My Hero Academia makes NYTimes best international shows of 2016 list

nytimes.com/2016/12/05/arts/television/best-tv-shows.html?referer=

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com
youtube.com/watch?v=-vBvKpRSers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is bad. I'm going to miss my CGDCT anime, once the Westerner journalists fuck everything up.

Kinda impressive, really.

>normalfags like cape shit
who'd a thunk?

Why though?

>nytimes.com

Its probably because its superhero shit. You know how normalfags love to bandwagon.

Now it is even more popular. Thats means I have to hate it even more on Sup Forums

t. someone who jumped on the bandwagon to hate capeshit

This. What the fuck do we do?

This is just going to make Hollywood jump on the possibility of a live action adaptation. Ready for more SJW pandering normie shit?

Sky High 2 is already in the works, young one

those words have lost all meaning for me really. I have seen everythings desribed as both "le sjw" and as "problematic" at the same time. What is even particular "progressive" about this anime?

They're doing OPM first

youtube.com/watch?v=-vBvKpRSers
Are you hype for filler

>It's another "Sup Forums forgets that anime is already pretty fucking mainstream" episode

Always gonna be weird to see Todoroki with his first iceman outfit.

I don't understand this. Show has a few good things going for it but the animation is so bad that I stopped watching it.

That shit taste. Who cares what the failing NY Times thinks?

The show was painful to get through because it was a perfect adaption.

As in, it adapted every scene and was slow as fuck.

s1 barely goes anywhere its literally the first 20 chapters like introducing the characters/world
,, it doesnt even get remotely close to best girl either :--(

Might wanted to have read what you linked, OP. The author clearly comes off as misunderstanding the WSJ audience, as well as projecting their misreading of the show's themes. Also the author may genuinely have not watched beyond the first episode, hard to tell when we have only a paragraph to work with.

so apparently hori already saw the results of the popularity poll and was shocked by them

inb4 bakugo being first

Cool horseshit bro

How the fuck "Westerner journalists" going to affect that in absolutely any way?

>Americans still obsessed with cape shit
Nothing to see here.

It's simple. Both sides are fucking retarded and have no idea what they're talking about, they just feed into each others anger and stupidity constantly amplifying each other in an endless loop that accelerates and expands infinitely, ruining everything for everyone else in the process yet never realizing their own fault.

it's in his comments for his chapter 115 sketch bro

Once again Cool horseshit bro

116 sorry

>"They don't like the same crap I do, they HAVE to be looking for (You)s!"
Kill yourself.

The Animation was arguably the best part. The pacing was slow as fuck and the story and characters were nothing unique or special.

I liked it before it was cool!

"It's the NYTimes they're always wrong" -Donald J. Trump

>STOP LIKING WHAT I HATE
Triggered

>The pacing was slow
ADHD much? Try watching an average episode of Naruto or One Piece then this will feel too fast in comparison
>and the story and characters were nothing unique or special.
Yes yes because you've seen every story and character archetype ever

Huh?

It's not even particularly good as far as Shounen Jump goes.

It's a 5/10. Just goes to show normalfags really will eat up any capeshit.

If that were true they'd actually buy comics.

>This and not Tatami Galaxy or Shin Sekai that is actually different and deserves praise.
I like this manga and show, but there really is much better material out there.

They came out years ago also
>Shin Sekai
>actually different and deserves praise

It was a ripoff of Brave New World and had terrible production values and pacing

So where was most of Class B during the camp attack? Only a few students got back to the facility, and only Kendou, Tetsutetsu, and Awase fought against villains.

They're pussies and his in the woods.

*hid, dammit

Who the hell is that in the background?

He's a big guy

I think most of them just got taken out more easily compared to Class A, since they didn't really have battle experience and seem to be a bit weaker over all. It would make sense for the villains to eliminate as many students as possible before they realize what's going on.

Villain from the OVA. Almost certainly a disguised hero playing a part

And people say Japan has shit taste.

>But it focuses on a fanboy who obsessively follows the new costumed heroes while having no abilities of his own — a perfect stand-in for the anime and manga audience.

Why is frog girl up there with the actual main characters?

The villain is almight.

