never watched CG. Was it under the same circumstances as Haruhi? Because Haruhi S3 has a shitload going against it from koyani and their OC to Tanigawa 'running out of words' and thus nothing to promote with an anime.

Long
Not sure how that works but she's even cuter without it

I'm always hyped until I actually get in the chat and it's full of morons wanting the dub and other spicy meemaws.

But it's tradition at this point.

>I never watched CG. Was it under the same circumstances as Haruhi?
No, it actually had an ending.

I'm not talking about super popular daytime mainstream shows. Stuff like Monogatari, Madoka, CG, K-On or every other Gundam outsold Haruhi.

just wasn't on Sup Forums for a couple of years
completly out of the loop

He still narrates, it's just dialed down due to a lack of Haruhi's antics.

What made Haruhi great was the subtle but noticeable dere side of Haruhi.
For example, in the baseball episode Haruhi put up Mikuru's hair in the ponytail and immediately put it down when she remembered Kyon loved ponytails, or the episode where they go out and search for shit but Haruhi was upset that she didn't get to spend any time with Kyon so Kyon's bike disappeared.

>couple of years
The stream has been happening since the movie came out though.
>2010
>almost 7 years ago
FUCK

>>almost 7 years ago
>FUCK
where did the time go ;_;

Does anyone have that screencap of the old as fuck stream (that uses a cam version) with all the anons freaking out about Asakura?

WE are suffering. Just like Yuki.

how would the series have gone if Kyon had caved and fucked Haruhi like she wanted him to?

>where did the time go ;_;
It's gone, just like Sugita's hair.

Haruhi goes into permahappy/genki mode and everything is sunshine and rainbows

that sounds great, Kyon is a dick

kil k-on to see what hapen hahiru
yuckis mine