Meme Neutrality

>Unironically believing the freedom of the internet depends on a 2 year old Obama law
Why are NNfags so retarded and annoying.
Imagine being so cucked this issue matters to you.
Hey dumby just don't pay for it. Thats how a free market works. You faggots decide what its worth to you. God forbid you free yourself from the virtual jew.
Remember 2014 when no one could use the internet because it wasnt regulated by rhe government. Me neither you dogshit plebe fucking retarded idiots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gorSUDnX1qk
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/net neutrality /start/2014-01-01/end/2015-06-06/
cnet.co/2jeYWrI
eff.org/deeplinks/2007/10/eff-tests-agree-ap-comcast-forging-packets-to-interfere
for.tn/2Apcr35
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/
eff.org/deeplinks/2011/07/widespread-search-hijacking-in-the-us
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality
fcc.gov/document/verizon-wireless-pay-125-million-settle-investigation
nyti.ms/2zZ5Dbk
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891/
theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766
wired
archive.is/LwLMM
theatlantic
unvis.it/theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891
theverge
unvis.it/theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast_Corp._v._FCC
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im so sad
Sup Forums is actually being convinced by Reedit n co. so reactionary.
NN is FCC control of internet. We love FCC now...

The concept of voting with your wallet is largely plutocratic, some people simply have more votes than you do and yours is largely irrelevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=gorSUDnX1qk

They are paid shills, literally, also some retards who believe them.

personally I'm anti-NN because R*ddit is pro-NN
and you?

I'm anti NN because it is commy shit seizing the means of production on a digital scale. The internet isnt payed for by tax dollars. It isnt for the government to regulate.

ISPs shouldn't be anything more than gateways to the internet. It's good they aren't forcing the political views of their executives and shareholders down the throats of their customers like twitter and facebook. They should absolutely continue to be treated as public utilities because of the infrastructure required to set up an ISP.

No one cared before then because ISPs hadn't yet made bad decisions. Then someone decided to throttle Netflix speeds and the US woke up (somewhat) and realized unregulated capitalism is bad.

When your ISP charges you a premium to use this site, don't come crying to me, dumbfuck.

okay but is this a pro-nn or anti-nn argument
>t. brainlet

Do you know what net neutrality is or what it does? It classifies ISPs as public utilities, as they do with power and water.

its newfaggotry plain and simple
>2014 and 2015 Sup Forums has a meltdown about the government seizing control of the internet
>2017 newfag redditors claim nn is all that holding the internet together
Literally fucking retarded. check the archives if you don't believe
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/net neutrality /start/2014-01-01/end/2015-06-06/

That was a pro nn argument...

LARPers are worried bout Increased Netflix charges.
No Free Lunch boys

government has control of public utilities though
why would you want the government to regulate the internet?

well yeah but I thought this whole 'repeal' on nn was just about whether the FCC or FTC gets to regulate the internet. to me it seems the FTC should regulate because the ISPs are corporations not government entities. this is an 'anti-nn' stance but I'm still for the stuff you talk about. there is just so much shilling.

Sup Forums has become mainstream and Reddit is seriously astroturfing us right now. It's no wonder.

>they aren't forcing the political views of their executives and shareholders
Okay, but effectively, we've only seen evidence of the mass bandwidth services (video sites) targeted for obvious reasons. Going after sites ideologically is bad business, pure and simple, and that's why we haven't seen it in the US, and that's why we haven't seen it in every other country in the world that don't have a net neutrality law.

It's fearmongering on behalf of the video sites. Give me a fucking break with this "forcing the political views" nonsense. It's the fact that two fucking sites take up over 50% of the country's bandwidth, it has nothing to do with ideological motivation, and any company that wants to make it about that would be sunk.

