VERY IMPORTANT SHIT, READ

Hey Sup Forums my dudes, I got an idea for you, i'm not an HTML guy, I fucking hate that nerd shit, but I had an idea that maybe some entrepreneur faggot over here might be interested.

You guys know how rotten tomato or metacritic site and how they work? i'll throw in some other shit sites like amazon or ebay, but you get the idea, the purpose is to review shitty platforms like movies, books, videogames, products, basically everything you can pick up and consume even if its free that shit gets reviewed.

but you know what I don't see getting reviewed? JOURNALISTS, yeah thats right, those fucking faggots with 0 quality control, look, i've been around enough to see so many shitty articles to know that regardless if its shitty clickbait or not, you're wasting your time consuming that "product" except that people won't see it as a product, like an android/tablet game that goes for free and you can mess around with it all you want but you'll have to go through all the shitty ingame stores and random advertisements, well articles written by these sissy journalists are no different for sure, its a platform, why the hell do you hear the following "media news outlet" because its a platform from a multimedia, its a branch and that branch isn't getting reviewed.

my theory is that because journalists only get bad comments on their article page but doesn't get a proper review from some third party site could be the potential reason as to why we constantly see shit like "CAN MILK MAKE YOU RACIST?" articles, those fuckers are like directors, and since they know they won't get shit on they will continue to act retarded on this environment where they have full control, so back to what I stated before regarding the idea: how about this, would it not be nice if we had a metacritic like website that reviewed journalists and articles?

Cont.

Other urls found in this thread:

deepfreeze.it/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CONT.

The site would work as legitimate as possible since people are bound to shit on journalist regardless, we have the critic score and the user score, the critic score checks on all the horrible shit like bad grammar, how often the writer fucks up, his dynamic writing style or how he explains the story he's reporting, some university level journalist major type shit that I don't fucking understand, not my field anyways but its like rating art and seeing how shit it is, then you have the user score, users will be able to rate certain articles made by said journalists, most of them are guaranteed to go red because of the screech and shitpost, although this will get normalized overtime, the whole user score from each article will sum up the total user score given to the journalist, the site if acts accordingly and looks legitimate, in the future people can use it like a linkedin, "writers" will be judged by their quality of writing or style and business that wants to hire these faggots will have a look at this site to see if he's shit or not, I mean don't you want them to starve to death now that they finally have people controlling their quality? I do believe full heartedly that if we start to judge this platform the quality will increase in some way.

Anyways tell me what you think, this shit is long but its only for those that gives a shit.

didn't read OP is a faggot

>i'm more of an idea guy

i'm sold, have an upvote

minimum wage?

More thinking and less posting, actually it would be better if you just stop coming here and stick to like reddit.

Bump for effort.

You are my first review. 7/10

too generous.

>look at flag
>meme flag

the opinion just discarded.

Bump

>oy vey I can't datamine this fucking goy, d-discarded!
really makes you think.

Its not a bad idea user but can you really see the average consumer of media, who has the attention span of a dead goldfish actually taking time to review articles. Also can you see the MSM letting this happen?

bump for a good idea
look to JBP's new professor/class marxist rating system, or ratemyprofessors or whatever
we should be watching the watchmen

That is not how data minning works please just stop

>Slides actual threads on Sup Forums
>"n-no no your the shill"
Back to your shareblue discord

Although I can agree with your point, there is a fuel drama we can exploit, it depends on the strategy and how other sources will promote it overtime, the worst outcome I would see from this is that it'll be treated like a book review, more focused on the writer and not the massive chunks of articles they shit every single day, reviewing just that would probably be a waste of time but who knows.

Yeah like they have for teachers and doctors etc.. Damn, why didn't I think of that for Journalists. Metrics for biased or unbiased etc,..

How about a dating site based purely on pictures of genitals/body nudes but no faces allowed in the pic?

Most people who read news articles never even bother to look who wrote them. The truth is most average people couldn't care less. Its sad but its the truth. Maybe another idea would be reviewing the journalists and that would give an overall ranking for an organization. Things like politic leanings, bias, trustworthiness, advertising connections, incorrect aricles could be added. It might work user but I wouldn't have a clue how to set it up.

>Let's trash talk liberal journalists and promote alt-right journalists
>all the while using run-on sentences and poor punctuation
Go wild, son.

If only you held the journalists to the same standards. None of what you mentioned makes the idea less valid.

i'm just trying to have fun, why the hell do you hate fun so much, this is just an idea for someone who's actually capable, I already hinted that i'm not a writer faggot and I never will be, I just lurk here faggot.

its a good idea

These types of websites already exist.
Youd need to make your own, pay for domain, and shill it here with posts of retard journalists.
Thats more work than any autist is gonna feel like doing on his own. You could offer to pay and youd still get the same amount of people interested. This wouldnt exactly be something a guy could put on his resume, at least if he made the website fun like how wed all imagine of just shitting on faggots

Fuck him user. You are always going to get people shitting on your ideas here. It wouldn't be the Sup Forums I know and love if you didn't. Just don't take it personal. Its not a bad idea but I don't think I can help you but I wish you all the best with it. I've got to get to work. Stick with it user and somebody might help you out.

