Death March

【作者よりのお知らせ】
 アニメ化企画進行中です。
【Notice from author】
An animation planning is ongoing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_march_(project_management)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old news by a few days.

I, for one, can't wait to see the gathering of loli harem.

Can anyone list the difference between the web novel and light novel?

Dunno since I don't read the LN. The translation for it hasn't gotten far and LN usually contains censorship or is more tame compared to WN, anyways. But LN is nice for the illustrations.

WN: Saitou commits genocide for a weapon test.
LN: Saitou commits genocide in excessive self-defense.

WN: Saitou attacks a senior demon for interrupting his date.
LN: Saitou destroys a senior demon because it was attacking him.

WN: most beast people are humans with funny ears; only a few have actual animal heads.
LN: most beast people look like animals; beast-kin who are human-like with animal ears face persecution from both communities.

WN: Most of the people in the city Labyrinth fight separately and die.
LN: Most of the people in the city Labyrinth consolidate and try to make it out together.

WN: Saitou meets elf girl in the forest.
LN: Saitou meets elf girl in the alley.

WN: Trazuyaya's maze is underground.
LN: Trazuyaya's maze is a really big tree.

>WN: Most of the people in the city Labyrinth fight separately and die.
>LN: Most of the people in the city Labyrinth consolidate and try to make it out together.

That's kind of unfair. In the WN they were all totally separated and had no chance to get together at all.

WN really starts to fall apart when the secondary harem starts coming in.
first part should be pretty cute though.

is this an anime about bataan?

it's about cute slaves does cute slave things

Secondary harem = starting with Arisa?

Karina, Sara, ...

>from a previous thread

>series called death march
>has nothing to do with a death march

lame

>MC is transported to another world
>gets OP powers
>instantly gets 10/10 girls to fall in love with him even though he shows no romantic interest in them and looks like a skinny teenager
>despite him showing no interest in any of them, they remain devoted to him forever

How is this getting an anime again? Aren't there much better selling series to animate?

>>instantly gets 10/10 girls to fall in love with him even though he shows no romantic interest in them and looks like a skinny teenager

He has lots of money though. Seems realistic

wtf are you talking about?
kids who want an ordinary life but secretly have god like potential and have 2-5 women fawning for him are the bread and butter of anime.

if you read the manga, you will notice that none of the girls so far knows how much money he has

First of all, he's got 99+ in all his stats, charisma, or whatever equivalent that world has, including, so it's kinda natural that people are attracted to him.

so we have now progressed to the point where a character's actions are irrelevant, the author just needs to give them OP stats to have a harem. Great. Who cares about character development and building relationships right?

christsakes that's worse than Negima!

B-BUT MUH COMFY

pretty much the point of video game mechanics in a story; handwave the need for dialogue and story and say there's a skill for it.
only slightly worse than a lazy use of magic or similar plot devices

aside from maybe lulu and zena, all the girls fall in love with him after noticing his status or strength.

In the LN, Lulu doesn't fall for him -
and Zena falls for him after he catches her in mid-air before she hits the cliff, saving her life.

Death march is still good though. Try that another WN Sousetsuka has picked up recently, now that's the classics of ORE TUEEE Gary Stu.

>pretty much the point of video game mechanics in a story; handwave the need for dialogue and story and say there's a skill for it.
It's also meant to make the world more relatable to the target audience of shut in NEETs.
Because they have more familiarity with video game mechanics than real life, it's easier to empathize with a character's whose trials and struggles are "how do I minmax my build so I can climb ranks in the adventurer's guild faster?" rather than "how do I find employment with a stable income so I can build a sustainable lifestyle for myself?".

>In the LN, Lulu doesn't fall for him -
that's surprising, didn't think the author know how to write female dialogue that wasn't about the MC
does sato still fall for aze and she still a shit character?

how is death march good? Anything mary sue related by definition cannot be good.

I have not read vol 8 of the LN.

I like it. Therefore it's good.
Manga is boring though.

Where can I read the translated Web Novel?

google

>how do I find employment with a stable income so I can build a sustainable lifestyle for myself?
There's enough of that shit in real life, so unless it's done moderately and in humorous way like in konosuba, please keep it away from muh novels and anime.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_march_(project_management)
The term "death march" in this context was discussed at length in Edward Yourdon's book Death March: The Complete Software Developer's Guide to Surviving 'Mission Impossible' Projects

I paused reading this around the point MC left the first town. I thought the MC was bad even for an isekai MC and his harem was boring aside from Arisa who was okay and Zena who he left behind. Should I drop it or give it another shot? I haven't really enjoyed what I've read so far.

uh, but nothing in the story is "mission impossible", the MC is OP from the first chapter and he faces zero difficulties at all.

>(Wants the D, Ordered by King to get the D)
I will never not find this funny.

