A Non-bait Net Neutrality Thread

>We never had Net Neutrality for years and were never subject to "website packages"
>If we get rid of it, internet companies will start doing it
>Google and a shit load of other corporations are shilling hard for Net Neutrality
>This somehow makes it intrinsically good

Why should we save Net Neutrality?
Why are (((Googles))) shilling for it so hard?
What's the next step on the slippery slope?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorm
cnet.co/2jeYWrI
eff.org/deeplinks/2007/10/eff-tests-agree-ap-comcast-forging-packets-to-interfere
for.tn/2Apcr35
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality
nyti.ms/2zZ5Dbk
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891/
theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766
wired
archive.is/LwLMM
theatlantic
unvis.it/theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891
theverge
unvis.it/theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off and kys, for god's sake. Stop spamming shitty NN threads 24/7, there's nothing you can do against it anyways.

>"nothing you can do about it"
what are you talking about, krautnigger, title II is gonna get repealed lol

>Don't raise questions about an important topic REEEEEEEEEEE
I want to hear opinions from anons that aren't trying to respond to low hanging bait and shills

srsly krauts are the worst
the hierarchy of worst posters is as follows
1. canadians
2. australians
3. krauts

literally even muslims and shitskins aren't as bad as any of those 3

so maybe they're not technically the worst but i get you could say they're the "wurst"? get it?

Look at the amount of money spent lobbying to kill net neutrality and ask yourself what is your ISP going to do to get that money back?

>Non-bait NN thread
>"We never had Net Neutrality for years"

Great job torpedoing your thread immediately you moron.

May your genitals never recover from the unknown diseases you contracted from that taiwanese glory hole.

The policy was put forward by the Obama administration. I'd say we were doing fine for years without it.

And I assume they would make Google and Netflix pay up for the amount of bandwidth they use up

(((australian)))

Might that have anything to do with the Muslims and shitskins imported into our countries?

except its a lie that those companies are "anti" net neutrality. comcast for example is all for the obama regulations, praised them when they came out, and states clearly on their website that they support them, you filthy fucking liar

no its you

This, we tried to help you retarded 56%ers. But you're all too fat and retarded to understand just what you're getting into. Enjoy fucking yourselves over because daddy said so.

>website packages
BUT PHONE COMPANIES WILL ALLOW PEOPLE USING APPS TO HAVE THEIR DATA(from said aps) BILLED SEPARATELY

Oh wait they do already!
they aren't even HTML pages and could actually be using a different system to transmit data if the mobile provider obliges considering the apps aren't web browsers.

~Use a vpn Reputable Antivirus companies now provide them you can complain to 2 companies when it doesn't work

We did have Net neutrality just that we didn't have any specific laws enforcing it. But everything changed once bitorrent and HD video came on the scene.

You fuckers ignore the fact that there were actually cases which raised the issue of the internet being considered title II specifically cases where ISPs had been trying to get away with throttling bandwidth till they had to be stopped by the FCC now they are basically saying that if this is not on the books then they can't be forced to keep to those standards

Yeah, to be honest mate, I kind of hate Australians at the moment too. That whole poofter marriage thing is a type of shit-posting I never wanted to see from my country-men. But I will not tolerate being compared to Germanistan and C(an)ucks.

The internet was a new and confusing thing in 2007, so no company could get away with trying something like that, because it would lower the stocks of every tech company since people will be scared of the entire industry.
It's 2017. The internet is saturated enough. Everyone in the country has HEARD of it. They don't need to worry about bad PR now. It's a race to the bottom. Whoever can get away with providing the shittiest service without losing their entire customer base wins the game. If that includes them, let's say, getting you a free Netflix account but throttling YouTube, they'll do that, and totally get away with it.

>But I will not tolerate being compared to Germanistan and C(an)ucks.
but there is literally nothing that you can do to prevent it

We need to end Net Neutrality. Do not ask questions, simply look at those supporting it. It will save 4chin and the future of the interwebs.

