Is Sup Forums dying...

Is Sup Forums dying? There are constant newfag threads and rec threads that stay up for hours before any action is taken. Is Sup Forums losing it's identity?

Sup Forums has been dying the past 8 years

REAL anime fans only watch for the subs.

Sup Forums was never been alive in the first place

Based on Sup Forums's annoying reaction to the new season of CG, (I'm a relative newfag of 2.5 years) and how it was allegedly not even as cancerous as it was back when it was airing, I would say Sup Forums is much better than it was 10 years ago.

>is Sup Forums dying
>has always been filled with people who are dead inside

And the 8 jojo threada up. Usually mods banned these pretty quick.

I don't even know why I bother with reporting. Sometimes they get them down quick, other times they are asleep.

older Sup Forumsssholes have stopped posting so much and have reverted back to the days where they just passively lurked
more and more newfags that haven't done their mandatory lurking shitpost freely because they outnumber anyone who wants actual discussion by a ratio of 20:1
generals have gotten horribly out of hand, and if you want to discuss one of the series you're interested in you have to wade through a bunch of retards in order to find someone who won't immediately spout some shitty meme

the fun times are over, only despair ahead

if you care at all, you've already learned japanese

The new mod(s) are 100% to blame. Regular threads that have been on Sup Forums for years such as DJT where older anons gathered and circlejerked peacefully are being quietly purged. Shitposts stay up for at least 30 minutes even if they have scat like that thread just now. New mod is a nip in cahooks with Hiroyuki and a Jojofag, and that's not to mention Hiroyuki's reign of terror that began over a year ago already.

I'd leave too.

Well one thing that hiro said was that he wanted Sup Forums to be open for all. That means newfags can go unchecked. Maybe 2ch was right.

The silent cherrypicking general purging is what really triggers me.

Generals never belonged on Sup Forums in the first place. Mods let DJT stay here with a reason in mind and its obvious its no longer fulfilling the reason so they moved it like the offtopic it is. Deal with it, it isn't a new mod, its modcat and kinomod. They didn't even ban generals, they reinforced older quality standards. You guys just live and breathe in shitposting so much that you have long since lost the capability to see that you are just shitposters now.

>its modcat
LMAO

Take a look at the catalog and the 10 undeleted cancer threads on it. Does it look fixed to you? Yes we live in shitposting.

Maybe the summer (winter) meme is real. Sup Forums is always Sup Forums

Maybe you should encourage the mods to ban that garbage as well instead of bitching they banned you for being garbage, retard. The mods won't do anything if all you do is bitch that they are doing their job, instead of encouraging them do that job. Fucking Sup Forumsermin 2.0 you retards are.

Not that guy but the mods could ban certain things however a higher power exists called hiro. He might not want generals banned or jojo shitters gone. The mods then cannot act.

>Complaining about generals
Seems you live in the past.

Hiro isn't apart of the board or its community. He has no right to actually decide that. That's literally just a threat of "do your job and I'll cry to your boss you are bullying me".

Its not kinomod, I dont know why people keep saying this.

>fuck off dont bitch about us shitposting just ignore it
>years later
>what what do you mean you want to remove us for shitposting we r bord cutre

It is. He even said to message 'kami' on irc which has been registered since 2010. It is kinomod and the burden of proof to disapprove it is on you.

There's always only like 3 worthwhile threads at any given time anyway, just swing by once a week instead of refreshing the catalog all night like a dweeb

>it's a [insert board] is shit now thread
>you'll still be here tomorrow

Yeah, the mod deleted a few generals, but the general quality is still as bad as usual and is getting worse.

Seems you misinterpreted me, most generals are pretty much gone by now so to say they are killing the board would be a delayed response.

>most generals are pretty much gone by now
This is wrong.

why bother moderating a website where 90% of the users are teenagers just here to post things they'd get banned for on reddit

I want to die.

I'm still wondering why yugioh generals stay up every single day

We have
Jojo
Yuri on ice
Dragonball
re zero
flip flap
They are the ones currently making threads all the time and not staying in a single thread.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about, so let me share my opinion
Thanks, user. Based on my knowledge about your personality I can tell that you're a faggot.

