Ok, Sup Forums, who actually liked this pussy?

Ok, Sup Forums, who actually liked this pussy?

kaworu

The point of Shinji's character is being a flawed person.

Who played heavily flawed douchebag better.

/thread

(You) did. It's why you keep making this thread.
FYI shinji isn't supposed to be a self insert or a classic storybook hero archetype, none of them are.

Me, but only because I hate myself.

Me because he is probably the bravest, most courageous characters in fiction.

Me, because he is one of the most realist characters in fiction.

To this day I still think that Eva had the most realistic characters of all time. I just can't help it, they are so believable I felt empathy for them stronger than for any other human beans.

Me, because he made the right choice.

I like his (boy)pussy.

fpbp

Only people without brains liked him.

Depends what you mean by liked. I related to Shinji as a character, but I loathed him as a person. That was the entire point of him, I feel throughout Evangelion.

He was a fairly realistic depiction of the type of the vanilla, highschool turned pilot character who is often the MC in franchises like Gundam at the time. He acted the way a teenager would react, not how we expect an MC to react. I mean sure, at first Shinji became more and more self-assured as time went on, but that all changed with Touji and the tragedies that occurred afterward.

Unlike typical MCs, he did not get over it after a few episodes. His mistakes governed his thinking and turned him into a more introverted being than he was before, which lead to even more pain and reaffirmed his confirmation bias.

That was what made Shinji such a good character, if not a likable one. Often anime is used as a escapist thing. People can and have self-inserted as the MC and imagined their lives in that cool world where they would be cool. Shinji and the Evangelion cast in general is like having a bucket of ice water dumped on you in the middle of a nice dream.

Its then you realize, no, you would not be this super cool hero, you would be like this guy if you were in an anime like Shinji. You would be scared, angry and stressed, not kicking ass and taking names. All these archetypes you love in your anime, the waifus and husbandos you like? The stereotypical villain that you hate? Guess what, they would be people. They would be flawed and have a lot of baggage if they were like Gendo, Ritsuko, Mistato, Kaji, Rei, Asuka or Touji. Things would not be cut and dry like you think.

That's what makes the End of Eva so special to me. It not only gave us a good insight into the minds of some of the characters but, for a brief moment, after I watched it, I felt happy. Because at the end of the day, Shinji made the right choice. And it made me believe that I could be good too.

I like him. Not even in a gay way

Reminder that Shinji is the most heterosexual male mc in anime history with fleshed out sexuality.

But he didnt bang Asuka

You must have a complete and utter misunderstanding of sexuality if you think that the physical act is the only element involved in it.

But he doesnt even want to bang Asuka

Wow, at this point you aren't even trying.

You don't even deserve a (you).

So Shinji is gay then,thanks for proving my point

No, Shinji is almost certainly infatuated with Asuka, if their interactions in the main series and End of Evangelion is anything to go by. However, the biggest thing that separates the two is their communication or rather the lack of it.

The two of them want to take the first step and both are absolutely terrified at the same time of being rejected. So they hope the other moves first. When neither of them do, they misinterpret it, leading to their dysfunctional relationship.

The whole thing with Kaworu is Shinji having his 'ideal relationship'. A relationship where he does not have to make any sort of effort or anything he does not feel comfortable doing. It is why I loathe the whole, 'he is perfect for Shinji' meme.

Kaworu is ultimately a shitty influence on Shinji as he will ultimately make Shinji more of an introvert due to the lack of effort in their relationship. In a very twisted way, Kaworu is what quite a few anons, myself included at one point, want our romantic partners to be like. Making the effort for the both of us.

It's why Misato, Asuka and Rei, are great influences, if not positive ones, on Shinji. He is attracted to all of them, but he must express that attraction and put effort into it.

Your shinji looks dumb

But Shinji loves Kaworu so he can't be straight.

He didn't love him that way at least.

Yes he did, Anno said so.

Not canon.
This is canon

>he doesn't like pussy
gay

>Anno isn't canon
kek

If it was like this, then why in eoe they didn't show Kaworu's nudity in Shinji's fantasy?

