Every episode. Every fucking episode of Utena. ZETTAI UNMEI MOKUSHIROKU. It's in EVERY fucking episode...

Every episode. Every fucking episode of Utena. ZETTAI UNMEI MOKUSHIROKU. It's in EVERY fucking episode. It's the SAME song SAME animation, sometimes there's not a ring touching the water thing but that's it. It's in EVERY fucking episode GOD DAMN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tcJ60lwuIs&feature=youtu.be&t=5m11s
youtube.com/watch?v=1LsNmHNQSWY
youtube.com/watch?v=hSfAyl6u5pw&list=PL05008AF2CAA19C3B&index=40
youtube.com/watch?v=vFAel2C7KMY&list=PL05008AF2CAA19C3B&index=74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SEIZON SENRYAKU

I'M JUST A LOCK N' LOLL MAAAN

>every episode

Only in episodes where there are duels.

There's a duel every episode and the only episode I can think that PROBABLY doesn't have a duel is Nanami's Egg and that's filler

There are like 7 versions of that song, user. And it's one of their most popular song. You don't think they'll not gonna milk it for good?

You have bad memory then

Name 5 episodes that don't have a duel

Nanami-sama gives us respite from ZUM.

No, there are more episodes without duels than just the egg episode.

Off the top of my head:
>Episode 33
>Episode 39
>Episode 16
>Episode 24
>Episode 8

>Every episode. Every fucking episode of Utena. ZETTAI UNMEI MOKUSHIROKU.

There's a duel in 33, 15:28/23:24

It's a flashback duel

3, 4, 6 and 9 don't have duels either

>Complaining about one of the best transformation scenes
You don't have to watch it user.

Of course is in every episode. It's the only good thing in that show.

That's the point.

>Listen up you low lives who will never amount to anything
Has one anime ever addressed it's intended audience so well?

>mfw I started skipping it after the third time
Fuck shit like this.

I had the same thoughts watching GINGA BISHOUNEN, Sup Forums hyped like a motherfucker and it was enjoyable but goddamn they reused animation more than Gundam Seed did.

is penguindrum worth watching?

I've seen utena and Yurikuma

Yuri Kuma is Ikuhara's worst, so yes.

I stopped watching it at around 18-19 because bored, could never pick it up again because I don't remember the plot at all.

Was it the trainwreck I remember it to be or am I retarded?

It might wear out it's welcome before the end, but absolutely try it out.

Better than Yurikuma.

Yeah I would watch it. It's pretty good, starts out funny and then shit gets really real. Has a very concise ending and is what ended up getting me to watch Utena and now Sailor Moon.
You'll have fun with it.

With that said is it still worth watching? I still need to hit up that and the Utena movie.

Yuri Kuma?

It has the usual God-tier directing you'd expect from Ikuhara, as well as a lot of the quirkiness and humour. It really falls short in the drama department though; there weren't enough episodes to really flesh out the characters and make me care about what was going on.

Watch the Utena movie first. It's slightly weaker than the show, but it's also one of the most visually stunning anime movies ever made.

39 episodes, 21 out of those are duel episodes, and both the song and the animation change Hal way through the show.

Think of it as a magical girl transformation. When there is a 2 minute scene where magical girls transform, nobody bats an eye. But when Utena walks up the stairs to the tune of some badass rock/choir music, everybody looses their minds.

magical girl shows usually use the transformation scenes to save budget an strech out the episodes.
utena repeats scenes and stuff because the director wanted so. It had a big enough budget to animate other stuff, but the repeating is thematic.

Here's a huge tip you massive retard

Most anime isn't designed for 'marathoning' like you spastics are obsessed with. Only with heavily plot driven anime is is ok to watch it all in one go. Most anime is definitely best watched a couple of episodes at a time before moving on to do something else

Hence the seasonal setup, every show is designed to get fans hyped for the next episode. No hype, no merch sales. Most anime like this can be enjoyable watching the first time with Sup Forums but they are 99% dogshit

Not calling Utena dogshit but don't fucking marathon it you fucktard

>amazing ost
>great design
>hot girls
>captivaing plot
Nah, avoid it.

Incidentally how can someone be so hot and so cute at the same time?

