YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Jump will get their own SnK now.

Other urls found in this thread:

1of4-basedanon.tumblr.com/
mangastream.com/r/demons_plan/002/3833/3
mangastream.com/r/neverland/017/3841/1
youtube.com/watch?v=mWyB447vNjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't really get the hype for this manga. It's not bad but nothing really stand out and screams 'hit' for me.

Same. The plot is interesting, but the other elements (characters, background) have nothing that really shines.

Never heard of it. Can you summarize ?

Is young mama this girl on the cover?

That's the inside cover and yes. Here's the other side.

Sauce?

Check twitter for the source of the print number. Pic related is Amazon source. Also the v2+3 announcement can also be found in the twitter tag.

Mama on the inside cover eh? We still don't know much about her agenda

Super smart kids trying to escape from an orphanage run by child-eating monsters.

It's just to fill the void.

1of4-basedanon.tumblr.com/

there are some spoiler pics about Conny and Mama during their journey to the orphanage gate. It's so fucking creepy, knowing what will happen next

This is an imageboard, fag.

you know what this manga lacks? pathos.

Is this sister Krone?

>Jump will get their own SnK now
It's called One Piece.

I don't see humans getting eaten in Wan Piss

she got dat jazz

>Jump will get their own SnK now.
They don't have anything in common.

>people kept in an enclosed environment
>the outside is full of non-humans
>protagonists are children
>both have a are rather serious tone
>main group is two guys one girl
etc etc

That's nice.

>said non-humans eat people

Color page of next chapter

In some ways you're right for example SnK has horrible art and character design while PN looks great with good character design.

What the hell? This art is garbage

You just have shittaste.

Wait for Elbaf

anti climatic af

It's a christmas page, what do you expect

Shit on your deads

CUTE

If you look closely, you'll notice the chicken/turkey is Conny

>Super smart kids trying to escape from an orphanage
Why does this sound familiar?

snk's current art shits all over wonderland.

This artist just loves holiday themed

It's too soon for Neverland to do those kind of halloween christmas etc title pages

Why? He can put whatever he wants on it.

It's anticlimatic

What a compfy Christmas, getting the tree done with Mama, preparing the big dinner all together, try the new toys together

But that's not an argument, are you okay?

when will I'M GONNA SAVE EVERYONE die? she adds nothing to the story

snk has characters, neverland has plot devices.
snk has drama, neverland has infodumping.
they're similar only in the concept.

snk is shit, neverland isn't (yet). Another difference.

Connie was so retarded and cute

i wonder if he makes it so happy as a sort of joke

honestly, for me, snk is far from great, but no doubt it is more thrilling than neverland. in snk I care about the characters, in neverland I just look for the plot.

>in snk I care about the characters

OTP

Well it maybe common for seinen, but it's a rare premise for Shounen Jump, maybe that's why

I wonder if their orphanage actually celebrates christmas. They don't seem to be raised with any particular religion.

Yup, even though this is Demizu's first Manga, he's been doing great artwork for years. It's why his cover pages are so good.

Am I the only one that can't stand the art style?

In SnK I have to keep an eye out for all the edge so I don't cut myself.

i actually find it refreshing

Something about the way the faces are drawn really throws me off.

I agree, the characterization in Neverland is pretty poor. I just read for the plot.

Do people actually like this fucking manga?

It is obscenely boring and the art is kind of offputting at times, despite technical skill.

Umm no, at best I say they're equivalent in quality. PN has an accomplished illustrator producing lower quality art for weekly release. SNK has a guy who's still learning to draw and makes up for his lack of art with details

in neverland, everything the characters say and do is related to the plot. everything. so how can I care about the escape and root for the orphans if the story doesn't give room for them? It's just plot, plot, plot. they talk about the plot all the time. look how much text this manga has. a lot. and there is no real dialogue, just infodumping. at least in shittynk, during critical moments, they usually think about simpler times, remember friends and families, behave like people. in neverland again, it's just plot, plot, plot. I will read until the time they escape, if by then this cold way of the writing doesn't change, I give up.

Why does this Manga always take several days more than others to get translated? MS is doing it, they usually rush things.

>whenever the author makes enemies look like friends for one page

And you are not blind.

MS waits for digital raws which come out in a few hours and then releases the chapter a day later. They don't care about this series as much as they care fro demon's plan or you know wan piss etc.

