Why does society hate geniuses?

It seems to me that the exceptionally rare genius is almost a different species than the average man.

What is his purpose, and why does society detest him?

Good book to read: The Genius Famine by Edward Dutton and Bruce G. Charlton.

Other urls found in this thread:

michaelwferguson.blogspot.com.mt/p/the-inappropriately-excluded-by-michael.html
youtu.be/EuOSKzYfAgE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Herd mentality. They're categorized as different by those who can't adequately understand them.

Op is so smart he must have like a 200.iq

How do you think the genius of the past or present can deal with this very fundamental hostility?

Ooga boogs, he different, different bad, kill him ooga booga.

Basically this.

Thanks, brah.

So you'd say it is just an automatic, unconscious tribal response to the "other"?

>You want EVIDENCE of this claim? YOU'RE EVIL! YOU'RE DUMB! I'm the smart one!

>What, you have evidence? BUT THIS IS BAD! That makes it wrong! YOU'RE EVIL! YOU'RE DUMB! I'm the smart one!

Not all, but yes most feel this way.

Ooga booga is absolutely justified. There are some retarded motherfuckers walking around that think they're on his level. Have you seen some of the faggots that try to talk to Elon Musk? Youtube it. Fucking embarrassing.

Converting to Judaism and using their immense IQ to control the goyim into doing their bidding.

So textbook Dunning-Kruger?

How do you think a genius might cope with this?

Not taking heed of them or replying to the fallacy of their claims.

If you're so fucking smart you'll sort out a way to get by. This is the real reason nobody gives a fuck about smart people - they know they're smart enough to land on their feet.

>Ooga booga is absolutely justified.

Lmao. Yeah, I know what you mean. It really is embarrassing to witness, I agree.

Checking them digits

Why should the genius bother to create or inspire then? If he recognizes the silliness of his brethren, what motivates such a man?

Why the hostility? Perhaps the genius is capable of "getting by" in normal society, but what has he to live for? His motivations are not the same, and he hasn't any societal structures from which to find support.

jealousy

Why do you think there is often not the same type of envy present for other inborn superior traits such as bodily strength or sport ability?

The average person often admires and respect the superior bodily specimen, but hates the superior mind.

I do agree with you though, but I don't fully understand it.

If everyone secretly thinks they are geniuses, what do actual geniuses feel like?

This is a great question. I couldn't tell you why, but I can offer a controversial topic which connects nicely: Nootropics/Smart Drugs.
>Why are SSRIs and Stimulants prescribed?
It is an attempt to bring those at a mental disadvantage closer to the "normal" level.
>Since there is an ambiguous level of cognitive disadvantage for all people, there is an ambiguous cognitive "baseline."
>What happens when sound-minded individuals take cognitive enhancing drugs?
That baseline is pushed, and people begin to get worried about ethics. Too smart? Inhuman? Justified?
>What does the government have to say?
Throughout the world, these kinds of drugs are in the grey area. The issue of Nootropics isn't just about adderall and zoloft, it's about small, popular enhancers like piracetam and GABA. Some are banned in the UK, legal for import but not for sale in Canada, outlawed by the FDA in the USA, prescribed in Russia... nobody really knows a definitive way to deal with them.
>Why is it so legally grey?
Because they're usually nothing more than a cocktail of helpful compounds which improve nueron connections in various ways. It doesn't work for everyone, and it's fairly new. Either way,
>Why are we so afraid of them?
Same reason that we're all afraid of geniuses, they push that cognitive "baseline" beyond the normal person's ability, and suddenly we don't like it. It's not an invalid concern, it personally creeps me out.

There's a lot more to this question and the one OP brought up. Thoughts?

if you're an actual genius, it's not particularly hard to fucking notice that basically all other people are dumber than you. if you can't make this work to your advantage, you're no genius.

His purpose is to surpass and replace mankind.

>In evolutionary biology, adaptive radiation is a process in which organisms diversify rapidly from an ancestral species into a multitude of new forms, particularly when a change in the environment makes new resources available, creates new challenges, or opens new environmental niches.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that Zoloft was considered a Nootropic.

I would have to slightly disagree with you that administering drugs like amphetamine or other cognitive enhancers (at therapeutic doses, of course) tend towards bringing disadvantaged or average minds beyond their baseline. What I have observed is that the average philistine, when under the influence of such drugs, simply become more annoying versions of themselves. They aren't enhanced as much as they are exaggerated.

It is only when the nootropic is administered to a sufficiently intelligent mind that real, qualitative leaps are seen, at least from what I have observed.

Then what is the genius?

I disagree with the second-half of your observation. While, surely, with enough self-reflection a genius will come to know he is one, I doubt that most true geniuses (and not merely higher than average IQ, but outlier level of IQ with creative tendencies) would try to exploit their environments negatively.

Perhaps if he leaned towards sadism and cold psychopathy, but I'm not so sure that a true sadism is compatible with genius; misanthropy, certainly, but not real desire to harm.

Care to elaborate? What are you suggesting then?