>big enough budget
Quite the opposite.

Utena stock footage takes up at least 3 episodes long of screentime.

This hit me hard.

I agree OP it is a bit much but it was a necessary evil given the budget the show had. Also it is very thematically relevant and the song kicks ass. Skip it if you want but it is there for a reason not JUST because of budget constraints.

Am I the only one who absolutely adores the utena dub?

It's so bizarre and unusual, that it makes the show even more surreal.

It's literally one of the best parts of the show though.
It was especially great when they switched it up too.

Juri a best girl

It's an order of magnitude better then dyke bears which is the worst thing he's ever made.
Where utena and penguindrum do character development ykk has dead air.
Also making the central character part of the mystery was a colossal mistake. It becomes the excuse to hold back on fleshing her out for the reveal but by the time the audience is there we don't really care because we don't really know this character because you've been coyly dicking us around for the whole show.
Lulu had more going for her than the MC.

The William Tell (I think that's what it was) one gets me.

But YKA wasn't about the character development or the drama. It was an intentionally short and simple show that set out to deliver a message and succeeded at that.

It's a show about nothing.
>oh the mob of society
Is a premise. It is not a show.

I YKA was good, but its subpar for Ikuhara.
The important thing with pengiundrum is that you have to watch Night on the galatic road first else you are gonna misunderstand half of the plot. That shit is like snow white over there, the show expect you to know what it is about.

What a fucking stupid thing to say.

I don't get what's hard to understand. Absent caring for the characters you have all the ingredients of a documentary not a show.

Look towards the fictional works about the witch trials for how these sorts of narratives actually work. It's not about the trial its about what it does to the people caught up in its wake whether they're supporters, detractors, or fence riders. That's nearly entirely missing from this show and what little remains is obfuscated by being withheld from the viewer until the end. Absent that drama to entertain us this thing's runtime feels like an after school special.

It's really actually terrible and were it not for Ikuhara I would have abandoned hope at episode 3 and dropped it.

So why did they never explain the whole thing with Mikage dumping coffins of people in his furnace after every lost fight? Were the boys in there dead? Sleeping? Why did one of the coffins have two boys in it? What did it mean?

The lack of good femdom doujinshi with the Princess of the Crystal saddens me.

It burned down years ago.

The coffins contained the bodies of the boys who worked at the hall many years ago trying to attain eternity. Dios gave them rings and set them on their way similar to the duelists in the show. Nemuro set the hall on fire and killed them all in an attempt to gain eternity because "great sacrifices are necessary" or some shit. It was really because he was pissed at the girl he liked hooking up with Dios and he wanted to preserve the way things had been before (I think?)

The boys in the coffins represent the souls of the dead boys who possess the people Mikage gives a ring to. The victims provide a motive, the ghosts the drive to fight. The two boys were buried together bc they were gay and in love you can see them holding hands in a flashback sequence Mikage has. Can't remember which duelist that was but it's probably relevant to them somehow.

What is everyone's opinion of the utena movie? I thought it was pretty amazing though the ending is a bit too ridiculous.

It's a prettier and more vapid version of the TV show that basically just exists to give us the romantic scenes between Utena and Anthy we couldn't get in the show..

When Utena throws Anthy on the bed I freaked out.

I just finished the series for the third time, the first time was the start of this year. I'm gonna watch the movie for the 2nd time tonight and then I will be done with Utena for a while. It is an incredible show.

Ikuhara wanted to animate Utena transforming into a car, and so he did. I have respect for that.

I watched most of the episodes (35 to be exact) in one day.

It only added to the experience.

But why?

Reading about Ikuhara he was a real character. As in a weirdo.

I watched 50 episodes of code geass in one day.

What bothers me is that the show has 3 lesbians in it. One gets raped, the other gets seduced and fucked by two playboys and the third gets fucked on a weekly basis, and prostituted out to the duelists.

i like it.

>implying Utena is a lesbian
Just a reminder that Utena and Anthy's relationship is never shown to be anything more than a close friendship.

>inb4 the movie
That's a separate continuity.

What would sex with Utena be like?

