The only distinctly American art form

How do you feel knowing that Blacks invented the only uniquely American art form, jazz? Makes you mad, doesn't it? Jazz is also distinctly black and was invented solely by blacks. BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mon0Nj3rw4o
youtube.com/watch?v=oyAAhjGTNvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_cPxKq-gMDo
youtube.com/watch?v=H2_2HCWjSVI
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q14hFawLbg
youtube.com/watch?v=z4PKzz81m5c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

jazz is a fucking meme genre, try harder

Name one other American art form that isn't influenced by other countries

jazz basically created the modern music industry. white supremacy capitalism has always used black and brown people to make profits.

end white supremacy capitalism

Woke

Buddy Rich was secretly black, stay woke

Bluegrass and Appalachian folk music, you dumb nigger

Yeah, as if people all over the world know what those are. I'm fairly certain the majority of Americans don't even know lol

Name the best jazz song of all time.
Now name the best rock n roll song of all the time.
If you say Jazz, you are in denial.
Jazz is just 4 men on a stage playing different chords and different times having more fun then anyone. It’s bollocks.
>blacks invent blues
>whites: “wow that’s pretty powerful music let’s combine that with our waltz music
>whites invent rock n roll
Face it, when whites do what blacks do they do it better.

What aspect of jazz makes it a purely Black creation?
People say blues is a black creation, but after hearing traditional African music I never heard anything that sounds like blues?

Japan is infinitely better at jazz

Debussy, Ravel, Scriabin, and other late-romantic composers in the late 1800's invented jazz.

>implying people didn't pay to see orchestras play
neck yourself

Niggers stole aspects from Celtic music during their close proximity to the Scott's Irish. Just like they steal everything, of course becuase they can't produce anything of value on their own. Notice how not a single country with large nigger populations produce anything valuable let alone good music

Just like the same people that say "classical is meme tier"
Low IQ garbage.

Folk/country, tin-pan alley pop orchestration

Wrong, Comes from Irish music.

>tfw I'm a racist fascist who likes jazz music

I wish niggers would go back to solely creating Jazz, instead of the cancer known as rap and hip hop. Jazz is the only thing niggers have ever done right.

This. The instruments are European. Not to mention it's really derived from big band jazz which is both super American and ethically white.

Woulda been hard for you wogs to play anything lest whites had first invented the saxophone, the guitar, the piano, written music scores, recording technology etc etc.

Sub Saharan niggers would and could not have created Jazz, it could have only been invented by domesticated blacks in a civilisation that was created by whites. Ergo, it's not soley black.

>it's only relevant if foreigners buy it

Jazz also takes influence from classical music which is also white

They "invented" it using instruments and scales that came from Europe. African "music" is primitive garbage.

Right. Blacks didn't invent the diatonic scale or figure out time scales or correct harmonies or understand the physics to develop complex instruments or any of the technology used in modern jazz to amplify, process, and record the sound.

Jazz is defined by the clash of black musical expression with European instrumentation. Without European instruments and methods, there would be no Jazz. Just dumb niggas doin' dumb nigga shit.
Saying it's the only uniquely American art form was just some bs made up by a professor to make himself look smart. Americans invented CGI animation, photography and stop motion animation.

did someone say jazz

>meme flag
niggers know nothing
youtube.com/watch?v=mon0Nj3rw4o

youtube.com/watch?v=oyAAhjGTNvQ

even if they did, theyre all still too afraid to listen to it in their cars. so it means nothing desu

What about animation?

Jazz is just a buzzword. People have been doing things for thousands of years, but social engineers keep romanticizing aesthetic movements and equivocating it with musical practice. It's annoying as shit. People trying to "claim" shit. No one owns music. It's in the air. People then choose what about it to put in the foreground and background.

Also, whining about appropriation is the last refuge for people with no talent, with no understanding and looking for someone to blame about that.

>Hollywood
>video games
>theme parks
>breakdancing
fuck the rest of the world

>photography
the oldest surviving camera photograph. It was created by Nicéphore Niépce in 1826 or 1827 at Saint-Loup-de-Varennes, France
>CGI
Ok
>stop motion
Russia, 1906

Film, literally invented in New Jersey and the language of cinema was made throughout the USA before settling in hollywood
>inb4 da hollyweird jooos

btfo? no, jazz is good. blacks are good at music. they have amazing sense of rhythm.

