Vivid Strike!

We've finally gotten to the hardcore hand holding.

Also, Ron's Vivid BD release is out:
>[ron] Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid (1080p BDRip Hi10 FLAC)
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=877343

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=19rs7PM10xc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Soon.

Thanks.

Dawwwww.

smug

;_;

All of this build. I'll be upset if we don't get a double K.O. resolution.

Victor laying down the law.

They see your ____

Anyways, pretty gud fight so far. But next episode is the real deal and where most of the budget was used.

Fuuka

I want to marry Rinne, make her stop hating herself and get her to start smiling. But it takes a lot more than just simple dickings to fix girls as emotionally damaged as she is.

I almost dropped this shit when Rinne jobbed to Vivio, but if she jobs to Fuuka I will drop it instantly and will loose all interest in this franchise completely.

It's the same thing as Nanoha Vs Fate in the first season. It's what the franchise is built on.

That hit me a bit. I really want to protect and hug Rinne-chan. To return those blissful days.

I liked how Jill almost said that while she would wish Rinne a victory, she prays for her to loose for greater good.

You have been arrested by the TSAB on (hopefully) false charges of being a lolicon and owning lolicon related goods. You go to trial and see that this is the jury you will be facing.

What do you?

Great scene, but I can't help but think about how much better it would have been in a less controlled environment without the peanut gallery.

>Rinne jobbed to Vivio
But Vivio was the better fighter.
Rinne's entire fight strategy was "take hits until I can hit them back and hopefully I win".

I just want to hold her and tell her everything will be okay

Bullshit.

Vivio is a weak martial artists that relies on technique. Rinne was supposed to be a natural genius martial artist with insane power, speed AND technique. How that fight SHOULD have played out was Vivio getting KO'd the moment Rinne landed a good combo on her. That fight was total horseshit and nothing but a job.

And now here is RInne getting knocked around by FUUKA who just fucking STARTED martial arts 4 months ago. Absolute bullshit, Rinne has one-shotted way more experienced and trained martial artists within fucking SECONDS.

Jobbing to Vivio is one thing. Jobbing to FUUKA? I will drop this shit at lightspeed.

Yeah, that was a really well done scene - probably my favorite single scene of the season. I also thought Yui Ogura's performance was quite good. She doesn't often get to do those raw emotional scenes and did wonderful job.

The OST is so good. I want it.

And tsundere Fuuka is kawaii.

Well, on the plus side there will only be 1 or 2 more episodes after 10, so if Rinne wins you won't have ended up missing very much anyway.

>Implying Fuuka isn't going to be eating dirt next episode

Them.

Fuuka knocked Vivio out of the ring in the first episode, with no actual training whatsoever. Einhart wouldn't have personally scouted her if she weren't a complete monster.

Rinne by comparison has a lot of raw power but doesn't seem to have much actual skill in fighting at all. I wouldn't be surprised if she's in a Hayate type position, or she's more naturally suited to beamspamming.

You're taking character ignorance at face value too much. Vivio is strong and she earned her win at great cost. There's no shame in losing to someone of Vivio's caliber.

There's no helping that Fuuka is a prodigy who absorbs skills quickly and is blessed with a strong body, plus has a great mentor to boot.

If you care about character at all like I do, then you wouldn't care about only one side winning. Fuuka and Rinne's fight isn't about advancing by winning this fight, but it's a fight between childhood friends and the ideals that they pursue. That's what actually important. Fuuka winning will bring the expected befriending outcome, yet Rinne's path is disheartening but admirable. Ideally, both should win and that's why a double knockout is best.

Rinne has already broken a bone right? Does this mean Fuuka is going to get hit really badly next episode?

What's kind of annoying is that they played up Fuuka's magical power earlier in the series. Remember when the Vivid's tried to help her transform but her magical power was so strong it blew them away?

But then suddenly this episode, out of nowhere, she has a god fist and can perfectly imitate other moves instead even though there was no hint of that earlier on.

Fuuka just has a bullshit asspull that wasn't suggested or foreshadowed at all earlier on in the series - in fact, it was hinted that her power lay in something completely different.

It's not really ideal for Rinne, it's more of an illusion she clings to, as Fuuka says. So what is actually on line is who convinces who. Does Rinne make Fuuka forget about her miserable existence, or does Fuuka make Rinne forget her miserableness?

Karaoke when?
I want to sing the OP.

Remember that according to that card game, Rinne's power increases in proportion to how low her health gets. When she's at 10% or lower her combat strength is increased by something like 10x normal.

If she has broken bones and can keep fighting, she's going to be a lot stronger and more dangerous than she was earlier on.

There were hints. They showed her training with the other girls prior.

>and can perfectly imitate other moves instead even though there was no hint of that earlier on
in ep1, she did the Einhart attack after "being told how to do it". People here complained WTF that was. So it was very much foreshadowed.
And teh technique copying is nothing new, if we take into account that we knew all the time that she is taught Einhart's style.

