American Civil War anime when?

Also historical anime stuff thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

dic.pixiv.net/a/南北戦争
youtube.com/watch?v=yavz9rzaOSY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xn4AW8wgjoA
uncivilwarncutegirls.wordpress.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't think of one historical anime that was both accurate and good. Help me out.

Anyway, what were you thinking of? 'North and South': the Anime?

A matter of time I guess

you could also do....

Crimean War
Hetalia but Napoleonic area
The Alamo
Boer War
Russian Civil War
Russo-Japanese War (i think there is manga of this but no anime)
Iran Iraq War
Roman Conquests
Boxer Rebellion
Opium Wars
Vietnam
Korean War
Spanish Civil War
IRA lolis doing cute Irish things
FARC rebel anime

the list goes on

>You will never see an anime where a cute, chunni, General Sherman marching her way to Atlanta.

But they will never stop with the anime adaptations about that warlord that Japan loves/hates depending of political stand

An entire history of the Civil War from a few month before it began to the end of the manhunt for John Wilkes Booth with an epilogue of how it changed the course of American history in the style of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, with equal focus given to generals, commanders, politicians, foot soldiers, families, Injuns, people caught in the crossfire, the people out in the frontier, etc. Soundtrack would be army marches and folk music of the era. This would be a 100+ episode anime obviously. An anime epic so to speak.

No but first we need a Sengoku period anime, but all the historical figures are 70's sports cars.
And those 70's sports cars are also little girls.
And those little girls are in high school.
And they're all lesbians.

>no slapstick hijinks of a volunteer Irish brigade in a POW camp

>FARC rebel anime
A E S T H E T I C morally grey anime when?

Anime about the Battle of Empel, but instead of the Spaniards finding a painting of the Virgin that raised their morale, they find an actual magical loli that saves them from the Dutch.

>And they're all lesbians.
NEVER
_V
_E
_R

add the words "with Lolis" at the end of all these

Guns of Navarone
Bridge Too Far
The Great Escape
The Alamo
Saving Private Ryan
The Dirty Dozen

>The Great Escape
>Brexit movie with everyone as a loli
Would watch/10

>Brexit movie with everyone as a loli
I want to see Farage-dono.

The American civil war isn't a Japanese story. Japan at the time was facing the last years of the Tokugawa shogunate.

>the last years of the Tokugawa shogunate
My world history is a bit shaky, that's all the shit that happened in the backstory to Rorouni Kenshin, right?

It's really unfortunate that such stories can no longer be done in anime, whether historical or fictional like LOGH. I know I'm part of the problem since I buy a lot of shit but it's still a little sad.

>disgraced former Samurai who immigrates to the USA as the war begins
Easy modo

That's the reverse of The Last Samurai.

Reading about what other countries think of our Civil War is always pretty interesting 2bh

dic.pixiv.net/a/南北戦争

I think I would see Sherman more as a yandere or tsundere. She just wants to burn down everything so that you come back to the Union b-baka!

He did say easy modo. And if you think about it, it really is. You don't even have to make him a fighter, he could be a writer following the campaign of the white pigs as they slaughter each other.

What does it say?

This is adorable. Can anyone tell what the dialogue says?

Google translate it nigga.

Not exactly historical but I do want a Around the World in Eighty Days anime, just make Phileas Fogg a loli.
I'll show you the spirit of the South!

>tfw RED Living on the Edge Anime never

>Hurr we're american and everyone must care about us and our shitty war.

Oh here come the Europeons to shit up our peaceful thread. Please throw another one of your tantrums again. The size of your inferiority complex is staggering, I must say.

>tfw born in the greatest nation on the face of the earth

Would you watch a Civil War movie trilogy?

Would watch
youtube.com/watch?v=yavz9rzaOSY

Kenshin takes place in the Meiji Restoration period immediately following the collapse of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
Which is why it's mentioned it's forbidden for Kenshin to have his sword and all. Power of Japan was going back to the Emperor and the old way of the Samurai was out of fashion.

>American technological advances during the Civil War and weapon surpluses after it affected Japan
I believe it

Wew lad
youtube.com/watch?v=Xn4AW8wgjoA

SoL about the Julio-clauden emperors when?

Literally nobody outside of America gives a fuck about it.

>no anime about the Knights of the Golden Circle trying to find allies for the CSA in the Japanese shogunate

That's why everyone else does recreations of it

obviously with all the generals as cute anime girls

I don't get why Europeans always have to get butthurt when us Americans try to talk about our Civil War. It was very important to us and we pretty much invented modern warfare. Quite rude honestly.

>Kentucky and Missouri part of the South

Triggered

Who's butthurt? I'm European and I'd like to see a US civil war anime too.

But I'd also like to see an English Civil War anime, with a female Oliver Cromwell.

>American Civil War anime.

It would be shit. They would almost certainly botch John F. Kennedy's assassination.

>John F. Kennedy's assassination
>American Civil War
What did he mean by this?

>we will never have a JFK anime

it hurts.

>ywn see an anime set in the Japanese front lines, telling a humanizing story of an imperial soldier serving the emperor for a final assault.

