Konosuba

Just 1 more month for season 2 goodness. will it still be good?

Aqua best

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hafM63g_YE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=P49FraVNS_Y
amazon.co.jp/アニメスタイル009-メディアパルムック-発行-スタイル/dp/4802150962
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just pray until it comes

>whole town full of batshit crazy Axis cultists
Soon.

It will be worse than S1. Believe it.

>not posting best version

Since it has the same staff, you can reasonably expect the second season to have similar qualities to the first season.

It'll probably be 10 episodes long, cut out parts of the LN with little care for coherency, have plenty of good jokes and funny faces and, if we're really lucky, have another episode with as much Kikuta involvement as 9 did.

I hope this time they make OVAS adapting whatever they cut from the LNs.

I really want that S2 to cover that part.

You'll get an OVA featuring a poorly introduced new character with a scenario that barely involves them and you're going to like it, buster.

Well this Wiz chapter they skipped on S1, wasnt that great, they just go to the cementery and meet her, after some banter with Aqua, but nothing special; the time Kazuma changed teams with Dust is actually pretty fun and Kazuma finally acts like a competent adventurer without much trouble.

>the time Kazuma changed teams with Dust is actually pretty fun and Kazuma finally acts like a competent adventurer without much trouble.
That is the one im missing the most.
Kazuma is the glue for the team, without him it crumbles into pieces.

Still mad at how they pulled a Wiz with Yunyun introduction.

if they cover the Axis cult arc, I hope they dont write out Wiz from it, and I hope they show the tranqulity girl stuf if they somehow can.

>tranquility girl
That could be more funny or disturbing. Should shock the secondaries some, in amusing ways.

the secondaries waifufags will get shocked, specially when they see how happy is Kazuma for leveling a little after killing.

Megumin is objectively best.

They adapted wizz introduction in a CD drama.
youtube.com/watch?v=5hafM63g_YE

this

Eh, the first season was okay, but it only had one really good episode (succubus brothel). I'll watch it but I don't have high expectations.

Renounce your faith for damegami

Best Goddess

is konosuba worth my time ? seems to be a moeshit !

Hopefully this will revive my reason to watch anime.

Last and current season was so bad.
It feels every day Im starting to lose interest in anime bit by bit.

it is

What does Aqua's urine taste like?

That was honestly my least favourite. It was pretty funny and hot but some of the scenes drag on too long.

>cut out parts of the LN with little care for coherency
But nothing of importance was cut.

does kazuma go with his 2 buddies to the succubus club anymore?

All her bodily fluids taste like pure lukewarm water. We discussed this before.

Her barf happens to be rainbow-colored for some reason.

24 eps or 12?

I just want to see the chuuni village

>DEEN
10 low quality episodes

Season 2
> Aqua builds a wall
> Aqua pushes the demon army out
> Aqua saves the holidays
> Aqua rebuilds the holy capital
> Aqua subjugates demons and turns them to industrious capitalists
> Aqua drains the political swamp and builds a cabinet of the best qualified masochists.
And that's just in the first hundred days! Make Axis Great Again!

somebody shop a maga hat on Aqua

Wrong

the DEEN QUALITY makes konosuba better though

He goes so frequently that the succubus call him a regular.

Megumin is illegal

But thats ok

NO.

Somebody shop a Make (Fantasy) Australia Great Again-hat on Trump

Not illegal in that world

Threadly reminder no one would give a shit about Megumi if she had a different character design (e.g. like Wiz's).

It probably won't be good, but it will be _____fun_____

My kind of world

Except she was extremely popular when the series was a WN and she had a different character design?

She had long hair and she was eighteen years old last I checked.

He goes so often, that Aqua promised not to eradicate them because she found out how much value he placed on them. Mostly because he yelled at her after one of her murder attempts.

>Wiz and Megumin are my favourites

Your logic is shit.

Will we get more Yunyun?

Yup she should get introduced in the first few episodes.

We should be getting a proper introduction to her, and a small amount if they end up adapting volume 5.

But I can see them being like "remember that girl we had in the OVA!" type of shit.

Yes, I'm still bitter that they did that to Wiz, and I can't help but feel like they are going to keep using that to cut corners.

>Still 10/10 voice actress
>Explosions
>Still Chuunicutie
She'd still be my megumin.