What are you talking about?

This. They showed her training with the other girls. Unless you were blind it was obvious Fuukawas going to strengthen her fist and learn their moves and techniques.

Thinking about it, Fuuka trained with Vivio and co but she also got to fight with all the Vivid tournament girls as well. Is she going to do some more cool shit next episode?

You missed how Rinne told her she doesn't need to force herself, to go and be happy alone (implying that Rinne feels that she has to keep Fuuka away from the shit she is in)? And the wager that if she wins, Fuuka will avoid her/forget about her?

Whereas Fuuka wants the exact opposite, and would do anything to stop Rinne from being unhappy.

>double K.O. resolution.
That would be the worst.

Realistically, the fact that the fight didn't get resolved this episode means that Fuuka is going to win, as they wouldn't have time to show two more matches. Unless they make Einhart's matches against Rinne and Fuuka hilariously short by having her one shot them Hegemon-style.

HEGEMON STRONG

I doubt Fuuka can beat Ein right now, but I do think Fuuka can out her on tilt . She's got some scary potential.

I hope they're viewing a video only transmission, because Fuuka's corny dialogs would make any shounen protagonist blush

user, you're forgetting that Rinne hates herself the most. She can't forgive herself unless she becomes strong, so staying the path is ideal to her in that regard. She doesn't want to drag others, especially Fuuka into her wretched path. Fuuka wants to drag her out and share half of her burden. She wants to be there and can't stand not doing anything when the most precious person she loves is alone and hurting.

Distract them by giving them riddles. Lolis are notoriously bad at riddles.

We have 3 more episodes.

Next episode Fukka will defeat Rinne.

Episode 11 will be the Fuuka vs Einhart match. And episode 12 will be Fuuka defeating Einhart and winning the tournament.

Confess. If you admit to it they'll let you off with a warning, but if you try to maintain your innocence, even if you really are innocent, they'll imprison you.

someone put a beret on Einhart's head

Look. Rinne was described in detail to be a genius martial artist with natural ability. She went through years of brutal training that was so harsh she regularly threw up. She hit the championship circuit by literally one-shot KO'ing everyone who went up against her. She was shown to be insanely fast, strong AND skilled.

Vivio, who is described as WEAK in martial arts, not only by herself but by others, beat Rinne TWICE. She took hits that KO'd all other competitors. I get that Rinne was gimped due to the silly no-throwing rule but she still would have have won with only moderate difficulty. As soon as she landed a solid combo that should have been lights out for Vivio.

Vivio is one thing. But Fuuka is just 4 months in martial arts. She doesn't have anywhere near the experience, training, power, speed and skill Rinne has. Remember Rinne is supposed to be a once-in-a-generation natural genius at martial arts who could effortless wrek people as a little kid with no martial arts training whatsoever, and was polished into an absolute monster.

>not speeding up through a turn

Anyone else think Fuuka will beat Rinne with her own grappling move?

This loli was so cute.

>tsundere Fuuka
>acts hostile towards and physically abuses her childhood friend to hide how much she cares for her

Oh god, why didn't I realize this earlier.

If Rinne is once in a generation, then Fuuka is once in a millennium.

Fuuka is once in a century and people like Ein and Sieg are once in a millennium.

>She can't forgive herself unless she becomes strong
That's what she thinks but it is obvious it is just a foolish thought. How strong exactly does she aim to be? How does she know it is enough? Etc. She just clings to the illusion because she has no other perspective. She even knows it somewhat, if you take attention to how she said she "doesn't even see a path before her anymore".

Which means she has no actual ideal, just a silly delusion that she needs to get rid of to get on some sort of a real track again.

And that's why Fuuka "Friend Beater" Reventon is the hero of this series.
She'll punch Rinne back on to the right path.

CUTE CUTE CUTE

Ein and Sieg aren't really prodigies like Fuuka, they have the blood of their ancestors running through them. Fuuka's talent is all her and nothing else.

That looks painful. I'm not sure I'd risk it.

It's not loli's fault that he's a pleb who doesn't know the pleasure of DORIFTO.

>Fukka will defeat Rinne

Hakua was definitely the best part of that show. Well, her and the god-tier opening.

>Ein and Sieg are once in a millennium

That doesn't make any sense.

It's easy to underestimate kiddos though, and then when you are unprepared, that tiny fist can surprisingly hurt. kinetic energy = 0.5*m*v*v, so basically mainly speed matters.

King Arthur and the god-tier opening were the best parts of the show.

>Rinne finally does her super special grapple
>flashback of Fuuka training against such grabs as some sort of absolute contingency plan considering they're allowed for this match and Rinne's good at them
>she pulls off an amazing reversal and slowly stands back up while Rinne falls back down

Yes. I'd dare even say that it needs to be this way.