>journalism about journalists

that can't work just because nobody that you're trying to convince would care

Yes, and it wouldn't be viral either, some people review books and I know plenty who hates reading books, it's not for everyone, but there's a clear distinction between the two and speaking of underrated shit, back when I was still at the uni some of us were forced to purchase these 5 thousand page books and sometimes we even had to buy articles by searching them up on google scholar just to cite something, a book I bought only sold 120 units from the day of it's release so not many interest on books involving studies and whatnot but reviews of them still exists.

I think that because articles have become the new low, flooded with advertisement on the sides and constantly clickbaiting you means that its a media platform, it deserves to get reviews regardless if nobody is bothered by news articles, but I can almost guarantee that people who mostly screech about shitty journalism on youtube might take interest, especially when drama hits.

Good idea but needs to lead to overall rankings for channels as the drunk here said If i had this idea myself i would have made it but now that the cats out of the bag someone will beat me too it. I'm just hobby website maker and anyone that codes for living could throw this together on a weekend... would take me a couple months.

I used to think about the same thing for people who reviews restaurant, for whatever reason a simple app/site like Yelp could potentially destroy a whole business, you'd be surprised with the market that exists out there.

Personally i would ultimately take the site down an algorithm type path that accesses articles automatically and determines if they are click bait or legit and cross references them with other sites checks for sources (maybe have a person manual confirm the source is valid to the article) and then automatically assesses a news articles validity. That would be the 'reviewers score' then you also have a score determined by the users. But start with just a user reviewed/rated system for Journo's that leads to ultimate ratings of their networks. Below 50% and it's fake news outlet, 50-60% use critical thought etc.
Then once it's up and running and you pay a couple viral marketing companies to spam about it on here and other shitholes then you bother working on an algorithm that does the reviewers score.

Last imput here user because I'm in a bit of a hurry. If the journalists rankings are linked to the overall organization score that puts pressure on the journalists. It becomes like a fantasy football game of sorts. When the journalists get a low rating in affects the organization so the organization puts the journalist on a transfer list. This would make journalists afraid to step out of line. One or two attacks could effectively control what a journalist would feel safe writing about.

I think that is a great addition to the concept, just imagine if said site could also serve as a portfolio, if they are lagging behind the ranking their chances of getting hired by some big company will go to shit, their odds will go to shit, this might even effect their financial life.

However noble journalists claim to be, you can be damn sure that their bank balance matters more. Even more importantly their employers and their advertisers would give a shit about bad ratings/reviews. Your idea could certainly be used to influence and manipulate if used properly.

Is there anybody out there?

>he cries out as he reposted his 35th net neutrality thread that day

I mean, you could probably give it a go if you think its worthwhile, what are the chances of this even existing.

This is a good point this might exist lets see if we can find something like this

if there is not I am still in college But I could do this.

Good luck if you do try it out, just make sure to post the link here when you're hosting it.

*Here as in, on this board, not the thread.

for sure if I make any progress I will make a new thread.

If this does happen I will probably need help gathering info on people/organizations.

Deep Freeze is kinda what you're describing.

deepfreeze.it/

might be just the thing, but I think the execution is terrible, they had something going but its no rotten tomato or metacritic, who reviews them users or some random critic?

either way deepfreeze could be useful to sum up the total "critic" score for a site that both has users and critic reviews

Waste of time.
Something like 99% of (news) is actually political opinion.

News should be based on known provable facts.

What you need is decentralised news. To replace the propaganda.Actual facts devoid of any political opinion. Kind of like Wikipedia without the centralisation that Wikipedia has and potential for censorship.

Blockchain technology would be the best platform for this.
Everyone is a contributor and editor. It would be backed up by a digital coin to monetise it, pay contributors and keep it honest.

You heard it here first

Don't shitty bloggers get ratings too?

>News should be based on known provable facts.
it will never happen.

we need a snopes for snopes

DO IT FAGGOT

I think its a great idea. Id steal it if i was a jew and use it as controlled opposition. Frankly journalism is for faggots and should be concerned as a profession

this is the intent of the technology m8
also governments ;)

I can help out. Im sorta short on time atm, so ill get to you in a while. I cant pos the link but go to pic related, and ill msg you sometime

I think it's a great idea user. If I knew more than basic HTML I would love to help but I hope to see this one day

bump