You have to remember that DEEN had no faith that the anime would sell at all so they had to cut corners, I think they would have now learned that they could slow down the pace for a more comprehensive adaptation.

Eh, why change it if it works. The anime excels because of the humor and the VA performances, not because of details and worldbuilding.
They know what they're doing.

>The first season was somehow a success even though we forced them to cut corners.
>Now that it's popular people will put up with it if we make them cut even more corners this season.
I guarantee that's the DEEN thought process right now.

> it's good so why make it better?
That's not MAGA thinking. That's wage cuck thinking.

You didn't understand, making it slower hinders the anime.

>DEEN told me I could be anything so I decided to be Chaika.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=P49FraVNS_Y

Megumin a best

Does Konosuba land have an actual name?

big boss is best girl

>there are people that actually think Aqua isn't best girl

My guess for the episodes we get, considering a twelve cour:

>Episodes 1-3: The Trial of Kazuma (team swap and old lich stories are interspersed as testimonials given in Kazuma's defense, as well as introduction to Yunyun)
>Episode 4: Lalatina's arranged marriage
>Episode 5-6: Vanir
>Episode 7-9: Hot Springs City
>Episode 10: Vs. Hans

I don't know if they could fit volume 5 into the remaining episodes, so maybe go into the Megumin prequel?

You mean the planet? I don't think so, but the country Kazuma lives in has one, it's called Belzerg.

Megumeme is the only way

>6 chapters for volume 3
250 total sales, being optimistic here.

Goddess of poop

bullshit, everyone would be screaming cowtits

Build wall.

You know what to do

Right after I face fuck that loli

>Half of the season is vol 3
Please no.

They're retarded if the don't cover vol 5 considering how popular is megumeme, Is also the best place to end a season i think

Doesnt he have to die in an incredibly comedic way or something?

I just hope Chris gets more screentime.

This is another example of how moeshit doesn't mean anything coherent and people are just sabotaging themselves by thinking it's a real thing.

and make it a blue hat to show how retarded she is

Not going to happen since she disappears for the most part (because of Aqua) until volume 6.

I doubt we will be seeing much of Chris, just a few scenes with Eris though if I recall correctly.

moeshit is a real thing, but in the time honored tradition of Sup Forums, the terms been spammed so many times that any meaning it once had's been run into the ground, and people use it for everything.

Just saw an interview with Konosuba's anime character designer and 1 of 2 animation directors Koichi Kikuta.

>He was the First Animator for Princess Lovers and some Working, and these two apparently influenced his decision to have use a minimalist + animating design for Konosuba.

>He was hired by Studio Deen to make another series, but that production was terminated. So Deen asked him to switch to his one.

>On first glance of LN illustrations, he exclaimed "this is way too cute. No way we can animate this." So he decides to concentrate on the animation part.

>The producer only rejected his proposal once and asked him to closer follow LN's designs. Koichi Kikuta made some minor changes to the design and handed the design back.

>The original author never once complained about the design.

>Even though he is the character designer, the other animation director Komatsu Momoka (even number episodes) actually followed his original design better than himself (odd number episodes). Most agrees that his original design and by extension Komatsu's animation is much better than his eventual episodes. He hangs his hat and apologizes for being too carefree.

Hail Eris!

They must be hating megumememoney if they don't adapt vol. 5.

Heck vol. 11 is megumeme volume again, it's marketing suicide not to adapt vol. 5.

>aqua best

>On first glance of LN illustrations, he exclaimed "this is way too cute. No way we can animate this." So he decides to concentrate on the animation part.

>The producer only rejected his proposal once and asked him to closer follow LN's designs. Koichi Kikuta made some minor changes to the design and handed the design back.

>Even though he is the character designer, the other animation director Komatsu Momoka (even number episodes) actually followed his original design better than himself (odd number episodes). Most agrees that his original design and by extension Komatsu's animation is much better than his eventual episodes. He hangs his hat and apologizes for being too carefree.

Wow, fuck this guy.

Huh. Is it translated somewhere, or did you just pick out parts to translate?

Everything turned out pretty well, I'd say.

>He spent _A LOT_ of time reframing the series. He redrew the entire after death scene and guild scene in episode 1.