Not that guy but I quite enjoyed the antics of her shipper wingmaids trying to make her win the Shominbowl.

I don't know about you but I think Rinne will be a lot more scarier when she destroys her opponents with a genuine moe smile.

youtube.com/watch?v=19rs7PM10xc

>We have 3 more episodes.

Your math is off.

DELETE THIS
HER ANSWERS WERE OBJECTIVELY BETTER THAN WHAT THAT FAG EXPECTED

I'm being extremely optimistic.

I swear, Rinne cast a gigantic lose flag here, but I can't shake the feeling that she will still win by some manner of magic and still get a happy ending. I have been waiting this whole fucking series for Fuuka to kick her ass, she better not lose.

On another note, never seen any other Vivid related stuff, any recommendations on what I should watch/read in order to get context on the characters that have appeared in this?

She kind of was. She was wrong about the gasoline though. You actually use less gasoline going into a curve because you take the foot off the gas and coast. You do lose gas coming out of a curve because you put your foot back on the gas pedal.

You don't lose parts or people going into a curve, that's silly.

She was right though about the the tire molecules. Since you're pressing the breaks as you come up on a curve your vehicle will lose more of those than you normally would.

Strikers and Vivid for the introduction of Vivio, Nove and the rest. But you really want to start with Nanoha and A's which introduce Vivio's moms. There are movies for both Nanoha and A's which are pretty good (not as good as the original series but still they get everything across pretty well).

episode 11: Fuuka wins, Rinne's ultimate fate might be left in a cliffhanger though (see S1)
episode 12: epilogue, wrap-up, the tearjerker happy end moment (aka ribbons)
episode 13: fanservice extrea after timeskip probably, because it is BD extra

Gasoline always only depletes, even if engine idles, so her answer is good. You can't not lose fuel while engine runs.

StrikerS and Force are the quintessential Nanoha experience. Everything else can be skipped without really losing anything.

Thanks user, what's the estimated time it would take to read/watch all this. Like are series 12 ep series or are they higher?

What if you're pumping gas while the engine is running? What if you have an electric car?

People were calling her learning the techniques of the rest of the vivids since the second episode.

morning, autist-kun
your turbo revving is well today, isn't it?

YOU JUST HATE LOLIS
LRD WAS RIGHT

*is revving
I need sleep. And vacation from this.

Nanoha and Nanoha A's are both 12 episodes each. StrikerS is 24 episodes.

The Nanoha and A's movies are remakes of their respective series. The first is 2 hours and the second is 2 and a half.

Honestly I'd watch the movies, then move on to Strikers. After that, go back and watch the original series and A's because there are things they cut from them while making the movies that are cool.

After that there is the Vivid anime - it's 12 episodes and was honestly pretty bad. I'd recommend reading the manga instead. Vivid Strike takes place one year or so after the start of the Vivid manga (which is still ongoing). So it'll be where they introduce most of the characters that you're seeing right now.

>LRD WAS RIGHT

Don't say things you can't take back.

The movies aren't remotely the same as the series and don't work interchangeably with them. Starting with the movies is a terrible idea.

This episode was fucking fantastic. This series had so many great and memorable moments. I can't believe I almost didn't pick it up. If it wasn't for Hibike, this could easily be AOTS. Fucking Fuuka is GOAT tier befriender. Can't wait for the next episode

>filename
I only count eleven. I think?

I'm not sure anymore, I got Ein and Zwei confused because apparently my brain's busted today.

Nanoha's biggest motivation for being a magical girl doesn't exist in the movies.

The movies follow most of the events that happened in their respective series and get the important, primary points across. They're also more flashy and exciting and by now the original series tends to feel a bit dated by most standards (which is why they released the movies in the first place).

Vivid was 12 so I assume this'll be the same?

>You don't lose parts or people going into a curve, that's silly.
Speak for yourself.

>First Row
Els
Harry
Seig
Lutecia
Fabia
>Second Row
Yumina
Ixy
Chris
Vivio
Miura
Corona
Chantez

That's 12.

Dunno if terrible, but the originals are better.

Because there is only one "first time", you can't retry and you don't want to spoil the special ocassion, I would recommend not experimenting and watch it in production order - first the first three seasons and then the movies as they came.

That way, you can get the best and authentic patrician experience.

Starting with movies first is bad idea mainly because of the animation quality difference with the TV series.

that bit in ep3 doesn't bother me that much, I'm more concerned by the lack of many little details/Shinboisms that made the atmosphere and of the worse/accelerated pacing of the movie.

Is Chris a girl?

Or angry?

I'm not sure it's fair for a robot slave to serve on the same jury as its master, I demand a new jury!

Also I'd like to speak with the other jurors after court is dismissed.

They confirmed to have 13th episode as BD extra, so yeah.