Read the LN/VN

>read the LN/VN

well you should

If you have time to read this post you have time to spend 70+ hours reading a VN so you can feel superior to strangers on the internet

read faster

If you are complaining about a plot hole that is adressed in the source material, this is a valid argument.

Is it though? A show should stand on its own unless explicitly stated otherwise.

LN adaptations are all just advertisements now anyway.

Nope.
Yep.

LN adaptations tend to be "buy the LN" advertisements, though. They aren't supposed to stand alone.

If you think you can adapt some 14000 pages in a 24 episode anime without it looking retarded honestly get your head checked.

>anime "adaptations"

The thing is japs are retarded at adapting things. They completely suck. Most of the time not only they butcher characters or story they also don't manage to time things accordingly. I don't think it's a problem about adapting, it's just the japs that are incompetent.

>watching animes/manga that are adaptations of LNs
It's like you want to watch a story that was shredded and compressed

it's always best to watch the medium that came first

>reading anime

then don't ask for spoilers you piece of shit

Should I watch Clannad or read the vn

Both.

Which first

Watch the anime and then complain that the VN is too long.

Ok

VN is probably the worst storytelling medium humanity has ever conceived.
An adaption that cuts essential content would still be better than the source material for the simple fact of not being a VN.

>not reading the LV/VN

>animes

>Not listening to ancient LNs passed down through oral tradition

>Not reading source material
You're fucking retarded.

>LN is probably the worst storytelling medium
FTFY

I've yet to see any sensible person make a convincing argument for the VN over the anime

There's nothing inherently wrong about LN, it's just a novel that uses a limited selection of characters.

nah Light novels will at least have the MC with SOME form personality. In VN though it's just a generic block that can only act when the player does because the MC IS the player

imo VNs are actually an underutilized medium. What most people don't seem to realize is that it's good use of sound design and background music that sets VNs apart, its not only about the visuals. Unfortunately many VNs don't take full advantage of this and a result very few VNs are really able to nail the atmosphere and immersion they're going for.

You're looking about it wrong. When a good VN has choices it's less that you're filling in the place of the MC's character and more that you're just choosing which story to read, which route.

LN's a pretty vague term if stuff like Nisio and Gagaga novels are LNs

Well yeah, most of you weebs don't watch dubs,

>Is it though?

It is if you're judging it as a story rather than just an anime. Although all this changes is how you perceive that particular work from 'X sucks' to 'X work is a good story with a bad anime adaption' .

>there are people who actually watch the LoGH anime/read the LoGH light novel when the LoGH visual novel is superior to both in every way

>Visual novel
>ever being superior
Thanks, I needed a laugh

LN is generally a Japanese novel of roughly 40,000 words that feature illustrations. They tend to be directed towards young adults.

>A show should stand on its own
according to who? why do 4channerians just declare random shit as fact?

>anime adaptation
>suddenly everyone on Sup Forums is a primary fag

Because everything on the internet is fact. It is literally impossible to lie on the internet.

I think it's a case of an EOP thinking he has read the source material and managing to contradict himself every second sentence.

>4channerians

Go back to where you came from. It's user(s).

>watching moe trash anime
>reading moe trash anime

>fun things is fun

>chode gayass fans when they defend their trainwreck

>Black Clover

>Watching a literal advertisement of the source material

Sasuga secondaries , you guys never cease to amaze me

Enjoy your rushed , half-assed glorified commercial filled with plotholes that doesn't even cover 1/4 of the story.

This is a good post.

I tried reading a VN once with FSN. Most of the thousand or so pages of dialogue was useless shit that was rightfully cut from the anime.

Never again.

>""""""""light"""""""" novels

Hence the use of the word "generally".

Doesn't whether a novel is light or regular actually depend on the publishing label though?

They should, yes. The problem is, most adaptations of LNs/VNs don't.