Is it overrated?

Is it overrated?

yes

A little bit but it's still great. The good vibrations stuff brings it down.

No, still one of the best manga ever.

Why the fuck is there like 4 months between releases.

Does it matter?

Not really. I mean, any person with at least one neuron will realise it's shit.

I think the overrating has calmed down quite a bit.

No; but your taste might be.

>something is good
>people get excited and say it's great
>now all of a sudden it's bad just because people like it too much

Fuck off with this shit. Only hipsters are concerned about how indie and obscure their series are.

Nothing is good or bad its all subjective, stop caring about other people opinions.

Yes. It's just a mediocre drama that tries to make you think it's more than that. Nothing horrendous but it really drags on and the gimmick of not drawing the MC as a human is mostly useless.

It would have been better if contained in 3-4 volumes.

>Gimmick
Now I'm no 2deep4u pandering faggot, but are you serious?

Yes I am.

>gimmick of not drawing the MC as a human is mostly useless.
when you read a mango and doesn't understand anything

I think it didn't really add anything to the manga, that's all.

Oyasumi Punpun is just a drama with some coating to make it seem "weird" and "unique".

>Only hipsters are concerned about how indie and obscure their series are.

Well, that's punpun audience after all.

Yes, and?

I've never read any convincing argument as to why Oyasumi Punpun is so great. It's always in the lines of "Oh it's so weird, so poetic. I've never read anything like that, it blew my mind lol."

I never really thought about it.
Is it meant to make him isolated and different or something?

agreed

Underrated. It has the best art I've ever seen in a manga before. The background art looks realistic.

that's pretty much the gist of it. basic bitch symbolism 101. Certainly not a gimmick, though. manga is a visual medium.

It's every bit as good as people say it is.

It has a good story user. Do you need a 5000 words essay as to why someone enjoyed something?

user, they're photo's...

Maybe I've misused the word "gimmick" then. Replace it by "useless symbolism" if you want.
The thing is, it's not that I don't get what's behind it, I just think it's uninteresting. You can convey the same things through simple writing and drawing.

Why not? Why would I care about about the opinion of someone who just says "It's great and you don't understand it"?

The only way a manga could be overrated is if we lived in a communist system and officials decided "this manga gets 100k copies and that manga gets 10k"
In capitalism each manga is correctly appreciated.

>It's just a mediocre drama that tries to make you think it's more than that.

>Why would I care about about the opinion of someone who just says "It's great and you don't understand it"?

why am I even here. Not going to waste more time

This manga played with my emotions like nothing else.

When I first saw Aiko's dead body(thanks Sup Forums) I felt like shit for a week. It was such a bleak and gutpunch end to her story arc. First user is right, good vibrations brought it down from a 10 to a 9. That and God which was a needlessly pretentious addition

Well, it's your right not to care about my opinion.

I could write a lengthy review of Oyasumi Punpun and why it's bad. And I might actually do it, just not right now. But you're the retard that implied it's not a good thing in the first place to make an elaborate argument.

>You can convey the same things through simple writing and drawing.
Do you even like the comics medium? or any visual mediums for that matter? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

Why Would I be on Sup Forums if I didn't like visual mediums? And were we talking about me or about Oyasumi Punpun?

I don't like symbolism when it serves no purpose. Drawing Punpun as a little bird or as a tetraedron adds almost nothing to the manga compared to drawing him as just a faceless man or a regular character. It doesn't make the story better, it doesn't make the character more relatable or believable. It's just "Here is how the MC sees himself and how he feels" in your face.

OP asked for opinions. I gave him mine. Then a few people are telling me I'm wrong but none of them bothered making an actual argument.