2017 AOTY: Violet Evergarden

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/OcHvLoVLduvEVJlFqEKQ2g/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

K-on s3 when

>MOTY 2016: Koe no Katachi
Hahaha, nice one.

They were already stopped 5 years ago.

This isn't going to successfully bait anyone.

Life must be terribly dull and unfulfilling if one decides to become a studiowarrior about nip cartoons.

Thank you based KyoAni.

>this thread

I come to Sup Forums everyday and all i ever wanted is the sweet embrace of death.

Kimi no na Wa is a literal flick with no artistic value whatsoever. It is to Japan what Marvel movies are to the USA. Yamada is the Stanley Kubrick of the anime industry

Why do people even have high expectations for Violet Evergarden? It looks like it's going to be KnK all over again

Koe no Katachi was great though.

Small minority, probably fans or followers of Ultimatebetamax and kVin-sjwkun

I'm a KyoAni fan myself but I honestly don't see the big deal with Violet either.

I meant Kyoukai no Kanata
I always forget that movie happened

Two people said that the source material (a light novel) is for once not utterly total dogshit.
Might still be total dogshit, but at least it's not utterly total dogshit.

Could be that those two people just have terrible taste though, and that it's still utterly total dogshit.

>AOTS Winter 2016: Phantom World
Let's not say anything we'll regret.

Where is the good writing though? Kyoani has moe and cute looking characters down to a T. Their animation is one of the best too when they are trying. But where are the really impressive stories with strong narrativesand characters? Most of their works are the same SOL shows. Free might have been the best next to hibike.

Why would anyone want to stop Kyoani, they are the only studio that treats their animators well.

Inbetweeners who keep making inbetweens after three years despite being told by everyone to get better deserve to be treated like utter shit.

KyoAni almost always does great characterization. Hibike has arguably the best and most rounded characters of the year. Plot and direction are usually left to be desired in most of their shows though, but since they're character driven it's not much of a problem.

>Hibike has arguably the best and most rounded characters of the year.
no

Who can stop them?

Themselves?

How many recognitions does KyoAni have right now?

Oh yeah 0.

Meanwhile based Shinkai gets International screening and Chinese Box Office smash hit.

Its still really simple story telling and juvenile stuff. They arent writing realistic, complex, multi faceted characters or even engaging ones. I wonder if I would feel anything for the characters if they werent as cute as they are.

>Hibike has arguably the best and most rounded characters of the year.
This.

So you want to stop Kyoani from treating their animators well because other studios treat their animators like shit?

Any well-roundedness the characters in Hibike had were thrown out the door in season 2. Kumiko's role as the MC has been downgraded to someone who just asks the obvious questions that they want their audience to think about, like "Why doesn't Asuka let Nozomi join the band?" despite the audience really not giving a shit anyway. Then you have Reina, the passionate hard worker whose character has been reduced to some kuudere cutout and whose only goal in life is to fuck her teacher. Midori and the other girl part of Kumiko's trio aren't even characters anymore, Shuichi is the love-interest for absolutely no reason other than forced pairings, Asuka is built up to be this enigmatic girl but she's actually just a cunt who avoids all confrontation.

Am I the only one who thinks Maid Dragon looks retarded?

And this is coming form someone who genuinely liked Kyoukai.

What's the spring one?

I mean yeah I may not like what they produce but you can see they treat their workers well when it shows in the work. There is no need to stop them. They should be the standard.

Madhouse is still better.

Doing inbetweens forever is a job for Malaysians, Indonesians, Vietnamese and other South East Asians.
And even they will sooner or later get replaced by advanced programs that will generate inbetweens fast and reliable enough.

Get good to advance or get lost.

This.

Kimi no Na Wa got literally hundreds of screenings in the UK.

Koe no Floptachi? It got three.

Three.

That doesn't really say much. K-On's source material was total dogshit but the anime was really good.

Their light novel adaptions are also usually not faithful to the source material. In the case of Kyoukai no Kanata, for example, a lot of the events weren't even in the novel, and were just created for the anime

>Could be that those two people just have terrible taste though, and that it's still utterly total dogshit.
I'll bet on this one.

Unless the following is your idea of "good writing."

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.

>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”

>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.

>“EEEH?!”

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

... Thanks?

Your argument would make sense a month ago.

