Remember us, user?

Remember us, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QFaTouc-Q64
youtube.com/watch?v=Ys6EJ0VRd4c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Knight_Rayearth_(video_game)#Development_and_release
xpearse.tumblr.com/post/154038769844/magic-knight-rayearth-making-of-magic-knight
youtube.com/watch?v=JhI7W6yLrMA
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=856671
mega.nz/#F!fZQRmTBB!JkmdijqEmTbzR9DoXRGF4A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I remember.

This is one of my most beloved anime series, and I listen to the music all the time. I can't forget about this.

of course. Its one of my favorite series.

Best girl.

Course I do.
Hikaru is MAI WAIFU.

Does the full english OP for this exist?

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=QFaTouc-Q64

Of course

Fuu best girl

I fucking loved the series as a kid. Cute girls, non girly magical powers, mechas and a story too dark for my young mind. It made me the fetishist waifufag I'm today.

Pity the only thing I couldn't stand was the thing they decided to salvage from this show. Fucking mascot.

I still like the OP that was made for the Sega Saturn game but released only on Working Design's website.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ys6EJ0VRd4c

No, because Fox Kids got your airing rights to keep Toonami from getting it and never played you.

>only on Working Design's website
Nope. It's the OP for the English release of the actual Saturn Game, silly.

Anyhow, I like the background beats in that version. The singer not so much.

Are you sure? I didn't own the game, but I remember the big hubbub when this was released before the game, and then claimed to be a "joke" or something, with a more "toned down" version for the game release.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Knight_Rayearth_(video_game)#Development_and_release

One of the greatest themes of all time.

Yeah, of course it's in the game. That's where it comes from. If you don't know that, then at least don't presume it isn't.

If that version is in the game (is it a bonus?), I'm confusing the first and second versions then, with the third being the final release version. The one I posted was similar to, but not the main theme used.

There was a version that was only released on the website and not on the game. The whole thing about the themes brought about pretty intense scrutiny on rec.arts.anime.music at the time and Victor Ireland was taking a lot of heat, which I only paid attention to because I was curious how Rayearth would be Americanized.

>tfw you were watching CLAMP before you even knew what it was

>a "version" that was only released on the website
Ah, I see. I get ya now.

all three were great girls

Reyearth was 10/10

>three

she's still Hikaru, user

I was referring to the one with guitar riffs. I've already seen this 'piano ver'

Rude.

I forgot her story, what was it again

I just remember that she tried to take over Hikari's body or something.

Only Hikaru got an angel designed after her.

Watched it month ago or so after 12 years or so.
It's a classic, a lovable one at that. Hikaru, Umi and Fuu are 10/10 girls.

Yes loved it. Still think better than Sailor Moon.

she's Hikaru's pain and sorrow at having to kill Princess Emeraude that split from her when they got sent back to japan at the end of S1.

The big bad brainwashed Nova to become the big bad and kill everyone

How did S2 end again? I can't remember how it ended and only remember when they were about to start to fight and that was it.

Hikaru accepts Nova as being a part of herself and they remind the people of Cephiro and the invading nations that the pillar system was BS, that their own hopes and/or fears are what makes their world... and then power of Danketsu/Friendship happens and the bigbad is destroyed

the manga has them able to come back to Cephiro at will afterwards, with all three girls getting shipped with their corresponding man

Video game booklet scans coming today. Uploading them right now.

It needs a remake/reboot/revival so hard, they should use the magical girl popularity.

Rayearth is a weird splinter off magical girls, they're more isekai heroines than proper mahou shoujo.

Also, CLAMP... they wouldn't remake any of their series because it would be a pain to modernize stories. and we don't want the Rayearth girls (and ladies) to be even more crack chic/noodle limbed

Hell yeah.

Video game scans are up if anyone is even interested. I scanned the front and back of the boxes and their manuals. Enjoy.

xpearse.tumblr.com/post/154038769844/magic-knight-rayearth-making-of-magic-knight

Ah... when CLAMP used to be good... those where the times.

This kind of anime is why when they say "there are hardly female heroines" i am all like "what the hell are you talking about?"

It's not only Reayarth either, there is Slayers, there is Sailor moon, there is Sakura, there is Kaleido Star and then all the clones...

I can't remember that.
Developing Alzheimers sucks.
I still remember that one ero video some guys made which made me diamonds and even had it in VHS back in those days along with Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon and NGE.

The game was annoing to play at the part where you had to let them kill you because I had made them too OP that the damage being taken was at most 10hp.

Just two girls. The other went for the reverse harem route. That we'll never see.

How old are you to have Alzheimer's yet be posting on Sup Forums?

To this day i still do't know why my dub changed Eagle into a woman.
When i saw him on the OP i knew he was a guy but the first time he spoke he had a femenine voice so i guessed he was a reverse trap.
And then it turns uout i was right and Eagle is a man.

You can't really forget fantasy-land with mechs.

frog

I haven't watched or read Rayearth yet but I already know glasses girl is best girl, is my suspicion correct?

Fucking finish X/1999 you bastards, Clamp!

I remember one of you.

Tenou Haruka syndrome.

Or they wanted to prevent ancient fujoshit squealing over Eagle x Lantis.

the only one

I love Rayearth. If only there were more magical girl series that went with "what if we gave them all giant robots?"

