Novel series that are exactly like typical animu

Novel series that are exactly like typical animu.
>an alien race at war with humanity
>children end up being trained as soldiers and fleet commanders
>tournament arc
>wincest
>AI waifu
>ara ara
>MC always gets panties wet but ultimately settles down with worst girl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HT3cl4GJIDs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Culture novels have 90s OVA written all over them, although it may be the other way around.

>kink and fanservice everywhere
>new fetishes enabled by modern biogenetics
>everyone is either eccentric, a manipulating, gendoposing bastard or completely insane, often a mix of all three
>a whole novel about games
>keikaku doori
>never a shortage of antisocial operators with dark pasts, femme fatales and sarcastic drones
>there is a society of sadomasochistic, hilariously faschist tentacle monsters
>excession has a tsundere
>several yanderes across the series
>consider phlebas has techno-crusaders

>High school students transported into a fantasy world
>One of them is secretly a witch
>Fantasy world made up of every myth and legend existing at once, constantly at war with each other
>Every side trying to capture the students
>Real world knowledge of explosives gets leaked
>Everything gets fucked

Piggies are the fucking coolest sci-fi race fucking period. Fight me.

The only culture novel I have read is Use of Weapons, but I agree with you.

YT a cute!

Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun saga is where many of the ideas from Chaika (and Scrapped Princess) come from.

Basically, Chaika is The Book of the New Sun, but cuter.

Did you know that this was originally meant to be a manga?

Trigger warning, normalfag shit.

>YA
Get some real reading you faggot.

Hence why I said Normalfag shit.

Don't forget Twilight. It's basically SAO.

This IS basically a battle harem.

>but ultimately settles down with worst girl

Don't forget the part where she leaves him because he was too busy doing MC things

you forgot:

>fujoshi pandering
>fan favorite spin off

>Sword of Truth
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Pip and Flinx
Straight up 90s as fuck complete with cute snek doing cute snek things like melting off people's faces

>The Damned Trilogy
While we're on the subject of Alan Dean Foster series, here's an isekai without being isekai

>Xanth
Straight up late 80s/early 90s silly fantasy shit

I would pay money to see this adapted into an anime.

No, A Song of Ice and Fire is a battle harem, specifically School Days in book form.

>real parents are magically absent
>you're a special snowflake, Harry
>magic academy
>the power of love and friendship trumps evil
10/10 anime material, just have Harry sit at the window in the backrow

It's isekai.

The Black Company would make a perfect anime.

Every single thing about this entire series was anime.

>teleports behind you
>"psh, nuthin personal, kid"

It would have the inevitable "YOU MADE ME SHIP THE WRONG SHIP YOU FUCKER" think that Bleach and Naruto had.

Luna > Hermione

Self insert wish fullfilment of the worst kind.

Luna>>Hermione >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jenny

>autistic ramblings of a retard that ruined the world
isn't that the same thing as rebuild?

go back to Sup Forums, faggot.

I'm not even going to argue, that's pretty much true.

i'm in the anime board to discuss anime, you fuck off with your normalshit thread.

Despite what everyone say, I enjoyed HPMOR more.

No western book or film or ANYTHING has been copied by anime as much as this one, especially stuff like Armitage & GitS
Course, it begins in japan so its not surprising

Nice Phillip K. Dick ripoff

There are ten pages of threads. Ignore this one instead of shitposting.

>implying Berserk & Bastard! are original

I like both faggit
Besides, Dick was retroactively cyberpunk, kinda like Black Sabbath is retroactively metal. Gibson invented most Cyberpunk tropes

Bane?

More cock

>No western book or film or ANYTHING has been copied by anime as much as this one
Uh, Blade Runner?

Hari Seldon, The Mule, and random chick brainwashed by Second Foundationers.

I don't get why they didn't pick something else for the Second Foundation cover.

Does it count if it already got an anime adaptation?
It was also way better than that shitty movie that took out all the good stuff

It's been a while. Who was ara ara?

WATCH OUT PLEBS, MARIEST OF SUES COMING THROUGH.

I'm surprised there's no manga adaptation of this. Elric is the original edgelord.

'Use of weapons'
SPESS HITLER!

The blade runner movie takes alot of its visual aspects from whats described in Nueromancer, which is older
I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and while it was good, its really a very different story than Blade Runner turned out to be
Theyre equally responsible for the genre but as far as anime goes, the Major from GitS and the plot of the GitS movie is straight outta Gibson

Nigga, most that read the Dresden Files have figured out that anyone that doesn't like the series in a serious way has serious taste issue and a therefore worthless opinion.

Nobody is going to get mad at you for saying reese cups taste like shit bruh. They're just going to look at you weird.

I imagined this like one.

What was this about again?

Theyre still beautiful cover art

Not a series but this would make a good SoL that devolves into tragedy.

>implying I am not a Wizard already

And to this day Elric is still one of the few likable edgelords in fiction
But then again he doesn't combine being edgy with being a mary sue like is common now, so it makes sense

Most of Dick's works, especially the later ones, are about determining reality.

By contrast, one of the most striking things about Neuromancer is the concreteness and substantiality of the world. Case never doubts reality at any point in the book, not when he is inhabiting Molly's body, nor when communicating with Dix, Wintermute or Neuromancer.

In fact, the characters' contempt for Peter Riviera seems to indicate that Gibson believes that it is a waste of time to play solipsistic games.

You have clearly never read either Neuromancer or any Philip K. Dick novels.

Or are you just a moron?

It's basically a shoujo version of the classic shonen self-insert magic-powers battle manga for edgy teen girls, surprised there haven't been more anime breaching that market.

I thought the movie was better.

>>The blade runner movie takes alot of its visual aspects from whats described in Nueromancer, which is older
Wrong.