I think Shinji is a great guy. He's kind, okay to be around and tries to do something for others. Notice that almost all other character like him (even though he strongly rejects the idea). I always liked him, I guess because it's easy to relate to him.

Besides, he saved everyone's asses more than once even though he didn't have too.

>kawoshin
>implying "romantic" context of Shinji and Kaworu's relationship wasn't completely unnecessary and wasn't added there just because Anno wanted to self-insert his dirty fantasies about Ikuni like a selfish homo he is
>implying Shinji's love for Kaworu isn't actually brotherly and friendly rather than absolutely unnecessarily romantic
>implying the whole kawoshin movement isn't just a joke among the staff
>implying Ikuni isn't disgusted with it himself because he know of filthy Anno's stalking him for over 20 years
>implying Kaworu isn't the most typical and one-dimensional shit character of the show and is only popular because of his Jesus-like escapistic nature and twinky sex appeal
Kaworufags are sure delusional

Because he didn't have sexual frustrations over him like he did over Misato, Rei, and Asuka?

>implying "romantic" context of Shinji and Kaworu's relationship wasn't completely unnecessary and wasn't added there just because Anno wanted to self-insert his dirty fantasies about Ikuni like a selfish homo he is
>implying Ikuni isn't disgusted with it himself because he know of filthy Anno's stalking him for over 20 years
I agree with you, though.

>Implying it doesn't equals only heterosexual attraction

But he's clearly shown attraction to Kaworu as well.

EoE disproves it

Reminder that after Kaworu died, Shinji cried all day at the beach shore until Misato found him later that night.
And then the next day in EoE he tried to commit suicide before jacking it to Asuka.

How could EoE disprove it when Shinji saw Kaworu as his most beloved person to bring him into Instrumentality?
Like Yui to Fuyutsuki and Ritsuko to Maya.
Are you saying they aren't attracted to the ones they love either?

This happens right after

Yes? Because all humans are coming together as one being. Naturally there's going to be a lot of sexual imagery.

Another thing that happens later is Misato, Rei, and especially Asuka yelling at Shinji for seeing them only as pieces of meat. Not as real people deserving of respect. He's defiling them and humiliating them through his sexual perceptions of them.
It's something they berate and condemn him on, his disregard for them as anything more than sex objects.

And ironically you'll see most waifufags of Rei and Asuka do the same thing.
It's almost as if Anno is calling you out on your actions and "love" for Asuka and Rei. Huh, ain't that a coincidence?

>Instrumentality is escapistic
>Kaworu symbolizes escapism in its purest form
Hmm, Kaworu sure is absolute shit character who won't do anything good to Shinji to make him become a man at last

Isn't that how people become gay in the first place? From sexual frustrations and traumatic events during puberty?

Kaworufags on suicide watch

If instrumentality is escapism, then all that sexual imagery of Misato, Rei, and Asuka must symbolize escapism as well, right?

Kaworu only brought him into it, because humans will only let down their AT fields for the ones they love.

>who won't do anything good to Shinji to make him become a man at last
then who can?

People become gay because they realize women ain't nothing but hoes and tricks.
And Shinji learned that first hand.

Kaji.

Shinji needs to stop blushing at men all the time.
Fucking faggot.

>then who can?

>getting this mad at the existence of Kaworu
kek

Pretty much this whole post. I didn't really loathe Shinji as a person, he's just what you'd expect if you actually threw your average middle schooler into a giant robot and told him that he has to save the world. It sounds good in theory, but your average kid would crack under stress and their mental condition would deteriorate over time, not suddenly rise to all the challenges. It's like a conscripted soldier in war, he's not going to be all down to save the world and as the PTSD sets in he's just going to be less and less down to save the world.

And even at the end, I don't know if he made the "right" choice, I think it's more that he actually made a choice rather than going with the flow for no reason.

>tfw can't see shit except for Asuka and Rei in the beginning and some weird figures in the background
Is this supposed to look like an animated Rorschach test?

>they realize women ain't nothing but hoes and tricks.
As opposed to seducing and manipulating a suicidal person in order to do an inside job at his workplace, am I right?