Jazz sucks, which is why only nerds and niggers like it. Nerds because they get off on overcomplicating things to insensibility, and niggers because they think they invented it.

Nerdy music geeks are like
>haha, listen to that little accent he fit in at the end there, over a little triplet suring the key change! And then they swith it up to a 5/3 timing for just a moment, how playful!
>dude listen to this part, they're playing a bucnh of diminished chords in a funky 7 beat, then they add a dash of appalachian folk in just to remind you you're listening, only to kick it up to something reminiscent of Miles Davis to tell you where their roots are. How do they do that?

One of the many reasons I can never envision an America without black people. I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but so be it.

Nope. Jazz is shit, stupid niggers, can't even notes.

William Henry Fox Talbot invented photography.

Aw honey, whites invented the 7 note musical scale and every instrument jazz is played on.
(((honey)))/sage

still though, they play everything by ear, and it sounds good as fuck. they do have good rhythm. it's pretty enjoyable to listen to

More black folk need to awake to the ways of the jew. America is for Americans. Globalism is the new slave trade.

America is a former European colony you fucking mouth-breathing cock garglers.

Bluegrass, country, American folk, etc all trace back to European origins.

Process != art

Have to agree, Louis Armstrong superb player.

how does it feel to know getz, brubek, and desmond made best jazz of all time?

/thread
Would've been reduced to bongos and chants.

>Jazz not influenced by other countries
>Played on European instruments
>Uses western musical scales

No, it sounds like shit. Germans, French and Italians are good in music. Rhythm is easy, just repeat strikes.

No, chimping is the only distinctly black American artform. And we want to hang you niggers from trees over it.

Oh wait they chimp in apefrica too... well I guess you still haven't invented shit. Some chimp in apefrica invented chimping.

uhhhh... yeah

rhythm isn't that easy. ok, repeat strikes, but the blacks repeat them in a very cool way.

It cant be chimping if there is no native white population. Chimping imply breaking shit and law, Africa had none of both.

Sounds like something a fucking leaf can say.
>very cool way.
Pretty much the same way as everyone else.

>Sounds like something a fucking leaf can say.
>using american proxy

I hate jazz (it's almost as bad as rap), so it makes me glad to know niggers made it.

What do you mean?

>t. tastelet

Until blacks show up and utterly BTFO whitey's musical ability
>Hendrix
>Animals as leaders

>Hendrix is the best guitarist ever

Nigger plz

Pragmatism and cosmic horror are better than any American musical genre.

Wow you are fucking retarded. Modal Jazz, polyrhythmic interludes... you literally have no idea what you are talking about.
>Rhythm is easy, just repeat strikes.
wewlad

>be you
>be posting on Sup Forums
>accidentally expose your lack of education by deriding one of the most redpilled men to ever live, Marshall McLuhan
go read a book user its not too late

Aside from his right-hand tapping patterns, Tosin is an extremely average guitarist. AAL has great group dynamics and synergy live, though. But that's a white guy and a Spanish guy too, so I don't even know.

>Pretty much the same way as everyone else.
Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, Danny Carey, Bill Ward, John Bonham, Bill Bruford. What do they all have in common? each and every one of them claim to have been influenced very heavily by african tribal drum music, you literal fucking idiot.
if you weren't such a brainlet edgelord contrarian without an ear for music you would, like anyone without shit tier taste, be able to distinctly recognize the unique sound of tribal drumming.
>t. casual ethnomusicologist
but you don't have to believe me or my 10 years experience as a musician, spending 5 minutes on google researching your juvenile assertions would very clearly demonstrate to you your lack of knowledge on the subject.

I think the dynamic is incredible too! however I must disagree wrt Tosin's alleged lack of ability. He makes full use of his entire musical range and swings across that fretboard like a coked up spider. That being said, he isn't TBE status for sure (that's an entire shitpost Sup Forums debate) however, like hendrix, he has found a way to produce an incredibly unique voice on his instrument and both Tosin and Hendrix to a large extent served to redefine their respective Genres.
Case in point - no one else sounds like Tosin or Hendrix.

