Also, new chapter is out.

Other urls found in this thread:

shiropro.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>new chapter is out
fucking finally

have they given a date for s2 yet?

Tuna and mayo

>“—With regards to Satou Kazuma-dono, your name has recently become famous in the capital you see? I heard that, you lent your aid to the fortress at the very front line, which had come under the leadership of Dustiness-sama, and led our forces to victory in a seemingly trifling series of battles. It is often said that; Carrying tact, cleverness, and a countless number of skills, is the leader, Kazuma-dono. Together, with the crusader, Dustiness-kyo, a lovely arch-wizard whom carries an amazing amount of magic power, and finally a plasterer, your group is an amazingly skilled party.”

Aqua best girl.

Not even an episode count.

>New chapter is out
What?

god dammit

Pretty good chapter, looking forward to seeing what kind of guy the prince of Elroad is.

can I have a link pls

nvm found it

>“Kazuma Kazuma, there were mandrake-like creatures copulating just now!”

>“W-, Where is it!? I want to see the mandrake as well!”

>“What you want to see aren’t the mandrakes but the copulation right? Not only do we have a noble lady who tried to amuse themselves with Kazuma, but we also have a member of royalty who’s a closet pervert. Will this country really be fine?”

LEWD

But they said that is in January.

Godess of walls

NANI?! I only started rewatching it for comfy and hype.

>Perhaps it had been playing dead until now, but in the instant that I was about to lay down the knife, the cabbage flew away and darted out the window.

>>“What you want to see aren’t the mandrakes but the copulation right? Not only do we have a noble lady who tried to amuse themselves with Kazuma, but we also have a member of royalty who’s a closet pervert. Will this country really be fine?”
Was this Megumin?

Yeah.

Aqua best cook.

Is released in January 11.
Thaey said it in october.

>that part where kazuma embarasses himself on a battlefield

>“My late grandfather died as he was inspecting the fields of the farm, when he was attacked by a large mob of crayfish. After that, I decided that I would no longer eat shellfish. So that’s why you can have my share, Aqua.”
>…………
>“Do you think you can deceive the eyes of a god? I know that when you were sent to the hospital after almost getting run over by the tractor, your grandfather jumped from his seat and rushed there you know? Also, didn’t you eat those snow crimson crabs a while back!?”
>“Like you’re one to talk! What do you mean by ‘I want to eat some toad’? After being eaten by toads so many times, how could you possibly be enthusiastic about eating it!?”
>Suddenly, we, who grabbed onto each other as we fought over who would take the food, felt an eerie presence from behind us.

I know we talk about this a lot already, but Kazuma and Aqua's relationship really is the best thing about this series.

On a side note, it's nice to see Aqua confirming that members of his family were worried about him. I know that "laughing at his death" thing might have been a slight exaggeration on Aqua's part. But it's still good to know that his grandfather rushed over to see him.

Also more and more mentions about Kazuma's homeland keep cropping up. I wonder if there is going to be a plot about the part members digging into his origins more or something?

>Iris has Excalibur
Godfucking dammit Aqua.

>Konosuba gets a season 2
>meanwhile, DanMachi gets NOTHING

Explain this.

One of my predictions for the ending is that Kazuma will get reincarnated into the real world with Aqua, Megumin and Darkness.

Konosuba is funny.

who gonna win the kazuma bowl and why is it iris?

Is Crayfish that bad or something?

There better be. Novel gets pretty repetitive imo.

I WANT TO FUCK MEGUMEME UNTIL HER ASSHOLE BLEEDS

Putting aside the fact that Megumin wins in the end, Eris and Megumin are the only two with a legitimate path victory.

KonoSuba is a well-written comedy that had an adaptation that was sent out to die, but a strong cast, good direction, and a shit season made it really popular.

Hence why a second season was immediately confirmed, since they were surprised by the response and they got quite a bit of flak for the 10 episode run.

It's not bad, it's just kind of a lame dish. Like there is barely any meat on a Crayfish to begin with.

It doesn't matter who wins, since no matter what Aqua and Kazuma are going to stick together like plastic glue.

>and a shit season made it really popular.
But winter was the best season of the year.

I hope they pump a but more budget into the next season, it was probably the best TV LN commercial last year (because Your name is a beast of its own).

>We had fought a fierce battle against the second cabbage. At another point, Iris had been ambushed by the onion that was one of the ingredients for the fried rice, her eyes had been burned to tears..
Fuckign Australia

>Reading the currently translated LNs to get ready for season 2
>mfw Chris's real identity

I know it was probably improvised by the author, but I never even thought of that.

