Did Gen X fuck up?

What happened to the based metal kids? I know more than a few went on to lead productive lives but today there is no equivalent "white metal" culture that's nearly as popular or based as the Kerrang! Iron Maiden Judas Priest Scorpions Accept etc. melting pot that was the early 80's metal scene.
Where did they all go? pic related me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVnIrX8nXcE
youtube.com/watch?v=O8HNzkEuBN0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We have a number of metal festivals up north here in the Netherlands, leftwing city scum =/= niggers and turks don't like this so they call us nazi's and travel here to try and fight us whenever something that is racist comes up i.e. St Nicholas / Black Pete issue.

Whenever they do something the media defends shitskins but whenever they cry out for more rights and money we should step aside and let them walk all over us.

I hope that they get fucking stabbed and choke on their blood by some real nazi's if there are any at all...

Did you go to Roadburn festival (Coven played), My friend is the guitar player for Jinx & co. now.

Bump for the 80s

We are still here waiting, watching.
Praying that millennials screw up and start a war.
I promise you all that hatred has not dissipated.
We now have money and a lot of arms to deal maximum casualties.
We are waiting...

I see you as well. I know you are well armed in the Keystone State and beyond. I see the pics you've posted.

Gen X fucked up by being the worst parents in human history. Gen X is responsible for absolute worst generation of all time (((millennials))).

Whose fault is that? My mom still holds debt on a mortgage even though the house I grew up in was passed on to my parents through my dad's side. Hindsight is 20/20, but still no one taught anyone about the stock market or investing and the jetset consumption Vegas style took hold (and oh what a fun time it was).
I have a love/hate relationship with my mother so theres that.

>Gen X is responsible for Millenials
What are you? retarded? Gen X and Millennials are from the Boomers m8

More punk than metal but we’re still here.

Music fags are the worst. If you can't enjoy Iron Maiden AND Miley Cyrus then you're a faggot.

>JUS AINT MEDAL ENUFF DUDE

Jews run the music business. They don't want based metal/punk kids.

\mm/ too much metal for one hand.
Seriously, I grew out of not liking other genres of music BUT there is no such thing anymore as the days of the '80's metal era.
I think we contributed. We had the world as our oyster, boom chicka chicka!

I am spoiled as I grew up in Waukegan and got to attend both Chicago and Milwaukee metal/industrial shows. I saw Pantera at The Vic and KMFDM at Smart Bar Cabaret Metro.

What do you listen to nowadays?

>what happened to based metal kids
Well, I'm still around. Everyone looks at me like a fucking alien though for blasting maiden. They wouldnt give a shit though if it were nigger rap or beaner circus music.

metal is just another kind of pop music, controlled by the jew at every level

We haven’t gone away. We’ve just learned to observe. The music is still there for me, expanded genres and all. Teaching my kids to be questioning of authority and skeptical of common cultural tropes while getting the most of education, practically. Watching boomers in their over-indulgent tantrums, millennials finding out globalism is communism by another name, laughing that they’re relegated to Sbux and service tier jobby jobs. Meanwhile, paying down my college debt, and living better than most. Waiting for the destruction to come, for the boomers to die soon, the millennials accepting their idealism began with tweener parents granting their kids authority over them. The music has always been my soul, and the system in my car is tribute to that.

Hey fellow metalhead. Thanks for chiming in. We need to reinstall whiteness and usurp rap as our national accepted music. I always wondered walking around the deadmalls why the fuck were they emphasizing r&b?

not every level
youtube.com/watch?v=iVnIrX8nXcE

Now it is. I blame Gene Simmons partially.

Gen X here. I feel like the middle child. Boomers got all the attention, possibilities and accolades, Gen X got a whole lot of meh, and then Gen Y&Z came along and they're getting all the attention because the boomers are squeeeing about their offspring.

We were raised during the Me decade, so our parents were the first absentee parents, off doing shit that pleased them, we launched our careers right before the recession hit, we bought houses and then got fucked when the bubble popped and now we're too old to start over again and are just going from paycheck to paycheck.

We're going to get fucked the hardest when the next crash comes because nobody gives a fuck about us.

...and never did.

Metal died around 1996. Much like immigration fundamentally eliminates nations by supplanting their founding populations, metal was eliminated by the influx of people from the indie, emo, punk, rock, and hardcore scenes, and they were aided by swarms of other outsiders who wanted in on metal for the style points and reputation.