The villain is your mom

>we could make an OVA of some small arc so the anime can progress further and more story is told
>instead let's make filler shit

Waoh there big guy spoiler that shit.

>some small arc
But which one would fit in 25 minutes?

The room showing arc

Why do you enjoy anime literally made for 10-15 yo children, even more important, what level of delusion do you need to be in to believe this is "good"?

Because ur a faget

yeah we only watch mature shows for mature guys such as us right? Because being mature and adult is all about watching mature cartoons for mature people. Literally no responsible adult enjoys cartoons

Haha what a cool reply, show it to mom.

ITT: haha I don't like Naruto or the "big 3 xd" I'm too mature for that I watch another shounen generic show that makes me very special since not as many people watch it

Good, that shit got oversaturated in the past few years

Because I pay my own bills so I'm allowed to enjoy whatever I want. Mind on your life.

Well, the show is terrible, so it makes sense.

You realize you're exactly like bronies right? You overreact to a literally made for children show like it's a big deal so you can circle jerk with other losers who were beta fags on their teens and want to self insert to think their life isn't so pitiful

>t. moeshitter

Why do you care so much what I do with my life? Don't you have anything better to do?

Did someone who liked this anime fuck your mother? This alone explains this senseless hatred.

how does it feel Re:Zero fags?
how does it feel to have shit taste?

>7. ‘MY HERO ACADEMIA’ Japan (Funimation) In the self-aware category of Japanese anime, this shrewdly written and dynamically drawn series posits a world in which 80 percent of humanity has developed some sort of special powers (not all of them super, and not all used for good). But it focuses on a fanboy who obsessively follows the new costumed heroes while having no abilities of his own — a perfect stand-in for the anime and manga audience.
It seems to me like they just watched the first 2 episodes.

I hated it before the anime even aired.

That summary is terrible, they don't even mention All-Might or the titular academy.

OH THE IRONY

what's the problem?

>Unironically watching more than episode of that trash

t. One Piece is not bad!!

Who is that Big Black Bull in the background? I don't remember seeing him in the anime before!

>12 year old projects on anime image board
what a scoop

Meh, it was ok, not nearly as good as OPM but the final fight between Nomu and All Might was arguably the best fight scene of 2016.

I liked Shin Sekai though.

I don't read the manga, does Deku ever become not useless, aka able to actually use his power without destroying his arm

>not nearly as good as OPM
>OPM
>good

>R/a/ddit contrarian meme
"Ok"

That pic screams Umakoshi, especially in the Villain's design. And I love it. Is it out already?

Havent seen this one by archvermin before.

This is fucking LEWD.

Why is one of Kemi's boobs coming out of her armpit

Because you touch yourself at night.

After the first two episodes he does have super powers

>best fight scene in 2016
Mob vs the blondie was better. You could say that even reigen vs the claw guys is better than that generic shounen battle.

Even food connoiseurs can enjoy cheese sandwiches, despite knowing 6 million other dishes and them being entry-tier 'cooking'.

That's not to say anything about Sup Forums's taste, but in most hobby areas you get through the "it is beneath me" phase to the "i enjoy it for what it is" phase.

Actually, they are the ones who love that garbage the most.

OPM is literally a meme shonen for the so called "normies" who never watch anyt anime other than Pokemon and Naruto and they think that OPM is revolutionary as a result.

I still don't know how Hollywood would approach OPM given Puri-Puri Prisoner and to a lesser extent Okamaitachi, though that won't matter until well after any period a first movie would cover.

Its the new Naruto what else did you expect?

No.

I don't think OPM is revolutionary. I just watched it because I didn't have much else to do and despite Sup Forums almost consistently devolving into screams of primal rage any time it's mentioned I don't regret it. Mainly because I learned not to give too much of a shit about internet strangers across the years

Naruto was on the NY Times Best Seller list too, same with One Piece and even Bleach

Honestly I hope Boku no Hero gets as big as Naruto, but manga sales in general are dying down as digital distribution becomes more of a thing

Still, I have hope. Villain Academy spinoff SOON

>Todo in almost all white

Feels very strange

It's worse than naruto.

I just found out the person who voiced Iida also voiced Genos

Was he designed to be VA for a jobber?

At least Iida has his shit together, unlike Bakacuck and Ocuckho