>Hey dumby just don't pay for it. Thats how a free market works
nigger its not free market when a handful of companies have complete monopoly on internet access

that honestly seems to be 90% of the pro-NN argument
>e-even doh i consume 10x as much bandwidth streaming dear white people and arrested development season 4 the providers shouldn't be able to charge me money to match that ;_;

fucking bootlicking reddit commies is all they are

Tbqh I just want to be taxed a lot and bent over as much as possible because it means that the other tax paying citizens will do the same, too. I want to see everyone suffer. I'd be willing to live on a meager 10% if it meant 90% went to taxes.

>I'm such a streamcuck I will pay any price and be walked all over so I can watch my Capeshit series for 13 hours at a time.

>handing the regulation over from the FCC to the FTC, who specialize in monopoly busting over content regulation
One more retarded reddit post for the pile i guess

>When your ISP charges you a premium to use this site, don't come crying to me, dumbfuck.

Explain why this doesn't happen in Australia, which lack any sort of Net Neutrality laws?
Explain why this hasn't happened in America before the Net Neutrality law was passed in 2015?
Explain why you think this is anything other than SIlicon Valley taking measures to protect their bottom line?

>When your ISP charges you a premium to use this site, don't come crying to me, dumbfuck.

I hope they charge extra for Sup Forums so it gets rid of faggots and niggers like you

>Going after sites ideologically is bad business, pure and simple
We are seeing that happen now on popular sites like twitter, facebook and reddit. The reason we even saw net neutrality going into law was because of verizon throttling netflix. We haven't seen it from ISPs in the US because that would be illegal under their current classification.

>American
>Literal Communist

Completely unsurprising this days, nor is the fact you are in a Net Neutrality thread.

I unironically agree with this, but what I keep reading everywhere is that US ISP (not like ours are any better) are fucking dogshit and offer retarded data-plans with shit service (and doing a whole host of other shit that’s dodgy as fuck). Seems like those major three have a cartel/monopoly whereby smaller local providers can’t even break into the market due to astronomical costs. Unless all those data lines have actually been laid down with governmental subsidies or aid I’d say it’s okay, but if they are someone needs to break their balls (assuming their monopoly/market agreements and protection stuff is true).

The NN shills from Reddit and Soros are getting annoying.

There are like 40 NN threads at all times.

If NN gets repealed and the evil ISPs hurt you by making you pay more for Facebook, the market will push for fiber optics.

We're slowing down technological progress with NN. There's no demand for better Internet, currently.

>the market will push for fiber optics.
it won't.

>more votes than you do
>a one time monthly fee

What the fuck are you talking about???

"Breaking" their monopolies (oligopoly) will actually increase prices.

There is a reason why there aren't startup railroads

One good thing about killing neutrality. You'll have to buy the Shia Flag package or he has to pay the ISP's to transmit and to see his French art on a dome.

>are fucking dogshit and offer retarded data-plans with shit service
not true at all in my experience. Never had a "data plan" or shit service, pay a provider $45 dollars a month (about 1/4 of 1 day of work for anyone with a decent job) and get the internet and extremely basic cable. The only data plans i am aware of are for cell phones and all mobile posters deserve to hang

90% shills, 10% regards who fell for the propaganda.

True story. Notice how they can never answer a straight question why they spend more time arguing with people who are anti Democrat censorship on a mongolian finger puppets image sharing website than trying to fix net neutrality so it bans Google from censoring youtube, Twitter from de-verifying people, or DNS's from banning the daily stormer.

Revealed preferences = NN fags are all SJWs who support censorship.

>muh free market
>monopoly

Pick one, faggot.

I've noticed the harder they shill for or against NN here, the more Sup Forums users are starting to realize the whole debate is a distraction to keep people from looking into solutions to the cause of the problem rather than solutions to the symptoms. The real question now though, is it Jews shilling that backfired or is Sup Forums falseflagging and unintentionally redpilling itself?

>extremely basic cable

Don't get cable tv at all

Explain why throttling Netflix is bad.

>you can't

You can have monopolies in free markets. there are Natural Monopolies.