Dont bother. Shit aint get any better. He's still dull as fuck.

it gradually gets worse, but slowly. keep reading as long as you get something out of it.
it starts really falling apart about when satou becomes a viscount if I remember correctly
I'm still reading it out of shear momentum but it's been pretty lifeless for a while now.

99% of the WN on NU are more of the same so enjoy it while it's novel

"death march" just refers to how he died, the full title being "Death Marching to the Parallel World Rhapsody".
still a dumb name

Death March is kinda strange for me.

I'm up to date with the chapters, but if I was asked what do I like about it, I'd probably wouldn't be able to answer at all. Characters are dull, plot is mcwinslol, the only semblance of tension/suspense is the goddess subplot that moves once per 5 volumes. But even this is obvious that MC is the Demon God in the process of reincarnating.

MC begins as a project manager, promotes to middle management as a Chevalier, and then to upper management as a Viscount.
The whole point of the story is that he solves problems with management strategies and not tactical strategies.

>The whole point of the story is that he solves problems with management strategies and not tactical strategies.
hah, there are a few WN based on management, death march is not one of them

yet you haven't read it at all. Honestly most of his attraction stems from being the hero in a Damsel in Distress scenario. The only problem to that is if you grew up in the last decade, you'd associate women not giving a shit about it anymore like it was granted some random stranger would save anyone because they are strong.

If anything there is a great scenario when MC meets the hero, and they both want to kill each other for ending up with the type of harems they desire.

Death March knows what it is, and that it's just slice of life take it easy mode. I'm perfectly fine with it, and can appreciate MCs tolerance and attention to maintain a semblance of balance for himself.

Ever tried to play old Sim City games? You eventually hit the point meteors and tornadoes start smashing the little people once too many things go wrong.

The ratkin that was with Mia also seem to survive unlike in the WN.

Based on the manga it seems like there's additional fight scenes here and there. Honestly, it's as if it's not the cooking WN I know.

I think Death march is rather unique in the sense that the MC doesn't act like a teenager after losing his 30-years-old body.

In many aspects he's well balanced, which makes his personality easy to relate to.
- Takes foreign cultures into account but mostly adheres to modern ethics.
- Likes girls but doesn't think by his penis.
- Likes meeting people but isn't dependent on getting attention.

Then again, I could just read real literature which isn't written by young people for young people.

But the story is completely ruined by him making that mummy girl fall madly in love with him in the first chapter just by fucking sheltering her under the rain.

Then he somehow captures a vampire by grabbing onto him, and she doesn't simply rip his head off with her vampire strength. She just stands there bitching while he ties her up with super bandages that don't break for some plot device reason.

And the fact that he becomes lord of the castle is so ridiculously convenient, "oh hey theres a curse so nobody else wants to be the lord lol".

Kono suba is plot device after plot device to make the MC look good and get bitches.

I'm 99% sure CHA is NOT a stat in the DM world.

But then Ebina gets Taihei, so that makes it alright.

The initial attraction is understandable, but the fact that the MC doesnt follow up with it and the girls remain madly in love with him forever makes no sense.

I cant believe theres no deconstruction of this yet, where the MC saves a girl, she starts lusting after him, but he doesnt give a shit so she leaves.

Liza gets daughterzoned too? god dammit she does not look like a kid! Give the D!

Amongst all their "family" Liza is the only one who properly views him as Master.

She gets proposed later on by some lizardkin warrior, but she's too pure for love.

if it wanted to be slice of the life, then it should cut out all the OP elements. Do not give the MC any OP powers at ALL. Sure, give him status screens or whatever, cool, give him average or above average stats, but giving him godlike powers off the bat ruins everything.

Making him get into fights with powerful enemies that he kills in one hit also totally defeats the point of "slice of life".

Death march would have been great if the MC was more or less an ordinary guy, maybe give him good skills in trading or something so he has a niche, then have the series be about exploring and starting up a life in the fantasy world.

Think spice and wolf. Spice and wolf is great because the MC is a trader, and not even a particularly good one. He builds a relationship with Horo over many events and trials. She doesn't instantly fall in love with him and he doesn't ignore her affections. He doesn't get any OP powers to instantly solve any obstacle, and even Horo as a goddess can't just snap her fingers and solve everything.

so not so much daughterzoned as she's too dedicated to actually serving him to develop actual romantic feelings and he sees her as like a younger sister or something?

do any of the currently popular LN series have a romance done as well as Spice and Wolf? I miss the nice back and forth of those two.

requests go in /r/

It's shit.
How do all these subpar isekai keep getting anime and manga deals, holy shit. If that fucking Maou Hajimekatakata garbage gets an anime I'm quitting.

Isekai and battle harem LN adaptions are guaranteed money for studios that hate risk. They make money from bumping the LN sales no matter what happens and there's the chance the anime itself gets popular and they make even more dosh.