Is there any merit to flat earthers?

Are governments trying to hide some truths about the earth being not round? Any on Sup Forums that are flat earthers want to exsplain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vvbN-cWe0A0
youtube.com/watch?v=rNhmYaWiPEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For every reply on this inane flat earth faggotry thread I will donate $10 to the Democratic Party to advance good science education policy.

No.

OP

This is PROOF that there is something to it tho...

The whole movement is started by (((them)))

Governments couldn't hide it since international travel and trade is commonplace.

More to the point nothing is stopping people from "sailing to the edge of the world".

you can literally tape a fucking camera to a helium balloon to prove this theory true or false

The navy kill those people

But it came from somewhere. All beories are based on some truth. The government is hiding something from its citizens from fear of up rising

.Yes see. Modern “science” cant exsplain that.

NASA have been deceiving.

it leads to questions.

Earth is a paraboloid, like an egg shell. It IS and egg shell. Everyone knows this. God. Read some Kalevala, you brainlet.

>150697385 (OP)
No. Fuck these threads. Fuck you.

Brah get a go pro, gps and a weather balloon.

YOU BALLOON MUST GO ABOVE 40,000 FT

wait for it land somewhere

and then laugh or cry cause oh shit.

>But it came from somewhere.
The Bible
>muh four corners of the earth...

>Is there any merit to flat earthers?
all my maps are flat

In he case if governments, the cover up is always far worse than whatever they’re trying to hide. As for the flat eart, I’m not a flat earthier, but at this point I really don’t care if people are or not. You have science being turned into a pseudo religion and academia turning into even more of a shithole than it already was to thank for that

They just use zero gravity rooms then LARP that they're supposedly in space

Pffft,
>them
>republican meme flag
(((they're))) getting smarter.
That game knows more than what it lets on.

yeah, sure... why not?

The Earth is the only planet/satellite/star/whatever that is not round.

Take a weather balloon and go straight up. If the world is not round, you won't be above the center of the... 'plate'. if the world is round, you will be looking down and you will see that you arose from the center of the sphere.

Abridged video: youtu.be/vvbN-cWe0A0

Full version: youtube.com/watch?v=rNhmYaWiPEk

I've done quite a bit of traveling, and I can attest that the world is indeed an oblate spheroid (basically, round).

>For every reply on this inane flat earth faggotry thread I will donate $10 to the Democratic Party to advance good science education policy.

Wait, we can bankrupt you for a worthless cause?

How can you prove that you will follow through?

>tfw the profane goyim figure the earth is flat

*out

Yea its flat. And its obvious once you give it enough time to properly investigate.

And it destroys the false reality matrix.

Its our way to beat them lads, if enough figure out the truth they loose, big time.

The merit to flat earth is not that the earth is actually flat, but that you are lied to wholesale about the nature of the universe.

For example, the distances to celestial objects: "science" tells you a specific value as absolute fact when our observations can only tell us an infinite but limited linear set of possibilities. the clearest illustration I have would be the sun and the moon. They are the same apparent size in the sky, but different sizes and distances; but there are infinitely more combinations of size and distance that would also explain our observations (as evidenced by two wildly different size and distance objects appearing the same to us). Further, the distances have changes a lot during my lifetime and it just becomes silly after a point and you have to ask "how do we even know what we know?"

This trick applies to everything in space: star size/color/luminosity/distance can all be manipulated to have whatever result you want with no way to verify this.

More examples: binary stars are theorized to be most star systems, but not only is it difficult to even tell if they have one or two stars (they are practically on top of each other from such great distances) it could very well be another star billions of light years behind it. Similarly, all those neat "earth like planets" you hear about are bullshit again due to how absolutely unobservable they are, but even if we grant them that one miracle, how can they possibly tell a planet by another star has water on it? How would they calibrate a hypothetical device that COULD i ally detect water at such distances.

Space is a fucking meme, so learn all about it and tell your friends the earth is flat just so you can laugh at how indefensible their position is that they cling to like the sacred shroud of Turin.

Oh noooo, I'm totally bummed because democrats are so good at handling money.