ITT: Great concepts that were executed poorly

ITT: Great concepts that were executed poorly

>isekai
>great concept

Have you knot played Kagetsu Tooya?

Charlotte.

It's a isekai deconstruction though.

>deconstruction

OPM's center concept (being overpowered is not the best thing ever) was done way better, and with better writing, in Mob Psycho.

No, it's a great concept but it only woks for 1 episode. Trying to reuse the same joke for 12 episodes is a fail execution.

I think the whole power thing Subaru had was really interesting and had potential to be sth great.
But the author decided to make it isekai

Reddit

Exactly, when I was watching Mob Psycho I couldn't stop thinking about how it was just a much better One Punch. The only think OPM has going for it is the better animation, and even that wasn't bad in Mob.

>Re:Zero
>poor execution
What the fuck am I reading.

ISEKAI means transported to different world and stuck there, that's all. It doesn't deconstruct nor it's bad SETTING.

>Having a save point ability
>Executable decently
It's fairly obvious that with this setup, the protagonist is bound to succeed particularly when he reaches the natural conclusion that being able to quickly reset scenarios allow for constant experimentation to get the best possible result every time.

>Isekaifags actually believe this

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:zero
>great concept

>harem isekai shit with edge
>great concept

No...

While theoretically true, RE:Zero doesn't ignore the psychological toll that could take on a person.

>Harem isekai shit
All of that came in the production though. The concept didn't affect that.

>Re:Zero
>Harem

Why are people still spouting this?

Horrible concept executed ingeniously, it should have been terrible but it was great instead.

It does and doesn't, it really only brang that up when it decided it needed it, otherwise Subaru has 0 depth, no matter how much you cry about how "he's just hiding it".
See Steins;Gate for an example of good character development in this situation.

Oh, shitposting-user is back at it again. Where have you been recently? I haven't seen you for a number of days now.

>everyone doesn't like my shitty haremshit is one person

>Harem
There's like two girls and only one really likes the MC. How is that a harem?

>natural conclusion
The sad thing is that you are right but Subaru doesn't seem to have come to that conclusion, at leats in the anime.
Most of the time he just goes on instead of resettign even though most of his friends are dead, then he just happens to die.
I really love the fcat that he killed himself once because when i argue he should have killed him self much more re:zero fags can't argue with "he just couldn't do it".
I really think this might be the worst execution of a timetravel story i've seen. Not because it made the least sence (it's probably in the top 10 though), but because they don't profit out of this setting.

I've seen that single image enough times to know its you

Your posting style is the same as well. Not to mention your filenames.

Naruto

Not even two. The other one is technically dead. So there's only one.

Who did write this caption so many error.

pic unrelated

it was best anime of the decade

>>>/reddit/

>Steins;Gate
SG had the better MC for sure, but if people are complaining about Re:Zero being harem shit with two girls then Steins;Gate was a horrendously bigger offender. The episodes that focused on the science stuff were great, just how the darker Re:Zero episodes were good, but it was still self-insert harem shit with an above average MC in the end.

>Killing himself numerous times

The author literally wrote an Echidna AU just to counter that argument and let me tell you, it doesn't end well. You can kill yourself a number of times sure but the repercussions have a butterfly effect. Even then the second arc displays exactly why Subaru doesn't loop back by killing himself unless its last resort. Subaru also stated himself that there is no use killing yourself and looping back a failed loop if you come back with no new information/empty handed like arc 4 showed.

I think you mean shitty concepts executed wonderfully.

How is Steins;Gate more harem the Re:Zero?
I think neither of them are harem, but steins;gate didn't even get into romance stuff that much and even when it did later it was pretty straight between only 2 people.
Re:Zero had a canon love triangle and some random girls, if they choose to include short scenes with for example that thief girl admiting to like subaru this would be just like SAO, luckily they didn't.

>Great concepts that were executed poorly
The OP

Re:Zero

>We need a story so for no reason at all lets just put the MC into the fantasy world

>MC is a piece of shit

>All the characters are bullshit or retarded

>Death means nothing

I honestly could go on but I have erased my memory of this show so that I can live in peace.

>if they choose to include short scenes with for example that thief girl admiting to like subaru this would be just like SAO

I've read the source material and not once have I seen this shit ever. The only girl that has ever confessed to him was Rem. With Rem winning before she died.

>Felt confessing to Subaru
>Ever

Except she belongs to Reinhardt

>Great series that was adapted poorly

IFIFY

>butterfly effect
Good thing this common plot device was never a big thing in the show.
Also your argument is pretty valid, but i'm talking about situations like subaru beign captured while rem is tortured or subaru actually asking the loli to kill him.
It would be completely logical to have some fast suicde tool like a poison because being not able to die is literally the only thing he should be afraid about.