A lot more uninteresting threads but it's about the same.

>It's Sup Forums blaming something for "board death" and making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be thread

It has an anime still I'm surprised it still exists though. I don't care because they stay in their containment thread.

Then there Hibikek Euphonium
Kyoani threads
and now even the Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume threads are starting to become generals.

>right
That's a fancy meaningless word. He has the ability to do it, so if he wants to he can

>and not staying in a single thread.
No one cares about this but retards. Fuck off.

>containment thread.
Fuck off.

Why do you post like a retard?

A meta general for shitposting, Sup Forums is not dead then.

user, don't make up random definitions for words that have an already established meaning.
You're not helping anybody by being creative like that.

new Sup Forums sure looks good!

Just make yourself a meta general already, cucks.

The fact that there are generals for all the airing shows is the true indication of the death of the board. Until then, Sup Forums had miraculously still held on for the most part, despite every other board becoming a shithole of normalfags and cancer. But generals for every airing thread? That's just proof Sup Forums is the most dead board of all now. We found the fast lane to becoming shitty. Sup Forums isn't supposed to be a forum, having multiple threads discussing different things about shows and stirring the pot of posters to keep everything from stagnating is how it's supposed to work. For example, go into any airing show thread. It's the same posts, and the same posters. Nothing new get discussed and the discussion is boring. Now look at the Code Geass threads. Some of them might not interest you, or you might find annoying, but each thread has it's own take on the show and discussions, no thread is the same. It might be topics that Sup Forums talked about 10 years ago, but it's a step up and in the right direction from the horrible curse of generals. Imageboards are supposed to be like this, and if you don't like that you should probably fuck off.

What's wrong with the Naruto thread?

Only a few of those threads were inherently shitty. Shows aren't supposed to be contained, this isn't a forum. Fuck off to reddit, I really mean it.
>not recognizing the Lain pasta
Get out, you fucking newfag. How new are you?

Did you try reporting them and then bitching to kami on irc?

of course not that'd take far too much effort I'd rather shitpost.

I genuinely hate how everyone just accepts this now. You can't even call someone out for using ellipsis or typing like this is a chat room.
Oh, you LIKE having 8 different threads of the same show?

>Oh, you LIKE having 8 different threads of the same show?
Yes. This isn't a forum.

Sup Forums isn't dying, I posted a rec thread yesterday and got btfo.
So I went to wsr 2hrs later got reply watch fairy tale... Need I say more.
The problem isn't Sup Forums the problem is Sup Forums in general. what Sup Forums needs is a sticky on the front page of recommended anime and manga so new fags will see it get what they want and comeback enlightened also in big bold letters LURK MOAR, m00ts model of containment boards is what killed Sup Forums, Newfags need to be nurtured if the site is to survive not btfo. Sup Forums is probably one of the hardest boards to follow but is also one of the most rewarding.

>Oh, you LIKE having 8 different threads of the same show?
Yes. How is this a fucking problem? Jesus christ you people are like a broken record. Every time people shit on you, your initial retort is always
>WHAT You what have threads talking about shit
Multiple threads is how this place was intended and it is how discussion truly blossoms. Multiple threads won't be the same, they start off differently and grow differently unlike generals.

CG is a special case and pretty much everyone has seen it. Most of the seasonal shows don't have that much of a huge fanbase to keep 5-6 threads going at the same time, that's why they stay in one thread.

SeeIt's not a mystery that every fucking show is in a general now. Of course I do my best to make good threads, but I'm only one poster.

The mods should expand the rules or at least communicate so we can at least understand why X gets deleted but not X2.

Mod said to report shit and bitch to them on irc. So if nothing else is being deleted, people aren't doing these two things.

Sum 41 - In Too Deep

The main problem is that the mods are trying to implement new rules when there simply aren't enough of them to enforce the current ones.

