Do you think it will surpass Punpun?

Do you think it will surpass Punpun?

DeDeDeDeDe thread

it is very likely

I hate waiting for new volumes to be released. It looks like we'll be getting something in January, at least.

Did he start drawing his backgrounds?

It gets translated so infrequently that I can barely remember who's who or what the hell is going on.

I hope so.

No, I think he adds in more hand-drawn lines and other effects in the post-filter stage to his pictures now.

Pun Pun had some beautiful backgrounds, but this feels more authentic.

What a nice surprise. This girl always was a miracle of the universe.

This. I'm happy to wait until it's finished and read it in one go, though.

Anymore pantyshots of her?

Maybe. It's been really fantastic so far.

Yeah, it's a good style. I feel like Asano's one of the few mangaka who knows how to use computers but without the sterile, artificial feeling.

Unless the artist spazzs out and goes full bizarro Kubo on us!

I'm having a fun as fuck time reading this. Waiting for releases is going to be a pain, but getting some more DeDeDeDeDe every few months will be something to look forward to.

Currently going through Asano's previous works. I've read Punpun, A Girl on the Shore, and Solanin. Anything else worthwhile?

Last time I read it I remember some thing about alien kids being murdered and an alien disguising as a human.
He said this would be about cute girls doing cute things, he won't go full edge anymore won't he?

Just started reading literally now and autist-chan is so cute.

Nijigahara Holograph (this one especially, imo)
Before Dawn and the End of the World
What a Wonderful World (Asano's earliest collection of shorts)

There's also Hikari no Machi but I never finished reading that for some reason.

Thanks for the recommendations, and a big thanks for taking the time to translate Punpun!

It has the potential.

So many screen-cappable quotes.

Punpun was badly received bad back in nipland while it was running though. The darker it got, the more the sales dropped. Asano tells us this himself an in interview.

The girls aren't any cute, so no.

I love those Showa-era faces.

Perfect cautionary tale here

This is a good reaction image.

It's the most screencappable manga I've ever read.

so cute

>Solanin, What a Wonderful World and Holograph out of print
Just when I was about to buy the, oh well, at least I have A Girl no the Shore and the first couple Punpun releases.

I still see Solanin at bookstores all the time. I should order Wonderful World for myself though before it becomes impossible to find, I really like that one.

I don't see it in my local comic shop whenever I go in and they usually have a lot of Asano works, still see the Punpun omnibuses and What a Wonderful World but it isn't complete and I imagine one of the volumes might be becoming harder to find but maybe it's because Amazon haven't stocked it in again.

>Female protag
>All female cast
>Surpass anything

>Do you think it will surpass Punpun?
PunPun was trash so even though I know nothing of this I wouldn't be surprised.

maybe

This is by the same mangaka that did Punpun? I've never heard of this. How does it compare?

she is the love of my life

It has cute girls doing really boring things.