Can we see where Sup Forums stands on net neutrality once and for all?

Can we see where Sup Forums stands on net neutrality once and for all?

strawpoll.me/14466656

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B03eByZia5I
corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/on-the-internet-day-of-action-comcast-supports-net-neutrality
eff.org/wp/packet-forgery-isps-report-comcast-affair
youtu.be/FNFbzKUiP08
strawpoll.me/14466656
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pls vote

Hello i am your local unpaid shill , i am shilling for internet neutrality,if you are really interested in helping this cause , GET THE FUCK OUT HERE , and publish your opinion in all your social media , like myspace.com ,the popular geocites and Livejournal, publishing your opinion in this echochamber is pissing in a ocean of piss , use your time and energy to convince normies like chads and stacys, tell them how they will lose followers, people will hear their opinion over yours and that will help this cause more than you ever belive, stop feeding the trolls here whic only want to waste your time and get the fitgh were it trully maters , out this circle jerk site .

paypal.me/iamnoting

Hmmmm a lot of retards think we should repeal government only to allow monopolies to fuck us over.

Fuck off kike.
youtube.com/watch?v=B03eByZia5I

It's scary 41% think we should allow monopolies to fuck us over

I seriously think most right wingers are fucking retarded as fuck and useful idiots.

Hmmm.

close

When the mods put a "support net neutrality" sticky up a couple of months ago is when I knew it was bad.

Does anyone actually read that bill? Its really hard to tell as how it affects the cable companies monopolies just with the info present on Sup Forums and the plebbit. Its really suspicious that they would start all this war that can damage Trumps reputation just for the website packets that does not make much sense from logical point of view and have a possiblity of enfuriating the general public.

Government regulation adds cost to running a business.
Businesses are selfish and interested in keeping their paying customers and will try to keep prices low in the presence of competition.

What’s your argument FOR net (((neutrality)))?

>When the mods put a "support net neutrality" sticky up a couple of months ago is when I knew it was bad.

DUDE WE SHOULD LET COMCAST DECIDE WHO GETS INTERNETS

>Government regulation adds

Stopped reading here

I thought libertardians died off? Apparently they became Trumpfaggots.

DUDE WHY DOES COMCAST SUPPORT NET NEUTRALITY

>DUDE WE SHOULD LET COMCAST DECIDE WHO GETS INTERNETS
How about if you don't like an ISP you change you retard.

You forgot to add

>I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE

Bet it wouls get atleaste 40%

They can't answer complicated questions like that, it requires a bit of independent thought and research on the topic.

>WHY DOES COMCAST SUPPORT NET NEUTRALITY

Comcast does not support net neutrality

Nice work shill

>They can't answer complicated questions like that, it requires a bit of independent thought and research on the topic.

The answer is Comcast and version DO NOT SUPPORT NET NETRALITY

>How about if you don't like an ISP you change you retard.

HOW ABOUT YOU LOOK UP MONOPOLIES?

>DUDE WHY DOES COMCAST SUPPORT NET NEUTRALITY
>They can't answer complicated questions like that

What comcast says:
corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/on-the-internet-day-of-action-comcast-supports-net-neutrality
>Our business practices ensure full protections for our customers and the public, and will continue to do so no matter which direction the FCC ultimately decides to go with its Open Internet regulations. The scare tactics being pursued by some groups that ISPs like Comcast will block or throttle lawful content are simply untrue.

What comcast actually does (example):
eff.org/wp/packet-forgery-isps-report-comcast-affair
EFF has run tests of Comcast's treatment of BitTorrent, Gnutella, and World Wide Web (i.e., HTTP) protocols. We have seen definite interference by injection of RST packets into certain classes of BitTorrent and Gnutella TCP sessions (which we explain in more detail below).

>HOW ABOUT YOU LOOK UP MONOPOLIES?
What's it like wanting the government to control every aspect of your life?

Hate speech is illegal in Europe and Straya.
Sup Forums would be blocked there.
WIN WIN!

