Season/story arcs that took a series from incredible to absolute shit

Season/story arcs that took a series from incredible to absolute shit

The arc in Boku no Hero Academia where All Might didn't die. The author better create a much bigger threat.

I disagree. I think the point of All Might's survival was to hobble deku's development- if All Might had died, Deku would have something to avenge. Things are pretty much the same for him.

Hands, however, lost his mentor and a number of allies. Now he has a very strong reason to improve himself.

>That English logo

Jesus fucking Christ.

It wasn't absolute shit, it just got repetitive and didn't have any other story arcs within it to keep it fresh. Part 4 did everything right, though.

It's not just repetitive as in villain of the week, the villains have this bizarre specific cycle.

Joseph- will be infected by something. Be it a brain eater, or magnetism, or a weird arm tumor. Also hes not allowed to be nearly as cool or useful as he was, and is now an oaf.

Polnareff- will always somehow get separated from the group, only to barely beat the enemy or get saved by someone at the last second.

Jotaru- will take a shit ton of punishment and then just destroy the enemy because if there wasn't some retarded circumstance he could have 1 shot him right away. Also, we're going to give him less screen time than polnareff for some insane reason.

Part 3 is a Saturday Morning show like He-Man, TMNT, or Power Rangers. It's villain-of-the-week and DIO is the Skeletor/Shredder/Rita Repulsa of the series.

Furthermore, it's also a road trip in the same vein as Easy Rider, The Cannonball Run, or The Muppet Movie. It's about the journey being made, the stops along the way, not the destination.

Part 3 did nothing wrong.

I blame part 4 and 5

So should I be watching each part as basically a different show placed in the same universe? Because I guess this season is only bad when compared to part 2

>parts 4, 7, and 8
>not incredible

>Also hes not allowed to be nearly as cool or useful as he was

This constantly infuriates me in any story, what's even the point of having a character return if they're not even close to the same character.

What was the point of bringing him back if he's just the dumb old man character. He takes longer to see through a mirror trick than Polnareff, he'll constantly take dangerous roundabout solutions to really simple problems, and he'll never use Hamon even when it would have made things so much easier.

The peak of this for me was his coin and cup game against D'arby. There was no reason for him to lose that game to anyone because he could always influence the surface tension with Hamon and no one would even be able to sense that he's cheating. Instead he needs to lose so we can get another villain for Jotaro to effortlessly beat to establish him as the biggest badass ever.

Joseph was a much better protagonist than Jotaro (though I still like him) but everything else I liked in Part 3 better. Stands were more interesting than hamon, the protagonist group had better chemistry and interactions, and even the shittiest stand user of the week like the Gray Fly guy was more interesting than the fucking Pillar Men (only one who I liked even a little was Wham). Main character is important but it can't carry a story on its own.

>he could always influence the surface tension with Hamon and no one would even be able to sense that he's cheating

Hamon isn't like stands. Anybody could see it, especially D'arby. And the moment D'arby saw it he'd have taken Joseph's soul in a heartbeat.

Kakyoin- Always on the verge of being kicked out of the group.

Abdul- Never does anything.

Iggy- Isn't anywhere to be seen.

Notice how the character that died were also the ones to get the least amount of screen time? Abdul being absent for the first half, Kakyoin in the second half, and Iggy was pretty much nonexistent.

Doesn't excuse the fact that Dio vs Jotaro was one of the shittiest fight in the series and ruined the ending completely.

>DIO is the Skeletor/Shredder/Rita Repulsa of the series.
A big problem I have with Stardust Crusaders is how absent Dio is from most of it. Those villains show up damn near every episode. You're lucky if you see Dio more than once every 10 before the final battle. And even then it's just him sitting in the shadows acting menacing. The journey is fun, but the destination should be far more present in the viewers minds. If you hadn't already watched part 1, you probably wouldn't give a shit about Dio until he starts beating on the protagonists. The only other villain I feel has this issue is Diavolo, who isn't all that memorable either beyond King Crimson.

Dio vs Jotaro was amazing in the OVA.

Was the OVA fight really that good? Because the fight in the manga and anime was complete ass.
Most boring climax I've ever seen.

I think it actually works better in Diavolo's case because he has the mystery aspect about him that DIO doesn't have. Also, he's still present in the story way more than DIO was in Part 3. The problem with Diavolo is that Araki never delivers on the mystery. Diavolo is an enigma to a fault. So little is known about his backstory and the reasons for his motivations that it makes the mystery surrounding him feel pointless by the end of it. So while I think Diavolo worked in the moment, in hindsight he's incredibly disappointing because nothing ever amounted from his character.

Essentially.

Part 4 is murder mystery/psych thriller

Part 5 is gang wars

Part 6 is GORE

Part 7 is western

Part 8 is identity crisis

The OVA fight was amazing. Excellent lighting, great tension, beautifully detailed setting, smooth flowing animation, etc. The rest of the OVA was complete ass, but that fight was godly.

Truth. The most interesting part about Diavolo was Doppio.

>The rest of the OVA was complete ass

Everything made in 1993 was great. The D'Arby game is actually what motivated me to check out Kaiji and Dio's hunt of Kakyoin and Joseph was extraordinarily well directed by Satoshi Kon. To be honest, I haven't much bothered with the newer OVAs that details what happened prior to the Egypt Arc not only because I heard that they were bad but simply because even in the manga not much of interest occurs before Egypt; it's monster of the week.

>more edgy bait thread

Not only that, it makes a fuckin' noise. Speedwagon and Zeppeli mentioned the "ringing of hamon" a few times.