What defines the American identity?

What defines the American identity?

What does it really mean to be American?

Is it possible to unite Americans today under a certain American identity?

Is the American identity defined by the constitution and other founding documents? Or can it be divorced from this documents and defined by something more metaphysical?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IPGPsgDTW6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What defines the American identity?
nothing,that's why you were so easily turned into 56%

So does that mean we have to create an American identity in order to survive and prosper?

Being an American is meaningless. All a woman has to do is shit out a baby on our soil and it is magically considered American. We have no identity, our at least it is denied from us

The American identity is knowing that the constitution doesn't give us our rights, it only recognizes that we already have them and promises to not infringe on them. So about 5% of the people in America are actually American.

So what are you, a civic nationalist? Why should someone be considered American just because they were born here? American culture is ultimately a product of Europe and Christianity (de facto, not that the government was founded on it). There are people that don't want assimilation at all, it's supposedly okay that they can speak whatever language they want, carry their own customs here and dilute what was already here. I'd also dispute your view on rights, but whatever

"So about 5% of the people in America are actually American."

Maybe read the whole post next time, kthx

Yeah I did, you based being American on knowing where you rights actually come from.

YEP

civcuck nationalism

So you think there is no American identity beyond that? That we have no roots besides knowing what the Founders *believed* about rights?

Yea, but maybe you should slightly reword your question and ask it for a third time.

That's the real trick, isn't it, because if you recognize that rights do not issue forth from man but are to be protected and not infringed upon by man and are bestowed by God... everybody in the world is an American....

American culture is all about mass consumption.

Degeneracy, consumerism, and Zionism

Have you ever read the constitutions of other countries? A very small amount of people outside of America hold these beliefs, and I think to be considered truly American, one would need the philosophy and the paperwork. If you would like an example, I'd would consider the Korean store owners who defended their shops from looters during the LA riots 100% American.

I suppose I should say korean-born store owners

Free white men of good moral character.

That is what the founding fathers said, and that is the correct answer.

>American identity
Used to be white, well-off and classy

Now an nonexistent thing. USA ceases to exist, turns into a big business for everyone played by the rules jews approve.

1. That's the thing. There is no one American identity anymore. The US is a multi-ethnic empire with massive regional and cultural differrences. What some faggot in SF thinks being an American means compared to a redneck are completely different things.

2. Civ Nationalists and libfags will tell you being American means an attachment to Democracy, Pluralism, Classical Liberalism, Anti Authoritarianism' Constitutional Government blah blah blah..

In reality the real Americans were mostly protestant settlers from the british isles who shared common roots, culture and the practice of English common law. It took several generations for the other European immigrants to assimilate and many never really did.

The constitution has been interpreted out of existence and the peoples republic envisioned by the founders is long gone.

3. There is no way to unite around one identity because of answer 1. The US will start to break up when there is a non white majority faction.

4. Back to point 2, muh constitution doesn't matter if the demographics radically change or the constitution is just ignored or irrelevant. Most Americans prob can't tell you what the 4th amendment even is off the top of their heads. I think half don't even know how many branches of government there are.

American culture = consumer culture
Did you eat at McDonalds today?
Did you get the Happy Meal?
If so, you might want to check that bad boy twice, there might be a green card in there.

Remember that loving Jews more than any other group is part of being American

America is a meaningless shit hole. That is why I will racemix with a asian waifu and move to her country, so hopefully my seed will not have to grow up identity-less like i did.

W E I M A R R E P U B L I C

youtube.com/watch?v=IPGPsgDTW6k

At least we know good times are ahead then

>What do you think about Jews?

>A) I love them
>B) I'm an anti-semite

That is really the truth. You can't even harmless point out anything about the Jews without being labeled a "Nazi". They are untouchable

The country defines us

Good. Diversity is our strength

Old Stock settlers which were mainly Anglos but broadly Western and Northern Europeans. So, WASPS essentially. Through the mixture of several Northern European/Germanic bloodlines with the main being Anglo Saxon, the American ethnicity was born and it's not hard to spot us. We are the heirs of this nation. Examples include, Clint Eastwood, Jared Taylor, Henry Ford, Richard Spencer (though I don't care for him very much he is ethnically American) Every President before Kennedy and i would even count him. Any actor from the 60s and before, or significant American is likely of this group and it's well defined. The jew would have you believe there is no American ethnicity but they're dead wrong

/thread