But they created a bisexual Hikaru in the process. Not thati have a problem with that since i heard that most of CLAMP characers are bi.
But it still seems kind of weird to take out the gay and add lesbian things when the latter is looked down even more than the former.

youtube.com/watch?v=JhI7W6yLrMA
Oh, Mexico, you are so crazy.

I didn't like the second part of the story; it was way too serious.

Yep, but sadly never finished. One of the best things to come from CLAMP.

Also a SRW featuring Rayearth and other fantasy mecha when?

>las guerreras, more like los caballeros

I can actually see three mustached dudes in sombreros singing the theme.

I loved it when I was 13

I've got this.
Mexican dub is decent but that OP is so fucking bad.

You are now aware that Rayearth is a wish-fullfilment isekai.where mc travels to different world, gets cheat ability and marries two fuccbois (manga version).
If it was made today it would be called Isekai no Magic Knight Seikatsu

Was he gay?

>wish-fullfilment
Outside the fact that isekai is not as new as you are making it out to be.
No sane person would like to travel to another world to "save" it and sudenly being told at the end of everything that the true reason they were sent there is to kill the only person that keeps the world from collapsing.

Is there a reason to believe otherwise?

Don't bully Hikaru.
Only Nova can.

>marries
You missed the point of that part at the end of the manga, silly.

The change of tone was deliberate. It's MEANT to be more serious as they now have to take responsibility for their actions because that's what being an adult means.

Lantissexual, and and I don't blame him
both Lantis and Zagaato were best boys

Of course Lucy, episode 8 was brutal for me.

>loves everyone
SLUT

>SLUT
Next you'll be telling me that Jesus was a slut too.

There's a reason he was always hanging around hoes

>wish-fulfillment
when they had to face their greatest fears to get their magic

>fuccbois
Hikaru's brothers were fuccbois, Lantis is a manly man and almost bara (for CLAMP)

>if it was made today
it wouldn't, modern isekai are taylored for male audiences, and the amount of males and females in the cast isn't enough to fujobait (even considering CLAMP)

How many people here have read the manga? If not, get it here. Read it NOW!

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=856671
mega.nz/#F!fZQRmTBB!JkmdijqEmTbzR9DoXRGF4A

>modern isekai are taylored for male audiences
You are lycky not to be familiar with LN world.

I remember
>Magical RPG girls? Ok.
>Magical Obari Mechas? FUCK YEAH

Umi is the best.

Who has the best undies?

For the love of god someone needs to translate those iyutani doujins.

>iyutani doujins
>umi and that faggot ascot
No thanks.

>Ascot
>faggot
You take that back.

>faggot ascot
not wanting the little boy that grew up to become a CLAMP tier bishounen summoner because the power of love over an eternal manlet arch mage that knew the score since the begining

also
>you will forever be ashamed that you didn't originally recognize all the car references

But user is right, I can't self insert as Ascot. Umi needs more quality doujinshi. Well done 3DCG stuff would be cool too, but Rayearth isn't big enough of a property, I think.

Hmmm

He's literally a child in the body of a man. The personification of the typical Sup Forums user. Of course I hate him. Besides, he's boring and doesn't deserve Umi unlike the greek god that is me

>self insert shit again
The only faggot here is you. Self insert fags really sure are annoying.

>faggot for wanting to fuck Umi

>painted nails
DROPPED!

>self insert
Don't worry. There's always Lafarga.

That's fine, but when it collides with liking or hating characters or incapability of empathy with the story because one's own shitty perversions, then it's annoying faggotry.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Ascot and to some degree I could self insert it's just the fucking hat.

>Rayearth
>Escaflowne

I really want to see organic-looking mecha back

She's a "big" girl

I'd love to see it again but not with the character designer's current artstyle

much less in clamp's noodle proportions

so I guess it was perfect the way it was

Old enough to be a grandfather and have forgotten I posted in this thread till I saw the (you) right now.

>you will forever be ashamed that you didn't originally recognize all the car references
I still don't.

Ascot or whatever his name is doesn't hold a candle over Clef. Grow up Clef is very handsome and he is very caring.

Wasn't Clef and Umi's ship anime only and one-sided?
I always though of him as a master that has a great affection for his pupils.

It is implied that they both liked each other in the manga but I might be wrong. It was a long time since I read it.

Clef was a dirty old player that doesn't reciptocate because "muh pupils"
>Presea (+Anime Twin Sierra sister)
>Alcyone
>Anime Umi

>Alcyone
She was in love with Zagato

In the manga he seemed very fond of Umi. With Alcyone he lamented that a talented mage like her turned evil and seemed saddened by it.

Wasn't he sad that Zagato turned evil?

I've actually watched this for the first time a few weeks ago (albeit I had read the manga back at the time). It's really not bad, a bit watered down with unnecessary episodes but still pretty good.

The second season introduces a steoreotypical villain which is a bit disappointing after the subversion of the first season, but it's still better than the uninspired the second part of the manga. Nova is a good character.

Regarding the OVA however... what the fuck was that shit? I'm not even sure what was all about. I've even tried to look for reviews that would explain and make sense out of the plot, but I had no luck.

There is simply no explanation as to why whatever happened to Cephiro logically connects to Eagle's decision to attack Earth.

The art style didn't translate well to animation imo.