Believe what?
>isekaifags
Are you retarded?

Read the last sentence maybe?

I don't understand if you mean previous or the last part of your sentence but I'll assume the last bit, also to inform you I'm not the user you were arguing about "S:G being more harem" before this, I just jumped in with my reply.

>luckily they didn't

What?

Not sure if we think about the same, but people gettign suspicious because subaru acted too familiar has nothing to do with the butterfly effect.
In the first arc the show went out of it's way to tell us that someone helped this girl and emilia got her pin from her, even though subaru wasn't with her.
I can't really think of anything that changed in the loops that wasn't easily explanied by subarus actions.

Also i admit that you probably have this show better in midn then me, but i won't rewatch it because i really didn't enjoy it so feel free to call me out on it when i forget something or make a mistake.

I really don't know if thats my fault but i don't know what's so hard to understand here...

I said that IF they included those scenes it would be like sao, BUT they didn't.

What i meant by this is, that it was pretty close to becoming harem but since they didn't have any other girl then rem being actually in love with subaru it's not harem.

To make it clear, i don't think this show was harem.

Well it wasn't really Subaru acting too familiar, but rather he got used to things. He tried being incompetent like he was during the first loop with the second loop in the mansion. But due to his new knowledge of how to take care of butler work Ram and Rem noticed he was holding back pretending to be a "newcomer" despite having the skillset to do a number of things.

>emilia got her pin from her, even though subaru wasn't with her.

That was a little hint of "there are some things you can never change" theme they have going on. There is a reason why Subaru is labeled as "someone who fights fate" as well, but let's just say, fate is the stronger power.

Also I forgot to add I deleted my prevous post because I noticed how spoiler-y it was so.

I really did wish the anime included his internal monologues and though processes.

It's the madokagelion of isekai.

Well I have no qualms then

I would say he does if only because a lot of viewers were really bad at picking up all the obvious shit it hits you over the head with about what kind of person (delusional gloryseeker who thinks he's in one of his LNs) he is and why he is the way he is (was a failure in his old life).

That's just a direct change caused by subarus actions.
The butterfly effect basically means that small actions you wouldn't even think about can have big reactions that are seemingly unrelated.

It's even named after the example of a butterfly fallping his wings causing a tornado somewhere else, the seemingly random nature is essential to this, people directly reacting to changes is not included.
Usually timetravel storys use this to having the charcters face unexpected change in a situation they thought they would know the outcome of, so the godlike power of timetraveling gets nerfed to a dangerous tool that could potentially destroy the planet if you step on a bug.

Like i said, i don't remember having any unexpected change in re:zero that wasn't directly caused by subarus actions.

The way the story is presented it seems like there isn't any depth to different action in the timeline, everything that chages has to be very clear for the viewer and small details won't come back to make a difference

Ah I see. Well then I'll have to agree with on that regard for the anime I guess, thought the series as a whole I cannot. Since every small action really does snowball into something big much later down since everything that happens in arc 1-3 reverberates through the rest of the story quite heavily.

>Not including what makes Subaru a Subaru

I am still mad

Animation.
It could be used a story about literally anything, and yet in Japan too often it focuses on some faggot MC and a bunch of schoolgirls interested on him, while here on 'murica it's full of anthropomorfized shit.

mfw people call re:zero a deconstruction when it has all the same tropes and cliches of the genres it "deconstructs"

>generic blank slate mc
>girls that love subaru unconditionally for no reason at all

So does Eva you kind of have to use a bit of what you're deconstructing to pick it apart.

But.

Subaru's really not that, he has his own personality which is why people got pissed when he did retarded shit instead of minmaxing. He also was carrying lots of baggage.

And if you payed attention you would've realized that her love wasn't unconditional and had to do with him being heroic and the only one who gave her validation but mostly heroism. She's also just as autistic as the MC down to her problems being her own fault but this is explored more in the novels.

Seriously do people just shitpost and watch in the background? There was an entire scene that shows both characters have a lot more going on called From Zero. She would have run away with him if it was unconditional.

There were two sort of instances I can think of, one major and one minor. The second loop, in fact the second arc in general if you're paying attention, in the mansion was exactly a mini-butterfly effect caused by him trying to perfectly replicate all the flags he set in his first loop. He ended up earning Ram's distrust by knowing too much and holding back fron work, and she noticed he was illiterate this time because of this. She forgot to tell Rem to back off which resulted in his death. Roswaal also decided to speak with him and he had a few other unexpected conversatios.