That, combined with the aging population of elite metal musicians and the declining creativity associated with it, killed metal through a soft cultural genocide.

Very rare to meet other metalheads where I'm from. Honestly, making music is the only enjoyment I get these days. Economy is shit, prospects are looking shit, and this country feels like its going to burn entirely soon.

But goddamn, m first album is going to be done in a few weeks and I've never felt more accomplished. Hell, I can die and this is a piece of me left behind for my friends and whoever else gets some kind of inspiration from the metal.

I think I can die happy with that.

I had that shirt on the left. I wore it to youth group one Wednesday evening. The kids started giving me shit, but our youth pastor stuck up for me and said that he liked Metallica.

That is all. Carry on.

These effeminate nu-males cant handle metal

You are so fucking right. I was born with a birth defect that today even your average crackhead would correct shortly after birth. My parents waited until I was 9, when the defect would cause my organs to have less room to grow (heart/lungs). The fix was gruesome compared to today. Not to mention no money for college for a gifted child.
I am torn between my hatred and my nostalgia.

I guess I am kind of glad that true metal is not the commercial path Hollywood and the American entertainment took to flood the airwaves; but I am still concerned about musical influence in these days and times and how it fits in the cultural zeitgeist.

This and Dee Snider was fucking fuming mad on twitter when niggers started wearing rock/metal shirts to prove they love "metal' and don't know shit about their band, it's pretentious as you can go.

God you are fucking autistic

That was my shirt; I cut the sleeves off of and let my boyfriend wear it for the show. ;)

In good company then m8, Having a go with your trouble and strife today?

That sucks, user.
No wonder metal was popular then. Angry music for angry kids.
I was in the same "gifted" boat. One of my teachers in grade school wrote that I was barely scratching the surface of my potential...and then nobody took the time to develop it. I just spent my time breaking into abandoned buildings and playing baseball with my friends instead. On the one hand, lots of fun and great memories. On the other, a very average life once I got out into the real world.

The thing that kills me is that I know it could have been so much better now if someone had put some effort into making me a man. Instead, I feel like a kid wearing the trappings of a man.

Yep, Imposter's Syndrome. I know I could have been a force to reckon with in the courts or in the boardroom - hell, the fact I am still alive after 12 plus years slamming cocaine smoking dealing etc.
Thankful but sad my genes didn't carry on. Would a kid make me a better person or would I have been a terrible parent?
On the horns of dilemma.

I don’t dress like a metal head. In my experience metalheads are either introverts or scummy life dropouts. I’m a loser too. Listening to it is solitary activity for me, I don’t go to many shows anymore. Anyway it is a genre for social rejects and that is why it will stay in the underground. Pretty simple

Gen X here. We're fucking up big time at everything we do.

>tfw was your standard metalhead in high school

And I'm the only one still listening to it. Also only one with a gf. Do with that what you will lads

We did fuck up yes. We bought into what we were sold at the time. Jobs everywhere, coke, spandex, spiral perms, hair metal. Hedonism 1.0.
I can only try now to stem the tide and vote conservative. The movement is the new political Pantera, the new 'metal.'
White people will rise again in our nation.

>boomer parents
>born in the 70s
>Millenial ?

what the actual fuck are you smoking

I am the girl in the pic. Rock on my friend.

Good goy. White music is for nerds and school shooters! Go listen to black music and suck some BIG BLOCK COCK(tm) like a trendy cool 2018 kid

>56%
>not all metal heads
There is a bigger, more profitable, market in pop amd rap.

I still wear my metal shirts every day user but there are few of us now
>t. 36yr old metalhead

>Did Gen X fuck up?
Well I sure did

6s get

I lost mine in my moves. I most miss my UFO Wild Willing and Dangerous tour shirt from when I was 14 and my Skrew shirt from their Burning in Water tour - Satanic Rave Texas Style.

partial get user nice roll

Millenials were born nin the 80s

Gen X were patient X for modern social engineering. The barrage of cocaine and MDMA consumption probably fucked the brains/bodies of quite a few, who are probably parents of the disaster children of today.
Now there are a lot of Gen X politicians, and boy, they are fucking horrible. They're either diversity elected criminals, or diversity elected white criminals

I see you too. You're wearing pink panties. Your embarrassed, but feel secure in your solitude. Stop picking your nose.