Also, the next season will cover volumes 3 and 4 (with some parts of 1 and 2 left out for time), right? How are they going to work that cliffhanger?

I can see what you mean, but I think repetitive is a bit of a strong word. It certainly has a formula to it in a way, especially concerning their encounters with a Demon King general. But I think it's everything that happens outside those little boss runs that make this series special.

It's the little interactions in my mind that makes it enjoyable, plus the way the author ties everything together. I don't think I've seen a thread left hanging that hasn't been addressed in one way or another, which is more than I can say for a lot of other LNs.

But this volume and the last one has clearly been building up to something. I just don't know what, especially since the next volume is a Kommeko one. And I have no fucking clue how that is going to turn out.

>SEKKO
>DEEN saving anime TWICE
>some more shit
Sadly yes, but not by much.

>some more shit
Dagashi Kashi, BokuDake, Grimgar, Galko and Oji-san to Marshmallow were far from shit. I'd say the current season is probably the best candidate for worst season.

I do want to believe it's either Iris or Eris but it seems to be Megumeme. Though that doesn't really matter, Aqua and Kazuma are the true main characters in the series. As a couple or not, they are still quite attached

So is Megumin's cat supposed to be relevant or just a mascot character? Eight books in and it hasn't done jack.

I'm worried that the success of the first season on a threadbare budget will make the studio cut corners with the second one. Rather than see it as a work that succeeded despite it's flaws and production problems, I fear that they might take it as "the first season did great when we barely put anything into it, so we might as well do the same for the second!"

I really wouldn't put it past them to think about it in that sort of way.

It really wasn't improvised though, if you look back at her first appearance you can see hints about it. While she is smarter than Aqua, the girl is really, really bad at being subtle.

Dagashi kashi didn't really work as an anime and grimgar was almost killed by its songs.

>I know it was probably improvised by the author
There are some hints about that,so no.

Cat is the main focus of the Explosion spin-offs, which I suggest you read before reading volume 9. It is pretty relevant in that volume, but not in a major way.

I buy that.
If contemporary Japan were a JRPG,
>NEET - NEET - Chuuni - JAV
would be a decent party build.

>Aqua
>NEET
>not a (failed) NET idol

>“Chris said she was really busy. She said the senpai who took care of her in the past was pushing all sorts of troublesome matters to her. To handle these problems, she didn’t plan to come back. But she taught me detect traps and disarm traps which are necessary for dungeon exploration. Chris said the type of monsters in dungeons won’t change because of the seasons. That’s why I thought of going into one and giving it a try.”

I mean she made it pretty obvious as far back as the second volume. So I doubt it was improvised.

I agree with you there user. The OVA sorta proves it. People will still buy the anime no matter what anyways so there's no point for them to increase the budget

Vol. 9 (and the first explosion spin-off vol. 1-3) involve Chomusuke. It also looks like vol. 11 will given some hints in vol. 10 so far.

>Chris might be getting involved once again
>Dust has his own subplot
>Cat is complete and may reform into its goddess self again
>childhood friend has had increased mentions
>Darkness and Megumin have become increasingly curious about Kazuma's origins
>Demon King becoming increasingly desperate, and is specifically hunting for Aqua
>Kazuma shares his name with the current Demon King

I mean there's a decent amount of plot that the author has set-up for, so while the repetition is still there, I think we still have quite a bit to look forward to.

>grimgar was almost killed by its songs.
What killed Grimgar for me was the constant narration. Like seriously, we couldn't have a single scene of them just killing fucking goblins without the MC spouting off and describing every little thing.

I think the point was that Aqua was trying to get her special booze and Kazuma was trying to stop her from finding out.

I didn't read the WNs as they came out, but Chris' character as well as the ending were kind of all thrown together once she got a LN deal.

Though I'm thoroughly impressed with how her writing skills have developed over the course of a dozen or so volumes, especially given the quick release schedule.

The cat is actually best girl and best goddess of laziness and anger.

Everything regarding the demon king and such feels like a background. I agree, their day-to-day life is much more enjoyable to see, but thats the main problem: it gets repetitive in time. theres allways Aqua being lazy, Dorkness being all talk and Megumeme wanting to blow something. Its like they all stuck in the same versions of themselves and dont want to go out. Even this romantic line gets "same old, same old" expression already. They had some action at the start, but not now.

>Then, Megumin who climbed into the carriage next, moved her face closer to Iris’ and said.
>“Oi! How gutsy of you to take the best seat despite being a mere underling! Now, hand over the seat behind the driver that has the best view to me, or I won’t invite you to go play again!”
>“H-, How unfair of you! This and that are different problems! Besides, today, I’m not your underling, but a princess! An authority! I will not hand over the seat behind the driver. If you wouldn’t have it any other way, then I’m up for a fight as well!”

