Ah, he's just a faggot.

Because she's worst girl.

>be asuka
>want snuggles
>get strangles

>be an insufferable bitch to everyone
>get strangles
Justice does exist.
No, I'm kidding. She deserved better but, hey, maybe if she wasn't a tsundere twofaced bitch she could have got better.

>tsundere twofaced bitch
It's not like she had an easy childhood, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=v7LBggDKEtM

Is she the best tsundere character ever written?

She was being a bitch as per the usual and Shinji popped a gasket

The thing is, you're justified to be upset if bad shit happened to you, but don't expect sympathy if you treat other people like shit in turn. If you're being a bitch for any reason other than that the person deserved it, you need to calm the fuck down. Still, I guess she lost faith in humanity and thought appealing to other people would be a fruitless venture. I guess she was right.

If she was so hopeless about humanity then why did she come back from TANG?
Check mate, atheists.

She wanted Shinji all to herself.

Yeah, that makes sense.
But then, if she loves him so much then why is she such a bitch?

She was a complete bitch to him but it's Asuka and I wouldn't wanted her any other way.

Her persona's all about pretending at maturity to elevate herself above her insecurities. Shinji is a little boy, he doesn't recognize the invitations she makes to rise to the level she isn't really on herself, and lowering herself would be admitting she's still that same vulnerable little girl.

Childhood traumas and fears are often manifest themselves as fetishes in adults. Fear and sexual arousal are tied very closely together, resulting in such fetishes as bondage.

In Asuka's case, her trauma revolved around her mother strangling her, and this left a deep impression in her psyche, which guided her every move and action.

The brash, brazen, and boastful Asuka was all a subconscious manifestion of her hidden desire. It was her way of getting what she truly wanted.

Getting desperate, she tried to telegraph this more deliberately to Shinji, when she forcibly kissed him and held his nose shut, but became more aggravated than ever when he didn't get her message.

Shinji only finally realized what Asuka had been seeking the whole time once he entered her mind and saw a fight they once had, but it ended differently in Asuka's head. He, for the first time, saw what Asuka had been after the whole time.

When he is born again on the shores of the red sea, Asuka is beside him, and he rolls over and wraps his hands tightly around her neck, and she caresses him gently, for finally providing what she had longed for all this time.

This pasta is already stale. Fuck off.

Because realizing her mom was in her Eva restored her faith in humanity. Her mom was the source of her issues, and this helped her resolve them.

ya

>implying I don't just rewrite it every time

She's the only good one ever written because her character actually has believable reasons for her behavior, and it isn't portrayed as a good thing to be bitchy. I feel bad now that I ever hated her when I was younger. Watching EoE last January helped.

Because she loved to be dominated by beta males.
She's into guro I bet.

Kill yourself namefag.

I'm just joking.

Why did she come back next to Shinji considering she hates him?

See (the pic related)

Being an Asukafag is suffering

Asuka luuvs shinji

She doesn't hate "him", her ego was built up around being a pilot, seeing someone whom she thought was weaker than her mentally do a better job frustrated her. She also was bitchy to him because she was bitchy to everyone, and having to live in close quarters with someone who frustrated her tripled the effect. It's also probably due to stockholm syndrome, Shinji was a familiar person to her now and likely one of the few people she'd ever known for an extended period of time. Also, because she spent so much time thinking about how Shinji frustrated her, she ended up thinking about Shinji alot, and thus Shinji became a very prevalent part of her thoughts and life. Shinji became a source of comfort for her.

Still was a bitch though. Unlike based Rei Ayanami.

They all were pretty fucked up though, which makes me wonder if one of the prerequisites of being a good Eva pilot is having deeply seated issues.

Asuka is attracted to Shinji that it pisses her off.

>>/evageeks/

Some of it is cultural, too. She calls out meaningless apologies and nothing offends her as fast as graciously ignoring her barbs, she reads it as stuck-up condescension.

Wasn't that train scene just a dream? I was thought that scene was just Shinji imagining Asuka saying that.

>Also, because she spent so much time thinking about how Shinji frustrated her, she ended up thinking about Shinji alot, and thus Shinji became a very prevalent part of her thoughts and life. Shinji became a source of comfort for her.

I just finished watching the anime, but I don't recall this. I thought her asking to kiss Shinji was about her pretending to be an adult. Is it different in the manga? I haven't read any of the manga to be honest, it sounds non canon.

Best Asuka doujin?

To see if she's the real deal, and for her to acknowledged his existence

I thought it was because he was a better pilot that it pissed her off?

