i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481064499003.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But Pops will come back, right?

...right?

>just a Cocona reskin.

>bacstory ep
>Yuyu attacking FlipFlap HQ
My flips aren't ready

Are they attacking Flip Flap base? Fuuuu.

youtu.be/s79Dks0vkk0
IT'S FLAPPENING

>implying shit didn't go down already

>COCONA!

If cat cares about Cocona so much why does she obey the KKK

Will this scene be topped in the next 4 episodes?

>mimi's reaction when salt tells her he daidaidaidai sukis her.

This looks like fun.

Wow who's the cutie on the left?

strawpoll.de/8dccd2f

Wonder what kind of defenses FlipFlap has, for them to send an army of laser-wielding robots.

>We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

I'm betting on Yayaka to save the day.

Now it's my turn to shine! GO my lesbots!

Mr.Pepper

Bu-chan henshins into him.

those toasters from ep 1 could offer token resistance.

>yfw Bu-chan goes kamikaze

She's been indoctrinated by them, since she was young I'm guessing. She still couldnt resist the coconuts tho.

Yayaka's current condition just screams "out of commission until showing up for the climactic finale" which i really wouldn't mind at all.

These guys remind me of the creepy baron from the beginning of Galaxy Express 999.

At the current speed things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if she were up and walking when episode 11 begins.

How did the KKK managed to infiltrate in the FF headquarters?

Is there a mole amongst them?

Yayaka led them right to FF HQ

The tracker in Cocona's arm.

>the KKK finally realizing they can just send their robots next door and steamroll the FF base since they have virtually no defenses

lol

Will Yayaka get her revenge?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481064499003.webm

What the fuck is this

>catching up, was at episode 2
>episode 5 fuck that was spoopy
>and then 6

Holy shit episode 6 was absolutely amazing

Why are episodes 6 always the best.

They needed Cocona and Papika to lead them to the shards

>hasn't seen 9

What's he going to do, harmlessly self-destruct?

Episode 9 was shit.

Ok fine, that makes sense.

Yes, but the tone of episode 6 was extremely different from episodes 7 and 9. Where episode 6 was hazy, stylized, and very ambiguous, like something out of a dream, 7 and 9 were more concrete and realistic, and dare I say it, empty, giving the creator a nice blank canvas on which to paint clear and interpretable symbols.

Episode 6 is less conceptual, and more experiential. The actual world of memories they go into is hazy, awash with possibilities.

7 and 9 were more straightforward, in both visual execution and in what themes they wanted to evoke in you.

I think this corresponds with a change in writers and how they see the world. I really want to avoid talking about Jung, but he had a lot to say about how people think and perceive things.

Not saying I'm not loving what they're doing now, or that I'm not hoping that the director proves me wrong as hell in the upcoming episodes, but I really miss the hazy, undefined nature of the first half of Flip Flappers and what I believe Yunoko brought to the table.

It's still not even in my bottom 99% of anime this season.

Also, I think they used calcium tungstate or lanthanum phosphate and barium aluminate in their lights, to give them that nice dreamy blueish glow, but that's just an assumption since those are the most common phosphor coatings used in industrial applications in Japan.

Nice mimi

>the director meme again

The entire story was worked on together, it's not as though the first six episodes were done without approval from the same team. Basically stop being a pretentious faggot and accept that this has been the plan from the start.

it was i like how they drew the backgrounds not at all this time, it totally doesnt make it look like they blew the budget already

>m-muh alzheimers

Literally the worst episode

>cockona

You're kidding yourself if you think some yuri writer and not Oshiyama was the brain of all those episodes. Oshiyama has a distinct surreal, fantastical touch as seen in his Dandy episode or his AD work on Choi's episode. He worked on Dennou Coil and Ghibli too.

Are you pretending to be retarded or are you completely oblivious to the way anime works?

my fucking waifu

>mimicock

nigger that was bait lurk more

FlipiFlap have known this would happen since Ep3 when Salt said "there is a way"

So he has some masterplan, which probably has something to do with the hacking he was doing in Ep7

This show has everything. An actual well done spoopy episode. A heartwarming episode that deals with alzheimers. Episodes dealing with identity and trauma. A Mad Max episode with Dragon Ball like action. Evangelion/Gundam/Power Rangers/Garren Lagan episode. Actual amazing well detailed art for both characters and background. Amazing ed. An interesting plot that doesn't rely on excessive exposition. Yet, it's still getting poor views in Japan. This is why we can't have nice things. I'm salty.

flip floppers in japan because yuri pandering always flops

threadly reminder, japan does this to themselves with high prices on anime that nobody pays for and self insert harems are the most popular

Sadly is not a very good show outside the animation

5 was great besides being a little bit of a letdown style-wise. I guess it made up for that with the clock tower section? Still, I thought the spooky school could have been better.

