This is Space Battleship Yamato now

>This is Space Battleship Yamato now
What went wrong?
Leiji Matsumoto is rolling in his grave.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSF2mvtjDYU
youtube.com/watch?v=SMD_BqsYFSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's not dead...

I can't wait for them to do it to LoGH

This. LoGH lacked sexy waifus and didn't have enough female characters in general.

Lazy Matsumoto is rolling over on his couch

>Leiji Matsumoto is rolling in his grave.

Matsumoto could only draw one sameface for girls anyway.

Don't joke about this, user.

Brown +white hair always is best

Don't forget the red eyes.

>joke

I hope you look forward to female Mashengo, Dusty, Cazelnu, Bucock, Mecklinger, Wahlen, Mittermeyer. Maybe even Bittenfield.

No character from the original Yamato crew was gender-bent, though.

I can see it now being praised by "critics" and "news outlets" as being progressive and better than the original.

It was good. Great, even. It could be because of those changes or in spite of them, it doesn't really matter - in the end I think they produced a great series that didn't insult my intelligence. That's the bottom line.

It would be funny if one of the original book reviews wasn't "It doesn't help that Tanaka's nearly 35-year-old plot has aged rather poorly; with its overwhelmingly male-dominated story and shallow female characters, it's hard to find a place for this series among today's more nuanced SF."

Comparing with today's industry they were really considerate with the original material...it was a great series

I agree. I think they did a good job keeping the old-school vibe especially the OP. youtube.com/watch?v=mSF2mvtjDYU

Wow, sounds like something straight out of Kotaku. I bet you're a fucking writer there.

That's a real quote from a real review. Not Kotaku though surprisingly.

There's nothing wrong with it. The female characters all added into the plot and are not just there for fanservice.

Please explain what the two on the right added

Susceptibility to mind control without compromising potential for trust in someone important.

Female Yang would legit make my dick diamonds

come on, every spaceship needs a radio talk show

I eagerly await "strong black woman who don't need no man" Rubinsky.

You're joking but the manga already did that. The author got so tired of drawing dudes that she made Rubinsky a bald black woman.

I know, that's what I was referring to.

Those two weren't a major part of the main plot, aye, but I feel that they're there to add more personality to the crew, make the ship feel more alive and not just fill with a bunch of faceless characters who act as fodder.
Anyway, Miki serve as vessel for Yurisha and Makoto is just addon to Dr. Sado.

>Every girl has a different face
What is this heresy?

You forgot female Reinhard.

Wow. Both the new opening and the old one sucks. It's a bit better the new one, but still sucks.

This, should've had an OP by Ali Project

Nurse was a cutie.

It's another Sup Forums finds more dumb arbitrary reasons to hate largely well received anime thread

This remake was better than if he had done the remake himself.

That said, this remake was inferior to the original, except in the tiddies and ass department

Sup Forums is not a hivemind.

LoGH is getting the Yaoi-bait fujoshi makeover

HAH

No it's just basically the Sup Forums of anime boards and has a mind boggling ratio of absolutely terrible threads full of shitposting to halfway decent ones where people can keep from wanting to all but murder each other over nothing for an hour two.

1. The women in the original were sexualized as much as the women in 2199

2. 2199 is MUCH better than the original. Have you even watched it?

I think we can abandon the pretense of where this thread is going to go if it ends up lasting any length of time at this point.

The gamilian they took in was male.
Even if he didn't have any lines or even a name.

>1. The women in the original were sexualized as much as the women in 2199

no

>2. 2199 is MUCH better than the original. Have you even watched it?

it's not.

2199 has better sexualization of the girls. You watch 2199 for the girls, you watch the original for Analyzer.

Misaki was quite relevant in adding moral comfort to the crew via her radio talk show and messages to families, as well as being the temporary vessel to Yurisha who helped the crew escape literal mindfuckery. She also has quite the cute romance with one of the crew members who saved everyone from a mutiny. All in all, it is fair to say her role did add to the show. The nurse also was relevant in medical aid for many moments throughout the show (which apparently is meant to replace Yuki's uncanny role as a nurse in the original series), as well as being married to one of the ace pilots at the end of the voyage to signify the beginning of a new dawn for mankind. Nobody really felt out of place in the show, but I can't defend the same for the movie, unfortunately.

This.

>no lines

CHAIRMAN DESSLER BANZAI

Very well, that's one. Though you also forgot to mention he was only there for a single episode and didn't end up becoming heavily involved in the plot later on.

Analyzer is better in the remake, be serious.

Are you fucking kidding me

mentioned one, who else is there?

SHIT TASTE, GET AWAY FROM ME

Well, they're different characters, but when you have a female pilot called Yamamoto and the original pilot Yamamoto is nowhere, it's basically genderbending, even if they have different first names.

You'd be correct in saying that no main character was genderbent though, but Yamamoto did have a couple of lines in the original, even if his biggest role was in the sequel.

The female nurse in 2199 was originally a male pig owned by the male doctor. The science officer was originally a guy, so was: There's loads more too, there's a fucking image floating around with all the changes.

2199 is shit for sidelining Analyzer so hard.

>What went wrong?

The focus of Space Battleship Yamato changed. Leiji Matsumoto didn't want the sexy waifu story line empasized so much and got into disagreements with the production committee. As a result, lawsuits happened over ownership and artistic direction of the Space Battleship Yamato franchise. Note carefully that the author Leiji Matsumoto lost control of the work to the corporate IP manager.

So while he didn't die, he was already rolling around in anguish.

Corporations own. Authors moan. And fans fap to the girly chars because most fans don't really care all that much about the story so as long as there is some story to support the waifu merchandising.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes could be improved with a female cast conversion just like Space Battleship Yamato. Admiral Yang The Magician could actually have some magical powers and that would allow additional merchandise and toys to be sold.

