We need more high fantasy anime god dammit

no harems i'm no mudslime, plenty of helemts that actually have a function in the series, the main character is confident, comments about swords being shit in the anime and there are rumors of a superior weapon - the spear - yet no one uses them, skill trumps power levels, no way to measure power levels without your imagination and the main character is a murder hobo that doesn't give a shit about anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vA5oy41mpsY
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133335681/#q133335681
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133516393/#q133516393
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133937111/#q133937111
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/134071343/#q134071343
youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8IO7efUvY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fantasy is a Western thing based around medieval Europe. Nips don't really understand or care about it so you'll never see many Fantasy series

So...kinda like HXH but with helmets? You know that high fantasy isn't just limited to medieval fantasy, right?

So, Goblin Slayer?

>HXH but with helmets
Sounds like a huge improvement. In fact, there is no series that wouldn't benefit greatly from having helmets.

Imagine if there was something better than Goblin Slayer.

Dark Souls animu already made, watch Berserk,
That being said, I do agree that haremshit is killing anime and we need more original shit, but I'm guessing that doesn't sell as well as tittyfighting: the anime.

>Fantasy is a Western thing based around medieval Europe.
What?

>its another v shitpost on a episode

>watch Berserk
>watch

Dark Souls was made by nips

The character design and narrative could be expanded on.

Even an adaptation of some of the DS1 bosses stories would be interesting, like the story of the four knights of Gwyn with Ornstein when he was still a dragonslayer working with Artorious, Hawkeye Gough and Ciaran.

That would actually be great.

There will be a point of saturation in the market where the people that greenlight these products will have to take a chance on something new and original, just to see if it's a profitable venture.

We just need a landmark series that breaks the mold and can appeal as broadly as tits, fanservice, moe, etc.

that's not very hard.

You know, at first I was just like "wtf lmao helmets" looking at your post, but I thought about it a bit more and realized that the idea would actually be pretty sick. It's just that all the main characters will need very distinct, iconic helmet designs for it to work well. Almost like Gundam or something.

I'm triggered because you're half right. If we're going the slightly more realistic route spears aren't the best choice. Swords are the adventurer's weapon because they work well on unarmored targets (most things realistically) or can get past gambesons more easily than a bludgeoning weapon. And you don't have to carry a goddamn spear everywhere you go. This is also why bucklers exist at all. You don't carry your tower PC with you everywhere simply because it's more powerful. You take a phone.

Unironic murderhobo is low fantasy.

Nice job user! You get a gold star!

>New medieval looking anime is announced
>It happens inside an mmo
>The rules of the mmo are never expanded upon and the characters don't actually have proper skill sets
It's the worst of all worlds.

Swords by themselves weren't all that effective during medieval era type stuff though. Optimized adventurer gear would be mainly bow and arrow but with an easy to draw sword for the moment the enemy actually gets in close. In fact most of the original samurai that actually got shit done were archers like that; same with most of Genghis Khan's army.

OP is asking for a Western style anime and Japs don't care about it

>New medieval looking anime is announced
>It happens inside an mmo
Name an example?

I agree

You have no idea what 'fantasy' actually means, do you?

this is what a successful thread on Sup Forums looks like in the year 2016

>dark souls anime

It's already done

youtube.com/watch?v=vA5oy41mpsY

Needs to be updated with Arslan

where the FUCK is muh twelve kingdoms

>another generic high fantasy isekai anime

God please no. This is the shit that is killing fantasy anime in general, they need to move away from European fantasy medieval settings period because it's just too fucking overused (especially MMO type worlds)

I'd gladly pay to see an anime where the MC is reincarnated into a high sci-fi world; he could become the captain of spaceship, fight intergalactic battles with not-space-americans, and pick up hot alien chicks along the way. Something different like that but for gods sake, NO MORE ISEKAI HIGH FANTASY.

there have been literally thousands of scifi anime made in the 80s and 90s you dumb nigger go watch those kys underagefag

this is what a successful thread on Sup Forums looks like in the year 2016.
>boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133335681/#q133335681
>boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133516393/#q133516393
>boards.fireden.net/a/thread/133937111/#q133937111
>boards.fireden.net/a/thread/134071343/#q134071343

There's something more to the fact that people are all masked in these series. Feel like it's the reason why Goblin Slayer is so cool and same with DaS. More shows should do it for MCs, makes them more mysterious.

Next season has got ya covered

youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8IO7efUvY

can't you just read a historical fiction manga, many are based around Samurai but some are outside of Japan like Kingdom, Vinland Saga, Rose of the Versailles etc

>Deltora Quest
>Fairy Tail
>Queen's Blade

So, which of these are actually good? Like, really good, not just "it was entertaining".

watch it yourself or fuck off idiot

like 2% of the helmets in game cover your face

There's a dark souls comic?

>kys
Back to plebbit, faggot.

>Dude just watch these thousand hours of anime
This may come as a shock to you, but some of us aren't loser NEETs with unlimited time

Then go to recommendations are not allowed on Sup Forums.

Wow then what the fuck are you doing on this board if you don't even want to watch anime faggot

>I only want to watch "Good!" anime!

Okay I'll refer you to /r/anime and MAL which have retarded numerical point rankings for every anime you can trust their objective tastes to tell you what anime is good then you fucking baka

>You can't talk about anime on Sup Forums if it's not current season
Fuck off. Also, wsr is garbage.

You see, most anime is such garbage that discussing it online with absolute turbofags like yourself provides more value.

Nobody wants to 'discuss anime online' with a retarded nigger like you who hasn't watched more than 10 anime and acts like anime can be objectively good either

I've been watching anime for over two decades, probably longer than you have been alive, when the times were dark and you had to find niche stores that sold shitty VHS tapes because there was no internet, fuck off with your projection, retard.

60%

>Nips don't really understand or care about it

MODS

Regarding Zektbach, was there anything past Shamshir's story?

These need to be updated.

good for you white boy, I was busy fucking white bitches with my big black cock

>I was making more imbeciles

thanks. now i'm going to read this comic

then they should at least make tits go on adventures.