Did Square Enix go too far?

Demon's Plan ch 4 is out

mangastream.com/r/demons_plan/004/3880/1

I don't hate this, come at me Sup Forums

also, if someone wants to dump the chapter be my guest

My computer is acting up.

Like I said I don't get why that guy has such a hardon for Carlos, but such a hateboner for Boro.

>150770183

I really don't like this manga.
The characters aren't fun, the premise is pathetic, there is not one hint of good characterization outside tropes.
If this manga is made two decades ago, it might be something. But right now, with other battle manga competitors, this manga is below par.

>have the power to take everything he wants and make it a part of his boy
>put finger in ear

lolwut

>The characters aren't fun
it make sense since the start is pretty dark, why should they be fun

>the premise is pathetic
pathetic how? battle royal is something that Japan made famous

>there is not one hint of good characterization outside tropes
it been like 4 chapters

>If this manga is made two decades ago, it might be something. But right now, with other battle manga competitors, this manga is below par.
are you saying people in the past had shit taste?
and yeah, Fairy Tail, Fire Bigade, Black Clover and Boruto....such a great high standards

This is gonna get canned faster than Love Rush

Don't be so sure, people said the same about Black Clover but look at it now.

Carlos is a girl, right?

no

>Veronika

I thought this was a guy.

We never saw his bare chest (unlike Boro's) and he had girly expressions.

He is a guy, but has a girl's name because japs can't be bothered to make research on foreign languages.

This guy knows what's up

Bottom panel.

He is talking about Carlos the guy in the first and second page with white hair.

It is so bad user.

Demon's Plan is like the DC movies of the manga world

every time they put something out people will start fighting whether it was good or bad

and I'm just sitting here thinking it is not good nor bad, just meh

bad how?

So it's a guy with a female name.

I guess there should be no problem if Carlos is a girl with a male name.

That seems more like Black Clover to me, but it seems that the shit it pulled with the LN chararcters have completely killed off the already small fanbase it had on Sup Forums.

Why do you want Carlos to be a girl so bad?

I don't, I just like mysteries and speculations.

Black Clover is more like the Twilight movies

no one like that shit

You'd be suprised I have seen some anons unironically defend Black Clover.

All that matters is if people will still be talking about this months from now.

Yami is good

Good until you find out Jaimini is changing his lines to make him sound cool

>Good until you find out Jaimini is changing his lines to make him sound cool
You know, since it's Black Clover, I really don't care that much.

Make it a gag translation for all I care.

since when you have been under the impression that ear's fingers aren't cool?

ever heard of headphones?

Yami is cool and Julius also kind of, but two cool side character don't make up for how shit the rest is.

>fanart
That was quick

>are you saying people in the past had shit taste?
Pretty sure he's saying it wouldn't have been so incredibly overdone back then. I mean, it still wouldn't be original, but at least it'd be scratching an itch. Whereas now, well...
>and yeah, Fairy Tail, Fire Bigade, Black Clover and Boruto....such a great high standards
kind of proves his point. Demon plan is no different than those previously listed. It's the same, predictable derivative schlock product that Japan's been shilling out for at least a decade now.

How vapid. Doesn't even have the courtesy to be entertainingly bad.

>Did Square Enix go too far?

not far enough

no ole golazo?

No that comes out monday I think.
Mangastream really likes this manga for some reason so that is why it came out earlier than the other new stuff.
As far as I know no one is scanlating Ole Golazo, so monday might be the last chapter that gets translated.

Well duh. I imagine he didn't literally say "What's good bitches" in Japanese.

It's just more entertaining to read him translated like that.

Also this isn't too bad...I don't see it surviving long but really "Demon Highlander" isn't too bad of a premise.

>sticking out your tongue when fighting

only one person has made that look cool.

Two decades ago Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragon Ball just ended, and One Piece debuted with Naruto coming soon after. I don't think it would've been that big of a hit.

Why do the MCs of all these battle mangas have to have such generic powers? The villain here is 10x more interesting than Boro already.

It's harder to write pretty much.

An MC who has the ability to just "punch harder" or pull a powerful defensive move out at will give you a way to leverage yourself out of any corner you write yourself into without it seeming TOO much like an asspull if done low-key enough.

Like, if Boros was the collectionist you'd have to explain all the shit he picks up- and it'd make writing continued fights difficult because it'd be difficult to write a complex fight without it seeming like he could just pull out whatever weapon or doodad he just so happens to need at that moment.

The MC's defense seeming just tough enough to survive an attack, or his strength being JUST enough to win can look less like an asspull than, "Ah, I so so happened to have this exact item needed to counter you!"

He has a reason for doing so that makes it look less stupid.

Series is thus far 4/4 for making me go "meh" after reading it.

So far it's been pretty boring, i think even Black Clover had a better start and that's pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

I like it