The one where the rapist is a disgusting slob and she's wearing the 2.0 suit, and she's not actually Asuka, just a girl that looks like her. Someone find it, I'm sure one of you fucks know which one I'm talking about. It's fucking amazing.

Porque no los dos?

But why strangling of all things?

nah, Toji was there too, in the next car

he doesn't get to be in the car with the main pilots

Because it mirrors the release Shinji had at the beginning of EoE when he masturbated over her in the hospital. The chocking/masturbating is used to perfectly mirror how Shinji feels about her, he's attracted to her but at the same time wants to strangle her. It's all about the feeling of release he gets from it. Theres more to it than that but thats my thoughts

who could resist?

Kill yourself.

Do you like Anima?

no

What, you didn't like it? The fat slob is kinda offputting, but Asuka is hot enough in it to compensate I thought.

She's happy now.

a perfect neck to strangle.

I haven't read whatever doujinshi you're talking about. It sounds like shit.

see

He strangled her while in tang because he was faced with the truth of who he is. A scared boy who selfishly wants to be loved by others, but never truly loved anyone because of hedgehogs. He strangled her on the beach to check if she's real. Maybe to face rejection again, because feeling rejected means AT-fields are intact and all. But instead, she accepts him tho and that breaks him down. How disgusting.

it was in his mind, she frustrated him to the point he wanted to strangle her.

Later on the beach he still tought it was the same asuka from his mind but he began to weep when it turned out to be the real one - because she was alive! - and gave her kindness to him. He broke.

also she is afraid of being rejected.

Except when it came to Kaji, Shinji was just a vessel to feel like an adult. She doesn't love him.

She my not love him, but is attracted to him. They need each other but can't reach each other
The reason she was attracted to Kaji was because she wanted to feel like an adult being with him, or she saw a person who wouldn't hurt her in him cause he's what she wants to be herself a confident adult, or she just knew he can't be close to her and he was a "safe game" (notice how she behaves around him, like a child) or he's just a hottie and her hormones kick in.

Bad argument, in Eva every girl is worst girl.

Wrong

>he likes the doll

Who wouldn't?

wet children and c freak I think its called

>he never had the desire to strangle a huge bitch to shut her up for good.

Why anything in Eva desu 90% of facts are fan made anyway

Think I spent too much time here. I'm starting to see which user is which, or having the illusion thereof.

Why is there always one half of empty space when Asuka is in the frame? Is it supposed imply her emptiness or is it just Anno playing around with composition?

Because bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks.
Dump them and a qt alien boy will suck your dicks.

There was a sexual tension between Shinji and Asuka but Shinji loved pre suicide Ayanami.

Asuka was the most disfunctional character in the whole series. Shinji was bad but at least he was somewhat honest and was open to people trying to comfort him.

>but Shinji loved pre suicide Ayanami
He didn't love either of them. He only ever said he loved Kaworu.

shinji luuvs asuka

Nope, he loves Kaworu. Never once did he say he loved any other character besides Kaworu.
You should watch the show sometime, user.

Love or not, it's important to note that his attachment to Kaworu was because Shinji basically just wanted some free affection. He didn't want to have to work for it or put anything in on his end. Kind of understandable for a boy in his position but hardly healthy.

Shinji luuuuvs asuka

Wrong, because he started blushing at Kaworu the minute he saw his face.
Even before Kaworu had the chance to be nice to him or give him affection.

Shinji thought he was hot, the kindness was just a bonus.

And it's really one of the healthiest relationships Shinji has in the show, one of the only ones in which he can feel genuinely happy for once.

Not according to the show or the director. Sorry.

shinji luuuuvs asuka

I can't wait to see the look on your face when final hits.

I don't know what will occur in rebuild, but I suspect it will be just like the original where shinji luuvs asuka

>just like the original
Kaworu winning the Shinjibowl and Asuka getting speared to death like usual, then.
Looking forward to it.

Kaworu is introduced late in the show. By that point Shinji is royally fucked up.

Not even death stops asuka from luuving shinji

We're using basic physical attraction as a measure of emotional attachment now? Because Shinji fapped to Asuka in a hospital that one time, among other things.
>And it's really one of the healthiest relationships Shinji has in the show, one of the only ones in which he can feel genuinely happy for once.
Yes and no. My take at least is that Shinji was just attaching himself to a source of what he needed, which was love and affection. The problem is that this isn't a normal human relationship. This is lazy and satisfying but lacks any real meaning. He doesn't have to understand somebody else or deal with his and other people's problems, he just gets a drip-feed of the emotional support he desires.
I don't think anybody will be happy with 4.0, whatever form it takes.