>What's it like wanting the government to control every aspect of your life?

You are on the internet because of net neutrality, is it controlling your life in every aspect right now?

>What's it like wanting the government to control every aspect of your life?
How is that related to ensuring that data is treated indiscriminatory equal regardless of content ?
You seem to let your anger against gov interfere with your decision making.

>Hate speech is illegal in Europe and Straya.

Is America Europe?

>You seem to let your anger against gov interfere with your decision making.

Americans hate BIG GUMINT so they would support getting fucked over by big telco companies

>Americans hate BIG GUMINT so they would support getting fucked over by big telco companies
I am noticing that going into the talking points of people with these views, they do not respond any more at some point. Probably still remain in their anger and are unable to advance their stance.

Here in Norway its law, got signed in last winter as law, existed as a principle before that.

>tfw when not a burger and will be able to visit the Sup Forums clones...

Not an argument.

Is 122 a big enough sample? I have no idea

Please note if you are against net neutrality you should die in a fire.

Why is net neutrality a good thing?
All data is equal
Low price for internet
No mass jewry of the net
Keeps adds to a minimum
More access to sites
The list is longer but here's a start.

Why is it a bad thing?
No reasons.

If you all want to fall down in an endless pit of commercials and rich Jews jewing you, losing net neutrality is your thing.

If one thing the net is for the people, not big companies jewing and brainwashing you.

NN is good, paid shills and misguided newfags want it gone.
NN is the only good thing obongos done is his fucked up life.

yea Im starting to think the same thing after the conversations Ive had on here the last couple days.
websites without a username and registration date simply cant work anymore.

I'll add a video to help. Good explanation of why NN is a good thing.

youtu.be/FNFbzKUiP08

My argument for NN is that there is no competition in that particular industry in the US. You can either get comcast or direct tv. Pick one.

Without a broader market competing, you will not see prices go down at all, so your argument is fucking stupid.

NN is one of the reasons why google is the biased shithole it is.

yea that worked out good for phone companies huh, whole fuck ton of competition there.
its all the same shit plans with the same shit limitations.

ISPs spent over 100 mil lobbying to get rid of NN. Why wouldn't they spend at least a mil on shills?

Anyone else like Trump but still wanna keep net neutrality?

Why do you want the FCC to have power that they themselves say is too much for them to have? That is peak cuck behavior.

Soros alone has spent far more than that shilling in favor of Bureaucratic control over the internet.

But can you tell me how he'd benefit from NN? I can tell you why ISPs would benefit from the repeal.

Net Neutrality is you subsidizing other people’s streaming addiction. It’s Obamacare for the Internet. Young shitposters pay the bills for television watching boomers. Fuck Netflix. Fuck Xfinity. I don’t want it to be illegal to avoid paying YouTube’s bills. NN is holding my Nepalese sand mandala website hostage to support Hollywood’s Kikel-propaganda without my even watching it.

Because it's easier to convince a tiny group of bureaucrats to sensor speech than it is to convince an entire corporate structure, their competitors, customers etc. They've been trying for decades to sensor the internet and they were finally making progress with the FCC take over in 2015, which was supposed to be for HIllary's FCC. Trump's FCC came along and said "This is way too much power for us to have. Please try to understand the implications of giving a tiny group of unaccountable bureaucrats complete control over the internet. Let's go back to 2015 and try other options.". How do NN-fags respond? With random buzzwords they memorized from the TV.

No faggot we were here and just fine without ((( net neutrality )))

The FCC has a version lawyer so America is double cucked

Yeah because the fcc has done so much good. Fuck off, we were just fine before (((net neutrality )))

I just don't understand how repealing NN will do any good.

And it's still not a good reason to abandon it.

Look at what telecom providers did, the competition was there did your costs go down? No you got more products for your cell phone which was revolutionariesed as the market started mid 90's for the general public.

Do you trust big companies to lower prices? My experience tells me they don't the average price of an Icrap phone or android goes up. Why is that because of lack of competition or because they are only in it for jewing you out of your money?