ISPs want to double-dip and charge each end twice based on what application or protocol a bit belongs to.

>Internet was new and confusing in 2007.

Nigga, Al Gore invented that shit back in the early 90s. Fifteen years is long enough to stop being confused by an entertainment medium used to post cartoon frogs.

>And I assume they would make Google and Netflix pay up for the amount of bandwidth they use up
They already do. Do you not understand how internet connections and peering work?

Anyone has a theory why the shills are shilling so hard for NN. Google own most mainstream sites, and the jews sits hard on news outlets and hollywood. Removing NN would only accumulate more power into their hands.
So i don't understand what the gains are for them being pro-NN.

What about going so over-the-top with shitposting that you don't even want to acknowledge Australians anymore?

>Google own most mainstream sites

>The policy was put forward by the Obama administration. I'd say we were doing fine for years without it.

You would be wrong.

ISPs are a lesser evil. They weren't the ones that kicked Daily Stormer off the internet.

bait sage

Botting could be prosecuted under US Federal laws due to free market laws. Could be why they're unhappy.

Are you saying net neutrality kicked dailystormer off the internet?

no, the companies that want it did

Imagine being only able to digest one topic at a time, coming to the conclusion that "yes, I would like to allow my ISP to charge me twice or to charge protection money of certain businesses".

What bothers me is both sides are doing super shady shit. I feel that either way, I lose.

I'd rather keep things the way they are now, honestly.

Fuck NN, i don't want my packet treated equal.
I'm superior than the plebs.

You get the failed logic in that statement. It was google and without NN companies like google will have more power.

>It was google
no, it was cloudflare and then several domain registries. and then tor.

point still stands without NN. ISP will have the power to do whatever they want. People aren't wrong in thinking that 4 chan will go away.

For all the benefits I'd be wary of getting government to this, for the obvious reason this would strengthen ability of government and leftie corpos to practice censorship.

if you're concerned about that happening, this net neutrality crap isn't what you're after. you need to start campaigning against malicious actors using "neutral" networks to do their attacks.

at the moment Sup Forums could be destroyed simply by removing it from cloudflare. any script kiddie with a copy of mirai could take it down if it wasn't for cloudflare.

campaign against the chinese and russian governments. 90% of network attacks come from those two countries, and together they can destroy any website that gets knocked off a CDN.

"You get the failed logic in that statement. It was google and without NN companies like google will have more power."

Government censorship power > (greater than) Google censoring power > registrar censoring power > ISP censoring power (or incentive).

NET NEUTRALITY SUPPORTING KIKE SHILLS FUCK OFF

What? Aus posters are just cheeky

t. talktalk

we don't have net neutrality in this country, and what do we get? traffic shaping, bittorrent and various other protocols detected and blocked, deep packet inspection, phorm and other methods of editing the contents of your packets, threatening letters if you actually use the "unlimited bandwidth" connection you paid for...

The big thing about killing NN is that you have to have a way to break up these monopolies as well. If people had a healthy choice of ISPs to use, big players like AT&T would lose a lot of fucking business or be forced to switch up their game.

Poltarded burgers seem to want it abolished because they think it will force netflix users to pay more or something stupid like that. I say let them go ahead and enjoy what they are getting into.

Yeah, not gonna happen. ISPs got those regional monopolies handed out like candies for creating and upgrading the infrastructure (with government subsidies lel). That's why there won't be decent competition anytime soon in most areas.

Well, I just hope Trump's ready to face that beast if NN is canned after all.

It's funny how at some point the US gubment decided to force Microsoft to split because they grew too big and powerful, yet now the same is happening with Google and Apple and nobody seems to care.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorm

>A Non-bait Net Neutrality Thread
>Why are (((Googles))) shilling for it so hard?

lüüüüüüüüül rural and suburban retards are subhuman

Do some research, user.