Neuromancer was released in 1984, two years after Blade Runner.

Furthermore, although Gibson was writing Neuromancer during 1982, after the release of Blade Runner, he rewrote much of the original novel. This was because his publisher feared being sued by the producers of Blade Runner due to several similarities between the film and Gibson's draft.

You would have known all this if you had taken 20 seconds to conduct a simple internet search, but you're obviously too lazy to use Google.

Reported for Swimming against the Currents of Time and Opening the Outer Gates

>You have clearly never read either Neuromancer or any Philip K. Dick novels.
>Or are you just a moron?
I didn't post in this thread for Sup Forums tier shenanigans and dumbass assumptions user
Wheres the "doubting of reality" in Deus Ex hmm? Or Bubblegum Crisis or Ergo Proxy? to keep the subject on anime.
Now stuff like Lain & Megazone 23 is definitely more Dick inspired than Gibson inspired ill give you that much

Fuck you. I was about to post this.

It has everything:
>magically gifted, super talented protagonist
>an ancient evil
>coming of age arc
>Harem consisting of: a traitorous whore, an immortal sex goddes, a cunning qt, an innocent beauty with cowtits and a pure beautiful maiden.

Man. The waifu shitposting would be off the charts.

Anime was good, too

You should watch the OVA if you can find it. I had to watch it raw though, but I kmew the plot anyway

20fucking19 here. I'm hyped for peace talks next month. The third book of his new steampunk shit was alright.

Kill me.

Doors of Stone.. NEVER!

-Cool characters
-The story is entertaining
-The author's knowledge as an anthropologist contributes greatly to world building.
-Writes great banter

Too bad his writing stile itself is shit and I had to take break from it at the 9th book despite liking everything else.
STOP SAYING 'FRAUGHT' EVERY OTHER PAGE!

Butcher does have the best protagonist ever.. his name is Butters

Even his Uni buds were your typical anime.

>its another "marching through the desert without water" episode

Sort of. If not likeable, he's at least more interesting.

Elric actually started as an inversion of Conan. Conan is a big meat head, Elric is a sickly albino. Conan is a barbarian who becomes a king, Elric is king of a decadant race who throws it all away. Conan wins through cunning and martial prowess, Elric gets by through sorcery and relying on his OP-as-fuck kill-anything-sword.

In the 1970s that was a fresh new idea, but after many decades of self loathing antiheroes, it's pretty tired.

>You would have known all this if you had taken 20 seconds to conduct a simple internet search, but you're obviously too lazy to use Google.
Congratulations Shinji! Doesn't mean im wrong about Gibson being more influential to anime in particular.
Why are Sup Forumsnons so angry all the time? Smoke a bowl before you get this thread derailed

Say hi to Simmon.

Not many good books released recently, I am stuck reading super cliched LN's

oh yeah.. Stormlight 3 is at 99%

POLKA NEVER DIES!

"Where I come from, there is no try"

Agreed but Elric himself has actual physical weakness that really fucks him over without his sword. I feel like it makes him more relatable, especially to an un/fit/ toothpick like me
Most writers nowadays prefer their edgelords to be 100% hardass with their weaknesses being purely mental/emotional
They say some of the other reincarnations of Elric are even more Guts-like

My LotGH novel can't come soon enough.

>post-apocalyptic future
>airships
>environmental message
>kickass female protagonist
>suave sexy antagonist
>tagalong beta male protagonist
>killer robots
>pirates
>city-melting pewpews
We just need to find a way to keep Miyazaki alive past the death of his body.

>LotGH

you see they have the first three in audio form

Imagine a conan series animated in the style of an 80s OVA or something like Cobra
Man just thinking about it gets my dick hard. Hour of the Dragon, Red Nails, Frost Giants daughter, alot of those stories would fit anime well methinks

Black company would be a better version of a similar concept.
It even has a loli heroine for the first part and later switches to an 'Ara Ara...'

Dresden series is a continuous downward spiral into horror and damnation

I mean I wanted a lighthearted SoL.. nope

immortal loli's are the best

youtube.com/watch?v=HT3cl4GJIDs

>stormlight 3 is at 99%

are you familiar with Fritz Leiber

pretty much invented the odd couple/friends in a fantasy setting

only problem I have with him is it's all in short story/serial style

Could even cater to the fujo market that like older men.

like Goblin?

Doesnt Hari get an android waifu in the prequel? Thats anime as fuck

Fucking late night literary thread, for people who can't stand the asses in /lit/

While not exactly like an anime, it should be made into one. The whole series, there hasn't been a good zombie anime in basically forever. George is best girl.

Dude not that guy but yess
Fathrd and Grey Mouser is the shit
It upsets me that the originator of the Thieves Guild and "rogue as the fantasy protagonist" concepts is so forgotten now. Probably because there hasnt been a new edition in print for awhile in North America.
The Bro-ship between the two characters is incredibly believable and real feeling especially for its time.
Really though, its Fritz horror output where he truely shines as an author

oh god.. when he kills off their fiance's
I about gave up

More like Croaker and the like. They are all in there 40s or more by the second book if I remember correctly.

The book itself isn't, it's /lit/ approved fantasy, but the world has the dreamy anime quality I love.

wolfe has excellent prose

you feel smarter just reading it

I used to post there all the time until the Sup Forums invasion when the elitism became unironic and people started posting about feeling "anxious and mad" around "people who are more intelligent than me". Not to mention taking Tao Lin seriously.
And putting "genre fiction" in a general? Ridiculous. That meme on /lit/ started as a joke. People used to love Terry Pratchett there believe it or not

I swear there was an interview with Glen Cook about how he watches anime with his wife.

>Killing off the waifu cruelly
I take it you aren't a Tomino fan