Has your average cable subscription gone down? You need to be aware that now you have the complete package of internet, why should they offer you the same service if they are allowed to split it into packages charging you more for less.

The cost of living is only going up, why do you trust the same companies that are making everything more expensive rather than your government? I'm not a big government fan boy but some regulations do make sense like health and security and making sure that big business doesn't screw the individual over.

>strawpoll.me/14466656
how much will blacked and reddit cost???

Let's make Internet government regulated like television and radio, that worked out well for TV and radio

You mean a few companies with complete control. Companies you don't ((work )) for.

So (((they))) are turning the internet into cable?

The internet killed those and tv is privatized.

Its why no one gives a fuck about tv anymore.

That's not how this works, kiddo. The onus is on you to prove that a tiny group of unaccountable appointed bureaucrats should have the power to micromanage the internet when they themselves say they should not have that kind of power. That's like begging a nigger to cuck you while he tries to talk you out of it.

Oh look someone wants people to give up anonymity while they shout about freedom of the Internet. Wonder who's behind this post.

And by leaving nonelected government body's in charge of what's what is a good idea

Sure, trust companies, like pharmaceutical or oil or cars or telecom or oh wait we all know they are working together with each other to screw us out of our money. Why is the price of all these going up and the price difference of their products marginal? Is it because it is to be beneficial to the consumers or to profits?

Monopolies are mostly local government caused.

Those beurocrats changed and worked or works for said companies. It's using to government for special interests.

But a tiny group of ISP's would have the power to micromanage it too

>You mean a few companies with complete control.
Listen to yourself, brainlet. You claim to be worried about power being centralized, and your solution is to centralize power to an even tinier group that's even less accountable and doesn't even want that kind of power. Use your fucking brain and muster up a single coherent thought. It won't kill you.

Well, just hand it all over with no balance then. We will see the results.

They already do. Nothing in NN prevents them from doing the things you want to keep NN for.

Voted No because I'm not a brainlet

Nowhere near as tiny as a handful of bureaucrats who don't even want the power, numale. Since you're clearly too young to remember before 2015, let me assure you that the internet was just fine.

I'm confuesd. Reddit is for Net Neutrality and Trump is against Net Neutrality. That should mean that Sup Forums is against Net Neutrality. But why are we having these threads?

NN isn't complete power, only bandwith, these few companies have billions of dollars of breathing room. You can't refute this with memes.

I'm against net neutrality because i want Amerimutts out of my Sup Forums

It's more about making sure they don't screw you over. Imagine meds not being regulated... You'd be popping poison for all you know. The system as it is now works as follows :

Private companies offer the services, the government regulations make sure you don't get screwed, making sure a minimum of quality is provided.

Yeah, we totally need to give control of the internet to the government. They always run everything better than the free market.

ISPs can write their own policies, they can't micromanage the entire internet like you want the FCC to do. Use your fucking brain. There's a reason the Trump FCC thinks it's too much power. It's because they're right. A tiny group of people in a dark room shouldn't be able to literally micromanage every aspect of the internet, include content you can read. That was clearly set up for Hillary's administration to combat "muh russia", in other words, sensor speech her handlers don't like. Stop being a cuck and be thankful that the FCC is willingly giving up their power without us having to lobby the shit out of them.

2005 – North Carolina ISP Madison River Communications blocked VoIP service Vonage.

2005 – Comcast blocked or severely delayed traffic using the BitTorrent file-sharing protocol. (The company even had the guts to deny this for months until evidence was presented by the Associated Press.)

2007 – AT&T censored Pearl Jam because lead singer criticized President Bush.

2007 to 2009 – AT&T forced Apple to block Skype because it didn’t like the competition. At the time, the carrier had exclusive rights to sell the iPhone and even then the net neutrality advocates were pushing the government to protect online consumers, over 5 years before these rules were actually passed.

2009 – Google Voice app faced similar issues from ISPs, including AT&T on iPhone.

