I propose that if white Americans were to create a white ethnostate, that the official language should be Old English

I propose that if white Americans were to create a white ethnostate, that the official language should be Old English.
By switching to Old English (Ænglisc), multiple things would be achieved.
The first being an obvious, clear statement that we are distancing ourselves from the modern day Anglo.
And the second being a return to traditionalism, as we would be returning to the origins of the language.

And while there will short comings to switching to Ænglisc, I've found there are easy solutions.
One such problem is that the language is not spoken. However Jews have already proven that reviving a dead language is possible. Ænglisc phonology has also been preserved well through olds writings.
Another problem is lack of modern day words.
We can either come up with our own, or borrow modern day words from the languages similar to it (ironically since we would be going back to before English took in a bunch of loanwords)

What are your guys' thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

500px.com/david-foto
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's fucking retarded because it creates unnecessary difficulty to accomplishing something already difficult, and makes it less attractive to normalfags

>muh traditionalism
You're country isn't even Anglo-Saxon anymore, but a mix of European Peoples.

*your

>Not going for superior old French

Well I didn't necessarily choose it because we're Anglo-Saxon, but purely being we already speaking the modern day Anglo-Saxon language.
Also who cares about normalfags, this is purely hypothetical as an American white ethnostate is not likely.

>otnay eakingspay atinlay

no you fucking retarded faggot

>what is constructive criticism

>tfw you will never have a smokin hot trad wife

nice plums

>Nealles wrîting tôhwon bôcstæf to frôd Englisc.
St¯ælan sê unmycel ex.

Did they pronounce their H in Old English? That's a must for me. Might an 'ero if we have to constantly sacrifice a letter.

If not for politicians and anti-German sentiment during the war years, America would be a predominantly German speaking nation. Let that sink in.

A method to give feedback on someones idea when they aren't terminally retarded. Gonna have to pull the plug on this one.

>pic
>amerimutts understanding of traditional
the only places that look like that is greece and turkey more or less.
You american larpers are awful and have never even seen a farm or anything "natural" or traditional, just gtfo pls

Quit trying to sow division.

still whiter than you mohammad

yes, for the most part

Old English Prof

inb4 larping fag

How difficult do you think a transition to Old English would be?

Why old English? Why not Irish or Gallic? The easiest language for English natives would be Frisian or Dutch, and would avoid the problems you mentioned

Like learning a new language. Old English has more in common with German than modern English. Many of my students are surprised at how different it is from Modern English. Modern English is a conglomeration of Old French, Old Norse, Old English, and many borrowed words from other languages that has evolved over the past 1500 years into what we know today.

>Modern English is a conglomeration of Old French, Old Norse, Old English,

And Latin.

Ekkay

>I propose that...
Fuck off.

>propose
>official
>language
>multiple
>second
>return
>traditionalism
>origins
>solutions
>proven
>reviving
>possible
>phonology
>preserved
>modern
>similar
>ironically

Old english it's not comparable to old chinese or japanese, it's just a few words changed and more german, if you already like germanic solutions this wouldn't be a problem.

They are going to look like a bunch of renaissance fair level larpers tough.

>They are going to look like a bunch of renaissance fair level larpers tough.
I agree.

I think it's a hella dumb idea.

Fuck the English.

SOURCE: 500px.com/david-foto

What language would you find to be more appropriate then?

>our language developed organically over the course of thousands of years, combing and recombining new and old loan-words and innovations due to the exchanges of commerce and power that are now an essential part of our current society
>lol lets revert back to the 800s

Even if we could know the full extent of the vocabulary as it was at the time we would still be presented with the problem of having no commonly agreed way to describe about a third of the things we interact with in the world. It's important to think about the origins of words and why we speak the way we do, but using Old English as an every-day language would be completely outside the bounds of normies and even most Sup Forumstier autists.

More of that indian woman picking avocados, pls.

A mixture of klingon and old elvish would be ideal, aesthetically speaking.

I'm unsure if this is the same girl, but it's from the same photo set.

The language should be Dutch. If we hadn't trade Jew York for a bunch of islands, you'd be speaking it anyway. English is based on Diets, old Germanic. A simplification of it

Nigger, you cannot even type normal english.

latin cunt

I fucking hate those pseudo-trad pictures of """curvy""" (read: fat) skanks in revealing attire cooking or cleaning or whatever, pic related is how its done fucking Sup Forumstard scum

>not going for Latin

The only language spoken that relates to old english is frisian all other old languages from europe are dead

Americans arent white

this

>>Modern English is a conglomeration of Old French, Old Norse, Old English,
>And Latin.

Essentially none of the English tongue descends directly from Latin, except via Old French and then Norman French.

The fancy-pants Latinate vocabulary that is sometimes used as a marker for virtue-signaling faux elitism is made up of loan words borrowed in late Renaissance and early modern times, along with prescriptive Latin-derived rules of grammar that would have been laughable to our sturdy forefathers from before the Elizabethan era.

One of Winston Churchill's rules of good writing is to avoid using a Latin word when a French one will do, and avoid using a French word when an Anglo-Saxon one will do.

That is something that I was thinking about. Become a settler, colonize an Island, define an official language that is just like English, but with sensical orthography and writing rules. Write an app that translates "illiterate english" to your "superior English" to communicate with family. Win the Internet.

PLUMS ARE GOOD BUT SHE'S CLEARLY NOT WHITE

No, you autist regular English is just fine

Yummy. Wouldn't you like to sodomize her right then and there, lubricating her tight pink asshole with butter she churned herself from her goats' milk for that very purpose, all the while daydreaming of the pleasurable buggering she would soon receive?

She looks like my sister, so no.

Anglospicnese is your future language

It should be a modernized version of latin DESU.

Romans laid down the foundations of European civilization. Most modern European languages are either directly descended from Latin, or are heavily influenced by it. Even Hungarian has a bunch of words and expressions rooted in Latin, ffs.

The Jews managed to revive Hebrew, we can revive Latin.

Wtf are you on about? You do realize that most of America is rural right?

Start learning spanish amerinigger

I would love this..

I really think the white ethnostate should have a new(old) language

>Jews have already proven that reviving a dead language is possible.
Hebrew wasn't totally dead. It had even enjoyed a bit of a literary revival in the early 1900s. Sholom Alechim (author of Fiddler on the Roof) wrote stories in it before he switched to Yiddish. Most educated Jews had at least some acquaintance with Hebrew from their earliest school days at the cheder.

Old English, on the other hand, has not been a productive language for almost a millennium. On top of that, it's simply so different from Modern English and any other Western European language that it would be cruel to impose it on younger or less educated people. I tried to learn something of it in my own youth, but could only really get my head around it once I had learnt Russian, and thus has a realistic appreciation of how a language with a full case system actually operates in life.

A white can take any woman he so chooses. His offspring will be overwhelmingly white.. if he himself is full white. We take what we want, from wherever we want

>A white can take any woman he so chooses.
And his community is free to accept or reject his mongrel spawn, yes.

You gotta click the pic for maximum effect. Nice.

>says the mongrel

I'm English, though I have immense respect and love for the Spanish nation. Do try to be slightly less of a cunt, eh?

>it's just a few words changed and more german
Horse shit. Even mid English is more complex than this. Old English has 90% different structure and words.