The same as with anything else that's two dimensional

I don't know. Are we talking virgin Utena or not?

like driving a car

Oh boy, I get to write this again
>Mikage was a child genius, but also a "computer man", cold and without emotion
>Mikage is hired by Akio to work with a bunch of other scientists on "something eternal" (perpetual motion?)
>Through this, Mikage meets Tokiko and falls in love with her.
>Tokiko is working on the project for the sake of her brother, Mamiya, who is dying of some sickness
>Mikage meets Mamiya through Tokiko and form an makeshift family (represented by the kitty family you can see in the window).
>while this is going on, it's important to note that there were several gay couple amoung the kids working with Mikage (yes, this is important) and that the duelist ring is a popular fashion accessory.
>Mikage fails to find conclusive results, but there are some side effects (the times gets all fucky in Othori), Mamiya decides that he preferes to die young than to wither away like a flower. He hopes Mikage can take care of his sister once he is gone.
>Akio cucks Mikage. HARD.
>Mikage goes full REEEEEE and sets the whole building on fire with everyone still in it.
>Once he realizes what he has done, Mikage tries to blame Mamiya, since he is going to die anyway, Mamiya accepts the blame
>Tokiko and Mamiya leave Othori, Mamiya presumedly sometime not long after, Mikage becomes another pawn for Anthy and Akio to play with.

>that fucking zipper sound effect
>ikuhara says the audio guys put it in as a joke and they liked it so much, they left it in.
I really like how Movie Anthy tries to be more of a "bride" .i.e activily seduce the people she is engaged with than just be the passive aggresive self we see in the show.

As awkward as real life sex with an inexperienced but excited/horny teen would feel like.

>there were several gay couple amoung the kids working with Mikage (yes, this is important)
Why was this important?

I still don't get this episode.

It'd be cute. And we'd talk about what she would have to make for lunch tomorrow.

The most annoying thing about the TV show is how they were forced to make her basically a housekeeper for Utena even though she was clearly more than that for everyone else.

why does he carry the stopwatch ?

Himari priortised family over her own dreams.
This gives her the moral high ground over Sanetoshi and, arguably, Kanba.

Because gay people in the show's setting are heavily discouraged from being gay and so would be more likely to seek something eternal and be generally fucked up enough to be a duelist (see Jury). Also because the show is super gay.

But why Sanetoshi is on the library?

>Being this much of a pleb that you don't fucking "get it"
Very sad, why do millennials even watch anime?

Miki is one of the few people who realise that time doesn't work normally in Ohtori.

>Also because the show is super gay.
It's flamboyant.

But think of how much money they saved repeating that all the time?

Who did saving money better?
NGE or Utena?

>is penguindrum worth watching?
If you didn't watch MPD with Sup Forums while it was airing, you missed probably one of the last true experiences of Sup Forums watching a show together in recent memory

Also yes it's worth watching

>It's flamboyant.
Yeah but Akio actually fucked men

I think the word you are looking for is manly.

Because it's symbolic.
Miki longs to return to the past, when he was an innocent child and his sister wasn't a 13-year old turboslut.
Kozue literally outsluts Akio at times.

Utena, considering it didn't have to resort to using concept sketches in the last 2 episodes.

It's not gay if it's on Akio's car

Oh, I forgot to ad it to the last post, but the reason Mikage remember being in love with Mamiya instead of Tokiko is that since he was a machine man, the only exemples of love he had were from those kids, so his association becomes that.

>People don't like Nanami
She had the best development though.
youtube.com/watch?v=-tcJ60lwuIs&feature=youtu.be&t=5m11s

It's not complicated, he is a child genius and he is testing how long it takes him to answer it question, from there it becomes a visual gag.

Post favorite duel songs

Holy fuck, I just realized she was addressing the audience and not the brothers. Now I have to rewatch this entire show to understand the true purpose.

Why is she so slutty?

Nanami is truly best girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=1LsNmHNQSWY

uthena sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=hSfAyl6u5pw&list=PL05008AF2CAA19C3B&index=40

Though this is a close one, it varies.
youtube.com/watch?v=vFAel2C7KMY&list=PL05008AF2CAA19C3B&index=74

Also anyone still excited to see Utena on blu ray in 2016?