Occultic;Nine

Gamotan is the ghost of Christmas past. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/2FBQ8.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_C
youtube.com/watch?v=0JIJzmBip-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know, all of a sudden, the thought Ryo-tas might be a human being who achieved a status close to godhood doesn't sound tha farfetched.

Even more so when you go check her character profile and find this written in her occupation:

DIVINE HEALING PSYCHIC MEDIUM

It's a Pine.

In both Christian and Japanese tradition, Pines symbolize Rebirth and Immortality.

Her tits are divine.

Meant for

Truly a miracle of the universe

>ED song sings from 1-9, but skips 8
>from Ryo-tas' point of view
>Ryo-tas is actually alive

Bravo.

I went into this show expecting little, but what a pleasant surprise it's been. I look forward to it the most each week and this Ryotas cliffhanger is killing me right now.

Perhaps Ryo-tas is really an immortal being.

Maybe at the end of this Gamotan is going to be brought back to life and become immortal. The Christimas tree he transforms into in the OP is a symbol of Rebirth and Eternal Life.

Nope.

The 8 is in the lyrics and you can hear it. Just turn up the volume.

I heard people play Vangaurd here too.

I prefer to turn cute girls into smoothies and stuff them into collectible boxes.

I'm more of a WIXOSS guy.

I don't like Ryotas having a personality change. now she just comes of as a bitch
too big. hope they turn out to be fake storage for something

man that was unfortunate product placement.
>buy your kids vanguard so they too can be underage killers
maybe gamotan is the blue demon

>I don't like Ryotas having a personality change. now she just comes of as a bitch
Who the fuck do you think Zonko is?

Why? Because she finally got serious and dropped the act? Gamotan has lost the will to do anything ever since he found out he had died. Someone had to snap him out of his depression.

>maybe gamotan is the blue demon
What do you mean with that?

Whatever is, if the part of the OP where he's looking at the glass and casts a reflection is any indication, Gamotan is going to be brought back to life at the end of this. And Ryotas being just behind him seems to suggest she's going to play key role in his resurrection.

>too big. hope they turn out to be fake storage for something
Hahahaha, you wish. The ED shows them in plain sight and you can see they are as real as the day.

>Because she finally got serious and dropped the act?
it makes it seem like she was just being condescending instead of something she did for fun.
>Gamotan has lost the will to do anything ever since he found out he had died.
bullying him should not be the fix. it was clear from the get go what type of guy he is so being surprised that he did not step up is pointless. + he more or less does not see any danger to them. I really hope he is not the key to saving the world or anything like that, I also hope there won't be any time loops for him to man up fast

>What do you mean with that?
you remember that one night gamotan was trying out his key on the street at night and was attacked by a blue demon only to wake up in his own bed the next day

>it makes it seem like she was just being condescending instead of something she did for fun.
You are mistaken. That cheerful mood of hers is legit, but that doesn't mean she can't get serious when the situation calls for it.

And sorry to rain on your parade, but no. Gamotan is the key in saving the world, yes. That's why he HAS a key.

That was Kiryuu. You can even see a skull with horns in his character background.

I want it to be someone else
>That's why he HAS a key.
poetry

>I want it to be someone else
Are you serious man? Even the ED hints that by the last episode, he and Ryo-tas are going to be the only two out of the 9 protagonists to remain in the Physical Realm aka World of the Living.

>ED
I don't watch ED or OP because they often spoil things.

Well, in that case you're right. Both the OP and the ED spoil a lot.

Have we found out what the key is for yet? I don't remember.

>myu's shitty lesbian bawwwwwwww my gay love interest died filler subplot is over
Finally, time to enjoy it again. Though seeing lesbians suffer is always a treat, she was really fucking annoying with "muh chi-chan!".
Based Shota. Gamotan also did nothing wrong by not going to help her, he knew she was a lost cause and not a true basara girl.

Where did you get the idea that she's a lesbian or that they were lovers?

