How did Sup Forums react to this?

How did Sup Forums react to this?

Confetti and cake were involved

A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIGH SCHOOL GIRL

It was a cause for celebration.

Mostly rage at Rolo as I recall. Shirley wasn't incredibly popular, but she was recognised as a nice girl who did nothing to deserve the way she got screwed over.

I thought Rolo was a piece of shit, I wasn't too sad about shirley though.

Laughter.

Rolo did nothing wrong.

Everyone called Rolo a raging homofaggot i remember. the shirleyfags were pretty pissed off.

>R1, ep 13 - Shirley gets Geass'd and mindwiped
>R2, ep 13 - Shirley gets Rollo'd

A-at least nothing bad can happen to her in R3, right?

Actually it was ep 14 of R1.

It was certainly a turning point in the series.

30% Were Sad
20% Cried
20% Were Happy
20% Didn't Give a Shit
10% Laughed

If the new anime is only 12 episodes, she'll be totally alright.

I'm torn. If there's 12/13 episodes, they'll have to tighten up the plotting, but it'll leave out the filler, which can only add to the trainwreck factor.

Shirley wasn't best girl but her death made the least sense.

Also fuck Rolo.

I wanted Rolo to die.

The board was literal cancer for the rest of the day. Jesus Christ it was insanely dumb. I think episodes 21 and the final episode eclipsed it (Rocketmoto was spammed for weeks) but Shirley's death was a mess for the board.

How was it a mess?

Based Rolo. Seriously Rolo saving Lelouch was one of the best parts of R2

HA HA HA HA HA. It was almost as hilarious as Euphie's death

Rolo's death scene was a lot better desu.

I don't know why but I never cared too much for Shirley. I was like oh that's sad. That said I wanted Rolo ducking dead.

Cried more when rolo sacrificed himself, even if he was a prick I still felt really bad when he did that

Didn't hate her, but I didn't hate rolo for doing it.
>would let rolo be my onii-san

>felt kind of sad for her, but who really cares?

Probably because Shirley was just kind of there, she wasn't very important to the plot besides being a potential love interest for Lelouch.

Made me sad and then legit mad. I'm not even a shipper and the poor girl was smacked around more than a ball in a pinball machine. To top it off instead of getting something to make up for everything she lost she was just royally fucked over.

fucking rolo man, death was too good for him

She was supposed to represent the average citizen who got fucked over by Lelouch.

Euphinator was on a different level because, though she was raising death flags, you couldn't possibly see the ridiculous circumstances of her death coming. Shirley raised a bunch of death flags as soon as they showed Rollo going extra yandere and got him into close proximity with her.

I WILL SAVE YOU SHIRLEY

She dindu nuffin she a gud girl

No tears my man.

>Staying in a fucking war zone.

I fuckin cheered. The only thing better than that was when rollo himself was offed.

She had her father killed by Lelouch on accident, gets mind raped by chinkman Mao reading all her broken thoughts, gets Geass'd by Lelouch to "protect her", gets regeassed by Charles pre-S2, ungeass'd by Orange and remembers EVERYTHING, gets fucking Rolo'd for mentioning Nunnally and then gets Geass'd in her last breaths as she pleads her last wishes to the Lelouch.

I fucking felt so bad I was so glad Rolo died minus the fact he had an honorable redemption death.

She was one of my favorite girls despite knowing she would never win the Lelouchb owl

They would dig and rape her corpse?

Nah, her body(to be more precise, her brain) will be used for Project R

Being Shirley was suffering.

Being Shirley's mom is suffering.

FTFY

>be shirleyfag
>shrley get shoot

Code Geass was so garbage, that I forgot she was shoot.

I wanted Rolo to die. Then he died and I felt empty.

Her death scene gored me. She was a simple girl, but she was sincere. To see her die like a fucking dog while bleeding out her feelings to Lelouch was gruesome.

Meta as fuck

It was a disaster, with 90% of threads being that exact screenshot, and the OP post being some incoherent rage against Rollo.

New users who are only parroting what they heard from memes will tell you that nobody cared, and that "lol, Code Geass was just funny, no one took it seriously!", but it's just because they weren't actually there.

Lelouch had a girl for each of his lives/identities. Shirley for Lelouch Lamperouge, Kallen for Zero and CC for Lelouch Vi Britannia. Shirley's death represented the end of his regular highschooler life.

I distinctly remember fucking rolo being a thing back then

I don't see why they couldn't save her since Mao got basically shot to shreds and lived.

Someone needs to stream some Code Geass in its entirety just before the beginning of S3.