Not even Phantom World.

I dunno mang, ep6 was really pretty straightforwards and easy to interpret. Ep9 was similarly obvious in the broad strokes of what it was trying to achieve by presenting Yayaka's story and expressing the conflict, frustration and rage she feels at her situation, but other stuff like the nature of the PI they were in is very ambiguous in a way which 6's PI was not. Theories on which relationship(s) it was based on have included Yayaka/Cocona, Yayaka/KKK, Cocona/Papika, the twins, or any combination of the above.

threadly bait

Like I said, I'm still hoping to be proven wrong here.

I'll watch some of the things you mentioned and see if it gives me some faith here.

>Evangelion/Gundam/Power Rangers/Garren Lagan episode.
Nigga, look up Flashman right now.

What if puppyka is an actual puppy in her PI form? I recall the main boy in Princess ends up with a duck.

It's not flopping because of its content; it's not selling because it's not being marketed at all.

Its funny, I've been drawing comparisons between FliFla and E7 for a while now too. E7 was one of the first shows I watched way back when it was airing that dealt with romance as a main theme and for a while I always got a familiar feeling from FliFla until I realized I was feeling now the same things I felt back then watching that show.

>I recall the main boy in Princess ends up with a duck.
Man, Fakir really got the short end of the stick in that series.

Do these people not make marketing plans before plunking down a huge investment on this stuff?

Well, we've already seen her both in and out of PI and she hasn't turned into a dog.

Same. I remember E7 being a letdown which is why I'm completely ready to be let down by FLFL.

>managed to write a happy ending for all and ended up with best girl
>"short end of the stick"

A duck is fine too.

i stand by this theory

Princess Tutu was one of the few anime I've ever watched where the ending arc was better than the series leading up to it.

If that is true it should enjoy steady sales and make back the investment over a few years, which has happened in the past with series that looked like flops from stalker ranks but one of the companies later said was one of their most successful series.

I really doubt that's what's going on. Matoi hasn't had any more marketing than FF did and it's selling better. Moreover, Ikusei Keikaku, which already had a fanbase and I'm assuming one big enough for an anime adaptation to be considered a good idea, it's actually selling worse than FF.

Maybe the Japs waiting for it to end or something.

This. It seems like a lot of anime production committees are willing to play a long game.

I think the green laser is FlipFlap's defenses. Those flying bolts aren't aligning with their guns and their muzzle blasts have different colors

Hopefully. This anime deserves it. It seems like a potential cult classic. They better not screw the pooch in the ending.

He's going to spray them with green goo

>Ikusei Keikaku
That's a weird case since it's actually fairly entertaining even when you know everything that's about to happen.

Maybe the changes made in the adaptation, like making Snow White more of a waifu, pissed off the original fans.

What demographic is Flip Flappers officially marketed towards? Shonen, seinen etc?

Watashi desu.

Sakugafags and Yurifags

literally me

>green splatter on the wall
Bu-chan no!

Maybe it's just random. Some shows pick up an influential following that talk a lot about it, and that effect just multiplies. Some shows only get a following among isolated pockets of anonymous otaku nobody wants anything to do with, so they languish.

There'll always be winners and losers.

Deepfags like my friend that likes MGS and Silent Hill, but with better taste

Papika must have horrid breath

I wonder how was it like when Papika works with Mimi. Was she obedient to her just like a little puppy?

that's not a defined market, no wonder they flip flopped if they can't even make sure to whom they're selling this show to

>Dr. Salt, I'm Cocona

>caring about markets when creating art

It's a passion project

I'd flip the flap out of her.

Mimi is more attractive than cocona. Salt has a very similar eye colour to Cocona.

So why is Papika reverse Mimi?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

I hope we get a flashback with Salt and Mimi falling in love. It'd be cute as fuck to see the previous Flip Flappers building a relationship paralleling Cocona and Papika's.

>Tiny little pupil marks
Nobody else has these, right?

>salt romancing the the pantsu off Mimi just like Papika has the last 9 episodes
I don't even care about yuri and kissus anymore.

COCONA IN CRISIS!

Two halves of the Direct Drive.

What if we see Papika and Cocona doing it while playing out the memories of Salt and Mimi? Would it help them come to terms with what their relationship really is?

I mean doing it as in papikasalt romancing coconamimi you know what fuck it, yeah, doing it as in having heterosexual sex via someone else's memories.