>As the production moves on to latter episodes, he and Komatsu had less and less time going shot-by-shot (out of ~300 shots, they looked thru all 300 shots for 1st episode, 3rd for 190, 5th for 170, 7th for 140.)

>He put in 120% for episode 9. He personally modified every single shot from basic scene composition, frame, layout, to animation. Fan service gave him the all the motivation he needed.

>He designed all the succubus. No direction from the producer at all.

>He loves saggy breasts. He loved them so much that even though the original design did not contain them. He found himself drawing bigger and bigger breasts, so he subconsciously sag them to make the physics look right. He sort of regret doing this now.

amazon.co.jp/アニメスタイル009-メディアパルムック-発行-スタイル/dp/4802150962

>By his own choice he added a lot of saggy breasts bouncing to a lot of scenes. For example, the producer rejected his first layout for this scene and asked him to make her hair floats more. While doing that, Kikuta said 'why the hell not' and added in boob sagging. Since the frames have to be redrawn anyway, this addition costed the production nothing.

>He also added all the hands groping, sliding, touching, body swinging the the bar scene. He added so many animations that the production have to add more animation to other scenes in the episdoe as well to make everything uniform.

> Trump supporters lose intelligence
> Aqua supporters lose intelligence
> Trump supporters build wall
> Aqua supporters build wall
COINCIDENCE?

>Actually he takes special pride in some of the more realistic scenes in the anime (like this scene.) This sort of thing is rarely done in anime. But everyone only cares about saggy breasts *shrug*

Now that's dedication.

Absolute madman

I didn't hate the floppy tits. They added character.

>But everyone only cares about saggy breasts *shrug*

So... ugh... where's the dick shop?

>As for facial expressions, he received no direction from the producer. The producer let him decides whatever he wants for faces, only to intervene for a few scenes when things got out of hand. The producer's direction is the funny faces should mostly be done by Kazuma and Aqua; Megumin should be mostly 'calmly cute'.

>They did NOT drew this because they ran out of budget. The faces are in the original layout for christ's sake.

>Since the lines are very simple for this character design, he put in special effort for lighting. Things like gradient in clothing, color matching, contrast, eyes reflective, have a huge effect on the overall viewers preception.

>>>As the production moves on to latter episodes, he and Komatsu had less and less time going shot-by-shot (out of ~300 shots, they looked thru all 300 shots for 1st episode, 3rd for 190, 5th for 170, 7th for 140.)

Wow, good job DEEN, very professional.
>He put in 120% for episode 9. He personally modified every single shot from basic scene composition, frame, layout, to animation. Fan service gave him the all the motivation he needed.
>He designed all the succubus. No direction from the producer at all.
>He loves saggy breasts. He loved them so much that even though the original design did not contain them. He found himself drawing bigger and bigger breasts, so he subconsciously sag them to make the physics look right. He sort of regret doing this now.
>By his own choice he added a lot of saggy breasts bouncing to a lot of scenes. For example, the producer rejected his first layout for this scene and asked him to make her hair floats more. While doing that, Kikuta said 'why the hell not' and added in boob sagging. Since the frames have to be redrawn anyway, this addition costed the production nothing.
>He also added all the hands groping, sliding, touching, body swinging the the bar scene. He added so many animations that the production have to add more animation to other scenes in the episdoe as well to make everything uniform.

You can admire his passion at least.

>He has learnt his lesson. He originally thought S1 design was moe enough. But he was surprised to see that the fans instead thought the characters' personality was the cutest part. For S2, he will try to make the anime 'more moe' to prove he too can make a moe anime.

>As for facial expressions, he received no direction from the producer. The producer let him decides whatever he wants for faces

Top tier job, the facial expressions in the show were great.

I do wonder what the out of hand scenes looked like though.

>For S2, he will try to make the anime 'more moe' to prove he too can make a moe anime.

how the fuck you supposed to wattch konosuba without popping a boyboner over all the huge stonking bazoongas and thicc asses? i can't even get through a single episoe without fiddling the milktube

>For S2, he will try to make the anime 'more moe' to prove he too can make a moe anime.
oh god please no

> 'more moe'

Please no.

This might be a mistake, while the designs weren't as cute as the LN, I thought they were sufficiently cute. We'll see how it goes.

i guess that explains the chaika faces in the S2 key visual (OP pic)