Kumiko has always been a vessel, granted the first 4 episodes of S2 had very bad cases of infodumping, but Kumiko's role was almost always like that, albeit more subtle, and I admit she had more involvement. Her issues with band and her sister are reflected in secondary characters, their own drama serves Kumiko to introspect about hers, that's always been a thing. This season has been more about knowing secondary characters, the Mizore and Nozomi drama was the worst arc of the series but it at least served to get to know Yuuko and Natsuki more. Asuka is a double faced cunt yes, but that doesn't mean her character hasn't developed well, you don't have to like her to see it. We've barely have had any scenes with Reina either, but to say she only wants to suck Taki's dick is wrong, pic related.

How many fucking KnK are there now?

The characters were mostly shallow with barebones characterization in S1.

S2 brought them to life.

Unless the Koe anime fixes the non-ending of the manga it's hardly close to MOTY. Shinkai has it.

The fuck? You may be confusing characterization with development. S1 has most of the characterization. S2 has the development with Kumiko, Reina, Natsuki, Buchou, Asuka, etc.

>but to say she only wants to suck Taki's dick is wrong, pic related.
That's like the only scene of Reina's that has anything to do with music.

This. The first season was just a bland introduction.

>Kara no Kyoukai
>Kyoukai no Katana
>Koe no Katachi
And at least one more I'm forgetting.

Send Sam Hide on them and see who will be stopped first.

You're all retarded. S1 had the bulk of the characterization. It literally set the stakes. To say it was bland and barebones is plain wrong. Without S1, S2 would have no impact. Literally every single drama in S1 has been developing and reaching its climax in S2.

>Literally every single drama in S1 has been developing and reaching its climax in S2.
Oh yeah, let me just go back and watch all those Nozomi scenes in season 1.

Except the Nozmi/Mizore drama, but that's the worst arc in Hibike, and guess why? Because we didn't get to know the characters first, something S1 did with most of the relevant girls this season. All of S2 would have been like that without S1.

You missed Haruhi S3 which is going to be announced this month.
Literally nobody can stop us.

KyoAni is already building another fortress of moe to make more masterpieces from.

It's too late to stop them.

>direction [...] usually left to be desired
What the fuck are you on

Google Image Search can match partial/resized images to the original image.

>Shuichi is the love-interest
Confirmed to not watching S2

Confirmed for being a delusional yurifaggot

>replying to poor bait

>Kumiko not liking Shuichi -> Kumiko is a lesbian
This is your own train of thought.
All I said is Shuuichi isn't shit.

Yamada is their only good director to be honest, and Kigami is their best episode director. Other than these two, their shit is very generic as far as directing goes, they also have no scriptwriters which make things worse, since they usually adapt light novels, they copy paste all the expository monologuing and info dumping that comes with that medium. Most of their directors don't know how to translate that into visuals, mood, animation. In other words, they have a very typical anime directing style.

You have abysmal taste

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri I think

Go watch Phantom World episodes 7, 9, and 12, Hibike S1 episode 8, Hibike S2 episodes 1, 4, and 9, and tell me they aren't well directed with a straight face. Hell, even just watching the latest eupho episode you can tell you're very wrong.

>Summer AOTY New Game
How?

I think you should start by telling me what's so good about those episodes.

>AOTY 2016: Hibike Euphonium 2

Not even the most hardcore Kyoanifag brave enough to say that.
Only shitposter will do that shit.

When will mods start to ban these shitposting generals?
boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/OcHvLoVLduvEVJlFqEKQ2g/

What's wrong with that?

Don't bother with yurishitters taste, only they are retarded enough to consider Pandora as good.

>Shinkai went out drinking with Yamada and said she was pretty

Does he want to marry her

>She was sitting there on the toilet, and her sudden desire to void her bowels was in fact a desire to go to the extreme of humiliation, to become only and utterly a body, the body her mother used to say was good for nothing but digesting and excreting. And as she voided her bowels, Violet was overcome by a feeling of infinite grief and loneliness. Nothing could be more miserable than her naked body perched on the enlarged end of a sewer pipe.

KyoAni fags will defend this

My hopes for Violet are even lower now. I just hope it's a movie so they can get it over with quick and go back to adapting other stuff.

By being the best anime of summer 2016, silly goose.

The whole chapter was quite decent up until that part. I know that scene was necessary to show that Violet isn't a robot/android, but it could've been handled better.

since you only post this part repeatedly, it's nice to know that there's only one instance of 'bad writing' in the LN

Give me your honest opinion on her.

Trash

>Koe no Karachi
from Pakistan?

>By being the best anime of summer 2016
Really? I found pic related more interesting

I bet you also think avengers is good

>best characters
>hibike
You don't watch much anime, do you?