>why isn't this a SoL after they find out that everyone's dying
Hmm

>flashbacks
They are ten years old, what do you wanna see?

you are aware you're reading comics that in most cases are aimed at audiences under the age of 18 and some cases under the age of 12 right?

Maybe comics just are not the medium for you or you're reading the wrong genres. Also I've read SnK and you're entirely full of shit on their dialogue being nothing more than meaningless fluff and "plot".

It is because they care that they release it with high quality scans

That's probably why the quality difference is minimal huh

mangastream.com/r/demons_plan/002/3833/3
mangastream.com/r/neverland/017/3841/1

Do you know what public scans are?

Yes, but why would that matter? It's clear that their DP and TPN release has the same quality.

Emma is so cute. Please more Emma.

I think its just so different from the usual shonen jump fare, that the regular audience is is getting hooked more by the genre rather than the individual elements of the story. Same thing kind of happened with Death Note.

>Same thing kind of happened with Death Note.

Yeah, but I could understand Death Note. That series had a hook from the beginning. Even the most ardent contrarian has to admit that it's entertaining as a manga/anime. I just don't see the hook with Neverland and I'm caught up. It's just meh. I'm feeling the same thing I felt when people where hyping up Boku No Hero like crazy back when it was fairly new. Though I will say I like this more than that manga so far.

>I just don't see the hook with Neverland
It's about all of the intrigue and mystery surrounding their plan to escape the House and discover the outside world. We don't know what is happening and we discover it alongside the characters, as well as their interesting character interactions and keikakuing.

they had a life before they discovered the truth. dont they miss it? work the contrast between the scary reality and simpler days would give much more emotional value to the story. but, yeah, they are children and children have no feelings. let's focus only on the plot.
I don't want violence or some edgy shit. what I want is more focus on the characterization, because, for now, they are just fucking tools. read neverland is like watching someone play chess.

>they had a life before they discovered the truth. dont they miss it?
>instead of finding a way out, let's reminise old times when we played with toys like retards for no reason, it's not like we are genius or something

In 20 chapters, Death Note already had memorable scenes. Neverland has none (well, maybe that of the dead girl in the first chapter, but outside that is just talking).

>implying the moment Norman called Ray out wasn't perfect
Wew

remember, it's a story about escape. root for them is essential. but if they are geniuses, cold and emotionless, why should I care about them again?

A theory I have regarded the way the brains are classified by the "demons", what if it the really high grade ones are allowed to become demons instead of being turned into meat and gourmet like all the others? I'm only a couple chapters in so excuse me if this has already been proven.

>but if they are geniuses, cold and emotionless
>cold and emotionless
You don't seem to read the manga, so what's your point?

Yeah, he called Ray and said it. Great visual composition. Masterful storytelling.

He should have sent Ray an email instead, I get it.

Nothing has been proven about the Demons yet.

don't use an exception to attempt to disprove a pattern. 90% of the manga is done through expository text. if you don't realize it, who is not reading the manga is you.

What about that scene where Norman dreams about everyone being dead and then gets attacked by Demon Mom? Also this

The demons would have to come from somewhere so I imagine they'd have the tech or magic to be able to turn certain humans into their kind, maybe the really advanced geniuses are allowed into their society only while they chop up the rest as sustenance.

I for one don't care if there's too much text, only that the text is interesting.

What the fuck is that thing flying? Is that a demon santa?

>exception

Maybe it's William Minerva

What makes this scene great in any aspect? Look at the composition, it is a page without any particularity. He's just saying: "the spy was you, wasn't it?".

For a single moment I thought you were being sarcastic. It coming out of literally nowhere makes it so good. You're page isn't comparable at all. While Light is ending a confrontation, Norman is beginning it, while Light's oen is a conclusion, Norman's is a plot twist. What did you expect the author to show? Norman doing a backflip and then saying "hey, what's up, traitor-boy"? Sometimes less is better, sometimes it isn't.

>inb4 WM is a demon.

Clearly he's a demon that wants some children to eat all to himself, he's sick of the Demon King hoarding all the good meat.

Death Note and SnK are better

Emma is female Gon

Not really, Emma has actual moral standards. Gon is more like an animal.

I bet Gon is an animal to Killua.

youtube.com/watch?v=mWyB447vNjg
>Whats the next step of your master plan?
>Crushing human eaters without survivors
>Deshi deshi basara basara
The fire rises* sound