His yuri hate boner is too strong so he started seeing yuri everywhere.
I didn't really enjoy Myu being useless but the subplot took so little screentime with the exception of this episode when it's finally resolved that it barely even mattered. Yet for some reasons he could stop enjoying the show completely just because of that tells you a lot.

We do know Ryo-tas can see them because she's a Psychic Medium.

But what about Izumi? This guy is shady as fuck and it seems Shun was sent to investigate him.

Shun came to investigate him but it seem like Izumi has disappeared to somewhere, we haven't seen him since previous episode. He's expected to be the big bad but we don't have anything on him yet.
I think him being the big bad would be too cliche, it would be more refreshing to see him actually being on the neutral side or Gamotan's side (like he was previously friend of Gamo's dad or someone indebted to him or something).

The fact he hid behind the curtains to answer a phone call, and the fact Kiryu knows him, all this points out to him being the FB. He also knew about the Kurenaino Mansion, and guess what Ria did find in the mailbox? And to top it, his cafe goes by the name of Blue Moon. The night the 256 drowned there was a bright moon in the sky.

I want to sniff Touko's tights.

Kiryuu knew him? From the impression I got, he didn't know about the cafe and when he and Aria came to the cafe, the owner wasn't there yet he commented that he had seen "that guy" before and wondered why he was there.
Knowing about Aria isn't a big deal since she's a big name when it comes to black magic, she even has a website of her own with full contact details and stuffs. Unless you mean he specifically knows her previous resident, that big ass mansion, in which case I can't remember when did he mention that at all.
In the mailbox Aria found professor's scalp but that doesn't say anything about Izumi at all unless you has already assumed he's the culprit, in which case it's still a weak connection. The scalp could've been placed there by the culprit a.k.a anyone as well as well as the email, in order to frame Aria (or maybe it was to led the shota detective there?).
The Blue Moon name could've been an intentional coincident on Chiyomaru part to emphasize on the image of a blue moon.
The connections are still too weak to make any statement. Well, if we're going by meta analysis then according to common cliches and tropes, he's most certainly the big bad as well as Gamotan will be alive by the end of the show.

I want to titfuck Ryotas while Touko sucks the tip.

Calling it reoccurring imagery would be more precise.

I wonder if this toribako shit has any relevance to the main plot.

There a few interesting shots in the preview.

One is of Ryo-tas turning off the voice recorder, which she used to play a recording of Gamontan's dad voice.

The other shows her sit in front of the studio.

It makes you wonder, what kind of connection she must have with Gamotan's dad. At this point is clear as the day she knew his dad. Perhaps the handheld Tesla Coil is a gift she got from him.

No, but the kid making it has a lot.

what do you mean by spoilers i the ED?

that was literally my favorite part of the show,
until you ruined it for me

Can we please agree all that Ryo-tas has a more than obvious connection to Gamotan's dad.

It's not just the radio anymore. She has got the Tesla Coil (disguised as a ray gun). She used the name 'Gamonosuke' several times, mirroring his father's name, Koresuke. And she's a Psychic Medium, so if the masked guy is really Gamotan's dad, then more reason to think she did meet him at some point.

>what do you mean by spoilers i the ED?
The first scene we see after the butterfly is Ryo-tas sitting behind a giant Tesla Coil. If you replace that coil with the ray gun (actually a miniaturized coil) we havee the same thing.

There are also 9 marbles on the ground. The yellow (Gamotan) and red (Ryo-tas) marbles are in the light, with the red marble touching the dark (which hints at Ryo-tas role as a Spiritual Mediator between the two worlds). The interesting part is that Gamotan's marble is also in the light, which seems to hint that he's going to be brought back to life at the end of everything. There's also foreshadowing of that in the OP.

We've all came to a consensus on this since last week. Yes, Ryo-tas has connections with Gamo's dad.

What happened exactly to Gamotan's key?

Since Gamotan is currently an astral body, that would mean his key is also an astral projection similarly to how he projected Zonko's radio.