>it's Kaworufags vs Asukafags episode
Fuck I'm dying again
The only true Shinji is ending Shinji who grows up and understand what it means to be human, you fags, so no more "I-I love you Ikari-kun although I met you today and hurr durr"
Shinji gets it that true love must be achieved through pain and suffering and only if you can fight your fear for the sake of comforting the person you love it can be considered true
So go fuck yourself with your shipping
>b-but m-muh interviews
Anno's trolling you

Shinji was fucked up since childhood. So was every other character.
Kaworu is the one who saved him and put a smile back on his face, even if only for a brief while.

>We're using basic physical attraction as a measure of emotional attachment now?
Not at all, but you're the one that said his attachment to Kaworu is because of him giving him affection. But Shinji was attached to him even before he gave him affection.
Shinji creepily waiting for him after the sync test, remember? He was intrigued by Kaworu and wanted to get closer to him of his own volition.
The only other person he's done this with before was Rei.

Regardless, unlike with Asuka, Shinji doesn't see Kaworu as just a piece of flesh fuckmeat. That's why it's genuine love and Anno makes that clear.

>Shinji was just attaching himself to a source of what he needed, which was love and affection
But you can't argue this when Shinji was attaching himself to Kaworu even before he gave him those things.
If you'll remember the first scene they meet, Kaworu is actually quite rude to Shinji. He tells him to be aware of his position. The last time someone told him that was Misato, and don't you remember how frustrated and mad at her he got?
Yet he blushed when Kaworu said it.

Furthermore, Kaworu broke his heart, broke his trust, just like his father did - according to Shinji's own words during the battle scene.
And even after Kaworu's betrayal, completely destroying Shinji's feelings, what happens?
Shinji still tells Misato he loves Kaworu. And then he says it again in the next episode.
And in EoE Kaworu represents love in his heart.
Even after a betrayal so cruel that Shinji compared Kaworu to Gendo.

So you can't argue that it was based on a deal of free affection. Because that's not what Shinji got.

Shinji just fell in love with Kaworu normally. Plain and simple.
Read any interview with Anno and he confirms this.

>the only eva pilot to actively kill humans with full knowledge and control over her actions
>just prior to this show her descending in the eva
What did anno mean by this

Exactly. Kaworu was an unconditional pleaser. Far from normal behaviour.

......ASUKA LUUUVS SHINJI.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Does Asuka stroke Shinji's face because she's overcome her issues with strangling/her mother?

The only one shipping is the Asucuck crackshipper.

Stating Shinji loves Kaworu isn't shipping, Shinji says it himself three times in the show you fucktard.
If you're triggered by the canon show just fuck off.

Evangelion is the strongest argument I've ever seen for death of the author. Especially when it's apparent that an author is going out of their way to mess with people or otherwise changing their opinion on what they may have initially intended.

Because she acts like a complete bitch and doesn't make any sense. Shinji can't figure out what the fuck her deal is and he was at a breaking point already from everything else. She needs to stop being so confusing.

see

It's more a show of understanding. If only for a brief moment, Asuka gets Shinji and shows it in a way that isn't destructive or otherwise counterproductive.

Kaworu's a filthy faggot
Shinji's a pussy faggot
What was the point of one episode fagboy character? For Anno to fap?

Shinji's love for Kaworu is genuine, because Shinji still continues to love him even after he betrayed him and broke his heart more than his own father (who he hates).

If Shinji was only attached to Kaworu for the free affection, he would have stopped loving him the minute Kaworu stopped giving him that affection. Yet he didn't.
He repeats he loves Kaworu several times throughout the show.

Anno made Kaworu to be the Kaji to Shinji's Misato.
And like Kaji, Kaworu is smug and mysterious, and must die due to the hands of SEELE.

>MY ASS IS LITERALLY A PENIS RIGHT NOW
Every time

Anno based Kaworu off of his faggotry for Ikuhara.

Episode 24 is basically his self-insert fanfiction with him as Shinji and Ikuhara as Kaworu.
The bath scene is even based off of a time they took a bath together during a Sailor Moon retreat.

Asuka is a badass

You seem to have misunderstood me somewhere. I'm not really trying to argue if Shinji loved Kaworu or not. I'm just discussing the reason for his attachment. For the majority of his fairly brief appearance, Kaworu basically piles the warmth on Shinji. Shinji, being a broken fucking person by that point, clings to it.
>Anno makes that clear.
Anno says a lot of fucking things, user. If your argument is that a year or ten years or however long later Anno said something, it's not an argument worth making. If he wanted to say something it would've been in the media he created, not an interview after the fact.