Millenials are 80's and 90's you autist

Thank God I didn't have kids. I think they sterilized me when I aborted back in 1989. Evil, those Indian doctors are. Chicago area. I should never have done it (sperm donor not in pic).

Fucking Green Day happened

no shit
They aren't the children of boomers

same thing that happened to emos.

they turned into trannies and soyboy #resisters, or they started lifting and became men

you just had to remind me

Okay i must have missed that explosion of teen pregnancies that Gen X had LMAO

How Jewish is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=O8HNzkEuBN0

No I like the salty flavor.
Living Colour was acceptable.

>Stop picking your nose.

Fuck that, I can only make suction in one of my nostrils. That bitch is gonna stay clear.

See lifter in pic. He had stretch marks on his arms and was THE wanted HS boyfriend. He was a drunk and could not perform in bed. But oh what a catch back in the day. I am alpha female :)

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't wipe your friends on the sofa.

>Would a kid make me a better person or would I have been a terrible parent?
I don't know. I just try to do the best I can, but most of the time I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

YOu seem pretty dope
I had a lesbian coworker/friend at a store when I graduated college.. she was so awesome, had tatoo sleeves, had some goth-looking friend, and me as a friend, who was basically a non-scenester geek. I left and she moved west. I lost her phone number, never saw her again. Same for a few other people for that matter. Such is life for a Gen Xer

I know a guy who was a lead guitarist in a Toronto metal band in the 80s who became a special forces intelligence officer. He is one of the hardest working and most intelligent people I've ever met. He can also shred.

I want to get a couple of tats removed.
This pic is from so long ago.
50 years young now and yeah, pretty dope.
Thanks user for no bully.

yeah but most of them are cucks, new kids on the block or death metal fans.
so shit will stay fucked up. normal high test high energy ones gave up on monkey tier society and let it be. can't reason with a retard, retard does not know it is a retard. system is made by retards and set for retards. i should say retard once more. ok gtg

We always rag on milennials and boomers, but these fuckwits had literally one job and that was to keep things going smoothly and they fucked it all up.

They slacked off when millennial jobs were being sent overseas. They started playing the housing market and getting rich while milennials struggle to put avocado on their toast. And now this insidious, Jewish, generation of faggots, queers and unfaithful soccer moms have the audacity to turn millennial children against their boomer parents.

These people have done fuck all. The worst war they ever had to deal with was fucking Desert Storm. Fuck these geeks.

>The majority of """Gen X""" subhuman posters are millennial and too fucking stupid to realize it.

t. 1985.

You are really fucking stupid.

Again, 20/20. My folks were just ignorant nitwits. Don't attribute to malice what can be blamed on ignorance. The classic drunk tactic of I didn't know. Like I said half of me wants to kill half of me has the nostalgia. Never the twain shall meet I guess.

It's this kind of passive faggotry that makes me despise you people. Man up and quit acting like a bitch, you passive-aggressive piece of shit.

From south if 80 and went to lots of metal shows in Chicago in the 80s. So many good clubs and so much pussy especially if you were also in a band. Saw Panthers at the Vic myself as well. Lots of great memories from shows at the Aragon too. Some epic pits.
There are no good bands these days and no guitar Gids like we had back then. The thing I find the most depressing is when I check out Blabbermouth and see some of the musicians I loved whining about a Trump and politics. Shut up and make some decent music for fucks sake.

>based metal kids?
They were all degenerate drug using pieces of shit from bad families.

Saw Metallica at the Aragon for Ride the Lightning. Saw a lot of hair but not a lot of the band. Took a limo there and back, pink peruvian coke and hawaiian purple weed single bud 1/4 oz.
It was a magical time.

Youre not going to find that in the """media""" anymore, but you can surf YouTube and soundcloud and jango, etc. and you will find many many new and old rock/metal bands there.

Gen X is mostly responsible for Children born between 1990 and 2010

Gen x had the higher youth crime rate by far.

They grew up and realized that metal is trash music that focuses on technique and not misical theory.

It's face-tattoo-tier music.

Some not all. When I saw Yngwie open for AC/DC you KNOW who killed it and it wasn't the technical Swede.

Maybe what you listen too, Prog metal in particular is a subgenre you need to know your theory for, to both use it and break its rules.

They raised the millennials, so yes.