/cg/ Christianity General - Fulfilling The Law; Edition!

ITT: All pious Christians and those with an interest in the faith are welcome to discuss all aspects of, and questions relating to - Christianity!

Today I wanted to address something I've seen in many of the previous /cg/ threads as I'm sure you likely have also - that is; when people spam a handful of verses taken out of context, meant to convince Christianons and those lurking that, normally at least - Jesus was/is a Jew, and that Christianity is some type of Jewish plot to accomplish various things.

I will make two points regarding this:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Holy-Bible-Standard-Thumb-Burgundy/dp/1432102400/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510892497&sr=8-1&keywords=kjv bible
amazon.com/Orthodox-Way-Kallistos-Ware/dp/0913836583/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1510892963&sr=1-1&keywords=the orthodox way
amazon.com/Beginning-Pray-Anthony-Bloom/dp/0809115093/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1510892981&sr=1-1&keywords=beginning to pray
youtube.com/watch?v=XLdV-TryzM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1) Some of them are actually on the right path, but theres a lot more than that - to it!

Based Jesus was born into the Judean tribe, to show the world the true light of God, to work miracles (often healing the sick and caring for the needy) in order to display to the world by his actions that he actually IS god, for who else could do these things, and then to ultimately triumph over death while making the ultimate sacrifice for OUR sins, yours and mine in an act of love towards mankind.

Anyway, a number of individuals whom we call ((((((((((Pharisees)))))))))) said to themselves

"This man is too nice!"

"We were expecting a conqueror, this man is healing the blind"

"NO! BAD GOY! SLAY OUR ENEMIES YOU NAZARENE!! REEEEEEEEEEE"

Anyway, these people REALLY disliked Jesus, despite his love towards anyone who would open their heart towards him (Which you can still do, today, BTW) and his worldly wisdom which still guides us through life today, and his many good works here on earth.

They were so bootyblasted about the man that they ultimately had him crucified, playing right into the hands of God (This was the plan all along), while also fulfilling all the prophesies about him and his coming that were written in the old Testament, and simultaneously also showing the world how vile, and evil, and generally terrible the BAD Judeans (those who did not say "Wow, that was a genuine miracle! This man truly is the son of God!" and follow him, aka the first Christians) were.

These "holdouts" against Jesus became what we think of as Jews.

The second point that I would like to make, regards one of the most commonly mis-quoted verses used to falsely attack Christianity, and that is Matthew 5:17 which states:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them”

This is what some would consider “Jewish Law” or Mosaic Law, aka the Law of Moses, because it dates to the Old Testament, and then they incorrectly assume that Jesus actually came to change nothing - he was incarnate for the lulz quite frankly, and that his existence meant absolutely nothing to the existing “Jewish” law.

This is HIGHLY incorrect. Please consider the following:

1) When this is “misquoted”, almost every time the part of the verse concerning the prophets is removed. I’ve actually seen it posted “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law, but rather to fulfill it”.

Rule number one of bible study is to distrust anyone who changes bible verses while trying to convince you of something, even if doing it is just a ((((((((((((((((harmless mistake))))))))))))))))

2) Jesus fulfills the law on multiple occasions, saying in the “Sermon on the Mount” that “You have heard it said to/not to________, but I say [statement expanding on what was said in the old testament, thus fulfilling what was said earlier and not challenging or destroying it]”. For example:

Matthew 5:27:

27“You have heard that it was said,‘You shall not commit adultery.’28But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

3) Jesus’ life was predicted beforehand in the Old Testament by a number of different prophets, which include:

Micah 5:2 foretold of Jesus’ birthplace:

>“But you, BethlehemEphrathah, though you are small among the clans[a]of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be rulerover Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

Isaiah 7:14 foretold that Jesus would be born of a Virgin (Mary)

>“Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

These are two examples of fulfilled prophecies, while there are many more, I will limit this post to these two for the sake of time and attention spans, mine included.

Regardless, you can see through the above that God’s New Testament with man was as prophesied, that Jesus IS the man foretold in the prophets (which is often ((((((left out)))))) of the misquoted scripture), and how based Jesus fulfilled the Law while also separating us, and himself and all of his followers from what we know as the Jews.

This is Orthodox user with a friendly reminder to read the chapter to any scripture which doesn’t sound “right” to you at first, when you see it quoted on the internet. God bless.

I hope this was helpful, and I’ll be here for a little while tonight to discuss anything that you all would like to.

Hey, serious question guys - I've heard from a number of anons that (((they))) are trying to "Force God's hand", especially regarding the Sup Forums prophecy.

Thoughts on this?

Pic very related.

If you're looking, you'll find here a nice KJV (the international standard) Bible! This is "hardmode" studying simply because this book was assembled around the 1600s IIRC, so its a little like reading Shakespeare, but totally manageable if you're willing to make an effort. Its about $21 on Amazon with free one-day shipping depending on where you life:

amazon.com/Holy-Bible-Standard-Thumb-Burgundy/dp/1432102400/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510892497&sr=8-1&keywords=kjv bible

Here are a couple of books on Orthodoxy for your consideration! I truly recommend them both for anyone with an interest in the faith, as they each discuss the concept of God, what we know about him, how we works on this earth, and how to start the journey of knowing him:

amazon.com/Orthodox-Way-Kallistos-Ware/dp/0913836583/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1510892963&sr=1-1&keywords=the orthodox way

amazon.com/Beginning-Pray-Anthony-Bloom/dp/0809115093/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1510892981&sr=1-1&keywords=beginning to pray

The Orthodox church isn't Christian. It is just as pagan as the catholic institutions it denies. Christianity is strictly about your relationship with the lord. Fuck priests.

>Christianity is strictly about your relationship with the lord

T-thats what we do user... Everything in our services is dedicated to the Holy Trinity and the relationship between us. I dont really know what you're getting at here.

Stop being christian.

SOON

Is this the ultimate form of Larp?

I dont understand why you pagans come here, I dont seek out your threads and try and troll them.

As a friendly reminder, we see you all as our fellow children of God, lost souls in this fallen world with us. Just remember, God still has a plan for your life and loves you even as you turn your back on him.

youtube.com/watch?v=XLdV-TryzM0

>tfw there has to be something greater than this world

Link related, but its also nightmare fuel

digits say yes

Why do you think the orthodox church is the right church?

I don’t know that much of bibles but I know there are different version and what’s the differnces?

Im ready to become christian but i am torn between catholicism or orthodoxy. Im leaning towards orthodoxy because of the demon that resides in the vatican: bergoglio. But then again being a catholic is more convenient. What should i choose?

Bump

>Mfw the boomer conspiracy threads "cbts" has more "christian" posters than the longtime christianity generals.

Francis is not that bad, we've had worse

>trinity
>burger

Orthodoxy
That way when the pope gets (((worldly))) and has views that are a tad heretical you need not follow the example. Have a decentralized faith structure and a Patriarch that REFUSES to subscribe to the false idols of "progress" "feminism" "open borders" and "homosexual acceptance."
Whatever path you choose user let it be a righteous one, not the one that is easy.

He says that jews are gods chosen people, he calls for open borders and more migrants and he completely disregards everything the Church has believed in since before vatican 2. No other popes have been so adamant in this except for him. Hes literally the worst pope we ever had.