Sexy Kircheis Izetta and Fredericka Finé Reinhardt can have a sexy plot going all the way to episode 26. The first cour of 13 episodes could start with the catchy "Good Morning! Empire!" song. Happy days are here again and we're off to war against those nasty free market yankies. They got the name yankies because they resembled monkies yanking their scholongs all day long. Thus they were named after their main activity.

Picture: Fans made various story videos featuring Admiral Yang commanding kancolle ships. He became the face of the admiral in those stories.

If you think the retarded and unresolved romance subplot with Yuki was better than this there's clearly something wrong with you.

Let's be honest, it's a huge improvement.

Yuki is actually pretty non-Matsumoto in character design, the 2199 makes her look more like traditional Matsumoto designs except with BOUNTIFUL curvature.

>unresolved and retarded

It was resolved and amazing. Anaylzer does as it pleases, he's a complete limpdick in the remake and devoid of any personality except the usual trudged out "robot" storytell.

Pic related, Analyzer SUNBATHING with his bros

She was a good tomboy too. She should've been the pilot in that one episode where Kodai and the blonde one whose name escapes me at the moment come back and find the Yamato disabled.

>The focus of Space Battleship Yamato changed. Leiji Matsumoto didn't want the sexy waifu story line empasized so much and got into disagreements with the production committee. As a result, lawsuits happened over ownership and artistic direction of the Space Battleship Yamato franchise. Note carefully that the author Leiji Matsumoto lost control of the work to the corporate IP manager.

He wasn't the sole creator of Yamato though. He was just a designer that also gave some suggestions for story concepts, but it was never a solo work from him - or even one that started from him.

Heck, his biggest story contribution (Mamoru/Harlock, who was entirely created by him) ended up removed from the original anime due to the episode cut, later on debuting as a franchise of its own.

I sincerely hope this is pasta.

A recent work by Matsumoto called Great Yamato featuring an updated Yamato had to be renamed Great Galaxy due to legal issues with Nishizaki. As of 2009, Matsumoto and Nishizaki were working on independent anime projects featuring the acclaimed Space Battleship Yamato, with the conditions that Matsumoto cannot use the name Yamato or the plot or characters from the original, and Nishizaki cannot use the conceptual art, character or ship designs of the original. Since Nishizaki's death in 2010, Nishizaki's ownership of the series went on to his oldest son as well as distribution rights to another company.

>So while he didn't die, he was already rolling around in anguish.

Look at anything new and recent Leiji has done or pretty much ANYTHING that isn't part of the foundations and core to the leijiverse (original works like Space Pirate, 999, Queen Millennium etc).

They're absolutely shit. They retroactively make prior works worse through their plot hooks. It was a good thing that Matsumoto lost control over 2199, because even if it was heavily fanserviced and a lot of characters watered down (Dessler), XEBEC is able to work fanservice good.

More like /m/ crossboarder.

Literally who cares?

>He was just a designer that also gave some suggestions for story concepts, but it was never a solo work from him - or even one that started from him.
Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

>Yas - Gundam
>Kawamori - Macross

>Literally who cares?

Stop being fucking retarded, he was answering a question.

Idiot.

>Space Battleship Yamato 2199
>What went wrong?

It's just the girls that wore skin tight bodysuits as their everyday crew wear. The men didn't do that.

Picture: SBY 2199 bodysuit so tight it separates the ass cheeks as the girls move around

>It's just the girls that wore skin tight bodysuits as their everyday crew wear. The men didn't do that.

Is this supposed to be a negative point?

I don't get it.

In the future, women's everyday wear are designed to pander to every male in existence. Also, every women is sexy. Yes, even that chubby one.

How the hell could this possibly be a complaint?

Just to clarify, there's also characters like pic-related who wear a loose uniform.

How dare you assume there are no lesbians in the future. Fucking bigot

Everything from the crotch and up is as tight as any of the other suits.

Is this more to your fancy then?

That's kind of cute, espically Miki.

Misaki ain't too bad either.

Aye, that's not bad. Leiji style girls are very cute, it's probably the eyes

Why, this is not the same as adding girls to a series because of equalty and inclusiveness.

The girls they add will probably be 100% eyecandy/waifubait, i used to hate it a few years ago because i had a large stick stuck up deep inside my ass.

So check your ass to see if you have something up there that is keeping you from enjoying cute girls.

That's part of the issue. Females exist to be molested by Analyzer.

The original had a SINGLE bridge bunny pleasure all the men in the ship during their intergalactic travels. Having more girls to reproduce with is realistic.

He's not dead.

What has Leiji even done recently other than that Ozma shit?

poor fucker.
tie magnets to him = free pwr for all.

Is a fairly good remake, just that the women do something besides looking good. In the original they were just for the showing.

all of our ancestors are rolling in their graves

He's not dead, you idiot.

>What went wrong?
Absolutely nothing.
Looking forward to S2.

Reminder that skintight bodysuits are the future of spacewear.

>what went wrong

You mean what went right?

That's not a makeover, it already had a shoujo aesthetic typical to that time anyway

I blame Macross

>just that the women do something besides looking good. In the original they were just for the showing.
In that case the OG is more realistic, since that's pretty much how it is with women in the workforce on our world anyways.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMD_BqsYFSA

Leiji Matsumoto? More like "Lazy Matsumoto".

Do you guys think he will ever write a good manga? I don't think so.

The real force behind Yamato was Nishizaki.

>whole season of this

MUH

I demand douijins

Look at how hairy she is, they really are Space Mongols. I wonder how many Gatlantian characters we'll actually see.