You know, with how easily Megumin gets jealous over other girls interacting with Kazuma, I actually find it kind of weird she's never been bothered by how much attention Kazuma gives Aqua.

Like it's pretty clear they don't like each other romantically, but I'd still think she would be annoyed by how close the two are.

I'm guessing this is a pic depicting Lalatina trying to drug Kazuma?

From what I know, the writing has definitely improved over the initial WN. And while it is relatively going over the same path, there has been a great deal of changes too.

Though I believe volume 9 was rushed (most likely to get it out to get a boost in sales from the anime), and you can kind of tell from the writing in that volume.

Honestly, it all gives off an expression of background story. Its here, but its not that relevant. Serves more to show off the characters relationship than anything.

Who is this?

Lalatina obviously, there isn't anyone else that dresses that slutty in the household.

that reminds me is this winter also going to be shit? please tell me yes that the competion won't deter sells for Konasuba?

Not even a PV too.

What pissess me off is that like last time, they are also running Rakugo at the same time. Yeah, I know Rakugo might be the more prestigious-mature-anime-for-mature-audience show, but fuck you for taking this series for granted DEEN.

LN sales are more important I think. Konosuba got huuuge boost in sales, and it even got included in that nips best LN poll (after 10 volume and four spinoffes)

*1. *1,417,661 Kimi no Na wa. (Kadokawa Bunko)
*2. *1,174,562 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
*3. *1,020,673 Sword Art Online
*4. *1,007,381 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
*5. **,711,154 Overlord
*6. **,602,256 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
*7. **,562,187 No Game No Life
*8. **,450,791 Monogatari Series
*9. **,449,192 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
10. **,435,482 Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu Series

Just going by the list I don't see anything too major that would completely dominate the season. I mean obviously there are some a lot of people are going to be watching, but nothing that would make KonoSuba be overlooked.

But the LN is really the most important thing to them, so they will likely be doing shit to promote the LN more than the anime itself.

Damn the illustrator really up her/his game.

This Darkness looks really charming.

I dunno about Japan, but it is your stereotypical redneck dish I think.

I wonder if that's a good thing though. They already got significant boos from the first season, so anybody that want to buy the LNs probably did. I predict we won't as major boost as the first season here.

If so, too bad, since that means third season (and seeing Iris animated) would be unlikely.

It's like saying you made a nice squirrel dish, not that it is bad necessarily, just that it isn't thought well of.

I understand Megumin but Eris? How?

Well as long as they don't fuck up best bro Vanir then I will be mostly satisfied. What I'm worried about with the second season is the possibility of them cutting corners due to season one's success, and them rushing to get to volume 5 to capitalize on Megumin's popularity.

I mean, they would be pretty stupid not to adapt that volume, but I just don't want to see more shit like they did with Wiz and Yunyun. Where they are like "look at this person we met but we're skipping over their actual meeting!".

I mean they already cut out Dust and his group, and the recent spin-off volume just showed he is more important than what was initially let on.

My bad. Been so long since I saw her I couldn't recognize her with her hair down.

I get the feeling that the Dust thing was a whim by the author. Lately they seem to have decided to change who Yun Yun was going to go out with. Plus it does set up more travel in the future.

The only girl he ever (albeit not fully seriously) chase. I mean he said that he consider her to be the true main girl and such.

>“Between Chris and Eris, which one do you like?”
>“I like both.”

>“No. I wasn’t confessing. It’s just stating my plain preference… The tomboyish boss and the soothing Lady Eris. I felt neither should be given up… Ah! If Chris and Eris could be swapped back and forth daily, it would be like dating two people at the same time! That’s Lady Eris for you. You’re so awesome to be able to make a solo harem. Please go out with me…”

>“Even with your back turned towards me, I know. You are blushing so hard that even your ears are red. Eris-sama is really cute. Marry me?”

While he is attracted to Darkness it is mainly from a physical standpoint.

On the other hand he is really attracted to Eris, and he was pretty damn happy once he realized Chris and Eris were the same person.

Plus Eris herself isn't all that against the idea, at least in the WN if I recall correctly.

I have slight tiny hope from the fact that they haven't announce how much episode we're getting, that we'll get two cour show. A split cour maybe.

We need 12 episodes this time dammit

Illustrator is a chick. You can check her media tab on Twitter, other than her work it's all cute stuffed toys and food with her purse in the background.