2010 – Windstream Communications, a DSL provider, started hijacking search results made using Google toolbar. It consistently redirected users to Windstream’s own search engine and results.

2011 – MetroPCS, one of the top-five wireless carriers at the time, announced plans to block streaming services over its 4G network from everyone except YouTube.

2011 to 2013 – AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon blocked Google Wallet in favor of Isis, a mobile payment system in which all three had shares. Verizon even asked Google to not include its payment app in its Nexus devices.

2012 – AT&T blocked FaceTime; again because the company didn’t like the competition.

2012 – Verizon started blocking people from using tethering apps on their phones that enabled consumers to avoid the company’s $20 tethering fee.

2014 – AT&T announced a new “sponsored data” scheme, offering content creators a way to buy their way around the data caps that AT&T imposes on its subscribers.

2014 – Netflix started paying Verizon and Comcast to “improve streaming service for consumers.”

2014 – T-Mobile was accused of using data caps to manipulate online competition.

>implying the government doesn't control it either way
You fucking idiot. Literally the only difference is without net neutrality you can only go on mainstream sites and it costs more.

The left has lied and deceived on every issue and they always expose their ulterior motive after the fact. Why would net neutrality be any different?

Fess up to the bullshit you've lied about in the past and I might considering hearing what you have to say on net neutrality.

They keep reintroducing SOPA under different names. If this gets shot down, it's coming back.

I don't like it at all but there's a lot of power behind the push for it

Before 2015 we were fine.... sooooooo

Trump is also pro-Israel etc. Yet many on Sup Forums would disagree.

I already know you don't know what Net Neutrality is, I don't need convincing. In 2015 the FCC reclassified ISPs as "common carriers", which was the complete take over of the internet by the Obama FCC. Their first course of action was to implement 400 pages of pre-written regulations, which was to be one of many future steps to regulate (censor) the internet. These two actions in 2015 are what's being repealed by the Trump administration. It's time to stop parroting what the man on the TV tells you to parrot and pay fucking attention.

now those kinda prices might get my attention. have to find some cheaper sites.

Listen brainlet, if you kill all your customers, you don't make money. If you make a shit product, you don't keep customers

>That spacing

We all know where you copypasta'd this from.

there is absolutely no reason to continue supporting the FCC and this "Net Neutrality" .I'd rather a thousand ISP's than 2 mega giants about to merge and entrap the American public into another "Standard Oil Company"
FTC is the appropriate body, if we want to regulate it anyway.

Sorry, this thread is for people who actually know what Net Neutrality is. Please go to Reddit if you want to copy and paste buzzwords.

muh spacing

inb4 50/50

We actually weren't, it was becoming more popular for companies to screw with end users traffic like not giving or restricting acces to them.

That really isn't the case, people are constantly influenced by media etc you could create a crap product and still have people begging for it. Ie hiphop

wtf why are soros bots manipilating the fuckng strawpoll we need more yes votes!!!

only thing i need from all that is google n youtube.

Issues like this are the reason no one takes free market absolutists seriously. There is nothing for anyone but big business to gain from this. You're being useful idiots for neoliberal corporatism.

can you herd autistic cats?

2015 - The Obama FCC reclassifies ISPs as "common carriers", effectively taking over the internet

2015 - The first 400 pages of internet regulations are implemented behind closed doors. The first of any number of future regulations that can be implemented as this tiny group of bureaucrats see fit.

2017 - The Trump FCC tells us it's too much power for them to have and tries to explain to people the danger of giving a tiny group of beurocrats this power

2017 - NN fags beg the FCC to keep power they don't want, effectively cucking themselves.

Laughing at amerigoblins having to deal with shitty, expensive ISPs

>I'm HAPPY to throw away my consumer rights!
The state of this board.

they'll make it transparent that they're fucking us in the ass

people arn't gonna pay that for that.

>>I'm HAPPY to throw away my consumer rights!
Not all of us are like that. Some of us are anti net neutrality and thus care about our rights.

NN protects consumer rights.