Will Kyoani ever make another 30k seller or are their best years past them...

Will Kyoani ever make another 30k seller or are their best years past them? Do they still have it in them to make a cultural hit such as Haruhi or K-On?

>tamako market was the last good kyoani

sad

I don't think so but I think they can reach a 4 Bil Yen movie.

don't worry dude, we got a shoujo cyborg anime, a yuri anime, a tsukkomi anime, a something-about-lighthouse anime and an archery anime

look at all these bound to be cultural hit titles.

>Hibike Euphonium 2 was the last good kyoani
ftfy

Or their next Fujo anime f they play their cards right.

>Miss Kobayashi`s Dragon Maid was the last good kyoani

ftfy

>Violet Evergarden
5 to 10k seller, cult hit but nothing else.

>Yuuyake/Coppelia/Robot Heart Update
Not getting an adaptation

>Manzaisenka
3 to 5k seller

>Gatoh-less Takemoto

I don't think it will work.

They got greedy when they decided to stop adapting actual Kadokawa shit and branched out into novel competition originals. Free and Chuuni are when I got off the Kyoani ride.

>nichijou was the last good kyoani
put them out of their misery

They could always just give us K-On Season 3

Are you implying Kadokawa's material is better?

>Maidragon
4-5k seller

>VEG
10-15k seller

They're bigger than ever right now. Kadokawa material meant sales for Kadokawa. Neo-KyoAni sales means profits for KyoAni.

>they got greedy
>refutes the point by proving him right

I took got greedy in the context of this thread as they burned themselves with greed. Because this is a thread about sales not about quality. They didn't crash and burn and the quality of their shows is higher than the Kadokawa days. Win-win.

Maid Dragon won't even sell enough to chart. COOL is a very mediocre mangaka, his adaptations were all shorts that sold badly and this isn't even his best work.

Takemoto directing a comedy is a guaranteed 6K average.

Takemoto directing comedy made by Gatoh is a guaranteed 6k average or more.

Pretty much none of KyoAni's LN series took off even with an anime adaption.

No one wants to read a LN with an anime that could be 90 percent anime original.

Barely any author wants to have KyoAni be their publisher even with a guaranteed anime off though.

Only no names get hired by KyoAni.

Every newbie author still attempts to get published by Kadokawa.

KyoAni as a company is bigger than ever but it pales in comparison to Kadokawa.
KyoAni's publishing arm is still relatively new so the quality of their works is still shit.

Seems like the big money is in movies these days, that's what they should aim for.

Those early designs were horrible.

Free was kind of a cultural hit.

Hibike Euphonium is one of their all-time best shows, but it's not the kind of thing to become a cultural hit/meme. Drama doesn't really become a hit unless it's shocking in some way (eg Re:Zero, Madoka, etc).

>Reddit Zero
>Cultural hit

Apparently you missed all the threads on Sup Forums that were drooling all over it while it was airing

Having threads on Sup Forums doesn't make it a cultural hit. Actual recent cultural hits are shit like SAO, SnK, Haruhi, K-On, Love Live, Madoka, Bakeshit or Yuri on Ice. ReZero is puny in comparison to these franchises.

Best waifus.

Kill yourself my man

>Lucky Star was the last good KyoAni

Truly a star that has died out too soon.

My fucking god, I hate the clannad and k-on styles. Far too moeblobby for me to stomach; it's like they are the manifestations of everything I have ever mocked about anime art.

I barely got through Haruhi because of this, mainly because every time Asuhina appeared I wanted to put a fucking bullet in my head. Everything else sans-E8 was pretty good, though.

Still can't even get into k-on, even though I am a bassist, played in a band in high school, and could theoretically relate. The waifufaggotry and extreme saccharine moe-overdose have given me a bad taste. Call me a pleb, but fuck you.

Subhuman.

user, I NEVER wanted to be the little girl.

You should have put that bullet in your head. Asahina is best girl.

>high pitched squealing noises: the character

Irritating character. Any moments of reprieve when she spoke calmly about time travelling were dashed in all her other scenes. I'm with Haruhi, I was annoyed at how Kyon fawned over her. And yet, I was also annoyed that Haruhi herself seemed to be the cause of her whinging and whining.

you're forgetting munto

I can't believe I'm actually hype for this.

It's a pity that threads for it will automatically be utter dogshit because everyone will try to bring in the shitty KyoAni-studiowarring in it instead of discussing the anime itself.
It wouldn't matter if the anime is good, mediocre or bad, the studiowarriors on both sides will use falseflags and one-post thread spams and whatever just to rile up the board once again because it happened to be adapted by Kyoto Animation.

Personally, I hope that the anime is actually just okay-mediocre so that the studiowarriors quickly lose interest in it and focus on something else, instead of spamming the threads of it all the time with off-topic garbage like the same boring KyoAni is finished-posts, pictures of how much money the studio does, comparisons to other studios and whatever.

I think it takes about 4 weeks for the shitposters to fuck off for the most part

Depends on how badly it flops. Phantom Sales despite having mediocre sales was always on the upper half of the Amazon rankings, so shitposters didn't really have much to shitpost about. Dragon Maid seems like it won't do spectacularly but if it's constantly on the top 2000-3000 ranking or lower you might get a lot of anons shitting up the threads like they're doing with Flip Flappers some times. Or if the show turns out to be a complete borefest we might not even get threads at all like 3-gatsu.

>Will Kyoani ever make another 30k seller or are their best years past them?

>being this ignorant

Kyoani hit their best profit record last year. Keep living in your fantasy, mate

It didn't. 2 years ago held greater profit.

Well then maybe I confused year 2015 with 2014 then

Still enough to call this statement bullshit since Kyoani is making more profit than whatever they used to with the shows, Haruhi and K-ON, that OP mentioned

Oh, and expect it to go even higher this year, since Koe no Katachi is a huge success and Kyoani was one of the main sponsors. They're going to reap what they sow