Remember when Hiroyuki invited discussion on new policy? It was all a bit pathetic to me given that there aren't enough personnel to enforce the current policies. Look across this entire website; the ubiquitous remark is, "More moderation, please!" Unfortunately this got drowned out by the naifs who think that some combination of new policies will magically erase their favorite board's flaws.

People in this thread hoping that a wave of new policies will make their board a better place need to realize that if they aren't enforced either, it will be an exercise in futility.

Now, I'm sincerely hoping that the latest janitor recruitment round will suddenly and conveniently make Sup Forums's moderation sufficient, but I won't be betting any money on it.

But thats not the case tho user. They're all fucking generals at this point.

why bother with anything anymore

I miss the days when every thread wasn't started with some stale meme phrase

Put a sticky on the front page, cater the newfag requests, highlight what's acceptable in the community, etc other boards do this so why not Sup Forums. If a newfag comes in and gets told to got to /wsr/ and has to wait 2hrs to get a response to a rec then they will leave watch shit tier anime comeback and shit tier up the place. Sup Forums is responsible for its own demise.

>other boards do this so why not Sup Forums
Other boards are also just as bad as Sup Forums, if not worse and it has been proved time and time again that
a. stickies do literally nothing and 9.9/10 of the time are ignored
b. spoonfeeding newshits doesn't help anything and only encourages them to be worse users as they think they are entitled
c. no one cares if you watch shit-tier anime and talk about shit-tier anime as long as you aren't a fucking faggot about it

How many mods do we even have?

All of them.
Mods are global.

With the exception of Jojo, i never see them spreading to other threads. What you're on about?

only three who are delusional enough to actually provide moderation

Who knows? But they really need to get once to monitor the board once the ameritards go to sleep.

Yesterday was guro. The day before was CP. The day before that was CP with guro.

Last week there was a thread for around 5 hours up with old men raping little girls.

Fucking have someone here to do their job. Do they even report IP for CP anymore?

need to get one*

Quads. Fucking telling the truth as it is.

>Regular threads that have been on Sup Forums for years such as DJT where older anons gathered and circlejerked peacefully are being quietly purged.

>DJT
>older anons
>peaceful circlejerk

No one is gonna buy that after the shitflinging the DJT posters let loose on Sup Forums.

Some boards are more "global" than others.
For example Sup Forums is heavily moderated compared to Sup Forums.

>and not staying in a single thread
B-but generals are haram.

No, it's about the same as always.

As usual, one of the biggest problems is that (some) people lack the ability to self-moderate. The mods can't always be here 24/7 to babysit the board; that is where the report function comes in. It's important to remember that the more reports a thread receives, the more visible it becomes in the report queue. Even if shit threads can still stay up for far too long due to incompetent moderation it's still better than nothing. Also, don't reply to shit threads without saging. Far too many retards reply to stupid threads just to make an incredibly retarded post. If you're not going to report, then at least fucking sage rather than bump it with an asinine reply and reinforce the OPs faggotry.

There's a serious problem when threads like this are not only archived, but get legitimate responses. Sauce/recfags are becoming far too entitled despite having answers a click away. Blogshit and tumblrtard cancer is common. Normally, it's easy to ignore these things, but the problem is that they're symptomatic of a larger issue: the general atmosphere and population of this board is getting stupider and stupider and self-moderation is becoming far too scarce.

I don't want this place to be serious business 24/7, and I don't believe in using GR6 as a weapon against any shit post I dislike, but certain posts and threads (such as trap threads, template threads, and other low-effort nonsense that invites blogshit and image dumping) just shouldn't be allowed to exist. There are other boards for that kind of nonsense and if you're so desperate for pictures then you can go to a fucking booru.

It's just a crapshoot all around.

Such as?

I'd be butthurt if I were them too. In fact I'm pretty buttblasted, being a boatfucker. We need more proxyfags to spam Sup Forums with shitposts to protest like the scat thread from earlier and the guy that flooded the entire board with CP earlier this week.

shitposting and dubs spamming until a thread falls off the board is the best way to self moderate.

further proof that Sup Forums was a mistake

New mods, not just this batch but since nipplemod have all been shite.