>pretty much the same way as everyone else
>pretty much
lol, no. music is music. in that regard, all music sounds "pretty much" the same as all other music. blacks have good sense of rhythm. even a rock and roll song like "hey bo diddley" you can hear the african rhythm in the guitar. whites don't play electric guitar like that. they don't play their rhythms like a casual dance of the mind like blacks do

btw, i meant the song just "bo diddley" not "hey bo diddley"

The final redpill is that there are a finite number of ways of arranging musical sounds, intellectual property pertaining to harmonic and melodic elements is a Jewish sham, and every stylistic "movement" is really just a buzzword generated by social engineers and pushed by faggot soyboy journos.

I appreciate what you're getting but you seem to be emotionally attached to the wrong elements.

Hendrix redefined what it meant to play the guitar. He was fucking YEARS ahead of his time my dude. Don't ask me though, go and ask all the great guitarists from the 1970's onwards who their influences are and without fail Hendrix would appear on each of their lists.

Let's all just take a moment to appreciate one of the greatest songs ever written, that would not be what it is were it not for Hendrix (in the sense that Hendrix was a massive influence on Gilmour).
youtube.com/watch?v=_cPxKq-gMDo

>Hendrix redefined what it meant to play the guitar. He was fucking YEARS ahead of his time my dude.
who cares, his music fucking sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=H2_2HCWjSVI

meedly meedly meeeee wow this is really great shitty music i love the lack of a coherent motif

First of all, Tosin's (for all the stereotypes about black folk) sense of timing is all sorts of fucked up and you can hear the edits ALL over those first two albums especially. Typically, I hate the sound of things recorded to click tracks in the first place.

But yo, people were utilizing that specific kind of arpeggio-based techniques for like 50 years now, I dare to say it's an idiom based out of Cuban guitarist-composers.

vid related. 1995
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q14hFawLbg

Wise herb in options. Meme flag shill thread.

Jazz uses saxophones, trumpets, guitar, etc etc. all invented in Europe. Also Jazz is written in the time signature of the sum of traditional African music and European music. So yes American. A blend.

>The final redpill is that there are a finite number of ways of arranging musical sounds
????????????? what the fuck did I just read?
No offence but it doesn't sound like you actually know what you are talking about or have ever played a musical instrument before. No two notes are the same, unless electronically reproduced. That's the final redpill my dude.

"stylistic movement"? m8 people invent genres so that they can group, categorize and compare different musical styles - now whether or not the grouping is arbitrary, are you really going to sit there and tell me that there is no reason to seperate Wagner from Dimmu Borgir?

Genres exist as a practical necessity, though they may be cumbersome, they are incredibly functional, especially when playing with other musos.
>"Okay cool but let's try to give it a more pop-esque feel. Keep the speed metal drums though - that shit is tight. also the vocals could do with a slightly jazzier variation in the 3rd and 4th movement"

But seriously though, the idea that there are only a finite combination of sounds is quite literally fallacious.

Just because you can't hear doesn't mean it isn't there bucko. There's a reason why an entire generation of guitarists rocked jacked it to his skills.

I find that the biggest problem with jazz starts in the late-60's with all these Afrocentrist movements. It began being touted that there's no difference between "rock", "jazz", "soul" and "blues" and that's a problem.
First, that denies that there are different INDIVIDUALS WITHIN any given race of people. And then it takes the strongest tradition of black enlightenment/intellectualism in music (jazz) and boxes it in with cheap facsimiles and Jew-run money-farms.
I have a problem with that sentiment. It's what led to Beyonce being seen as a legitimate artist and not a self-absorbed, aging bitch who bleached her skin.

>sense of timing is all sorts of fucked up and you can hear the edits ALL over those first two albums especially.
Yeah but we both know that albums are trash tier representations of music and that live is where it's at
>But yo, people were utilizing that specific kind of arpeggio-based techniques for like 50 years now, I dare to say it's an idiom based out of Cuban guitarist-composers.
Yeah but none of them slammed it over djent - that being said I must confess I'm extremely intrigued by this 1995 vid, excited to watch as cuban ethnic music is a blindspot for me

Jazz is literally the sound of cultural appropriation. Namely, American Africans appropriating the European harmonic system. My culture is not your costume, Satchmo!