More than that if they want to hit vol. 6.

I mean come on, they are pushing Iris in all recent material (Vanir spinoff, new Explosion spinoff, Vol. 10) it doesn't make sense that they won't animate her, it would be dumb to waste this chance.

Two cour please.

>“In my case, I probably have two secrets that I’m keeping from you, Megumin… Also, I have a secret that I share with Kazuma as well.”
>“Oho? Is that a challenge to me? Is that a challenge? Fine, recently, it’s been quite an eyesore to see that man cast lecherous gazes towards his companions anyway. Come at me anytime!”
>“W-W-W-, Wait a second, that’s not what I meant!

How much do you want to bet that Chris is going to make slip the marriage joke sometime in the future, and Megumin will flip out?

Eh someone pointed out on last week thread that he/she has a man hand. So, I'm not sure.

>A fucking wall

>shiropro.com/
The illustrator is definitely a girl, and she has quite the fetish for white/silver haired characters to say the least.

Also unrelated, but she has also tweeted about the Sugoi Japan award thing. And KonoSuba is in the list.

I just want more Eris/Chris centric volume.

By my calculation we had:
3(7) Megumin volumes (vol. 11 + 4 spinoffes)
2 Darkness volumes.
2 Iris volumes (+ Vanir and New Explosion Spinoff)
1 Aqua volume
1 Eris/Chris volume.

Damn megumeme.

As I recall the old translator stopped translating this. Did we suddenly get a new one or something? Not asking for links. I can find things on my own.

People who draw for a living typically have fucked up hands.

We'll have 26 episodes
Source: My father (he works for DEEN)

I'm also suprised to know that she's also the illustrator for Akashic Record. Looks like it had more lewder illustration than Konosuba too.

Huh, Konosuba is surprisingly PG.

No wonder yunS is also translating that one too.

Eris is the ideal of a women Kazuma has envisioned, and he's said as much on more than one occasion.

But Eris embodies these ideals to an extreme, and given Kazuma's nuanced personality and actions in the series they may well not be as perfect a couple as he may believe.

Megumin is shown to understand his contradiction as a character even if he doesn't realise it fully yet, which is why she'll win the Kazumabowl.

NOOOOOOo

10 episodes was good as that allowed them to drop shit LN chapters

>1 Aqua volume
I think this is the only series where I want to see more of the first girl than the other heroines.

Like fuck, throw it together with an Eris romance plot or something, just give me more Aqua focused shit.

>10 episodes was good as that allowed them to drop shit LN chapters

Fuck you, more episodes is allows better. And dungeon exploration with Aqua was one of the best chapters in the early volumes, and it set up for the eventual introduction of best devil Vanir.

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to hit volumes 3,4, and 5 even with only 13 episodes.

Of course I'd love more time dedicated to these chapters if possible, but I don't think we see a S3 unless Megumin/Vanir get some screen-time to move their respective spin-offs.

>10 episodes was good as that allowed them to drop shit LN chapters
>Fuck you, more episodes is allows better.

No that guy, and I generally agree with you, but vol. 3 is boring as fuck, Darkness's arrange marriage crap (which will happen again in future volume mind you) is mindblowingly boring.

If the second season only had 10 episodes or such, I hope they won't spend too much episodes for vol. 3. Three episode max would be more than enough.

Yeah I can agree with you there, volume 3 was a bit of a low point since it mostly does the job of setting up minor details for future volumes. So they can definitely pick and choose details from there.

Most important is Yunyun and Vanir being properly introduced, and I guess Darkness' marriage meeting for comedic reasons. Everything else is mostly forgettable.

I'd rather they revisit some of the shit they skipped in vol. 1-2 than dedicate unnecessary time to the slow parts of 3-4.

Still waiting on a proper Dust introduction

Yeah, they haven't mentioned anything about Keele right? Even Dust and co and Wiz have been somewhat introduced.

They need Keele for Vanir.

Still pisses me off how they ruined Yunyun.

>“…For real, what’s up with you? Despite your usual attitude, could it be that you actually long for me? Well, it’s regrettable for you, but recently I’ve had a good feeling with a certain girl. As a forthcoming and honest man, I cannot allow myself to step any further. Sorry about this, but please give up.”

Oh shit!

INT under average is for suffering.

Is Trashzuma more loyal than Subaru?

I fell that scumzuma might turn to be quite the predator once his complex from his childhood friend is fixed.

Honestly, Aqua was way more useful for BUILD WALL than anything priestly that last boss battle.

It was refreshing to see Kazuma being respected.

Vol. 6 was not fun at all to read until he put on the mask.