I'm in the middle of part 4 and liking it a lot

>I'm in the middle of part 4 and liking it a lot
>not as much as the first two tho,
>Think Part 2 is the best still
"oh I think I'll play this eyes over heaven game"
>man named Weather Forecast
>Johnny has a bug bite fetish
>Josuke is a gay sailor and there are two of him

does jojo get better after part 4, or is it thought to have peaked prior to part 5? what do people think are the best parts? tell this newfag about jojo

go away

official part ranking
7>4>2>6>3>1>>>>>>>>>>

As a fellow part 2 lover, my favorite is part 7 (Steel Ball Run)

what makes part 5 so bad? and part 7 so good?

Part 8 so far is my favorite part. Sailor josuke is ironically the most unambiguously heterosexual jojo.

Then again i always thought part 2 as one of my least favorite parts, so my taste is probably shit.

>what makes part 5 so bad?
it takes place in Italy
>and part 7 so good?
it takes place in America

7's ending>4's ending>The good parts of 4>The good parts of 7>7>4>the rest

i hear wildly differing opinions

someone told me their favorite was part 5

i think joseph is probably my favorite of the jojo clan, even if he did cheat on suzi Q

also why is he a sailor?

5 isn't actually bad that's just a meme, it's easily better than parts 1 and 6.

>5
>Better than Stone Ocean

but didn't part 2 take place in italy? for at least part of it

keep reading and find out

I think the reason 2 holds a special place for a lot of people is because it's the first jojo that actually feels like jojo's

you've got a kind of goofy protagonist and flamboyant character designs out the arse compared to utterly generic and straight-laced jonathan from 1

all of that said I think jojo's actually translates fairly poorly to anime, there's too much WORDS WORDS filler for it to be visually interesting. Explanations out the arse.

so the end of 7 is the best part of the series?

Im not there yet so can you say in generic terms why its the best?

>boring characters
>barely any good fights
>bland villain
>takes 3/4 of the fucking part for them to leave the goddamn prison
I literally have no idea why people like this part so much. It's alright at best.

>part 5: nonstop good fights
>part 6: nonstop shit fights

i could go on but that's really all I need to say

Nah, David Pro is just following the industry trend of directly adapting panel to panel which isn't always good for JoJo because Araki's style doesn't flow too well visually.
JoJo can absolutely work as animation, look at the older OVAs, they change a good bit to make everything mesh together but it's still certifiably JoJo

what made part 2 good for me
-perfect ramping up of stakes and tension
-good twists
-not any filler or fluff
-character used his traits to find solutions and solve problems in the way he only could, took this theme and did the best job with it so far

Part 2 has the most dropped potential in the whole franchise, only wham joseph and stroheim do shit in the story, the rest barely move the plot.

all of the parts are good, but Araki makes them all significantly different from each other in themes, narrative structure, etc. so people end up with wildly different favorites.

I think people who like part 2 generally like part 7 a lot because it has a lot of similar themes (such as the bromance between Joestar and Zeppeli), and both have kind of a "grand adventure" feel to them. Part 4 and 8 in contrast both take place in a single area, feature an ensemble cast, and feel a bit more meandering with lots of side-stories and mysteries.

Part 3 and 5 are fairly similar, basically just a battle manga, so people who like JoJo primarily for the stand battles usually like 5 the most.

I mean honestly, what made me interested in Jojo was watching a clip or two of the old OVAs and they changed enough that they did work as animation.

Changing it too much is a bad thing, but adapting direct from every panel just leaves you with WORDS WORDS WORDS and it's terrible.

My ranking too.

Even though Part 8 isn't finished, I am certain it will rank above 6, possible even above 2

This actually makes a lot of sense the way you describe the parts ive read already. I'll probably like part 7 a lot then.

what about 1 and 6?

>bland villain
We got ourselves a speedreader here!

>hatefagging: the thread

>so the end of 7 is the best part of the series?
its, in my opinion, a culmination of everything that araki has learned over his entire career as a manga artist.

it has real stakes for once, it has a morally grey villain, it has heroes that are actually kind of bad people, it has a bunch of character bits where they themselves with the audience don't know whats right. *It was like there was a monster of the week and how to stop them, fit inside a moral dillema that the audience is unsure of, which is amazing in and of itself*

It was just so well done in my mind, that it feels like araki finally got it, like he understands jojo and how to avoid all the pitfalls that he always puts himself into.

it's almost like the climax of the entire series just for araki as an artist. and now part 8 feels like the resolution. Araki has proven himself and now hes just messing around for fun.

>Part 1
>Bad
lol

I mean how else are you going to keep up with the gay priest?

2>7>3>4>5>1>6

Don't let Pucci and Jolyne fags confuse you, 6 is shit

I love 2/7 and 4/8

Objectively good part ranking when shitters, tripfags and cucks are asleep is

8>>4>5=6>2>3>1

the amount of baits thrown in this thread lelmao