>uh uh uh we has de rithem doh
>whiety caint step cuuhz

I just find that if things are being micromanaged that hard in words, something about the expression is suffocated in the process. I think music is "degenerate" today in that people don't feel the need to make themselves aware of counterpoint, or develop a deeper connection to the rhythms. It's largely musical babies "sounding out" notes using these various stylistic associations, decreasingly aware of the smaller moving parts that make it what it is.

That's my point.

>tfw OP is ignoring the fact that most modern popular media is made in the USA

Literally "wyetee aint gots no rithem!"
Anyone with rhythm and the discipline of playing the drums would be able to repeat patterns on a set of drums, or even just one drum. Just because it came from African ooga booga voodoo garbage doesn't mean only niggers are the only ones to master it.

i never said whites have no rhythm, ya butthurt dumbass. call it "less sophisticated" or whatever you want, but whites don't play like blacks. black music is less ambitious, less complex but still full of rhythms and intricate rhythms that seem to flow from improvisation, not composed rhythms. do you understand? that's why they don't play the same and why i describe black rhythm as "more casual dance of the mind" ...it's more casual, still enjoyable. blacks have more natural rhythm. that's why they speak in ebonics, it's rhythmic. it's why africans never evolved a written language. they communicate by rhythm, not complex thoughts.

happy now?

People who push these memes are in ill-begotten positions in the industry, or scene so they need to throw a smokescreen over actual talent. They're literally insecure, so they say that people of particular demographics "aren't allowed". This is possibly the biggest reason why modern music sucks. The session/club date scene is so saturated with these trust fuckers who protect their monopoly on "appropriation" by throwing stones from their glass house.

Any actual, honest-to-God artist is a strong enough person to recognize where they're coming up short and who's worth learning from. I'd even go as far to say that, in music, race only matters when peripheral characters (execs, journalists, bloggers) start spewing their half-educated shit.

>implying Hendrix was better then the Beatles, the biggest selling band ever

Looked up the members of my old favorite punk band and one of them plays in a country band in France. Faggot.

Rock "music" is all trash, and you're trash for listening to it.

Jazz sucks.

Jazz was considered nigger music at the time and it should be considered such now. It was the rap and hiphop of its day.
Jazz
>nigger music made with white music as reference
Rap & hiphop
>nigger music made with nigger music as reference
Can you imagine what niggers will make in the next hundred years? Do you want your great-grandchildren saying
>why can't blacks make good rap like they used to?
Because that's what you're saying anytime you applaud jazz.

Jazz is played using trumpet, guitar, saxophone, contrabass which are all instruments invented by white folks and based on western music harmony. Saying jazz is a black music is quite a stretch.

>How do you feel knowing that Blacks invented the only uniquely American art form, jazz?
what about comic books you fucking idiot turd?

>It was the rap and hiphop of its day.
I liked it better when their celebrities had to wear suits to work

And ofcourse the white boy stole it and perfected it.
youtube.com/watch?v=z4PKzz81m5c

I liked it better when everyone had to wear suits to work. Jazz was degenerate in a nondegenerate age while hiphop is degenerate in a degenerate age. It shows how low we've fallen when something that used to be considered nigger music now seems classy.

Jazz is garbage

>blacks invented jazz

This is a shitty meme and you're a fucking isiot for believing it. Jazz was by and large adapted from french Gypsy and cafe music. (See artists like Django Reinhardt) The double bass, "gypsy jazz" guitar, violin, and horn were all incredibly common in french contemporary music at the turn of the 18th into 19th century. This was brought through french settlements like those in new orleans, where it combined with the more horn-inspired folk musics of the acadians (or "cajun") peoples in louisiana who had been deported from Canada.

The piano was added in response to ragtime and american folk music.

Jazz is truly american, yes, but was invented by the french, not the blacks.

I literally have a degree in this shit (inb4 useless art degree, i'm now a LEO and left acadamia once i had my paper)