Most geniuses don't look like niggers so it's incredibly racist to think being a genius is a good thing.

>genius famine
easily solved with genius sperm banks/donors.

its easier to make money if you're smart
also intelligence is hereditary and so not everyone has the same chance
you don't need a one-in-a-million brain to go to the gym

>>>/eugenics/

Jews always supported their geniuses, even if they didn't make money.

Genius is almost always a genetic dead-end. Unlike high IQ, genius is not inherited. Genius is a combination of traits, only one of which includes extremely high IQ.

Except for their most profound genius, Jesus.

Genius bump.

michaelwferguson.blogspot.com.mt/p/the-inappropriately-excluded-by-michael.html

>The probability of entering and remaining in an intellectually elite profession such as Physician, Judge, Professor, Scientist, Corporate Executive, etc. increases with IQ to about 133. It then falls about 1/3 by 140. By 150 IQ the probability has fallen by 97%! In other words, a significant percentage of people with IQs over 140 are being systematically and, most likely inappropriately, excluded from the population that addresses the biggest problems of our time or who are responsible for assuring the efficient operation of social, scientific, political and economic institutions. This benefits neither the excluded group nor society in general. For society, it is a horrendous waste of a very valuable resource. For the high IQ person it is a personal tragedy, commonly resulting in unrealized social, educational and productive potential.

>Leta Hollingworth studied profoundly gifted children. She reported them as having IQs of 180+, which was a R16 score. As such, on today's tests this equates to 159+. Her conclusion was that when IQ differences are greater than 30 points, leader/follower relationships will break down or will not form. It establishes an absolute limit to the intellectual gulf between leader and followers. She also concluded that there was an D15IQ 'sweet spot' of best outcomes from 123 to 144.

I've read this, very interesting, and troubling. Thanks.

You develop a filter,

Basically ignore 99% of things, its mostly just noise anyways.

Lonely life, if you are lucky find someone who sponsors/mentors you.

How would you go about finding someone like that?

Also, what do you think would motivate such a man? If 99% of things and people are mere noise to the genius (which I agree with you on), what on earth could possibly move him?

Necessity. Love for the innocents that will be born into such a fucked up world and trying to prevent them from becoming such fucked up adults like previous generations. Like a gardener, the genius knows not all seeds will sprout guaranteed, but those that do will carry on to make more. Evil only triumphs when good men do nothing.

ITT: anons beat around the bush but ultimately stop short of directly identifying themselves as this elusive genius figure

and basically most of anons in this thread, too
>Why does society hate geniuses?
>tfw I'm a genius
>tfw I have no achievements in life, and in fact, did with it significantly less than an average person.
>Is it my responsibility?
>No, it must be society who hates, and thus bullied and impeded me.
You aren't a genius. You are an opposite of one.

I like that. Thank you for the reply.

Would you say then that the works of genius are really only for the geniuses of the future? Or that the aim of genius is to increase the quality of the common herd as well?

No one wants to hear your fucking folk rock EP

Envy

lol noted.

Because they're lazy cunts. It was literally my dream to be a genius. Instead I am average and have to work hard as fuck to make up for it.

Sucks. If I had their brains I'd have fucking built an empire by now.

Perhaps this is a tacit statement on the view that society holds towards geniuses.

It is the real love that dare not speak its name.

same reason why there's fluoride in your water

I have been wondering why there has been such a massive lack of geniuses in our time, myself. Especially considering that the population has never been as massive as it is now. You would almost expect to see more. I suspect that modern society hates them, but it is also full of obstacles and distractions that ultimately impede the actualization of would be geniuses.

Talks lot says little
Japanese gameshow website
Remains unimpressed

Or so you think. What if your entire value system was drastically, and negatively, affected, such that the boon of genius becomes the curse and vexation of spirit?

You really should read the book in my OP. It tackles the very things you mention here. Very interesting read.

How am I talking a lot and saying little? My aim isn't to impress, but to understand.

youtu.be/EuOSKzYfAgE

He has his own motivations to live for and probably would do so if he were not constrained by modern societal structures. Many geniuses of old were able to get patrons to support them. Now you have to basically buy a degree, otherwise no one will give you a second glance. For those who cannot do so, their genius cannot be honed, or otherwise, just goes unrecognized. Additionally, many of them do not have the resources to further their own interests. They are forced to stay in society as "productive members" although they are never truly permitted to reach their full potential. In addition to being isolated by their own intelligence and eccentricity, many probably become very cynical. This cynicism (even if honest) can be distasteful to normies.

Don't stand out, don't excel and especially don't win. Otherwise we will make your life a living hell.

there is a more robust and accessible patronage system than there has ever been in history. Not to mention "works of genius" are more cost effective than ever to make!

Christ. Yeah, that's about the extent of it. I've never seen that movie before.

Well said. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think you are right over the target.

What are your thoughts on self-publishing, assuming that one's particular field permitted its use?

You're welcome. It's both. The not yet fully realized genius concentrates on himself and other geniuses and their perspectives. The fully realized genius knows that this is a dead end and aims to increase the overall quality of the common herd as well. The selfish immature perspective versus the selfless (to an extent)mature perspective.