The other one was supposed to be the real ending of the third arc. Where his decision to help kill the whale led to Rem being put into a state of suspended animation by another archbishop. His checkpoint updated and now he has to deal with it.

The arc after the anime has another character that can detect witch stench and when Subaru loops his smell flares up. Unfortunately this draws their aggro when it didn't before and makes things more difficult.

The thing is Subaru himself is only going back a few days so while plenty of things do change it's not the effect you would see over years long time travel.

>re: tards defending flavor of the season anime
It's not a deconstruction
It's not a harem BUT having 2+ girls like him for no reason is really stupid.
Subaru is a retarded MC and even a toddler would quickly figure out how to abuse being able to go back in time is, even if you don't get to choose exactly when.

>thinking Re:zero is good
holy shit kill yourself nigger

At least bootgirl was very cute.

More girls should wear boots, it's cute.

>expected survival and guerrilla tactics
>got DBZ instead

Kancolle.

It's not for no reason. The reasons they all, MC included, fell in love were for the wrong reasons though and they probably wouldn't have if they weren't all maladjusted.

It also had to deconstruct some aspects of time travel. Really, whether you think that was well done is another story, but it's the same reason Shinji doesn't want to get in his robot. It's the idea that you'd have to be unfeeling, robotic, and maybe sociopathic to simply go along with it without flinching. Making him a top tier looper would defeat the whole point. In fact, the time looping was partially there to highlight how much of a fuck-up he is.

Anime as a whole

Eh, I dunno about Rem's love not being unconditional, more like he has learned to love her and despite all the shit she's got and given to him still does so its only natural that she does the same. If you think about it, both of them truly fell for each other when they both had their respective "From Zero" moments.

>having 2+ girls like him for no reason is really stupid.

Its like you never even watched the anime. Plus Emilia liking Subaru or Subaru liking Emilia is a walking spoiler in itself that has a lot of Witch fuckery. Rem on the other hand is more of a Pride and Prejudice thing going on with those two.

>even a toddler would quickly figure out how to abuse being able to go back in time is

Which he exactly does but doesn't end well. See On a related note is anyone having trouble posting? The site seems to be crashing.

>it's not a deconstruction but I still wanted my time leap power fantasy

Zero no Tsukaima, ruined by haremshit

>Abusing the time travel doesn't end well
Are you talking about that the universes he died in still go on?
That's not "not ending well" you fucking philosophical plebeian. If you're dead in that universe than it literally doesn't fucking matter as whatever happens after the fact is not your problem ever. Unless you're some retarded shounen MC who seriously thinks "I must save everyone in every universe ever" Oh wait that's exactly what subaru is.

More like
>Time travel keikaku bullshit that would make aizen blush is more interesting than generic isekai shit we got

Feel sorry for you not being able to enjoy a great anime, I hope insulting people will make you feel better.

No. He means there's an AU where he goes full minmaxer and becomes a monstrous sociopath who can't feel much anymore and uses people as set pieces. It's a put the cart before the horse thing because he simply won't let even minor mistakes go by like most humans have learned to do and his friends and allies fear/resent him.

>Isekai
>Good
Nope.

You should probably have gone with "Awful concepts done superbly", and change the picture from one of Re:Zero to one of Konusuba for maximum accuracy.

It's isekai deconstruction. That's why both authors are friends and are doing crossover (for real).

No it isn't. He wouldn't have let Crusch and Anastasia's men risk their lives if that were the case. Nor would he have given up.

oh hey look another bait thread

sage

>Rem on the other hand is more of a Pride and Prejudice thing going on with those two

This is the analogy I was looking for. Thank you user.

I really liked the Trigun universe, the concept of so advanced technology that seems like magic. Also the human colonization of universe, expansion through galaxy. It was clear that the planet was really far away and also it was in the far future. The technology was so advanced that the ones using it couldn't understand it and were calling it ancient. Was a real shame that anime was shit.

>Zero no Tsukaima, ruined by JC Staff
ftfy

>Unless you're some retarded shounen MC who seriously thinks "I must save everyone in every universe ever" Oh wait that's exactly what subaru is

>The topic Subaru brought up was about the trifling incident that happened just the other day.
>Wolgarms, which are demon beasts that live in the forest, had attacked the Roswaal mansion and the latest Alam village. It was an uproar in which victims could be had in an instant, but this incident miraculously ended with only several casualties.
>On the other hand of the incident, Subaru truly did have a lot of bitter experiences, but he didn’t bring that up.

>Several casualties

Sure.

>DBZ
>not Gundam