rt.com/news/410606-kim-dotcom-meganet-internet/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_mesh_network
opengarden.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Calm down Kim.

tits. some good news

>MegaNet

go away kim, stop co-opting other people's inventions. pathetic, fat, eternal liar

> Other peoples inventions

WHO'S??

Why the hate for a guy fighting the system, unless of course your a shill, then that make sense...

>let the criminals and pedos run free
or
>continue using the CIA's internet

Is he, dare I say it, /our400lbhacker/?

There's piles and piles of legal code preventing something like that in the US set up by the good ol' ISP's years ago. It's why there's rarely more than one ISP per town.

Good idea though

It's probably his own version of MESHnet, unless he stole the code...

If it is what I think it is, I've thought of that idea myself a while ago

P2P mesh networks are the future.

That's what I think as well.
Imagine mobiles tied in to that, free calls,text,data....
Oh boy.

Only at the cost of everyone getting the hardware (routers etc) and the same code/software as well as running/charging/powering the devices

it's called Wireless mesh network
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_mesh_network
the biggest contributers to this idea today is open garden opengarden.com/
once again fatso wants to steal other people's thunder because he can't create anything himself

Anyone hear about that leaf that got killed by cops who was developing some messaging system that was really OP/GOAT?

Would be nice to download pizza images without slow ass browsers.

kim dotcom is a conman sack of shit who jumps into any media frenzy to attention whore his way up to the top of the news and grab few more shekels that he can then spend on his gold digger fiancé. anyone who takes him seriously should neck himself

Isps can shut down p2p pretty easily

how?
by banning ips?

In a world where fucking cartoons are becoming illegal, chose the RUN FREE option,

or enjoy your tyranny.

I dont see ANYONE else bringing it to market.

if people have ideas, but dont implement them, their loss IMO

ISPfag here.
Not true. You can block port numbers and block IPs, and if you want to spend a ton of money, you can block some protocols, but a determined user can bypass all of those.

just tunnel ipv4 over ipv6 over ipv4.

Got any other tips/suggestions?

Honestly depends on what you're trying to get around / avoid.
Do you come from a restrictive network that limits your access to the public internet or are you just trying to stay private?

Well I'd like to stay private but also in the event I have limited access.

Well, in the event that access is limited, you need tunneling tools to help you move traffic over whatever types of communication channels you have left. Any solution to actual blocks is going to be very specific to the type of filtering that they do.
Worst case scenario, you have to co opt other communications channels to be able to get anything out. (example: tcp-over-dns)
If you still have open communication are just trying to stay private, you can hide a lot using SSH tunneling, VPN tunneling, but all of these solutions require you to have someplace to tunnel your traffic to. A server you control somewhere.

I've never got around to setting up ssh/vpn tunnels on a VPS

What do you think of using a small device like a raspberry pi hidden and connected to the internet at various locations/sites and using that to tunnel?

How difficult is it to break into the routers that connect suburbs etc?

Why do you even care who invented it first?
The question is if it is a good product and useful.