Well the setup for Goodman/The Devil's little outburst is John Turturros character loudly agonizing over how terrible being a genius is without letting anyone else get a single word in to even agree or share their own experiences. You might've misread the tone/catharsis without that context.

If you don't watch Rick and Morty don't dare call yourself smart.

I would say that I agree with this. Just because one is not profoundly self serving does not necessarily mean that he isn't a genius. One may be eclectic, eccentric, and ultimately brilliant, but meanwhile they could also be socially dysfunctional.

Not even worth a b8 image meme flaggot

Saved, thanks.

Ah, yeah - I definitely did then lol.

I plan to pick it up, it does sound profoundly interesting. Thanks.

Yeah we shouldn't care about geniuses, we should care about people of barely middling intelligence like you and only them.

It nags at an idea of a universal human genius :^)

Very interesting. So do you mean that he realizes that self-study and study of those like him ultimately offer diminishing returns (once self-illumination is achieved), at which point he then creates his own work to add to the sum of art or science for the benefit of all?

You're very welcome. It's actually free on their site, but they do have it for sale on Amazon I think.

Literally me but I disagree with the term socially dysfunctional. I drive a forklift for a living and know just how stupid and or lazy most people are. Sometimes I think that I should have become a priest when I had the chance but then I remember that it's just another society but with more faggots and pedos. I just want to do my best to help people

Because they want a society of sheep, they don’t want to deal with anyone that can oppose their agendas or question their dogma. They only want control this is why I and many like myself fled from society and have taken the secret oath to out Jew the Jews.

Yes. Either what you said or they make it a goal to make others work that they benefited from more easily understandable to all.

You're the genius... you figure it out.

Sad to hear you have no accomplishments.
I hear if you get down to two pints of vodka you could be the most sober russian.

FYI you know you are a genius when testing proves it, accomplishments prove it, or when people constantly tell you that you make difficult things seem easy (ie making money, being a professional, learning ect)

Society doesn't like brainlets like me as well.

Give anyone who doesnt have the right wiring for adderall or amphetamines those drugs and you just end up with a tweaker.
Give them to the right mind wiring build and oh god damn, youre playing with fire.

Could you extrapolate the nature of this correct wiring? Maybe talk about some of the mechanisms you're aware of that led yoh to this conclusion?

Society only likes average people, or subhumans of "victim" demographics. And by "society" I mean "America."

Low IQ animals fear what they don't understand. It's why Fascism works. That stupid white dude with the Blacked hat; that is 70% of the current generation, courtesy of boomers and their ilk. Democracy was a mistake

To an extent. The flame that burns brighter temporarily, shortens its full duration at full strength. Of course, that too can also be addressed with the proper knowledge. Maintaining plasticity of the brain throughout and then afterwards may prevent such pitfalls.

I should move to USA and campaign for mentally impaired only toilets.

This is the true redpill

Interesting thoughts. Thanks again for sharing.

Wisdom is a combination of info knowledge and experience! I think wisdom is genius.

What if I said that I'm dying in the attempt?

I agree that wisdom is certainly at play in the genius. There is something universal about both wisdom and genius, which is what makes their work stand the test of time.

I can explain this image AMA

Can you explain that image?

That depends on where you are in the world. If you live in the middle of a city in Europe or the United States you can probably find you way fairly easily to one of these patronage systems. However, if your family has lived on a farm in Montana for the last 150 years with fathoms between your neighbors and yourself, it may be more difficult. Also, if you're from a poorer country you might find difficulty finding a patron. For example, if you live in rural China or Russia or some such place you are going to have a hard time and will probably end up spending your life doing tasks which permit your general subsistence, much less creating great works. You may be a boon to your village or your family, but probably not to mankind.

Additionally, I think that geniuses require quite a significant jumping off point at this juncture to be viable. This requires extensive, expensive, and rigorous education to get the person properly informed, practiced, and refined enough to do something novel and actually realize their genius. All is relative and the modern world poses quite a minefield for potential geniuses.

the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
being a genius or even a little bit spergy gets you shit from mouthbreathers.

Yes

Either you're an easy-to-profile good goy or you're an object of (self) pity. America has no head for higher values than that.

Well said.

Because they're vicious people at heart, murderers without the bravery necessary to express these instincts.

They're jealous because being a genius is the best thing you can be in this harsh world.

>rural and suburban retards

No wonder places like NY and LA can pull off gestapo shit with their police. Chicago, Detroit and all the rest are what happens when you let the (((intelligent))) city folk run things and not the guys from Staten Island.

Interesting insights about the refining. There is much ground to cover to make it at all possible to create, I agree. And society is undoubtedly anti-intellectual.

And all of that combined with the very rare nature of the genius himself makes the prospect of one yielding anything very improbable indeed.

I really love this quote from The Genius Famine: " If you haven’t got it you can’t do it; and if even you have, you probably won’t. It asks for everything that modern culture despises, and indeed regards as immoral."