Is It True that Ottomans Used White Slavery?

If so why in the Wonder Women movie did the German dude said he was "spying in Turkey". If he was white (he was) wouldn't they have captured him into slavery the moment he walked into Turkey? Unless of course the movie is full of shit but they aren't normally THAT historically inaccurate. What im saying is how would any whites go in Ottoman empire to record anything if they were enslaved when they went in?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade
youtube.com/watch?v=l1Yz3XrLSjw
bbc.co.uk/history/british/empire_seapower/white_slaves_01.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Stupid flag
>Stupid post

All checks out

Why can't i get a clear freaking answer. I tried asking my teacher but i have a reputation as a racist so he brushed my question off.

kek

ottomans were free to enslave women of non-muslim nations which empire was at war at the moment.

ottoman's own non-muslim minorities were protected by law (1/3 of population) and you were not allowed to enslave women of countries which ottomans had good relations.

>freaking

Just go away. Take this shit thread with you

*women mostly but sometimes men too of course

Does this mean ethnically or people from that country. I'm American I'm like part Italian part Greek part German part Irish part Dutch part French and yes, part Armenian but it's very far back. Would i be a slave?

The Barbary Slave trade had already died out upon the onset of World War One. And the Turks wouldn't just enslave any white European they came across. A lot of Anatolians are white anyways. The Turks are just the latest group to claim Asia Minor as their home.

Remember the Ottomans used to be allied with France, during in one of the Italian Wars the French even converted a cathedral in the South of France into a Mosque for a visiting Ottoman Army lmao.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

and your teacher ignored you not because you have " a reputation as a racist" but because you're s retard

ottoman slavery was not based on race or ethnicity.

two things mattered:

1. you're muslim or not
2. your country is at war with ottomans or not

by the way, ottomans officially didn't directly enslave people other than janissaries. they used pirates in med sea and tatars in ukraine

Oh ok so i wouldn't be a slave? I just hate studying something that hates me. So for example i went to Rehab for weed a long time ago so I HATE thinking about Singapore since I know they want me dead. I hate learning Yugoslavia stuff since I know they want me exiled or dead. I have a assignment on Ottoman empire and wanted to make sure they don't hate me

this is true, it's fucking amazing how we had more rights under the sultan than the fucking communists, really makes me think

Dude, most people in my class don't even know what Turkey is, let alone the Ottoman empire, and let let alone the slave trade there. When he mentioned Turkey most people thought he was referencing thanksgiving lol

So were the pirates in bed with the government or was it illegal? Like did pirates sell them on the open market legally?

The pirates were tolerated. Like the lybian selling niggas now. Same places, same things

> I just hate studying something that hates me. So for example i went to Rehab for weed a long time ago so I HATE thinking about Singapore since I know they want me dead. I hate learning Yugoslavia stuff since I know they want me exiled or dead. I have a assignment on Ottoman empire and wanted to make sure they don't hate me

What in the hell are you on about? Who gives a shit if they'd hate you?

even against the whole of Europe the glorious French nation wins *-*

youtube.com/watch?v=l1Yz3XrLSjw

Yes they also imported millions of Africans to work on sugarcane fields and cotton. But instead of letting them have families they castrated them.

The whites got conscripted into the army as the Janissaries. The Barbary coast pirates raided as far as Iceland for blonde haired children to use as concubines for the Pasha's

the ottoman empire did enslaved people from europe, but they were besties with germany

legal. first pirates sold enslaved persons to merchants and then merchants sold them openly in the market of big towns.

however there were also african mostly sudanese slaves in ottomans. this was not white or black slavery. this was islamic slavery.

ottomans built almost nothing in anatolia other than istanbul and izmir. they heavily invested in balkans. also before nationalism, there were more turkomen rebellions in anatolia against ottomans than in balkans.

So the government was "technically" against it but allowed it. Sort of like how South American countries are "technically" against the Cocaine trade but tolerate it and profit off it.

Because i like to think I'd be accepted in their society so I feel more like "pretty cool, would have been accepted there". Can't describe the feeling. It's why straight white Americans like 1950s stuff more than black or gay americans.

not technically against it. slavery is justified in islam under certain conditions which are 1. slave must not be muslim 2. country of slave person must be at war against islamic country

What the hell? Why did they allow that? Even if they weren't civilized I thought non-straight people especially pedophiles would have been hated

would i have been a slave?

How extensive was the African slave trade with the ottomans? did they allow manumission? I know they had black slaves in Irak

If you consider Slavs white, then yes.

So Islamic law would have no problem with enslaving Americans? That's messed up

Why allow castration? Well thats obvious enough. No slave uprisings. They didn't give a fuck. Cervantes the spanish Shakespeare was a slave. The biggest slave markets was in Algiers and Tunisia.