Normal people who won't tell you they love you for nothing
To become a man you need to appreciate the possibility of rejection and emotional struggle but value human relationships and happiness over it
Shinji makes his decision in the end, he grows up and decides to try or find it. He decided it because he remembered the emotions he experienced with his friends. With Misato, Asuka, Toji, Kensuke, Hikari and others (see the group photo). You know, the real people, who can hurt you but also love you.

Don't insult Shinji like that, the poor kid didn't know what he was doing.

And yes, women will always be worse than men.

So, do you think a mother and father who love their child for nothing aren't normal?

>You know, the real people, who can hurt you but also love you.
So, Kaworu basically.
He hurt him the most, and Shinji still continued to love him.

Guess Rei and Asuka were lesbian all along.

You're not entirely wrong, but the NGE official art is retarded.

>ITT: Miserable people who have never been loved before tell others what love is

I just think it's funny how mad certain anons get over it.
Omnipandering is the best way to make money.

>who won't tell you they love you for nothing
thats a pretty randian outlook and definatly not normal.

Asuka

>>>/tumblr/

Yes, he loved him (don't know if romantically, since it's just Anno self-inserting unnecessary things) but in the end he chose reality and his friends over Instrumentality. He felt guilty over him killing Kaworu but at the same time was afraid of everyone else because they may have rejected him, that's why he though so much of him, the one who betrayed him but in the end didn't reject his friendship, remember what he said to him when he finally saw him? "That's where you've been". He finally felt relief when he saw a person he killed with his own hands. Shinji never hated anyone except for himself. He loved his dad even anfter his betrayal, he never wanted to hurt anyone.

Some people want a trip to Aruba or a Mercedes. Some just want to be loved.

Yeah, actually about Rei and Asuka. I always notice more stuff when I rewatch. I always hated how Asuka were being a bitch to Rei. But then I noticed that she actually tried to approach her and become, I dunno, friends? Sure, the first attempt so autistic it felt like a comedy skit, but she even went out of her way to invite Rei to eat ramen with them.

That's not tumblr, that's just Anno trying to prove he's the feminist he claims to be in all his interviews.
He'll never pass Ikuhara though.

I agree with almost all you said except:
>He loved his dad even anfter his betrayal
This is wrong, he specifically tells Kaworu he hates his father during the sleepover.

If shinji is gay, why did he fap to Asuka's comatose tits

Evangelion is literally tumblr.

Shinji loves the ladies, Kaworu was just platonic but he ended up hating him. Get over it.

Because Asuka is a man

The only character he ever said he loved was Kaworu. Get over it.

Shinji is a feminine guy. He has sexual attraction to women, but he can go with a man if they're proactive with him and he likes them enough to open.

Meaning he's straight.

Shinji was made for taking it up the ass.

He's bi

If he blushes at a man, he's at least bisexual.
And Shinji has already blushed at Kaji and Kaworu many times.

You can blush at a friend

Yeah, if you're a fucking faggot.

That is not a blush.

Your excuses are running thin.

I just want you to know that I agree with everything you're saying here.

Kill yourself.

>kawoshin
>implying Shinji's love for Kaworu isn't actually brotherly and friendly rather than absolutely unnecessarily romantic
>implying the whole kawoshin movement isn't just a joke among the staff
>implying Kaworu isn't the most typical and one-dimensional shit character of the show and is only popular because of his Jesus-like escapistic nature and twinky sex appeal
Kaworufags are sure delusional

No sexual attraction.

see

Clearly.

>waifufags will never not be mad that Shinji shows more attention to Kaworu than he ever will to the girls
Your tears are the gift that keeps on giving, I love being part of this fanbase.

Bisexuals exist. Shinji is one.

Bisexual in the Anime, but full gay in the Manga.
Rebuild he's probably bisexual as well.

The part of the manga from Kaworu's appearance to his death was amazing. And not just only because of him, that was just the peak. The rest, not s much.

Sadamoto hated doing the manga, he had no motivation which is why it took 20 years to complete.
He always liked Kaworu so I'm assuming that arc gave him a bit more of an incentive to write well.

The fucker reused EoE screenshots for the ending.

>I like being a literal homo
How does a cock taste, user?