>We never had Net Neutrality for years and were never subject to "website packages"
>If we get rid of it, internet companies will start doing it

The FCC adopted NN regulations in 2010 right at the start of the big boom of services such as Netflix and Hulu. To protect such companies against being throttled out by the monopolies which are the telecommunications and broadband companies. The 2014 FCC and Supreme Court decisions came after a years long battle of Verizon (Btw the current FCC Chair Ajit Pai used to be Legal Consul for Verizon) suing the Government claiming that the act oversteps the FCC authority.

Companies have been doing this for years:

2005 - Madison River Communications: Blocked VOIP services before the FCC put a stop to it.
cnet.co/2jeYWrI

2007 - Comcast: Caught forging packets to interfere with user traffic
eff.org/deeplinks/2007/10/eff-tests-agree-ap-comcast-forging-packets-to-interfere

2007-2009 - AT&T: Blocked Skype and other VOIP services which competed with their cellphone plans
for.tn/2Apcr35

2011 - MetroPCS: Tried to block all streaming except YouTube
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/

2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon: Blocked access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality

2012 - AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money.
nyti.ms/2zZ5Dbk

2013 - Verizon: Literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891/

2017 - Verizon: Caught throttling customer data in direct violation of FCC Net Neutrality rules
theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766

Please archive or screenshot

>wired com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge
archive.is/LwLMM
>theatlantic com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891
unvis.it/theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/on-net-neutrality-verizon-leads-push-for-fast-lanes/456891
>theverge com/2017/7/21/16010766
unvis.it/theverge.com/2017/7/21/16010766

ISP A cancels some services/sites
ISP B doesn't so everyone switches to them
ISP A forced to offer services to compete
Repeat ad infinium

They don't want ISPs getting their beak wet from their profits. It's not that hard people, Google, Facebook, etc. know that if NN is removed ISPs will start asking them for money in order to not throttle their sites. They also now, ISPs would also ask customers to fork over extra cash to access their sites at full speed.

Is it really so hard to understand why they would oppose this? Imagine you have a store, and some guy puts a gate in front of it and starts charging people who want to come into your store.

* ISP's have monopoly over the market
* Said ISP's own the infrastructure
* The vast majority of places in the US have very limited options to chose ISP's.
* Give them supreme power without any regulation will lead to abuse.
* New ventures are fucked because they won't won't have access to the monopolies pipelines and infrastructure.
* Net Neutrality is the only reason why ISP's can't control what sites you visit, and what sites they like you to visit.
* Net Neutrality is the only reason why you don't have to buy packages for something that you already have access to for free.
* Gutting Net Neutrality is only benefitial for the ISP's that have a monopoly position.

Without Net Neutrality, you as the consumer are fucked.

Well, it made it a lot easier to understand now, thx

>Why should we save Net Neutrality?
So big companies don't get to make you pay for visiting sites.
Also so sites like Sup Forums don't get censored.
>Why are (((Googles))) shilling for it so hard?
ISPS tax companies and users for the service without NN.
>What's the next step on the slippery slope?
AT&T / Verizone don't support your candidate. Well say goodbye to newsoutlets that show him / her in a good light.

55% of you mutts only have one ISP available.

Hurr durr switching !!!!

What is Net Neutrality doing or not doing now that is a problem to the American people that will be solved once it is removed?

So far Net Neutrality, even if its done nothing like you claim, has had nothing but pro consumer implications. All internet traffic is equal and customers arent charged a premium for forcibly gated content. How is that a bad thing?

In Ajits OWN PRESS RELEASE, he says that private investments in the telecommunications industry have gone down since the introduction of NN, which is why these companies are now shilling so hard to get it removed. 3 out of 5 of the FCCs leadership team have either worked or lobbied for a broadband or telecommunications company in the past. And 2 of those 3 were appointed by Trump.

Dont listen to the edgy trolls, OP. Who support the repeal just becuase Leddit and liberals are against it.

This is a serious issue that will set precedent for decades to come.Don't support cooporate sponsored corruption, user.

this feels entirely self inflicted