But then what about the real key? If it really was found alongside his body, like the real Zonko's radio did, I doubt the police wouldn't have catalogued it as an important evidence. So that means it must be somewhere, probably stolen by whatever that devil represented.

if the FBI took the radio, and he is conscious of it, how does it stay? because now we have 2 radios

did they even pay for that cab ride they took in this episode?

that fucking bar owner knows something fishy but they never question the fact that he can fucking see and talk to them

>that fucking bar owner knows something fishy but they never question the fact that he can fucking see and talk to them
Considering who is his VA, can't say I'm surprised by this.

CARDFIGHT VANGUARD

It worked for Yu-gi-oh and WIXOSS

>probably stolen by whatever that devil represented
Or it's in the lake or still in his pocket or is still in his pocket or is in police custody. There are shit load of people die so they probably don't know that it's an important evidence related to the murder of professor Hashigami.
But yeah, it could've been stolen by the demon which bring up the question, for whom does that demon work for?
Another hypothesis is the Society has already got their hand on the physical key and used it to initiate the New World Program and the astral key is the counter key to use against them.
Then again, we don't really know if the Society really needed that key or just Hashigami's papers. Shota detective seem to be interested in it before but now he has stopped pursuing it for some reasons.
In the end the key is still mysterious and important yet everyone seem to has forgotten about it already.

If you guys are as retarded as me, or haven't already, I advice you to rewatch from episode 1, the foreshadowing is everwhere and it's really activating my almonds

>that fucking bar owner knows something fishy but they never question the fact that he can fucking see and talk to them

i'm banking on scandium drinks he's been giving around.

I don't think there's much consistency in that.

Why don't they also have the appearance of dead bodies (pale skin and all) since they saw their corpses?

It's all pretty much arbitrary.

i think this is a pretty good catch and idea.

>i'm banking on scandium drinks he's been giving around.
Scandium cannot be administered through oral means, that was made clear in the previous episode.

Is this Ryotas size IRL?
i.imgur.com/2FBQ8.jpg

Come to think of it, Shun drank one of his drinks, but he was already dead by then.

How exactly does a ghost know that something he never tastes before tastes bad?

Why is nobody talking about the visual secret in the anime of how the characters who are "visible ghosts" do not project shadows onto objects surrounding them? (excludes projecting shadows onto their own self/body parts)?

Because it was already discussed to the death.

What the hell does ascension even mean? Is that a cool exclamation of some sort?
Please delete that and delete yourself out of here.
Because they've already knew about that about a month ago.
Astral bodies can interact with physical object, there's no way around it. Astral objects on the hand, still remain a mystery.

> Astral bodies can interact with physical object, there's no way around it

That would create too many problems. Like how the fuck nobody noticed a door opening and closing twice on its own in the scene where Shun learns he died.

The common theory is that Ghosts simply believe they are interacting with physical objects in a similar fashion they still hold onto the projected personal belongings they had when they died.

They do however can interact with any electronic device, including phones.

Kiryuu himself seems to be limited to that while in his astral form.

Oh yeah, you make a solid point there with Kiryuu, it would explain why Kiryuu must break the shops in his physical form.
Yet at the same time I think there's still too many problems if they just imagined all of that, like in this episode Sarai has never been in Myu room, how can he held her cup? It's not an electronic device. And then there's the Moai statue.
I think astral bodies can interact with all physical objects of NOT absolute time. The reality these astral bodies perceive is identical to our own yet not synced to 100%... how should I explain it, it's like there are 2 identical world exist in parallel, people from world 1 can perceive all people in world 2 but not objects of world 2, they can only see and interact with objects of world 1, people of world 2 can't see objects and people of world 1 except for a few.

They've made it clear that they've been interacting with physical objects. The one detective commented on all the open caskets in the morgue scene, and they've shown other shots of objects moving "on their own", like when Touko looks at the flash drive her boss has hidden.

And now that the 2 worlds is synced to 97%, the line of objects between 2 world became blurry and they started to mix in.
Or maybe not. This might be a huge plot hole since a lot of the details seem to contradict each others.