There are so many that know little of the Asia conflict in the war, any mention of it or attempts to introspect the war would instantly be labeled a sympathizer and worse than a nazi.

Fucking Chinese and Japanese need to quit their bitching

>and we pretty much invented modern warfare
Yeah, no. You just copied Prussian military doctrine 1:1.

Well I really love Gettysburg.

Come back when the Prussians used hot air balloons for recon, ironclad battleships, submarines, gas weapons, gatling guns, rifles and fired so many bullets in their battles that the bullets would collide in midair and fuse together,

They had the beginnings of it, but I wouldn't call it the birth of modern war, that would go to the trenches of the late WW1.

Many European observers noted the technology and tactics used in the American civil war, but was slow to implement it in WW1

Oh and I'll add trench warfare, grenades, naval mines, land mines, torpedos, army ambulance corps, railroads and a massive nation spanning telegraph network that allowed generals on both sides to coordinate strategies on a scale never before seen. Come back when the Prussians did that first.

Well modern warfare proper didn't fully mature until late into WWI, but all the technology and tactics that were used can be traced to the American Civil War or at least can be proven that they were first used in the Civil War.

>hot air balloons for recon
those have been used by both sides in the napoleonix wars
>ironclad battleships, submarines
Prussia wasn't a naval power, none of the German states were really
>gas weapons
not used in your civil war, what're you talking about?
>gatling guns
Prussians had them and used them
>rifles
the Prussians were the first army to mass produce and use breech-loaders
>fired so many bullets in their battles that the bullets would collide in midair and fuse together
that's folklore

Ah yes, the famous Prussian ironclads and repeating rifles. How could I ever forget about those.

>disgraced former samurai mocked for his effeminate appearance wanders in exile, makes it to Elizabethan England
>hired as a child actor in the Globe theatre, gains all-trap harem
>hijinks avoiding Elizabethan trap otaku and enduring Shakespearean love comedy plots

>hot air balloons for recon
>The first major-scale use of balloons in the military occurred during the American Civil War with the Union Army Balloon Corps established and organized by Prof. Thaddeus S. C. Lowe in the summer of 1861
>With his ability to inflate balloons from remote stations, Lowe, his new balloon the Washington and two gas generators were loaded onto a converted coal barge the George Washington Parke Custis. As he was towed down the Potomac, Lowe was able to ascend and observe the battlefield as it moved inward on the heavily forested peninsula. This would be the military's first claim of an aircraft carrier.

>Ironclad Battleships and Submarines
So this is a point for me then.

>Gas Weapons
>During the American Civil War, New York school teacher John Doughty proposed the offensive use of chlorine gas, delivered by filling a 10-inch (254 millimeter) artillery shell with two to three quarts (two to three liters) of liquid chlorine, which could produce many cubic feet (a few cubic meters) of chlorine gas. Doughty’s plan was apparently never acted on, as it was probably presented to Brigadier General James Wolfe Ripley, Chief of Ordnance, who was described as being congenitally immune to new ideas

>rifles
What I meant to say is repeating rifles which were a Civil War invention.

>fired so many bullets in their battles that the bullets would collide in midair and fuse together
Pic related

And this is ignoring all the other stuff like the gatling gun, grenades, use of trains for massive troop transport, etc. etc.

you know that Europe was fully industrialized way before the US was right? Most of those things have been developed in Europe and the European states had better infrastructure too (to adress your railroads point). Things like grenades and the like have been in use since the 1500s. Just because the civil war was your first real war that wasn't fought against a bunch of primitive tribes doesn't mean you used those tactics first.

Actually, some guys tried making this a reality. But like alot of plans, they failed.
But the website is still up if you want to look into it
uncivilwarncutegirls.wordpress.com

When Sup Forums?

American Civil War was when all this stuff was used in a massive scale and not a one off deal. While Europeans were marching in lines, Americans were pioneering truly industrialized warfare.

>Most of those things have been developed in Europe and the European states had better infrastructure too (to adress your railroads point).
Yeah, that's why they didn't use rail for troop movements till the Franco-Prussian war.

>your first real war that wasn't fought against a bunch of primitive tribes doesn't mean you used those tactics first.
I don't care how much you like the British, calling them primitive tribesmen is a bit out there. Mexicans, yeah, call 'em what you want.

You said that hot-air balloons for recon were first used in the civil war. That's just not true regardless what your source says. And the text excerpt you posted explicitly says that gas weaponry was never used in the war. I'll give you the repeating rifle and the gattling gun since they were invented immediately before the war. The molten bullet is just a one in a billion chance don't know how that proves anything. Grenades have been in use for hundreds of years. Trains have been used for troop transports by most European powers since the 1850s.

And all of this is not all that important since you used Prussian drill, infantry tactics, military organization and so forth. You even imported Prussian officers to show you the ropes for crying out loud.

Oh look, it's another Americans think that everyone else cares about their extremely limited history episode.

meant for

That pic you just posted is pretty lewd.

Come on, dammit. Now you're selling me on it.

Six Days War!

German unification wars would be cool too