It was packaged with my internet. It is like 8 local channels+MEtv that used to be received on antenna. Ive never actually watched it, was just included in cheapest plan

The US was under the assumption that net neutrality laws applied for 30 years going. It wasn't until Verizon won a lawsuit about it that the rules no longer applied to them. They promptly began fucking everyone over:

2005 - Madison River Communications: Blocked VOIP services before the FCC put a stop to it.
cnet.co/2jeYWrI

2007 - Comcast: Caught forging packets to interfere with user traffic
eff.org/deeplinks/2007/10/eff-tests-agree-ap-comcast-forging-packets-to-interfere

2007-2009 - AT&T: Blocked Skype and other VOIP services which competed with their cellphone plans
for.tn/2Apcr35

2011 - MetroPCS: Tried to block all streaming except YouTube
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/

2011 - Multiple ISPs: Caught hijacking search traffic to increase affiliate revenue
eff.org/deeplinks/2011/07/widespread-search-hijacking-in-the-us

2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon: Blocked access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality

2012 - Verizon: Demanded Google block tethering apps on Android because it let owners avoid their $20 tethering fee. This was despite guaranteeing they wouldn't do that as part of a winning bid on an airwaves auction.
fcc.gov/document/verizon-wireless-pay-125-million-settle-investigation

2012 - AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money.
nyti.ms/2zZ5Dbk

2013 - Verizon: Literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891/

2017 - Verizon: Caught throttling customer data in direct violation of FCC Net Neutrality rules
theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766

Alternatively

>wired com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge
archive.is/LwLMM
>theatlantic com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891
unvis.it/theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891
>theverge com/2017/7/21/16010766
unvis.it/theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766

A monopoly can easily fall if it creates a market for its competitors.
Thats the story of how a Mexican phone company made billiona off americans and forced an anti trust to shut down at&t because massive amounts of money left the country due to their actions.
Same thing can easily happen again.

Guess they are just getting desperate for anyone to have cable tv heh

"just don't pay for it." I fucking don't. It's the other 3 billion people that are that are fucking me over by saying "It's inconvenient but I guess I'll just suck it up and buy it"

>7 out of 10 and every one past 2011 cell phone providers
fucking mobile posters

Why are NNfags so retarded and annoying.
Imagine being so cucked this issue matters to you.
Hey dumby just don't pay for it. Thats how a free market works. You faggots decide what its worth to you. God forbid you free yourself from the virtual jew.
Remember 2014 when no one could use the internet because it wasnt regulated by rhe government. Me neither you dogshit plebe fucking retarded idiots.

My god, if this is how you actual talk to people in person to make a point...

Did I hurt your Fee fees?
Look how shills are sliding the thread with a million ajit pai images.

yep
metv really NEEDS more people to watch perry mason and the andy griffith show to spread wholesome american values

Well said

>charging money for a site keeps the poster quality high
That worked so well for Something Awful.

>he's naive enough to think ISPs won't throttle
The whole reason why it became a law in the first place was because the FCC was trying to stop Comcast and Verizon from controlling access to data. Comcast was caught throttling P2P in 2007, but they appealed and won in a court case in 2010.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast_Corp._v._FCC

Then after the FCC tried to change guidelines to the Open Internet Order in response to that Verizon sued and won a lawsuit in 2014.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)

The whole reason why the law was even put in the first place was because of all the lawsuits by telecom companies to the FCC that eroded away their ability to enforce shit. It didn't just magically appear out of nowhere 2 years ago you dumbfuck.

i guess shills are antsy tonight

Where did this common belief that this pic of mobile data plans in a shithole country is how US providers will suddenly start offering internet if NN falls?

And there's also people that believe providers are going to limit internet usage to just a couple hundred sites, like how the fuck do people jump from A to Z like this?

kike

>Have law to protect consumer
>Somehow this is suposed to be bad
Jesus Christ, americucks. Get it together.

your the kike whore

90% of sites wont even be noticed by isps.
Sites that use little name with bandwidth and have no pay incentive won't even notice.