Oh, this is the one with the disturbingly gigantic breasts. I dropped it ep1 because of them.

Congrats, you're part of the group of people who got got.

There's enough evidence to suggest that everyone in the show is well aware of how unnaturally large they are. And I think they've shown her wearing a back brace?

Let's reorganize evidences a little, which evidences act against the idea that astral bodies can interact with physical objects?

It's fucking weird seeing this kind of product placement. I mean if you didn't know much about vanguard, then seeing a creepy kid with playing cards would just be creepy at best.
Seeing actual cards I've used and traded in an anime like this is just surreal.

>got got
animegirlwithquestionmark.png

how is the plot in the anime compared to the LN?

they covered the first LN already have they not?

what is further ahead plot wise? Anime or LN?

Anime passed up the LN like 3 or 4 episodes ago

Yeah, and you can see it when she has her back turned and is not wearing her jacket on. Is kinda baffling people would miss that.

Anime is already adapting yet unpublished material from the LN. So you don't have to worry about being spoiled.

She's not a back brace. It's a Miami Vice-style shoulder holster for her gun.

Either you are blind or you didn't pay attention. And just so you know, her breasts are this huge because she has Macromastia.

Shoulder holsters are also used for back pain, that's the point.

See pic. It's a shoulder holster.

Yes, but what we are talking about here? Holsters are used for CCW, and they are also used by people who have back pain problems. Ryo-tas fits the bill.

You can even see when she walks she always has her arms stretched out in identical position with the palms open. She does so she can keep her balance.

The one in the case of Touko seemed to have an electronic mechanism to open\close it.

The case of the casket is however a good point. But are we sure it wasn't Gamotan that opened them?

A shoulder rig that you use for back pain does not look like the kind that you use for carry. See pic.

> People use holsters for back pain problems.

The fuck are you talking about? Perhaps you mean some kind of brace that is certainly not a holster.

boosh

solid evidence that she killed the professor

It's strongly suggested Gamotan never moved away from his casket.
And then there's Sarai holding Myu's tea cup and Shun drinking stuffs from a cafe he has never been to, etc... I think we can safely say that they can interact with physical objects.

She uses that one for comfort. It eases her back pain and at the same time allows her to carry her gun. As a testament of how heavy her breasts are and how much of a toll it takes to her body, when she's about to lose balance/fall she has to perform the "Ultra C".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_C

The only reason she uses a shoulder holster is for confort so she can have her hands free, and at the same time it works as a way to ease back pain. It's funny, because if you take off the holster you are left with a normal back brace.

> El psy congroo
> Go back in time

What is his endgame?

Made me giggle.

Nothing. He's just a full blown otaku.

If she's in as much pain as you say she is, she wouldn't always be jumping about, causing them to bounce everywhere.
And you'd see pain and discomfort in her facial expressions, which you don't.

>tfw too scared to continue with the episode
Fucking hell I hate this.

im saying who ever is on gamon's keychain is this girl from the OP

This can be explained by the fact she keeps her body in shape by doing constant exercises. The first time Ryo-tas and Gamotan met, she was doing exactly that.

Regardless of if her back hurts or not, what is undeniable is that the weight of those makes it difficult for her to walk properly. As I explained, you can see several instances where she has her arms stretched out with the palms open as a way to keep her balance. And no wonder, she only weights a45kg. Her breasts must weight a good 5kg each.

There's no one in Gamontan's keychan. All the stuff in the OP is figurative, and is up to anyone to interpret what that is supposed to mean.

So this is the thing that killed Gamotan right?
Is it the guy who can project his 'soul' out of his body?

I'm fucking hyped for what sounds to be the best Kanako song next season.
youtube.com/watch?v=0JIJzmBip-o
And with how fast paced it is, I can't wait to see how chaotic the visuals are.

You mean Kiryu? Yeah, it's him. Ria doesn't call him 'Devil' for nothing.

He's described in his character profile as 'The Guide to the Afterlife'. So yes, going by this I think is safe to assume that was what killed Gamotan.