The Sultan had hundreds of concubines in topkapi palace. When they rose to power they would have their brothers strangled along with anyone else who was a threat. It was a very interesting time.

The Sultan was accepted by muslims because when Sultan Mehmed II took constantionople he was seen as fulfilling Muhammeds prophecy that it would fall to Muslims.

according to historic documents, several thousands of black slaves total were imported to present day turkey. historic documents match with current local black population here.

manumission was encouraged if slave voluntarily converted to islam.

1000% they delighted in the torment of armenians because they gave them so much resistance in the conquest of anatolia

I'm not sure if your larping but slavery is carefully legally defined and enshrined in Islamic law. Its seen as legit legal identity. The Quaran was innovative and liberating for its time but today is monstrous and fascist

It's a movie about a lady with an invisible jet and a magic lasso, dude.

contrary ottomans called armenians milleti sadika which literally means loyal nation (loyal to ottomans)

before nationalism, average armenian was considered superior to average turk by ottomans

after 19th century and rise of nationalism made things different but slavery was abolished at that time

One thing I never got its why did Turkey side with the West? How come it didn't side with Russia. Russians have a lot more ties than the Americans

yeah

>One thing I never got its why did Turkey side with the West? How come it didn't side with Russia. Russians have a lot more ties than the Americans
This made me chuckle

bbc.co.uk/history/british/empire_seapower/white_slaves_01.shtml
This is are fucking BBC's take on it never mind a trustworthy source

remember the euroasia before 16th century. turko-mongol tribes were controlling russian lands (golden horde, tatars, crimean khanate, kazakhs etc) . rise and expansion of russia=regression of turkic peoples

war against turkics gave birth and shaped russian identity

The Slave trade ongoing now in Libya is a good way to screw with normies and dig into the mudslimes who are behind it! Meme this and spread the 5th wave of the meme war plague upon the blue pulled!

Appreciate the answers. Whats going on Erdogan and all the Syrian refugee's? Do Turkish people dislike them or do they pity them? I heard Lebanon is full of them yet seems to be functioning fine

Normies don’t want to believe mudslimes would do this!

I'd hate to see what it was like before if that is considered "liberating"

I have to stop reading this. Slavery is depressing enough but now they had their dicks cut off

people pity women and children. dislike young men.

but our own people (except western secular which are called white turks here) are almost as violent and uncivilized as syrians, so syrians can't cause any extra trouble. white turks are relatively richer, so they stay away from refugees.

overall, syrians are not very big topic on politics here. everybody is currently talking about leaving nato.

Could it happen? It would be a masterstroke from Putin if he got Turkey on his side. How's the economy going tons of people still go on holidays there. My uncle has been going to kusadasi for decades nothing not even a war would make him stop he said

How do people feel about the EU? I understand there is a lot of bad blood

turkey leaving nato would have huge impact on global politics. it's not going to happen easily. I don't think it will ever happen in near future.

turkish gdp is growing +5% this year despite all chaos, coup and terror etc but financial system is fragile, turkish currency is losing value and also unfair wealth distributation and corruption make people unhappy. all the money goes to pro-erdogan companies and individuals.

economy will be erdogan's biggest problem in the coming election

also a note, since syrian civil war more turkish youth is turning anti-muslim each year. if this trend continues half of turkey will be non-muslim in 2050 according to some polls. this is also a challenge for erdogan.

eu :)) I've never understood why westerners think we want to join eu. majority of turkish people never wanted to join eu. turkish eu plan was part of american foreign policy to control europe. but since american-turkish relations in crisis, also eu has its own domestic problems, eu story has completely finished for us. it's just on paper.

It was tradition in Arabia for fathers to bury their first born daughters alive when they reach 5-6 years of age. Not doing so was frowned upon.

Just an example.

How, when they were castrated?

The answer is yes. They did. Where do you think the WORD slave came from?

The slavs used as slaves by the ottomans.

only slaves who serve in palace and in harem were castrated.

those black slaves I mention are farmer slaves. they were not castrated.

totally bullshit story fabricated by islamists

I can't believe some people in 21st century still believe this

the term slav was used at least 500 years before ottomans :))

Since you're from Turkey, do you think Erdogan is going to attack Europe at some point? He heckled Merkel a few months back saying a war with them would end in like a day lol.

1/5 bait since you made me answer. Whatvis ottoman empire? How long it was around? Did whole empire have same laws and customs?

It seems basic consepts of time, history and distance are unknown to you. Please apply for elementary school again and while you are at it tryy reading some books.