Read it

Read it - and while you're at it, check out Pluto by the same author

Why not both?

How is the manga better than anime?

I would also like to know this.

Overrated shit

Better stuff out there

Why's that?

I don't know, I had this on my backlog for 6 years because I never had the time for it

>newfag

its a meme like everything on this board anyway its not like its horrible was a pretty fun ride honestly all though there was a lot of plot convenience. johan was suave as fuck and I liked tenma but the pay off for watching it was shit

I started reading this last week and am 1/3 of the way through. There are lots of random plot saves, but an interesting journey so far. I'm enjoying the art as well, it's refreshing to see people drawn in distinctly different ways rather than them all having the same eyes/face shape.

Read the manga.

The manga has good pacing, the anime is too slow and can get tedious.

i liked it when i was 16 . i'm 18 now and i watch shit instead . if i watch it now i'd probably drop it (because there is no hot/cute girls or action in it) just like i did with LOGH . people grow up to have a shittier taste

>And slowly....

poorly written, boring and mediocre trash

Now that's the show that needs some surgery!
Watch it, it's absolutely amazing

I doubt that, I just started appreciating The High Chaparral these days.

Most people will tell you to read it by I will say watch it. Its one of the best anime I have watched really faithful too, which will make it boring at times but still a great watch. Once you finished that one dive into the superior medium of manga.

What the fuck are you guys watching/reading were monster is just a decent read. Are we getting some masterpieces every year that I am not aware of? Thats ridiculous.

>People grow up to have shittier taste.
I think that might be just you.

Spoil me Sup Forums.
It's interesting but I'm too goldfish to read 160chapters of serious stuff. So spoil me, please.

Ok, so suggest something else.

>plot saves
fuck is that?

Read it, be prepared for a very strong drop off quality in the final arc and very crappy resolution. It's worth the ride in my opinion.

The ending sucks and Johan's motivation is fucking retarded.

Should I read 20th Century Boys then?
What's so good about it?

Literally hundreds of series every year.

fine user I'll listen whats your opinion on monster

I am just suprised at how you describe monster, to me its one of the best manga out there. If monster is just a funride to you I would like to know what you consider to be a great read. Who knows maybe I am overlooking some good ones.

>to me its one of the best manga out there
Could you sell it to me?

Well for one, the city I live in is a central location in the story, which makes me kinda biased to this manga. But also the way the characters are depicted and behave is such a breath of fresh air in anime/manga. I guess its just that the down to earth nature and subtlety are one of its greatest strenghts. Other than that most of the characters are as well written as it gets and the themes it touches on can make you think about them for days.

I believe your taking my comment a bit to literal I wasn't implying a fun ride couldn't be a "great manga" a barely said anything negative about it

user Sup Forums considers loli anime to be masterpieces. Don't take anyone's opinion here seriously.

Monster is one of the best manga out there, you're definitely right on that.

Watch it if you have insomnia.

160 chapters is nothing man you can finish it in 2 days

all of Urasawa's series are worth reading

I don't know. Ask your mom.

It's has a really good story but it's really long and can get kinda boring at some times. I watched it for a few weeks, took a break and got back to it.

>you come to realizeeee

30 eps in, it's not good